• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Shrine

Cinder

Smash Master
Ok, PT is one character, but in terms of disc space he is 3, 3 movesets, taunts, victory poses, ect... I am not against lucaio, but I hate peeps who think PT is ONE character, he is at least(in terms of Data) 2 1/2-3
In terms of data, yes, but in terms of character slots, PT's one slot...whose to say there isn't enough disc space to put PT (with all three of his Pokes), Pika, M2, Jiggs, and Lucario? You know Pichu ain't comin' back, so why not replace it with Lucario?

Black/Light

Smash Master
And? This is a Wii, not a Gamecube.

How long have you guys been updating this topic? Srsly...
*sigh*

It doesn't matter if this is the Wii and not GC. It still takes up a heck of alot of time and affort to make fully playable characters. . . and this "one slot" is 3 full characters in one. "But time isn't a facture like in Melee" wrong, time is always a facture. Not as tight as Melee but still a facture.
You would be lucky to find a dev that out-right says that they put everything they wanted into the game they made. Hell, TP was in devilopment for like 4 years yet Eiji couldn't put as much as he wanted into it and had to cut the content.

Plus, I really don't see there being more playable pokemon than Mario characters in any shape or form on a personal note. In fact, I think that we would be lucky to get one more new pokemon at all but needless to say that this is all just my opinion.
(Also needless to say that if we get no more new pokemon at all and Pichu still leaves people are going to say this to the pokemon fans who complain about there being only 4 pokemon 'slot'. . ."How many pokemon do you want in this game? You can play as 6 different ones...")

Funny, this had nothing to do with Lucario but Kaid brang it up either because that AC thing blew up in his face or he just wants some kind of unrelated BS going on here. . .

Cinder

Smash Master
Exactly! It's your OPINION...you're entitled to your opinion, and we're entitled to ours...we want Lucario (well...most of us *turns to Megadio*...), and you don't...how about we respect each other's opinion instead of trying to prove ourselves right, cuz that makes things a hell of a lot easier...
End of discussion

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Decided to pop in on this thread, Lucario for Brawl ^_^ Side note I'm currently breeding Riolu's (My goodness females are so rare ;_; I haven't gotten 1 yet) for a Mixcario and a Reversalcario.

-Knight

Cinder

Smash Master
Decided to pop in on this thread, Lucario for Brawl ^_^ Side note I'm currently breeding Riolu's (My goodness females are so rare ;_; I haven't gotten 1 yet) for a Mixcario and a Reversalcario.

-Knight
That sounds like a good idea...my dad's shooting for a special sweeper...getting a Modest is a nightmare -__-...and yeah, you have a one in eight chance for a female...good luck:p

Black/Light

Smash Master
Exactly! It's your OPINION...you're entitled to your opinion, and we're entitled to ours...we want Lucario (well...most of us *turns to Megadio*...), and you don't...how about we respect each other's opinion instead of trying to prove ourselves right, cuz that makes things a hell of a lot easier...
End of discussion

. . . .The funny thing is that NO ONE was talking about Lucario, just Red.:ohwell:

You should blame your topic creator for changing the focus...
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=78162&page=93

Fawriel

Smash Master
If the designer of a multiplayer game decides to give it an extensive single-player mode with completely new models for enemies including motions and attacks and physics, not to forget the giant, detailed landscapes and to insert a mere item that summons a character with movement, moves and a detailed model... I'd guess that he found a way to minimize the effort spent on those things.

The one thing that probably takes a lot of time now is balancing. With so much content added, it has to be expected that actually creating models and giving them movements has got to be a breeze for the team compared to the past.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
When is the thread going to actually be updated? "*update in progress*" has been there for ages... >_>

Ice man

Smash Journeyman
I think Lucario could have a moveset similar to fighter kirby in the amazing mirror. think about it
B: shadow ball, B<> spin kick, B:^uppercut. It sounded better in my head than in writing.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
I cant believe that will the huge sales of Diamond and Pearl that they would put Lucario in to rep it. Lucario is made for Smash.

Mr. Who

Smash Cadet
I think I've replied to this. But what the hell. He's perfect for Brawl. Heck, I think he was on Sakusai's poll.

Though I'd think this moveset would be better:

B:
Aura Sphere: Just as you desribe

Up B:
Sky Uppercut: Knocks enemy and gets you back on stage

Down B:
Circular Low kick: Kicks a enemies in a circular motion

Side B: (So many possibilities I'm not going to bother.)

Mr. Who signing out.

MegatronPwnsYou

Smash Lord
I think I've replied to this. But what the hell. He's perfect for Brawl. Heck, I think he was on Sakusai's poll.

Though I'd think this moveset would be better:

B:
Aura Sphere: Just as you desribe

Up B:
Sky Uppercut: Knocks enemy and gets you back on stage

Down B:
Circular Low kick: Kicks a enemies in a circular motion

Side B: (So many possibilities I'm not going to bother.)

Mr. Who signing out.
I doubt if he's a PC his down B is going to be just a kick.. sounds better as a Down A

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
I doubt if he's a PC his down B is going to be just a kick.. sounds better as a Down A
agreed. vB would be cooler if it was something like dark pulse. a DK-esque AoE that sent a little murky ripple to either side of him. short range. either that or give him something like counter, detect, foresight or some other dinky little move you could play with to make interesting....

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
My idea:
B = Aura Sphere
B< = Close Combat/Bone Rush(a combo move like Marth's Dancing Blade) or Force Palm(paralyzing strike)
B^ = Extreme Speed(Upgraded version of Pikachu's quick attack, slower to use, but does more damage and has longer range)
B\/ = Counter(Similar to Marth's Counter) or Focus Energy(Extra damage on next hit) or Low Kick(Similar to Captain Falcon's B\/, but less range

kaid

Smash Master
Woe unto this day. Under darkened skys, the valiant pokemon warriors are falling like scythed wheat to the blade of decomfirmation. Deoxys died in the first wave, warning us of what to come. Munchlax, always cheerful, fell soon after. Our dark foes found allies from within our ranks, warping Charizard and Squirtle to their twisted desires. Now, in one day, Gardevor, our soul, has been taken from us, even as Blaziken, injured by the defection of Charizard, lost heart as his own son, Torchic, went under the sacrificial knife.
Only a few remain- The comedic Meowth and the Poregon Z are unlikely heros, which this time of crisis so desperately needs. But one other pokemon still stands against the darkness, still willing to fight to the end! The Aura Pokemon, the Wave Guiding Hero, The Greatest Rescuer and Champion of Mew, will finish this fight! He will defeat this darkness approching, and he will bring back the Light! Hail Lucario, the last, greatest warrior for Pokekind!

Fawriel

Smash Master
Cute text. Also.
Psyduck. Heh.

Nah, I had my share of unlikely hopes for now.
I might decide to actually post that moveset for Lukey-boy after all to try to like him.

kaid

Smash Master
well, It'll be easier now that Sonic has shown Sakurai has no fear of spamming a single attack for half the character's moves. *Cough*spindash*cough*

And thanks. It took me almost 10 minutes to write.

I think we're all forgetting about the most likely canidate for a pc... MIME JR!!! Yeah exactly like totally... >_>;

Ok fine i give up! lucario's gonna be in and i lost all those stupid arguments... Sigh... My least favorite pokemon is gonna be a pc in this game... how depressing. I just hope mime jr. somehow gets in to make up for it.

kaid

Smash Master
Sigh... My least favorite pokemon is gonna be a pc in this game... how depressing. I just hope mime jr. somehow gets in to make up for it.
Now, don't give up hope yet, I'd be the first to admit that Lucario is not guarenteed, although the odds do look to be favoring him. But, as Blackight has pointed out, there's always the chance that they DON'T add any more characters.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
If Lucario was a pokeball in the demo, someone would have said it already. I think Lucarios chances are sky high right now.

Top Bottom