• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Chat room! Everything Lucario!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
It is a good think Lucario is in the air most of the time. If he isn't on the ground that much, it reduces the chances of him actually tripping. I am starting to think Sakarai liked Lucario a little bit too much when he played through Diamond and Pearl, I am starting to see a bias.
If there was such bias, he'd have given Lucas-tier usmash and dsmash. :p
Not that I'm complaining. I love the invisible hitboxes of deceptive doom.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
To be comparable to the rest of the cast, Sakurai probably made Lucario's moves superior to almost everyone else's. This is because Lucario is a difficult character to win with by his nature - You have to be behind by a lot to get a priority advantage, and when you are ahead if you don't two stock your opponent with your first life, your next stock will be too weak to take out your opponent, because Lucario won't be damaged yet.

Lucario's matches always seem to be closer than those of everyone else, unless Lucario starts gimping recoveries like mad.

JDGreat

Smash Apprentice
Massively brilliant mindgame to pull off though against most people. Many underestimate the Aura's boost and just play as normal instead of getting defensive.

So, allow yourself to get hit quite a few times til your in the 80's to be safe. Play really badly up til then. Then give it your all! Comeback King!!!!

Lawn

Smash Cadet
I would never do that. Why just sit there and let them damage you when you can damage them? Even if it doesn't KO them, at least you are building their damage so that you can KO them later.

Allowing yourself to take damage really just seems silly to me.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Unless you turn into a ghost.
Ghost Lucario will never get hit.
then you'll never lose =)
-t2

JDGreat

Smash Apprentice
I didn't meant just let them wail on you. I meant don't pay as much attention to defence as normal but nothing extreme and have them think you don't play that well. Keep wailing on them however. Once you get to the 80%'s, Aura Boost time!

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I wonder if any Lucario player uses getting hit by his opponent as a strategy to KO them.
No good Lucario will pass up the opportunity to rack on damage with combos at low percents. Once you get in the higher %s and they're lower, you suffer from Ikeism in which you can easily KO them early, but you can't pull that off easily due to your lack of combos (that would normally end in a kill move/dair finisher). That and it's way too risky to play like that. It's much better to rack up damage before they can in any situation.
Massively brilliant mindgame to pull off though against most people. Many underestimate the Aura's boost and just play as normal instead of getting defensive.

So, allow yourself to get hit quite a few times til your in the 80's to be safe. Play really badly up til then. Then give it your all! Comeback King!!!!
Never a good idea to let yourself get wailed on. Most people you'll be facing have no problems KOing at mid-high %, so just letting yourself get wailed on is a stupid idea, ESPECIALLY if your opponent is better than you, in which case you might as well unplug your controller and forfeit. Aura is meant to be a bonus for trying hard and staying alive, not something to be relied on to win matches. You can eat Smart Bombs and explosives and crazy crap like that in friendlies, and it is encouraged if possible, as it is hilarious.
Only versus a campy/spammy Falco, really.
And only if you're Nuro. <<

Saki Zatoichi

Smash Ace
Short-hopped fairs from the ledge punish edge-guarders. However, I think I'm getting a tad too predictable with it. It's good to mix it up with un-charged Aura Sphere's.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I wouldn't purposely get hit. If your opponent doesn't suck, you will get hit.

However, I've heard some people, such as Forward talk about how if you're afraid of getting hit, you'll never approach them. Don't be afraid of your opponent. Of course, don't run into a fully charged fsmash, because that'll never go well. But taking a little damage from lasers when approaching is better than sitting there and letting your opponent laser you until he can KO you, for example.

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
I just play along defensively, never letting myself get hurt unless I'm 2 stocks ahead and 0% and the opponent is on his last stock, then I let my guard down a little just to charge up aura a little.

and I'm STILL trying to get a shiny Lucario. I'm down to egg 143 and still nothing. Hell even if I do hatch a shiny one everything might just go to waste if he isn't the right nature... (I'm going for modest: Lucario is still my best special sweeper in the party)

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I just play along defensively, never letting myself get hurt unless I'm 2 stocks ahead and 0% and the opponent is on his last stock, then I let my guard down a little just to charge up aura a little.

and I'm STILL trying to get a shiny Lucario. I'm down to egg 143 and still nothing. Hell even if I do hatch a shiny one everything might just go to waste if he isn't the right nature... (I'm going for modest: Lucario is still my best special sweeper in the party)
Once again, use http://www.serebii.net

I recently made a Smash Comic thread, and since a lot of good art appears here, I invite you to fill it up.

Also - Metal Rickroll

Milln

Smash Champion
Hey guys.

my Chocobo Dungeon game just released, today and I got it. I'm going to be taking a short hiatus (i'll still come and check in on you all to make sure you're playing nice) to play it. Just a couple days. I'll post when I get to the hotel and can sync up to its WiFi. =3 See ya at Kumite.

LP4Life666

Smash Journeyman
Well, done the cup outline w/ a little shding too.

Problem is the thing looks terrible when I resize it and I mean, really bad.

Hopefully it can be seen now.

A TREAT FOR YOU ALL!!!!!

Ignore the advert at the beginning!

http://www.jibjab.com/sendables/view/3r6JxVQLiHSCpkp7oujnDfd9
That. Was. Epic.

List of things I want to see before I die:

1. Two ******* fighting. Check: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRnIXnBcAAo
2. A sequel to diablo II. Check: diablo3.com
3. A combo video of pink Lucario edited over Lucario's face with Billy Joel's "We didn't start the fire" in the background.

Timbers

check me out
Hey guys.

my Chocobo Dungeon game just released, today and I got it. I'm going to be taking a short hiatus (i'll still come and check in on you all to make sure you're playing nice) to play it. Just a couple days. I'll post when I get to the hotel and can sync up to its WiFi. =3 See ya at Kumite.
MIDWEST REPPIN LUCARIO? AWWWWRITE

Good luck x)

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman
FFR has mostly sub-par music with no ability to customize the game; you find what songs you want in Stepmania so you can always have the songs that you enjoy. The fact that Stepmania is stored locally, allows for customization on anything in the game, can also be played online just furthers the fact that I prefer it much more.

Oh, and Flash Flash Revolution causes you to lose if you hold down a button, making it rather silly to use a mat with it. Does Stepmania do this: I think not!

But, yeah, Stepmania has online support... so why not use that?

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
i have my hands full with FFTA2, if you guys don't mind.
down to 80+ quests already, and CRAP battles last longer here compared to FFTA1 XD (on one occasion I swear it took me almost half an hour to kill all of those annoying moogles... stupid gunners...)

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Sub par music? You must be off your rocker. It has a gigantic variety of stuff across every genre including tons of In the groove stuff, which totally destroys DDR music. FFR has built in rankings, forums, tournaments etc.... It's pretty good

Gameplay wise, they are two different styles. FFR is purely note skill while StepMania is both that and gimmick skill. Gimmicks being beat changes, pauses, mines, holds, etc... Step Mania can only be considered superior in the frame rate and customization department(Which is important to some, but not me), the rest is preference.

Azen Zagenite

Smash Champion
=^_^=

Customizing c700/800 speeds was a necessity for me back then lolz, I sucked at arrow speed changing stuff. I think good frame rate was really important for the challenging songs. Does FFR have any hard songs?

I can't wait to play FFTA2, but I must finish EO2 first!

dguy6789

Smash Lord
FFR has songs across the entire spectrum of difficulty. There is no doubt that anyone can find songs of a level they play at. All of FFR is the same as playing Step Mania on a C setting(No songs pause or change in speed), so if you like that, FFR is the right game. The frame rate really isn't that bad, you get used to it really fast. The top players can AAA insanely stupid songs, so I imagine the framerate can't be thaaat much of a hindrance.

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman
I feel so out of the loop. I have no idea what you guys are talking about, lol.
Go buy Etrian Odyssey 1 and 2 for the DS. You might be able to find a used one of the first, but Atlus kind of makes just barely more games than they expect to sell, so it may be a bit hard. Etrian Odyssey 2 is kind of new, though -- just came out last month -- so you should still be able to find it in stores like Gamestop or Game Crazy for the DS: probably around $35.

Oh, and if you have a PS2 get Persona 3 FES.

And almost every other game made by Atlus while you are at it.

Milln

Smash Champion
Atlus doesn't make games. They translate and publish them, Nuro. Shame on you.

*continues guiding his extra cute and disgustingly adorable chocobo through dungeons, while talking ghetto trash to the monsters he defeats*

Timbers said:
Good luck x)
Thanks. =3

Also, Stepmania is vastly superior to Flash Flash Revolution. It's not even open for debate.

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman
Atlus doesn't make games. They translate and publish them, Nuro.

I hope you weren't being serious there considering Atlus is both a developer and publisher -- they develop games (Etrian Odyssey) and they also publish games (Izuna)

Lawn

Smash Cadet
I'm just starting to replay Earthbound for SNES.

No matter what new gen console comes out, SNES will always be the best.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
64 had Orcarina of time. But more importantly to me, it was the beginning of Smash and 3-D games.

Though I happen to think the wii is the best of any system to date due to its innovativeness and simplicity of use, I'll always have a place for the N64, the birthplace of 3-d gaming for me. It still blows my mind how they bridged the gap from the linear worlds of Yoshi's Island and Super Mario World 3 into the immense world of Super Mario 64 and Orcarina of Time in a single generation shift.

Especially when games like the anime picture-book world of Pokemon Puzzle League and the linear, small world of Yoshi's Story were considered N64 quality games.

Timbers

check me out
The wii has, what, two good games worth mentioning? lol

N64 is beastly.

If any of you have a PS3, you HAVE to check out LittleBigPlanet. It's too awesome to not buy. I think it's hitting stores in like fall <.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom