• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Shrine

Cinder

Smash Master
Nah, just ignore him. He's an idiot that nobody cares about.
Aren't all Lucario haters? All they do is counter our good arguments...Lucario haters are like mules, you can't make 'em change their minds...but then again, it's impossible to win an argument...'cuz these haters will always think they're right...the only thing left to do is sit back and wait for Lucario's confirmation...

Black/Light

Smash Master
No one likes a sore loser, Black/Light. ;) But if you wanna keep digging a deeper ditch for yourself, I guess I can't stop you.
Sore loser? You haven't shown me much of anything as to why Lucario should be in that doesn't appeal to a list of other pokemon and gave me a list of highly wanted pokemon on the trading site which only reflects the needs of people to either collect all the pokemon or full up their teams (neither being relared to Smash). Im simply repling. . .a "sore loser" would have to "lose" first and start flaming.

And some Lucario fan on a Lucario support thread likes what you said. . .

Yeah. . . your just the arvg Lucario fan-boy.

Cinder

Smash Master
Aren't all Lucario haters? All they do is counter our good arguments...Lucario haters are like mules, you can't make 'em change their minds...but then again, it's impossible to win an argument...'cuz these haters will always think they're right...the only thing left to do is sit back and wait for Lucario's confirmation...
vvvvvv

Sore loser? You haven't shown me much of anything as to why Lucario should be in that doesn't appeal to a list of other pokemon and gave me a list of highly wanted pokemon on the trading site which only reflects the needs of people to either collect all the pokemon or full up their teams (neither being relared to Smash). Im simply repling. . .a "sore loser" would have to "lose" first and start flaming.

And some Lucario fan on a Lucario support thread likes what you said. . .

Yeah. . . your just the arvg Lucario fan-boy.
I don't know why you have to flame him, he's just trying to prove that Lucario isn't guaranteed to be in brawl. >_>; For all you know you could be digging yourself an even bigger ditch
I rest my case...besides, we know it isn't GUARANTEED, but it's likely...don't deny it...it's very likely...not 100% guaranteed, but likely...

kaid

Smash Master
My brethren, let not those opposed anger you, for they only wish to be able to claim foresight if Lucario should fail the trials still ahead of him. Yea, he may fall, as great Deoxys, sweet Gardevor, and sly Meowth have fallen, but he may also pass these trials in the eyes of the Lord Sakurai, ascending to the pinnacle already acheved by the likes of Pikachu and Mewtwo.
The future is not certian, but our point has been made. After over a year, Lucario stands at the forefront, representing the best the new generation has to offer. The Lord Sakurai may accept our champion, or he may throw him into ruin, stomping on all that is new. Let us pray, my brethren, that he makes the openminded choice.

Cinder

Smash Master
My brethren, let not those opposed anger you, for they only wish to be able to claim foresight if Lucario should fail the trials still ahead of him. Yea, he may fall, as great Deoxys, sweet Gardevor, and sly Meowth have fallen, but he may also pass these trials in the eyes of the Lord Sakurai, ascending to the pinnacle already acheved by the likes of Pikachu and Mewtwo.
The future is not certian, but our point has been made. After over a year, Lucario stands at the forefront, representing the best the new generation has to offer. The Lord Sakurai may accept our champion, or he may throw him into ruin, stomping on all that is new. Let us pray, my brethren, that he makes the openminded choice.
Very philosophical...here's my version: you can NEVER say a character is definately in OR out unless Sakurai says so (unless they're really unreasonable)...only the word of Sakurai is final at this point...all we wanna do is express our love for Lucario to the world...and compared to, oh, say, Kinnekuman (who was suggested *snickers*), Lucario is a reasonable choice...

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
I don't know why you have to flame him, he's just trying to prove that Lucario isn't guaranteed to be in brawl.
As already said, Megadio, it's not that he is trying to prove that Lucario isn't guaranteed. There's nothing to prove, every sensible pro-Lucario member here knows that Lucario isn't guaranteed. Black/Light, no matter what he'll say, has been trying to disprove Lucario's chances more than they actually are, I wouldn't be surprised if he's disproving Lucario's chances entirely.

The fact that Lucario is not guaranteed is true.

Also true is the fact that Lucario is a likely candidate to be playable.

Even if he doesn't get in, that doesn't change that basic fact that Lucario is/was a likely candidate, just like Mewtwo was for N64.

For all you know you could be digging yourself an even bigger ditch
Nah, only people who say Lucario is in 100% could be digging themselves a bigger ditch.

The future is not certian, but our point has been made. After over a year, Lucario stands at the forefront, representing the best the new generation has to offer.
Truth.

Shuma

Smash Hero
He does have a point about the so called "Ranking" in the pokemon site, that just shws the most wanted pokemon, and that doesn't mean he is more popular, just that he's hard to get and more new. 'Cause really, he is not more popular than Pikachu.... and he is above mewtwo, that has nothing to do with popularity.

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
He does have a point about the so called "Ranking" in the pokemon site, that just shws the most wanted pokemon, and that doesn't mean he is more popular, just that he's hard to get and more new. 'Cause really, he is not more popular than Pikachu.... and he is above mewtwo, that has nothing to do with popularity.
Alot of that does, though, Shuma.

Most people pick their pokemon teams for 2 things:

1) the pokemon must fit their criteria of a good team.
2) they must like the pokemon.

I bet you if Lucario looked like the lamest pokemon of all it wouldn't be so high up in the list.

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
Technically it's 108 souls bound to a rock for 500 years as punishment for sins. ;)

Also, check this out:

He's composed of 108 spirits, his D/P Pokedex # is 108, his base defense and special defense are 108, it weighs 108 kilograms, and is the basis of a buddhist ritual in Japan that has a bell rung 108 times.

Yeah. Way cooler if you actually KNOW what the pokemon is :D

Shuma

Smash Hero
Pichu yes, Jigg's no. I though "WTF" when i unlocked.. "it" in the 64, but now "it" is part of smash. So i "like" it.

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
Regarding the myth that "The only reason Lucario has alot of merchandise was because of his movie, and it doesn't prove any kind of popularity". Well boys and girls, upon researching the past movies, I found made clear: The movie after Lucario, showcasing the pokemon Manaphy, had far less merchandise FOR manaphy than Lucario had. While both had simple things like plushies and trading cards, Lucario excelled in having a lunchbox, backpack, more shirts and action figures, and even shoe charms. Deoxys from the previous film Destiny Deoxys has even less merchandise than either.

You can also test this out by searching for merchandise on eBay.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
He does have a point about the so called "Ranking" in the pokemon site, that just shws the most wanted pokemon, and that doesn't mean he is more popular, just that he's hard to get and more new.'Cause really, he is not more popular than Pikachu.... and he is above mewtwo, that has nothing to do with popularity.
Umm...no. Lucario is one of the most easily obtained pokemon because everyone automaticaly gets one as an egg in every game.:ohwell:
Thats just proving my point, why is a common pokemon that you can just mass breed easily; 11th on the top most wanted list.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Technically it's 108 souls bound to a rock for 500 years as punishment for sins. ;)

Also, check this out:

He's composed of 108 spirits, his D/P Pokedex # is 108, his base defense and special defense are 108, it weighs 108 kilograms, and is the basis of a buddhist ritual in Japan that has a bell rung 108 times.

It's good to see other Pokémon fans on this board. Especially ones who know what they are talking about.

I know this doesn't mean much, but because Cartoon Network shows the Lucario movie on TV at times, my cousin knows who Lucario is. My Cousin is in no way a Pokémon fan. The only games he plays are shooters on his 360. Yet even he knows who Lucario is. Granted he also knows Mewtwo, Charizard, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Squirtle, Blastoise, Raichu and Mew. But the fact that the only 4th generation Pokémon a non pokémon fan recognizes is Lucario, says something about his popularity. I know Sakurai won't base a character getting in on weather or not my Cousin knows who it is. I was just using that as an example.

Anyway I trust that Sakurai will make the Right decision and make Lucario playable.

Mysteryfox1

Smash Ace
The Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, Aarle Rixtel
It's good to see other Pokémon fans on this board. Especially ones who know what they are talking about.

I know this doesn't mean much, but because Cartoon Network shows the Lucario movie on TV at times, my cousin knows who Lucario is. My Cousin is in no way a Pokémon fan. The only games he plays are shooters on his 360. Yet even he knows who Lucario is. Granted he also knows Mewtwo, Charizard, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Squirtle, Blastoise, Raichu and Mew. But the fact that the only 4th generation Pokémon a non pokémon fan recognizes is Lucario, says something about his popularity. I know Sakurai won't base a character getting in on weather or not my Cousin knows who it is. I was just using that as an example.

Anyway I trust that Sakurai will make the Right decision and make Lucario playable.
that's just a coincidence every one in my class doesn't know who Lucario is I didn't know either first

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
Cartoon Network played the hell out of that movie.. Anyone who watched CN often at night would have gotten some glimpse of it when it was running.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Alot of that does, though, Shuma.

Most people pick their pokemon teams for 2 things:

1) the pokemon must fit their criteria of a good team. Truth.
2) they must like the pokemon. Not always...

I bet you if Lucario looked like the lamest pokemon of all it wouldn't be so high up in the list.
Yep...

Also, check this out:

I actually did not know that part. Cool fax. ^_^

Spiritomb has no weaknesses. It would destroy everyone in Brawl!

:laugh:
:laugh:
Yeah, all the attacks would just go right through him.

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
Just popping in to give props to the Shrine creator and shrine regulars. I have been a big time Lucario fan for a long time. I think it is a good thing that you guys are doing here. Lucario has the greatest shot of being playable in my opinion. No other choice seems logical.

He just seems to fit into this style of game. Biped, fighting type pokemon, easily incorporable move sets, popularity, would rep the 4th gen, and has his own movie. I personally think that Lucario would be a great addition to this game.

He is the only new character I have been hoping for in Brawl.

As my name implies, I am a Capt. Falcon player who hails from the Midwest. I have been busy working and traveling to various smash tourneys in the Midwest, so I rarely get the time to go online and surf the web. My college courses and studies have also been taking their toll on my time.

Keep the faith guys (What am I talking about, this is a shrine for crying out loud :chuckle:). I know Lucario will be playable.

Just wanted to stop by and let you guys know that you are doing Lucario a great honor.

May the aura go with you. ;)

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
Eh, let them. It's just an opinion. If people don't like it, tough. I'm going to believe what I want to believe no matter how much they try to deny it.

Everything is just speculation at this point anyway. Some random poster on the internet isn't going to influence my thoughts either way. Why people come to a Lucario Shrine of all places to argue that he isn't going to be in the game I'll never know.

To each his own I suppose.

Cinder

Smash Master
Eh, let them. It's just an opinion. If people don't like it, tough. I'm going to believe what I want to believe no matter how much they try to deny it.

Everything is just speculation at this point anyway. Some random poster on the internet isn't going to influence my thoughts either way. Why people come to a Lucario Shrine of all places to argue that he isn't going to be in the game I'll never know.

To each his own I suppose.
That's a great philosophy...I'm the same way:grin:...no one is going to convince me that Lucario shouldn't be playable...

Was he deconfirmed as a PB character?
Don't EVER talk that blasphemy...Lucario is NOT deconfirmed...

Chepe

Smash Lord
The more time passes, the more I think Lucario is indeed playable. E For All has given Lucario newbound hope with a price. With Pikachu wearing a green headband along with blue goggles, it might just be that Jigglypuff has been removed from the roster. And if she indeed has, Lucario will easily fit into the lineup of playable Smash Pokemon. I wouldnt like to see Jiggs go, but Mewtwo has a better chance of returning than her no matter what people think...

Cinder

Smash Master
The more time passes, the more I think Lucario is indeed playable. E For All has given Lucario newbound hope with a price. With Pikachu wearing a green headband along with blue goggles, it might just be that Jigglypuff has been removed from the roster. And if she indeed has, Lucario will easily fit into the lineup of playable Smash Pokemon. I wouldnt like to see Jiggs go, but Mewtwo has a better chance of returning than her no matter what people think...
I wouldn't bet on that argument...they can just give Jiggs a new outfit...but it could be true...I'm just playing devil's advocate...as you should already know, I'm a Lucario fanboy:laugh:

Top Bottom