• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Shrine

Whisk

Smash Apprentice
At least now with Piplup's appearence as a Pokeball in Brawl, Lucario's chances are good. And possibly with the delay they will have some time to put more characters in the game?

kaid

Smash Master
New moveset, this one a blatant Street Fighter Rip:

^B: Sky Uppercut (dragon punch)
>B: Iron tail (Helocopter kick)
B: (?)
vB: Aura Sphere (Hadoken) (diagonal down while in air)

Cinder

Smash Master
New moveset, this one a blatant Street Fighter Rip:

^B: Sky Uppercut (dragon punch)
>B: Iron tail (Helocopter kick)
B: (?)
vB: Aura Sphere (Hadoken) (diagonal down while in air)
Not bad, but here's another one to consider (not an SF rip that I know of):

^B: Sky Uppercut (gonna stick with it)
>B: Bullet/Mach Punch (quick side dash...similar to Fox's, but hey, it's one move...)
vB: Dark Pulse (small wave of dark energy radiates from Lucario)
B: Aura Sphere (something tells me this is the best place to put it...and unlike Shadow Ball, AS would follow the closest opponent, but be weaker than SB)

Final Smash ideas:
FS 1: Close Combat (works like Link's...attacks the nearest opponent)
FS 2: Psychic (picks up, shocks, and throws all opponents in a certain range)
FS 3: Dragon Pulse (sends a huge wave of dragon energy across the field...could be like a stage-wide version of Bowser's flame breath)

Its' in the background growling and doing nothing important... They should have at least let him be a pokeball...

Umm Here's a random moveset for a character i despise:

B: Aura Sphere (what do you think?)
B>: Extreme Speed (Like Fox's but much more distance and less knockback)
B^: Sky Uppercut (blue dog thing punches upward, if you get hit by the tip of his paw you get alot of damage)
Bv: Force Palm (ugly dog thing pounds the ground and waves blow out from it throwing anyone away)

Final Smash: Detect:
Blue Jackal monkey thing closes his eyes and then the stage inverts to the 'aura' perspective. While in this mode the blue dog is much faster and his attacks deal much more damage and knockback.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Not bad, but here's another one to consider (not an SF rip that I know of):

^B: Sky Uppercut (gonna stick with it)
>B: Bullet/Mach Punch (quick side dash...similar to Fox's, but hey, it's one move...)
vB: Dark Pulse (small wave of dark energy radiates from Lucario)
B: Aura Sphere (something tells me this is the best place to put it...and unlike Shadow Ball, AS would follow the closest opponent, but be weaker than SB)

Nice...

Final Smash ideas:
FS 1: Close Combat (works like Link's...attacks the nearest opponent) Standard CC is standard. Bleh.
FS 2: Psychic (picks up, shocks, and throws all opponents in a certain range) This belongs to M2
FS 3: Dragon Pulse (sends a huge wave of dragon energy across the field...could be like a stage-wide version of Bowser's flame breath) Cool.
Nothing to see here...

Cinder

Smash Master
@Mystickenji: thanks for the critique...I completely forgot about M2 when thinking of FS's...

@Megadio26: *applause*...that's the first step to admitting a character has a chance, even though you hate them...I'm not by any stretch trying to make you one of us (like that would work :rolleyes:)...but still, I like the moveset...

kaid

Smash Master
Hmm. Your version of the final smash is interesting, Megido.

How about, instead of Lucario speeding up, it makes all the other characters lag 1 frame out of 4, slowing them by a small but noticable amount. (and throwing off everyone else's timing) Also, his damage and knockback go up.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Megadio's FS is...interesting...

Special Sweeping Lucario
B: Aura Sphere (Like you didn't see this coming?
>B: Flash Cannon (KA-ME-HA-ME-HA!!!!)
^B: Vacuum Wave (Maybe?)
VB: [Dragon/Dark/Water] Pulse (3-in-1 move)
FS: Focus Blast (aka GIANT ENERGY BALL OF OWNAGE)

Physi-Sweeping Lucario
B: Metal Claw (Think a chargeable Koopa Claw)
>B: Force Palm (Lika a dash attack, only useable)
^B: Extremespeed (see: Fox Illusion)
VB: Feint (Breaks shields)
FS: Swords Dance+Close Combat (Win.)

Comments?

Joka

Smash Journeyman
Maybe his FS will be Close Combat, but it will make him more vulnerable to attacks and easier to bring heavy damage.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I think his Final Smash is Aura Sphere barrage

He shoots out a ton of Aura Spheres that follow the other characters. The sphere's can't go through walls.
Funny, that's the idea I got since last time I checked this thread. Hehe.
Actually, my idea is a little different.

When Lucario gains the Final Smash power, it unlocks his ability to use Aura Spheres. His neutral b or forward b will be replaced by this move, which follows the closest character till the very end and can only be blocked. But since Lucario still has all the options he had previously, this just means he has infinite possibilities for approaching his enemies. The Aura Spheres themselves are only of medium power and knockback, but being a practically inevitable FS makes it much worth it.
This Aura Sphere mode either lasts for a certain time or gives him a certain amount of Aura Spheres until it expires.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I think his Final Smash should be Focus Blast. Its his strongest attack in the game so...
Aura Sphere is pratically his trademark move. What other pokemon get's Aura Sphere STAB? Focus Blast may be his move poweful move (70 acc is crappy not to mention the pp of 5-8 max) but I think they should stay with his trademark.

-Knight

This stupid blue dog thing would probably fall very fast cause its a steel type... I bet his down b would be protect or something so then he can wave shine

Zarckoh

Smash Apprentice
I think that his final smash should be close combat. He would run to the opponent and attack him, hurting him with much percentage but at the cost of also damashing himself.

BTW, I fully support Lucario for Brawl.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
but I think they should stay with his trademark.

-Knight
For his Final Smash though? Wouldn't it make more sense to have his trademark move as a Special attack or Smash; something that u would use often. Rather than a Final Smash that u would barley ever use.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
For his Final Smash though? Wouldn't it make more sense to have his trademark move as a Special attack or Smash; something that u would use often. Rather than a Final Smash that u would barley ever use.
It could be similar varation like Diddy has. Lucario could run to the center of the stage, unleash he aura, everyone who is touched by his aura are attacked by a barrage of aurasphere's that surround the stage.

-Knight

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Lucario could run to the center of the stage, unleash he aura, everyone who is touched by his aura are attacked by a barrage of aurasphere's that surround the stage.

-Knight
Of course u could do that but i just thought it would be more interesting to use a different attack that already exists, rather than make one up. It doesn't really matter tho.

Cinder

Smash Master
Of course u could do that but i just thought it would be more interesting to use a different attack that already exists, rather than make one up. It doesn't really matter tho.
Let me throw this out...for Lucario's neut-B, it could fire an Aura Sphere...but for its FS, it could fire a rapid barrage of them, like, two per second, where the neut-B would be one every two seconds...hm?

kaid

Smash Master
Well, Lucario's probably already going to have Aura-enhanced A moves, similar to Gannondorf's dark fire or half of Sonic's moves being spindash (including at least 2 a moves and a grab).

Like Sonic, I suspect Lucario would have something ELSE he's known for as a Final smash. Which is why Megiddo's idea was so interesting, because it's based on the Movie lucario.

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
Well, Lucario's probably already going to have Aura-enhanced A moves, similar to Gannondorf's dark fire or half of Sonic's moves being spindash (including at least 2 a moves and a grab).

Like Sonic, I suspect Lucario would have something ELSE he's known for as a Final smash. Which is why Megiddo's idea was so interesting, because it's based on the Movie lucario.
You say that as if he's already in.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Wow, people aren't doubting Lucario anymore! Well, the haters have appeared to have disappeared anyway. :)

Lucario for Brawl!
Actually, it seems more like no ones is really focused on him at the moment seeing as we have NEW INGAME vids of Sonic/ MK/ Pitt Etc with more news than we know what to do with. Plus a crap load of characters have been deconformed or given new hope.

smashbot226

Smash Master
I have a problem with the b moveset.

B: Aura Sphere- Nasically like Mewtwo's Shadow Ball.

B^: Sky Uppercut- An uppercut that sends Lucario flying into the sky.

BV: Dark Pulse- Like Mewtwo's Disable, except it does some damage, albeit small.

B>: Force Palm- A chargeable dash attack that does big damage.

FS: Extremespeed- Lucario runs around the stage as a blur, running through and into opponents at great speeds.

kaid

Smash Master
Page 4 in only 1 day? wow, this place is active.

Well, we're almost to 100 pages... let's see more "full" movesets, with tilts and grabs and stuff.

Cinder

Smash Master
I have a problem with the b moveset.

B: Aura Sphere- Nasically like Mewtwo's Shadow Ball.

B^: Sky Uppercut- An uppercut that sends Lucario flying into the sky.

BV: Dark Pulse- Like Mewtwo's Disable, except it does some damage, albeit small.

B>: Force Palm- A chargeable dash attack that does big damage.

FS: Extremespeed- Lucario runs around the stage as a blur, running through and into opponents at great speeds.
Except AS would follow opponents, unlike Shadow Ball

Page 4 in only 1 day? wow, this place is active.

Well, we're almost to 100 pages... let's see more "full" movesets, with tilts and grabs and stuff.
Gaah! I can't think of anything right now *massages temples*...

Btw...Kaid...what would say if I proposed a Lucario group...you know, like the SSS (Sonic...thing)? If there isn't already one, we oughta make one;)

Shuma

Smash Hero
What's with everyone suddenly making clubs? Well, R.I.D.L.E.Y. was the first bwahahaha.

Rex+

Smash Ace
I also think Lucario deserves a spot in Brawl. He's a natural fighter, along with Infernape, Blaziken, and Gallade. I think any one of them has the potential to be a playable character.

Shuma

Smash Hero
I think we should add Tyranitar to brawl, 'cause he's a dinno/dragon thing and he would "fit".

Translation:

"aren't like 80% of the pokemons... "natural fighthers" ?"

Cinder

Smash Master
I also think Lucario deserves a spot in Brawl. He's a natural fighter, along with Infernape, Blaziken, and Gallade. I think any one of them has the potential to be a playable character.
Lucario>Gallade>Blaziken>Infernape...just in my opinion...

I think we should add Tyranitar to brawl, 'cause he's a dinno/dragon thing and he would "fit".

Translation:

"aren't like 80% of the pokemons... "natural fighthers" ?"
Aight, bigshot...if so many Pokemon are natural fighters, tell us what Pokemon you'd like to see (if you had to choose)

Shuma

Smash Hero
Well, if i HAD to choose, i would add Nidoking, he was always my favorite pokemon(assuming all pokemons but Pichu return from melee). But if you are forcing me to choose betweem the "top 5 pokemon" yeah i would have to choose Lucario. He's a Dog, and throws hadooken like attacks, good enough for me.

That however, doesn't mean i like him, it just means he's better than other 4th generation pokemon.

Cinder

Smash Master
Well, if i HAD to choose, i would add Nidoking, he was always my favorite pokemon(assuming all pokemons but Pichu return from melee). But if you are forcing me to choose betweem the "top 5 pokemon" yeah i would have to choose Lucario. He's a Dog, and throws hadooken like attacks, good enough for me.

That however, doesn't mean i like him, it just means he's better than other 4th generation pokemon.
Oh, I wasn't forcing ya to choose b/w the top five...and yeah, Nidoking would be cool...and yes, Lucario is the best of the 4th gen Pokemon...

Top Bottom