• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Shrine

Rex+

Smash Ace
Well, if i HAD to choose, i would add Nidoking, he was always my favorite pokemon.
I shouted "Bowser Clone!" at my screen when I read this. :D
Nothing against you, but Nidoking is cooler than most Pok'emon these days. Just don't make him similar to Bowser, s'all.

kaid

Smash Master
Less so than some characters, namely Krystal.

Let's see...

Fsmash- Lucario takes a fighting stance, does a fancy spinning thing with his arms, and when the smash is releaced, he smashes foreward with both paws and a flash of energy.
Dsmash- See pic in OP
Usmash- One paw raised, Lucario fathers power about it, then slams it into the ground, making a shockwave of energy around him.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
I was thinking that his smashes would be based on his Aura Sphere
Fsmash- Lucario shoots out a standard Aura Sphere
Dsmash- Shoot two Aura Spheres down at both sides of his body (like the movie)
Usmash- Shoots an Aura Sphere straight in the air.

Plus Lucario in action:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=g-W7BDBB0uU

kaid

Smash Master
That is certiantly the "sonic approch."

I was thinking to make the smash attacks flashier, like the kind of things that would be specials in other fighing games. (I've been watching a bit of Mugen, recently)

By playing off Lucario's similarities to Ryu, we can have a fighting-type moveset not seen in smash before.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
I also think Lucario deserves a spot in Brawl. He's a natural fighter, along with Infernape, Blaziken, and Gallade. I think any one of them has the potential to be a playable character.
That argument is flawed because all pokemon can fight...except Wobbuffet.

Well, if i HAD to choose, i would add Nidoking, he was always my favorite pokemon
Nikoking is awesome. ^_^

How is Lucario NECESSARY to the franchise?
Win.
10/10

Chepe

Smash Lord
Thats it, its official. Lucario is really the only choice Pokemon left that is feasible. Deoxys, Munchlax, Gardevoir, and now Meowth... I really dont think Darkrai has real chances...

Fawriel

Smash Master
I was going to say this in the Meowth thread, but wanton *******ery prevented me.

My condolences to any Meowth fan who is being mature about it.

I wonder what this means for Lucario.
Sakurai is either systematically rooting out all the most likely choices in order to follow up with whoever he came up with, or... he's, one by one, shooting down every likely Pokemon character until he reveals the one at the top, Lucario.

Shuma

Smash Hero
"Now this one is even more Popular, Lucario is a pokeball pokemon that just runs around like Mew and Celebi, he doesn't do anything, but you can take a picture of him"

-Sakurai

Fawriel

Smash Master
Darkurai.
...Lopunny.
Yarrrrrrr.

I'm starting to believe the theory that Sakurai might as well mindgame us all, but there really are few Pokemon with enough noticeable popularity and/or importance to be considered.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Hitmonlee? Hitmonchan? Gengar? Nidoking? Raichu? seriously... i had the funny idea Sakurai could choose from around 500 pokemons.

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
Isn't Darkrai a bit big, and, floaty, though? I actually see him or some other large Pokemon god as one of the bosses.

Does anyone think Plusle and Minum still stand a chance?

Chepe

Smash Lord
Hitmonlee? Hitmonchan? Gengar? Nidoking? Raichu? seriously... i had the funny idea Sakurai could choose from around 500 pokemons.
Sakurai does not choose random pogeys for Smash as playable. Especially after the requested Gardevoir and Deoxys were shot down. Pokemon in Smash seem to be popular and have a distinct persona to draw upon from the anime (All of Melee's playable Pokes were like this). Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon are an exception of course.

Meowth did have a chance because of this, and I think Gardevoir did too, but not Deoxys or Munchlax...

Shuma

Smash Hero

My point is that just because you say so, Sakurai isn't forced to add Lucario, i mean... from the 4th gen is the only pokemon i don't dislike...

Chepe

Smash Lord
Like I said, Sakurai doesnt add random Pokemon. You can even say that the Pokemon from Melee are all individuals you know... Pikachu as Ash's, Jigglypuff as the old anime regular, Mewtwo as the most powerful Pokemon, and Pichu as one of a pair...

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
Huh, I could have sworn Darkrai was bigger.. maybe he just seems so.

But weight has nothing to do with it. He's a floaty, almost ghosty pokemon, afterall.

Chepe

Smash Lord
People say Darkrai, but I cannot see why... Darkrai seems as devoid of personality as Deoxys... Im not sure how popular it is though...

Other than that questionable one, no one else can battle Lucario for a spot...

Shuma

Smash Hero
Other big names? well there are many more popular than Lucario, but that look like Playable Material? hmmm maybe none.

Of course there's Blastoise, Dragonite(Who has appeared in many many games), hmmm i dunno.

And Chepe... he also added Pichu. But who knows, he might mindgame us.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Not unless you really, really scrape the bottom of the barrel. :laugh:
All I can remember from that Pokemon movie I watched back when I was a child was a Pokemon with boxing gloves that would pwn...

but I highly doubt he holds a candle to Lucario as boxing glove Pokemon (god what is his name....) seems to be less important to the series.

Like I said, I can't debate this, nor will I try too...

but boxing glove Pokemon is made of win. :psycho:

Chepe

Smash Lord
Pichu = easy clone from a new gen. No other reason why he would make it.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Psyduck ( pure awesome in a duck-billed cup ), Lopunny ( popular with its pre-evolution a central figure in the anime ), Darkrai ( popular with movie ), Gallade ( sexist male version of Gardevoir, who should have made it ), Pachirisu ( very popular but unfortunately another electric rodent ), Blaziken ( ahahahahahahaha ), Gengar ( somewhat popular with a big role in Mystery Dungeon ), Arceus ( frikkin god )...

Chepe

Smash Lord
All I can remember from that Pokemon movie I watched back when I was a child was a Pokemon with boxing gloves that would pwn...

but I highly doubt he holds a candle to Lucario as boxing glove Pokemon (god what is his name....) seems to be less important to the series.

Like I said, I can't debate this, nor will I try too...

but boxing glove Pokemon is made of win. :psycho:
Hitmonchan. But he is as random as adding a Kangaskhan...

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
People say Darkrai, but I cannot see why... Darkrai seems as devoid of personality as Deoxys... Im not sure how popular it is though...

Other than that questionable one, no one else can battle Lucario for a spot...
I do find it odd however that Darkrai sounds very similar to Sakurai...

As a matter of fact, I could totally see Sakurai putting Darkrai in because of name similarities....

The man did add Doctor Mario because he liked the theme song. :laugh:

Chepe

Smash Lord
Nah, dont. If you dont play anymore then forget their names like a normal person lol...

For some of the other suggestions... Psyduck is a no no after Munchlax and Meowth (I think the small cute Pokemon are no longer candidates), Lopunny would not outpace Gardevoir who was actually requested, and only Darkrai on that list is mentionable after that...

I still feel like Im missing something about Darkrai. I mean Deoxys got a movie and was requested yet Sakurai stuck him away, even noting him as a popular one... Darkrai seems in the same boat from what I can see.

Top Bottom