• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Shrine

kaid

Smash Master
Translated:

FAMITSU: Have you been approached to contribute Animal Forest elements for the new Smash Bros. game?

KATSUYA EGUCHI: Yes, and there is quite a funny story to it. A few months after E3 2006, (Masahiro Sakurai) contacted me and asked if I'd like to develop possible Animal Forest ideas for Smash Bros. Originally, we settled on just a quick, simple Animal Forest item, but with the success of Wild World and the Animal Forest film, he asked if I'd be up for designing additional elements. [Laughs] Fast forward a few months and I had stage and character concepts created. Sakurai chose his favorite of the stage concepts, slightly tweaked it to his liking, and we together decided on the final Animal Forest character, which is a very fun character to play. With both the stage and character I utilized ideas from the games. For example, if you play the stage at night, the sky will be dark. If you play in the winter, expect to see snow, and leaves in the autumn time. And yes, trees will be decorated on Christmas! It's really something else. I worked very hard on this one little stage! [Laughs] The Animal Crossing character is very much like the one in the games. You know, he will use his axe, fishing rod, bug catching net, and everything else from the games.
Posted because it gives a look into how Sakurai decides on characters.

How do you think this article affects the chances of 4 gen pokemon in general (given it's popularity) and Lucario in particular?

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace

How do you think this article affects the chances of 4 gen pokemon in general (given it's popularity) and Lucario in particular?
...positively...?

im pretty certain there'll be a 4th gen rep as a PC in brawl......but if he takes mewtwo's spot, ill look like this guy: :mad:

Black/Light

Smash Master

Actually, this is a rumor that hasn't been proven fact yet.:ohwell:

The pictures shown to "prove this as fact" came from some other mag (N dreams or something) and said nothing about brawl in them.

And what, do we expect GameFreak to sit down and hand pick Lucario now?:confused:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hmm...Lucario WAS popular...But with the new movie, is he still?

kaid

Smash Master
That's because you didn't say anything I didn't already say myself- Each appearence by itself is inconsequential. It's the broad base they give him that's important.

But it remains true that for just about any catigory a 4th gen could fit in, he consistently comes out near the top. You can win a Grand Prix by getting 2nd in every race.

Black/Light

Smash Master
That's because you didn't say anything I didn't already say myself- Each appearence by itself is inconsequential. It's the broad base they give him that's important.

But it remains true that for just about any catigory a 4th gen could fit in, he consistently comes out near the top. You can win a Grand Prix by getting 2nd in every race.
. . . So he was with every other 4th gen pokemon known at the time in MD (not made by gf), on a booster pack like 8+ other 4th gen pokemon and appeared in DP like all 4th gen pokemon. . . and had one anime appearance 2 years ago.

He seems to just be arvg in his "winnings", nothing big or great...not even "2nd".

kaid

Smash Master
If that's how you feel, then answer the REST of the question. If true, how does that article affect the chances of ANY 4th gen pokemon?

Black/Light

Smash Master
If that's how you feel, then answer the REST of the question. If true, how does that article affect the chances of ANY 4th gen pokemon?
???Que??

What do you mean? JUST 4th gen pokemon or the series as a whole? And why JUST the 4th gen if thats your point? (We no good and well that they can put in any gens pokemon. . . )

Black/Light

Smash Master
yes, 4th gen. The key phrase being "A few months after E3 '06, I was approched by Sakurai"
. . . Why does that auto mean "4th gen"?

I think any 4th gen pokemon "chances" are pretty slim. . . and I think that artical is fake.

kaid

Smash Master
Actually, this is a rumor that hasn't been proven fact yet.:ohwell:

The pictures shown to "prove this as fact" came from some other mag (N dreams or something) and said nothing about brawl in them.

And what, do we expect GameFreak to sit down and hand pick Lucario now?:confused:
What thoughts?

Black/Light

Smash Master
What thoughts?
(Refers to the artical. . .)

"Actually, this is a rumor that hasn't been proven fact yet.

The pictures shown to "prove this as fact" came from some other mag (N dreams or something) and said nothing about brawl in them."

"Btw people, we've know who Lucario is since atleast 2005.

So Lucario "Being to new to include" is a load of rubbish I'm afraid."
Well I never said he was "too new" if your refering to me. I just don't see the likely hood of any 4th gen pokemon being high. . .

kaid

Smash Master
You consider a "might as well be" statement as proof that something IS something, when it actually means it has everything needed, but ISN'T considered one.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Man, Hmm my final thoughts on this lucario stuff, if he is in he will replace mewtwo, if mewtwo is playible Lucario will be pokeballed. and i stand strong on that.

That big quote thing has already been proved as a fake translation...

Black/Light

Smash Master
You consider a "might as well be" statement as proof that something IS something, when it actually means it has everything needed, but ISN'T considered one.
. . .What?

I showed you a quote where he refers to Char NOT as a "weapon to fight with like a bomb", NOT as a attack but as a character along with MK and Pitt in the glide update.

"Characters like Pit, Meta Knight and the Pokémon Trainer’s Charizard are envied at first glance for their wings."

And I would like to know why you feel that the "slots" are the only thing that matters and that Pokemon "has" to have w/e amount of slots on the screen. It was never a rule that there has to be 5+ pokemon "slots" on the screen.

At the end of the day, when Brawl comes out, IF there is only 4-5 "slots" for Pokemon on the screen (Pika, Puff/ Mewtwo and Red with maybe one other if wer lucky) than you know exactly what everyone will say as a reason why..."you actually have 6-7 playable pokemon in the game so IDK why your complaining".

Oh, and if you STIIIIILLLLLLLLL want to keep this talk up than I will ask you for the 3rd time to take this talk to the Trainer Red thread. Kirby will do a drive by on you if you keep this topic going on a non-Red thread http://youtube.com/watch?v=wXzg0D-cKds

Cinder

Smash Master
PT only counts as one slot. Unless of course you can point out to me where Charizard, Squirtle and Ivysaur appear in the Newcomers box.

So 5 Pokemon reps isn't actually that much.
Yeah, I agree, but you might wanna watch your back...you know how Lucario haters are..."ZOMG, PT counts as three Pokemonz, so Lucario can't be in, I win!" Be ready for them to do that...but you ARE correct...PT is one character slot...so we're up to four (PT, Pika, M2, Jiggs)...Pichu's as good as gone, so why not add Lucario?

Wrath`

Smash Master
Yeah, I agree, but you might wanna watch your back...you know how Lucario haters are..."ZOMG, PT counts as three Pokemonz, so Lucario can't be in, I win!" Be ready for them to do that...but you ARE correct...PT is one character slot...so we're up to four (PT, Pika, M2, Jiggs)...Pichu's as good as gone, so why not add Lucario?
Ok, PT is one character, but in terms of disc space he is 3, 3 movesets, taunts, victory poses, ect... I am not against lucaio, but I hate peeps who think PT is ONE character, he is at least(in terms of Data) 2 1/2-3

Top Bottom