• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Shrine

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
Add me, my love for lucario is the cause for global warming. I remember when i was breeding lucarios for combat, then an egg hatched and there layed the golden child (SHINY LUCARIO BABY).

Fawriel

Smash Master
... why is everyone forming clubs now?

The Space Pirates were the first! Muhahaha!

If you ever need a "token guy who's not a great fan but still supports the character for a hobby", count me in.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
... why is everyone forming clubs now?

The Space Pirates were the first! Muhahaha!

If you ever need a "token guy who's not a great fan but still supports the character for a hobby", count me in.
Nope Diddy Kong Fans were a club way before the original Ridley thread even exsisted. Diddy Kong was the second character support thread formed on these boards, the first was Little Mac (NES Mac, not SNES Mac).

Also I don't know if I fully support Lucario yet, I like him and he is on my main team on Pearl (allthough I nicknamed him Lucky) and he would be fun, but until I see Mewtwo and Jigglypuff confirmed I don't overly support him. Also I swear to god that if Lucario is in Brawl and Jigglypuff is not I will remove my level 80 Lucario from my main team and replace him with a Jigglypuff.

PopFusion

Smash Apprentice
I don't understand why everyone wants him in brawl. I mean I wouldn't mind having him, but he's nothing special, I mean he was in a couple games and a movie, but he's nothing special, I mean he's not even qa main pokemon, so why would they add him.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
I don't understand why everyone wants him in brawl. I mean I wouldn't mind having him, but he's nothing special, I mean he was in a couple games and a movie, but he's nothing special, I mean he's not even qa main pokemon, so why would they add him.
There is no main Pokemon except Pikachu and possibly Meowth.

And maybe Mewtwo too.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Well, I dont know if many people know this, but:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmxj-cly1Dk

Watch it starting at 2:50. David Hayter is asked which Brawl character he would like to beat up most, and he responds with Pikachu, and JIGGLYPUFF. Considering that Hayter has already made codec conversations for all the characters in the game, this pretty much confirms that Jiggs has returned.

The implications of this - will Sakurai really allow 5 Pokemon characters on the roster screen? If not then Mewtwo would have to be cut. And I really dont see that happening, no matter how much I like and support Lucario...

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Wait, am I counting wrong or something? 5 Pokemon characters on the roster?

Pikachu...Jigglypuff...Mewtwo...Pokemon Trainer...four spots on the roster. People need to stop saying Pokemon Trainer takes up three spots. Yes, he is a 3 in 1 character but as you can see on the newcomers page, the Pokemon Trainer is one character. Yes, just one character. There's still a chance for one or two more Pokemon to join in. After all, Melee had five Mario characters on the roster, right?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Why is he the only deserving Pokemon? What has he done that has substantially changed the franchise? What has he done that has set him apart from all other Pokemon?

Chepe

Smash Lord
Wait, am I counting wrong or something? 5 Pokemon characters on the roster?

Pikachu...Jigglypuff...Mewtwo...Pokemon Trainer...four spots on the roster. People need to stop saying Pokemon Trainer takes up three spots. Yes, he is a 3 in 1 character but as you can see on the newcomers page, the Pokemon Trainer is one character. Yes, just one character. There's still a chance for one or two more Pokemon to join in. After all, Melee had five Mario characters on the roster, right?
With Lucario, that does make 5 though. And this is where the question comes in: will Sakurai allow 5 Pokemon characters on the roster? I dont know what you misunderstood here...

Why is he the only deserving Pokemon? What has he done that has substantially changed the franchise? What has he done that has set him apart from all other Pokemon?
Oddly enough the Pokemon series doesnt work that way. Besides Pokemon Trainer which is meant to shake things up for Pokemon and Smash, all the Pokemon that get in are fighting a big popularity contest. Pikachu is a no-brainer, Jiggs was extremely popular during the first Smash Bros' time and is now a staple, and Mewtwo is also popular and was heavily requested for and was even planned for the original Smash.

The only question is whether or not Lucario is popular enough. Of course, being Gamefreak's pampered prince of the 4th gen might just be enough. Who knows at this point...

Cinder

Smash Master
With Lucario, that does make 5 though. And this is where the question comes in: will Sakurai allow 5 Pokemon characters on the roster? I dont know what you misunderstood here...
Why wouldn't he? There were four in Melee, so it would only be fair to give the series at least one more rep, am I right?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Why wouldn't he? There were four in Melee, so it would only be fair to give the series at least one more rep, am I right?
So 4 characters (really 6 because PT is 3 characters in 1) isn't good enough? I know the series sells like hotcakes but that is a LOT of characters, there are other series such as Donkey Kong Which only have 2 or F-Zero which at this present time have NO characters at ALL. Pokemon fans should be glad with the characters there is, I'm somewhat of a Pokemon fan and I know I'm delighted with the characters allready (plus Jigglys and Mewtwo). More would be nice but other series need some representation too.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
There is no main Pokemon except Pikachu and possibly Meowth.

And maybe Mewtwo too.
Hmmm that might not be right

Pikachu-super popular poke

Jiggly-Second super popular poke. The most popular poke umongst most females (from last recording)

Mewtwo-First and most well known legendary (as well as the first pokemon poke villain)

The Starters-They are starters....

Darkrai-Second evil poke as well as legendary and is from the latest movie

Lucario-yeah...

Poliwhirl-Not very popular in the games or anime but he's the evol of the Poke creator's favorite poke and he was very popular in the manga. Still please no ZOMG Poliwhirl threads because he's extremely unlikely.

Meowth-He's an PP so.....no one cares anymore.

Still if there are 5 poke reps it will most likely be Lucario with a 10% of it being Darkrai instead (apprantely he's suppose to be the newest Mewtwo and Japan gots the luvs for him). Still we don't know if pokemon will get 5 reps (even if the mario sereis gets 5). But still who cares, we'll find out sooner or later right?

So 4 characters (really 6 because PT is 3 characters in 1) isn't good enough? I know the series sells like hotcakes but that is a LOT of characters, there are other series such as Donkey Kong Which only have 2 or F-Zero which at this present time have NO characters at ALL. Pokemon fans should be glad with the characters there is, I'm somewhat of a Pokemon fan and I know I'm delighted with the characters allready (plus Jigglys and Mewtwo). More would be nice but other series need some representation too.
I agree with you xiangfeng. Lucario is just a hyped character like Micaiah. He may be in brawl, but I wouldn't put my money on it.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I doubt Darkrai has any real chance, he has no real importance and I don't think that movies count any more considering none of them have been in the movies since the second one. I'm pretty sure they all go straight to Cartoon Network now, so Darkrai's movie which he co-stars in won't be a real main release and won't get any ads aside from CN ones.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I doubt Darkrai has any real chance, he has no real importance and I don't think that movies count any more considering none of them have been in the movies since the second one. I'm pretty sure they all go straight to Cartoon Network now, so Darkrai's movie which he co-stars in won't be a real main release and won't get any ads aside from CN ones.
Even if Darkrai was in Brawl, it would've been in a Poke Ball. Of course, its Dark Void attack can prove to be quite effective.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
And that's the point I'm trying to make. Lucario got his popularity the same way. They are both abnormal (meaning that they can't be caught by normal means and they are fourth gen). I think you completly missed my point by me saying they're both unlikely. I do not think either will be in.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
And that's the point I'm trying to make. Lucario got his popularity the same way. They are both abnormal (meaning that they can't be caught by normal means and they are fourth gen). I think you completly missed my point by me saying they're both unlikely. I do not think either will be in.
The same goes for me. I personaly think sakurai will stick to the first gen ones for now. the only way lucario is getting in is if he replaces Jigglypuff. they have the same footing and standing in reasons.

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm that might not be right

Pikachu-super popular poke

Jiggly-Second super popular poke. The most popular poke umongst most females (from last recording)

Mewtwo-First and most well known legendary (as well as the first pokemon poke villain)

The Starters-They are starters....

Darkrai-Second evil poke as well as legendary and is from the latest movie

Lucario-yeah...

Poliwhirl-Not very popular in the games or anime but he's the evol of the Poke creator's favorite poke and he was very popular in the manga. Still please no ZOMG Poliwhirl threads because he's extremely unlikely.

Meowth-He's an AT so.....no one cares anymore.

Still if there are 5 poke reps it will most likely be Lucario with a 10% of it being Darkrai instead (apprantely he's suppose to be the newest Mewtwo and Japan gots the luvs for him). Still we don't know if pokemon will get 5 reps (even if the mario sereis gets 5). But still who cares, we'll find out sooner or later right?

I agree with you xiangfeng. Lucario is just a hyped character like Micaiah. He may be in brawl, but I wouldn't put my money on it.
Umm whaddaya mean Meowth is an AT?,he is a pokeball item!

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
The same goes for me. I personaly think sakurai will stick to the first gen ones for now. the only way lucario is getting in is if he replaces Jigglypuff. they have the same footing and standing in reasons.

I agree with you to an extent. However you can't completely compare Lucario with Jiggly. they are different characters with different pros and cons. Yes are common in that they are popular but most people fail to realize that Jiggly also acts as the second most popular pokemon for females players where as males are usually drawn to squirtle,charizard, Mewtwo or Lucario. I know it might not seem like a lot but still it is a difference then Lucario who is competing in popular poke for a over all high percent of male players.

Buizel should be in brawl!
now that's just silly

Umm whaddaya mean Meowth is an AT?,he is a pokeball item!
Like it makes a big difference in Meowth's probability. ATs are nothing more than Nintendo character pokeballs.

kaid

Smash Master
Arguing purely on the basis of how many pokemon SHOULD be in brawl...

In Smash 64, 2/12 characters were pokemon, 2 were Mario, and 1 was Zelda, for 5/12 total
In Smash Melee, 4/25 were pokemon, 4 were Mario, and 4 were Zelda, for 12/25 total
Notice that all three franchises are about even, and add up to just under half the roster.

If we assume 40 characters, like most of us do...

38/2=19
19/3= 6.3333,

So call it an average of 6 per major franchise, just on established trends.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
I wanted to ask. Is it alright if I use that banner that is on the first page? The Lucario for brawl one? I didn't want to take it and not ask.

Top Bottom