• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas General Discussion

HelpR

Smash Ace
watching who framed roger rabbit. Just... wow at the toon town scene. it's really been a while, dont remember it being so absolutely hyperactive.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
My resolution was to not eat chocolate for a month.

Also, I need to stop changing my sig. But this image is SO SWEET.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
My resolution is to be the best there ever was.
Look up "The Greastest Man That Ever Lived" by Weezer.

watching who framed roger rabbit. Just... wow at the toon town scene. it's really been a while, dont remember it being so absolutely hyperactive.
I love that movie <3

Once when I was younger I dressed up as Roger Rabbit for Haloween XD

HelpR

Smash Ace
I love that movie <3

Once when I was younger I dressed up as Roger Rabbit for Haloween XD
Yeah, I really just like this movie. wish there were much more of it, as it's just incredible the amount of humor that takes years to get.

The closest thing I can think of is cool world. Just... cool world. Ugh.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Wow...did you draw that too Yink? You're amazing at drawing :o
No, this is by one of my favorite artists though. I in no way am claiming this as my own. I just cropped it down to size..

Here's something I've drawn though:

Tokaio

Smash Journeyman
No, this is by one of my favorite artists though. I in no way am claiming this as my own. I just cropped it down to size..

Here's something I've drawn though:

That's still pretty good. I can't even draw a cat without it looking weird lol

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Lucas is the Worst Character in the Game.

Dead serious about this. As much as I love him and i'm still playing him......he's just that bad. I've come to realize more and more how important mobility is in this game and he has none. Not only is his ground speed bad, he also has very few mixup options and this is critically important when facing characters that are superior to him. His lack of a grab game is also very detrimental to his game.........if you just learn the timing for his moves your pretty much safe in your shield the majority of the game against him as his grab speed is atrocious. No aerial priority is very bad as well as you're forced to maintain a grounded game and with the lack of a grab game.....he's very one dimensional.

If you get a sizeable lead on Lucas it is incredibly easy to time him out. He gets camped to death by any character with a decent camping game and outcamped by any character with good mobility(MK, Marth, Sheik, Wario, Wolf, Sonic, Peach etc.)

Bad MU's pretty much across the board, he still has a few manageable MU's where you can attempt to use him, but if your opponent understands Lucas it's still simple to just zone him. Lucas has to take too many risks to accumulate any damage at all and while a few of those may pay off, a few of them won't and being offstage is NOT where you want to be as Lucas. His recovery has also got to be one of the worst in the game. To add to his terrible recovery is the fact that he is really light and has a bad momentum cancel.

I swear no other character has as many wasted moveslots. Ftilt, Utilt, PSI Magnet, PK Freeze, and PK Thunder are all awful moves that really add nothing to his game. Well, PSI Magnet but that doesn't add anything specifically to the Lucas metagame.

His one saving grace is d-tilt lock which is his best tactical move, yet even that move is extremely hard to land and even moreso at KO percents where it actually becomes the most useful.

Thoughts?

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Yeah Lucas does kind of suck, so does Ness. But that's okay because we main them anyways.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
-_-#

The post on the ROB boards is a joke that's copy-pasted from the Zelda boards, like mine.

HelpR

Smash Ace
lol... that's funny cause I remember a friend of mine linking to a thread on the ROB boards which was titled 'it's hopeless' It more or less detailed how ROB is useless because he has a hard CP in the form of MK.

lil cj

Smash Lord
So you can understand my joke.
Your joke was funny...i lol'd!
I saw that "Zelda is the Worst Character in the Game" thread.
That was funny too....Zelda is way better than Ganon,Link,Jiggs, and Captian Falcon aka the worst characters in the game.

Mars shouldnt be trolling the Zelda boards saying their character is the worst. Cause in reality his main Sheik somewhat needs Zelda for easier KOs. And I bet if someone trolled about his character saying "Sheik sucks in brawl" or "Pikachu is a Sheik counter" he would get mad and know how it feels :/

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
Hey I'm really curious as to how a recent (and good) lucas looks like. I've seen most other characters in the peak of their metagame but not Lucas. Send some links my way and I may or may not make it worth your while.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I wanted to give him the ones where you were against a Diddy since he was a Diddy player :p

HelpR

Smash Ace
topic revival!

do any of you guys use custom setups for controllers?

i'd also like an idea of how many people b-stick and use default though

I personally c-stick, but I have A as special, B as attack, and Y as attack. easy zap jumping is fun. tap jump on. just too used to it, had to learn to be delicate enough to lean the shield and do u-tilt though, but i think it's worth it

Levitas

the moon
I've just been using the standard GCN layout these days, but I might have to switch a button for zap jumps sometime soon.

HelpR

Smash Ace
wow, a colombian smasher. yo bro, how well is the smash scene down in colombia?

I went there last summer to visit my half sister and aunt. Was curious if there was a smash scene at all down there, lol.

Tokaio

Smash Journeyman
L for jump
C-stick for special
Y as attack

L is for zap jumping, C-stick for Wavebouncing, and Y because it just makes reverse boost pivot grabs easier for me.
I'm also curious....how many Lucas mains still B-sticking?

Top Bottom