• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Shrine

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Yes, Meowth deconfirmed. Less competition for Lucario.
you sir win!!!

darkrai is jsut stupid either Lucario or Weavile(never gonna happen :()
I agree Darkrai is stupid, but I think Lucario isn't and I believe he now has the highest chance of making it (besides veterans like Mewtwo, Jiggs)

As a POKEBALL though, not a PC. With all the competition out of the way there's no reason for Lucario not to be in Brawl now. Also Darkrai isn't going to happen.
thank god only as a pokeball, darkrai should ONLY appear as a pokeball pokemon

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Meowth being out =/= Lucario being in.

Lucario just plain hasn't earned the right to a slot.

Shuma

Smash Hero
You do know that the top five/ten probable pokemons where made by fans? i'm not saying Lucario whont be in, but saying that his "competition" is now gone is hardly the truth.

Black/Light

Smash Master

First part- true.

2nd part- I personally fully agree.

Shuma You do know that the top five/ten probable pokemons where made by fans? i'm not saying Lucario whont be in, but saying that his "competition" is now gone is hardly the truth.
Thank god some one else seems to know this on this forum. I felt like the one normal person in a painting full of absact art 0_o.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
You do know that the top five/ten probable pokemons where made by fans? i'm not saying Lucario whont be in, but saying that his "competition" is now gone is hardly the truth.
Tru fax

Moar tru fax

Shadowbolt said:
??? Elaborate

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
..I'm sorry but that is a bit false.

Almost every character that's made it in so far, even some in Melee, were based SOLELY on how much the fans respected them.

If Diddy Kong was hated, I mean downright loathed, he wouldn't be in Smash Bros.

Same case for Sonic or Snake, same case for Mewtwo and Ganondord in Melee, and the fan popularity is the only thing driving who can make it and who can't so far. Half of Ridley's argument for being playable is his popularity. The same for Black Knight, as well as Claus.

Fan-made popularity is VERY important for some of the characters. And in a franchise that has soooo many candidates, popularity is that much more important.

I mean, if Deoxys and Gardevoir and Munchlax weren't popular, they wouldn't even be in balls.

And Pokemon Trainer is very popular as Red and Ash despite not being on many lists. It simply wasn't considered probable, and we were proven wrong. It also allowed Sakurai to kill multiple birds with one with admittedly popular monsters like Charizard and Squirtle to be in the game. If the lineup for PT was Charmander, Ivysaur and Blastoise, it wouldn't be as well received as it is with its current lineup. So even PT's monsters were selected with the fans in mind.

The "competition" is very real and true, and even a left-field selection like Pokemon Trainer abided by it.

So any other pokemon that has a chance besides Lucario, is still definitely in the running because of their fandom power.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Point is, that if he was so insanely popular in Japan, he would have been in the poll.

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
Point is, that if he was so insanely popular in Japan, he would have been in the poll.
Oh? But what about Munchlax, who we KNOW is popular? And with so many Pokemon, why were only 2 Pokemon characters on the list?

The same goes for Deoxys.

This Japanese poll people love so much has Crazy Hand as an option for pete's sake, it's obvious that some of these pollers were just spouting nonsense rather than stuff that can really be taken seriously.

I didn't say he was insanely popular, I said he was popular. As he is popular here. Charizard is more popular here than in Japan and he got in finally. Lucario has the same strength.

Even YOU state that realistically, Lucario is one of the few who can make it in right now:

"Well, if i HAD to choose, i would add Nidoking, he was always my favorite pokemon(assuming all pokemons but Pichu return from melee). But if you are forcing me to choose betweem the "top 5 pokemon" yeah i would have to choose Lucario. He's a Dog, and throws hadooken like attacks, good enough for me.

That however, doesn't mean i like him, it just means he's better than other 4th generation pokemon."

*cough*...one's deconfirmed and the other doesn't have a chance in hell...if you're going by the poll, there won't be any more Pokemon, and PT shouldn't have been in...
You are correct sir. :)

Shuma

Smash Hero
True, i sayd he was the better 4th gen rep to get in, IF i HAD to choose. 'Cause i would love to not have more pokemon, but yes, you make a good point about the poll.

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
Well I did only say you were 'a bit' false. You are correct in that the competition doesn't hold THAT much water for candidacy. So many balled favorites is proof of that.

Personally, I would be fine with 3 more pokemon, one from each other generation. My personal picks would be: Heracross, Gardevoir and Lucario. Shame for the Gardevoir, but I can't think of any 3rd gen monster who would be a better pick. Gardevoir's kinda like a pokemon version of Zelda, though, so I can see why she wouldn't make it in that regard. But I think Heracross has some logic, as he'd make a unique moveset and is a popular 2nd gen monster as well. But I guess Scizor would be possible as well.. I prefer Heracross.

Cinder

Smash Master
Oh? But what about Munchlax, who we KNOW is popular? And with so many Pokemon, why were only 2 Pokemon characters on the list?

The same goes for Deoxys.

This Japanese poll people love so much has Crazy Hand as an option for pete's sake, it's obvious that some of these pollers were just spouting nonsense rather than stuff that can really be taken seriously.

I didn't say he was insanely popular, I said he was popular. As he is popular here. Charizard is more popular here than in Japan and he got in finally. Lucario has the same strength.

Even YOU state that realistically, Lucario is one of the few who can make it in right now:

"Well, if i HAD to choose, i would add Nidoking, he was always my favorite pokemon(assuming all pokemons but Pichu return from melee). But if you are forcing me to choose betweem the "top 5 pokemon" yeah i would have to choose Lucario. He's a Dog, and throws hadooken like attacks, good enough for me.

That however, doesn't mean i like him, it just means he's better than other 4th generation pokemon."

You are correct sir. :)
Well, it seems to me that you have won, PyrasTerran...good argument...

True, i sayd he was the better 4th gen rep to get in, IF i HAD to choose. 'Cause i would love to not have more pokemon, but yes, you make a good point about the poll.
So, you're saying that you don't want any more Pokemon in, but you'd admit Lucario has a high chance if there HAD to be more Pokemon, am I right?

Black/Light

Smash Master

Shuma

Smash Hero
So, you're saying that you don't want any more Pokemon in, but you'd admit Lucario has a high chance if there HAD to be more Pokemon, am I right?
Yeah kinda.

Cinder

Smash Master

Black/Light

Smash Master
Just 'cuz I'm picky...where does it say RED? It says ASH, not RED...I know, same difference, I'm just being picky...
It was actually "Pokemon protagonist" (according to other sites I saw with this list). This person simply translated it as Ash.

Joka

Smash Journeyman
I say Lucario has a 95.9% chance of being in. Just because of that whole controversy over him being legendary. That's how he became famous in the first place.

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
And can someone show proof Lucario is popular in Japan at all or are we just saying things that come out of our arses?
What, besides the fact that he has lots more merchandise than Gardevoir and Steven Stone combined, that he is the highest ranking level in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and one of the first revealed of 4th gen(of which usually are very popular, just look at Marill from 2nd gen), the hype he got for possibly being legendary, and the way Nintendo pampers him so much in the games?

I believe it is YOU who must give US proof that he isn't popular.

Just 'cuz I'm picky...where does it say RED? It says ASH, not RED...I know, same difference, I'm just being picky...
Hey, if he gets to be picky, then so do we, Cinder. :p

Rex+

Smash Ace
I say Lucario has a 95.9% chance of being in. Just because of that whole controversy over him being legendary. That's how he became famous in the first place.
Only the Pokemon community really took note of that. Outside of that, people were all like, "What's Lucario?"
He has a chance, just not that big of a chance.

Black/Light

Smash Master
What, besides the fact that he has lots more merchandise than Gardevoir and Steven Stone combined,
He got merch because he co-starred in a movie and was one of the first known 4th geners. Now that DP is out he doesn't get much special treatment.(if any)

that he is the highest ranking level in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
. . . That doesn't prove he is popular. That game wasn't even made by GF and ALL 4th gen pokemon known at that time had a appearance in it in some way to show off DP.
and one of the first revealed of 4th gen
And? Doesn't mean the thing is "popular" in Japan, just means it was known about early on.

the hype he got for possibly being legendary,
Hype been died down once he was confirmed Avrg
and the way Nintendo pampers him so much in the games?
What are you talking about?

I believe it is YOU who must give US proof that he isn't popular.
Ummm, naaah. When you claim something it is up to you to prove it. If you can't prove your side of the debate than your point is useless.

http://imageigloo.com/images/5247overruled.jpg

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
He got merch because he co-starred in a movie and was one of the first known 4th geners. Now that DP is out he doesn't get much special treatment.
Hehehehe..

You'll see at the end of this.

And? Doesn't mean the thing is "popular" in Japan, just means it was known about early on.
Oh how nice of you to ignore my example.

Hype been died down once he was confirmed Avrg
Hype nonetheless, dude.

What are you talking about?
Just because Gamefreak didn't develop Mystery Dungeon doesn't mean that he still wasn't given nice treatment in that game.

ALSO the fact that there's only one of him per game in Diamond/Pearl.

ALSO the fact that he is one of the costumes you can get in Battle Revolution.

Do I REALLY need to go on??

Ummm, naaah. When you claim something it is up to you to prove it. If you can't prove your side of the debate than your point is useless.
You better take some of yuor own medicine.

Raphtmar was kind enough to prove just how popular Lucario is:

http://www.pokemon-gts.net/ <- Click on 'Look at the Ranking Data'.

Lucario is the 14th most wanted Pokemon of all 450 monsters.

The list is as follows:

1) Palkia
2) Dialga
3) Spiritomb
4) Turtwig
5) Milotic
6) Piplup
7) Chimchar
8) Munchlax
9) Feebas
10) Eevee
11) Garchomp
12) Mewtwo
13) Octillery
14) Lucario

Now let's break down these most wanted Pokemon to those that are compatible for Smash Bros. playability

4) Turtwig
6) Piplup
7) Chimchar
8) Munchlax
10) Eevee
11) Garchomp
12) Mewtwo
14) Lucario

And even further when you take out characters who will likely be in it and characters who have been balled:

4) Turtwig
7) Chimchar
10) Eevee
11) Garchomp
14) Lucario

You wanted proof that Lucario was popular outside of the states? There is your proof right there, #14 most wanted pokemon from pokemon players out of the possible 450 others in the world.

I believe your claim has been..

http://imageigloo.com/images/5247overruled.jpg

It is now YOUR turn to prove to me that Lucario is NOT popular outside the States.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
4) Turtwig
7) Chimchar
10) Eevee
11) Garchomp
14) Lucario

To cut it down further Turtwig and Chimchar have been deconfirmed as pokeballs so that leaves:

10) Eevee
11) Garchomp
14) Lucario

Now since Eevee has been around since for ever and hasn't even been a pokeball in either 64 or Melee, we can safety say that chances of it being playable are slim to none
So we have:

11) Garchomp
14) Lucario

I have a feeling that the pokemon with the Movie(Lucario) will make it over a the random pokemon that has no real priority(Garchomp)

Black/Light

Smash Master
Oh how nice of you to ignore my example.
"Marill was populare there for all first seen pokemon are populareZ to!!!" Sorry, that fails.

Hype nonetheless, dude.
Hype that died a loooong time ago.

Just because Gamefreak didn't develop Mystery Dungeon doesn't mean that he still wasn't given nice treatment in that game.
Humm, did I say that? I said he, like ALL 4th gen pokemon out at that time, was given a appearance in that game so whats soo special about said game?

ALSO the fact that there's only one of him per game in Diamond/Pearl.
. . .And theres only one Snorlax in RB. Theres a crap load of "one of" pokemon in the games and this isn't any different.
ALSO the fact that he is one of the costumes you can get in Battle Revolution.
There are like 7-13 pokemon costumes in that game. . .

Do I REALLY need to go on??
. . . Yea, you haven't "proven" much.
http://www.pokemon-gts.net/ <- Click on 'Look at the Ranking Data'.
Umm, thats probly not the best thing to look at. Simply because a rare pokemon can be highly wanted on such a network (cause people want to "catch them all") and not actually "popular".

But w/e.

Lucario is the 14th most wanted Pokemon of all 450 monsters.
Thats funny, not even in the "top ten". And is this Japan of just a "in general" thing?
1) Palkia
2) Dialga
3) Spiritomb
4) Turtwig
5) Milotic
6) Piplup
7) Chimchar
8) Munchlax
9) Feebas
10) Eevee
OMGZ OMGZ, Milotic and Eevee for brawl!:bluejump::kirby:

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
@PyrasTerran: YOU...WIN...
Again it seems...

No one likes a sore loser, Black/Light. ;) But if you wanna keep digging a deeper ditch for yourself, I guess I can't stop you. Do yourself a favor and put me on your ignore list, 'cause I'm unstoppable now it seems.

Top Bottom