• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Shrine

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Dudes, let's forget about the anime. The anime is for ****ing ******* who think Pokémon is just the cartoons and card games with a videogame as spin-off.

This isn't "Super Smash Bros.: Game made for ****ing Nintenn00bs", this is "Super Smash Bros.: **** YEAH YOU'RE A MORE HARDCORE NINTENDOID THAN US". Lucario is just more popular with the Nintendoids than let's say Meowth or Bidoof (although he made himself infamous by being awarded the most ugly 4th gen Pokémon). He stands an excellent chance.

When you ask people on the streets, do you know who Pichu is, and then they would say, "Huh what? Stop stalking me! Freak." Ask a Nintendoid about Pichu, or even Snorlax or Munchlax, then they would say "**** YEAH POKÉMON!" or "I don't give a rats *** about Pokémon."

Or you get "HAI GAIZ LET ME SHOW U MY POKEMANS!"

Cinder

Smash Master
I don't think .::Link::. was being serious.
I hope you're right -_-...

I doubt whether or not Jigglypuff makes it in even effects Lucario's chances.
Exactly! We can have five Pokemon reps (counting PT as one slot, assuming Pichu's out)

Ike will be a clone of Marth\Roy.

Sonic will be a clone of Jigglypuff.

Dedede will be a clone of the Ice Climbers.

see where i am going?
And Charizard is a Meta Knight clone...ZOMG!!!

.::Link::.

Smash Apprentice
I guess my introduction thread to this shrine was a little bit sick and twisted.
Sorry for making everyone mad.
I am here so I can have fair debates.

I thought someone might find my sadistic humor funny. :(

-Link-

Joka

Smash Journeyman
LUCARIO

Strengh: B-
Defense: B
Speed: A
Recovery: B
Weight: C
Jumping Distance: A

BASIC MOVES:
A Button repeatedly (Mach Punch)
-Lucario sends a fast barrage of quick punches at the foe. This can be annoying if you are against him as you can get trapped in the attack (akin to Kirby's Vulcan Jab)
DAMAGE: 5%
(And I meant it's related to Kirby's Vulcan Jab)

A Button while dashing (Extremespeed)
-Similar to Fox's Fox Illusion, Lucario strikes the foe with superspeed.
DAMAGE: 8%

SMASHES:
A Button + Left or Right (Jump Kick)
-Pretty self-explanatory. Lucario stikes the foe with his foot.
DAMAGE: 16%

A Button + Up (Knock Off)
-Lucario slaps the foe into the air with a paw.
DAMAGE: 9%

A Button + Down (Slam)
-Same as Knock Off, Lucario slams the foe with his paw

AIR MOVES:
A Button (Rapid Spin)
-Lucario spins briefly in midair trapping anyone that touches him.
DAMAGE: 5%-15%

A Button + Left (Drill Kick)
-Lucario hits the foe with a kick that drills into them.
DAMAGE: 4%-10%

A Button + Right (Smashing Kick)
-A powerful kick attack, Lucario smashes the enemy backward with a kick.
DAMAGE: 10%

A Button + Down (Aura Dive)
-Lucario fires down at the foe covered in a blue mist
DAMAGE: 10%-15%

SPECIAL ATTACKS:
B Button (Aura Sphere)
-Similar to Samus' Charge Shot and Mewtwo's Shadow Ball. Lucario charges a ball of aura. Once it fully charges, Lucario's fist will glow (like Mewtwo, but only blue instead of purple).
DAMAGE: -15%-20% depending on charge.
Good, you changed it. It's now balanced!

B Button + Left or Right (Metal Claw)
-Lucario slashes with a metallic claw.
DAMAGE: 10%

B Button + Up (Sky Uppercut)
-Strikes the foe into the sky. A pretty useful knock out move. Lucario also jumps into the sky for his move (similiar to Roy's Blazer and Marth's Dolphin Slash)
DAMAGE: 15%

FINAL SMASH (Close Combat)
-Lucario throws out a huge set of punches at the foe (has the same pushing effect as Mario's Final Smash). Very powerful, but Lucario becomes more vulnerable to attacks and easier to knock off the stage.

That seems like a balanced set. I added the FS.

Joka

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I forgot a Down+B. I guess that might be a protection move. Like Detect or Mirror Coat.

I haven't thought of how long CC would last...

Cinder

Smash Master
Oh, I forgot a Down+B. I guess that might be a protection move. Like Detect or Mirror Coat.

I haven't thought of how long CC would last...
Kaid had a good down-B...Lucario would trigger its Inner Focus, giving it unlimited no-flinch frames (as long as it holds the attack)...and I don't think Lucario can learn MC, but I haven't been on Serebii in a while...

And I would expect CC to operate like Link's FS...maybe it could be just as long...

Black/Light

Smash Master
Jigglypuff isn't even that popular anymore, not like she used to be, she doesn't even appear in the Anime anymore.
Just clear the air of people's views of the puff's popularity. . .

"In 2006, Viz released a series of ten DVDs based around individual Pokémon in celebration of Pokémon's 10th anniversary in the United States. Jigglypuff was released as volume 2, with Pikachu being the first volume. The Pokémon featured were determined by an online poll; after Pikachu, Jigglypuff was the most popular and was therefore released second."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jigglypuff

VaneWalker

Smash Apprentice
Alternate move set. And Stuff

B:Aura Sphere: At its fullist does 15%. chargeble and storable. Directible

BD: Couter: Retaliates any phisicle attack at 1.5 times power

B>:Iron Might: Lucario Dashes forward and delivers a mighty Punch,Low kick, and elbow slam In 3 maximun succesions .Think roy/marth side b. Recover ability.

BU:lucario grabs opponent and flies in the air to hurl them into the ground. Recover Ability

Final Smash Aura Bombarment: Lucario travels to the center of th stage and releases multiple aura sphears at once that track down the opponent "but if your really good you can dodge them ; )

Alternate coloration: Shiny lucario, Darker Lucario, Lighter Lucario,Beat up Lucario(Textures Are ruffer and more tough giving the appearance that he got beat up.

Personally i think this is a pretty good opinion. And dont worry lots of those other sweet moves like High Jump Kick will be part of his normal moveset in my mind.

Sariku

Smash Master
Well if I can't control this thread >.<

B - Aura Sphere (Think Mewtwo's Shadow Ball. The difference his it's smaller, not as strong, but faster.)
Up B - Sky Uppercut (Think Marth's Up B. For the Damage fans, there is also a possible Seismic Toss, but I think that will be reserved for Charizard.)
Down B - Mirror Coat (Think Fox's Shine)
Smash B - Dragon Rush??? (Think Falcon's Smash B)

Final Smash - Close Combat (Think Ike's, but with hands and feet.)

L_Cancel

Smash Champion

B - Aura Sphere (Think Mewtwo's Shadow Ball. The difference his it's smaller, not as strong, but faster.)
Up B - Sky Uppercut (Think Marth's Up B. For the Damage fans, there is also a possible Seismic Toss, but I think that will be reserved for Charizard.)

I have to say that this is my favorite suggested moveset for Lucario that I've seen thus far. I haven't commented on this thread for a while but... Lucario for Brawl!!!

Cinder

Smash Master

Not to be picky, but Lucario can't learn DR or MC...they're good ideas, but if you want moves it can actually learn, how 'bout:

keeping your B/^B, and AS has homing abilities
vB: Dark Pulse--emits a wave of dark energy
>B: Vacuum Wave--a blast of energy is held, pulling in all nearby opponents...

Sonallvegqu

Smash Cadet
Yes, include Lucario.
And, NO for wavedashing , L-canceling, and all those glitchy loopholes to take advantage in fighting. What ever happen to all fair gameplay these days?

Cinder

Smash Master
Yes, include Lucario.
And, NO for wavedashing , L-canceling, and all those glitchy loopholes to take advantage in fighting. What ever happen to all fair gameplay these days?
One, is that necessary? This is a Lucario discussion, not an advanced tech discussion...
Two, you can't WD, can you >.<...
Three, "fair" gameplay is for n00bs:p...WD/L-Cancel FTW!!

kaid

Smash Master
Wavedashes as we know them have been removed, by making airdodging not affect momentum. (you can't airdodge down on your way up)

Lcancels, shorthops, and fastfalls have been confirmed.

So, my brethren of the Lucario shrine... It is time I updated the original post.

What would people like me to have in it?

Harmonicry

Smash Apprentice
not to surprising.. everyone starts complaining about adv. tech's like L-cancel and WD. just because they can't do it..

i say. lucario should have movements skills like wavedash and l-cancel. LOL

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
wavedashing, meh, I can use it fine and it makes wins.. but it's kinda boring. Especially when so many Smash fighters don't know what it is/can't do these ATs.

I say take them out and give us NEW moves and AT's to learn. Something fresh. And give newbies a chance to get good enough to make more challenging fights.

I'd rather have a truckload of friends who are on par with me than just two or three, honestly. unfortunately AT's usually ostracize people.

But that is SEVERELY off topic.

As for updating the page, that link that raphtmarqui put was pretty boss. Any others with Lucario in it?

Top Bottom