• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Sudai

Stuff here
Alright. I guess I'll throw Monster Hunter back on my PSP and bring that to tournies too so I can at least learn now even if we don't get to really play outside of tournies.

Curlz

Smash Lord
What would be a good way of going about to get Sponsors?

Edit: I'm advertising for FFF out of state. Is anyone willing to house if needed?

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
I actually am partially in love with the longsword
I got a longsword. And a shield. And a guillotine. Not in that game, I just got those *****es. Cuz I'm a balla. For Medieval Day in high school, the teacher said "John, you know how to work with metal, can you make us a guillotine?" I was like "I can make a ****in guillotine." I got in a little trouble for sayin it, but how can you say that without throwin '****in' in it?

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
What would be a good way of going about to get Sponsors?

Edit: I'm advertising for FFF out of state. Is anyone willing to house if needed?
Out of state too? Exactly how many people can that building hold and how many setups will there be?

Curlz

Smash Lord
Jeff is clearing out the building (game racks and what not) to make it and open floor with tables along the walls for setups, so it could hold a decent amount of people with the store cleared out.

As for setups, I'm hoping for at least 10. If I recall correctly, these people have setups to bring.

Curlz - TV + Wii
Randall - 2TVs + 2Wiis
Ran - TV + Wii
Mychal - TV + Wii
Hyro - TV + Wii
Jio - TV(?) + Wii
Flounda - TV(?) + Wii
Blaise - TV + Wii

TVs: 7 (9)
Wii's: 9

Turazrok

Smash Master
Jeff is clearing out the building (game racks and what not) to make it and open floor with tables along the walls for setups, so it could hold a decent amount of people with the store cleared out.

As for setups, I'm hoping for at least 10. If I recall correctly, these people have setups to bring.

Curlz - TV + Wii
Randall - 2TVs + 2Wiis
Ran - TV + Wii
Mychal - TV + Wii
Hyro - TV + Wii
Jio - TV(?) + Wii
Flounda - TV(?) + Wii
Blaise - TV + Wii

If I come I will bring a TV and a gamecube. If. Also, Monster Hunter is adhoc and is awesome. I'm in love with hammers and hunting Horns. I killed purple daimyo with the hunting horn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNz5RdznSRM this guy helps me out a lot.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty

Curlz - TV + Wii
Randall - 2TVs + 2Wiis
Ran - TV + Wii
Mychal - TV + Wii
Hyro - TV + Wii
Jio - TV(?) + Wii
Flounda - TV(?) + Wii
Blaise - TV + Wii

Ok, so that is for Brawl (and considering you're advertising OoS, this still might not be enough). What about Melee? How are they both going to be run at the same time?

I would offer housing, but considering how my brother wants to stay for all three days, we are the ones who will need housing. People in Laffy might have to step it up.

Who's going to Phase? BRING ME! I would rather go to that than HOBO, considering I'd rather be home for the Super Bowl...

Arcadia

Smash Apprentice
Why I use the greatsword.
http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9NYYewCSxo

Yes I have MHU for PSP, but I haven't played it in a long while cuz I got stuck.

If anyone should house, it should be BR or Laffy, Houma for a long shot.

Batto, I left my DS games in your mom's van, I kinda need them ASAP so I can get TvC.

Justin, everyone's going to Dibbz Friday.....

oathkeeper005

Smash Cadet
NNID
Oath_X
Monster Hunter looks pretty interesting. Its online?
Monster hunter 3 comes out for wii in march, Its online play is pay to play (using wiipoints) but I heard that the NA version might be free, plus it has the bundle with the classic controller pro.

and "A post on the official Capcom community site reveals that the Xbox 360 is getting Monster Hunter Frontier in Japan. May will be the start of the closed beta, which will feature online support of the popular PC Monster Hunter game. That’s really all we know at the moment, but thankfully there’s a snazzy trailer to accompany the announcement."

I hope we et in stateside, even though it took a year for MH3 to get here

Turazrok

Smash Master
Why I use the greatsword.
http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9NYYewCSxo

Yes I have MHU for PSP, but I haven't played it in a long while cuz I got stuck.

If anyone should house, it should be BR or Laffy, Houma for a long shot.

Batto, I left my DS games in your mom's van, I kinda need them ASAP so I can get TvC.

Pull that off in teams :D

My team name for March is Absolute Morphodite.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Batto, I left my DS games in your mom's van, I kinda need them ASAP so I can get TvC Mass Effect 2.

Fixed for a better game.

BUT THE SUPER BOWL IS THE 7TH!! I don't wanna get burned out for the SUPER BOWL! Yet it seems like everyone wants to go to hobo... oh well...

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Fixed for a better game.

BUT THE SUPER BOWL IS THE 7TH!! I don't wanna get burned out for the SUPER BOWL! Yet it seems like everyone wants to go to hobo... oh well...
Mass effect 1 pretty good but TvC encourages socializing so its better. Curlz I won't have a TV unless RickyB magically teleports mine to me or happens to come but I will have a Wii though.

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265

Curlz - TV + Wii
Randall - 2TVs + 2Wiis
Ran - TV + Wii
Mychal - TV + Wii
Hyro - TV + Wii
Jio - TV(?) + Wii
Flounda - TV(?) + Wii
Blaise - TV + Wii

I can bring a wii but not a tv. That seems like too few setups for a pools tourney, is it going to be straight double elimination?

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
Monster hunter 3 comes out for wii in march, Its online play is pay to play (using wiipoints) but I heard that the NA version might be free, plus it has the bundle with the classic controller pro.

and "A post on the official Capcom community site reveals that the Xbox 360 is getting Monster Hunter Frontier in Japan. May will be the start of the closed beta, which will feature online support of the popular PC Monster Hunter game. That’s really all we know at the moment, but thankfully there’s a snazzy trailer to accompany the announcement."

I hope we et in stateside, even though it took a year for MH3 to get here
imported that shiggidy for christmas. lol, its freakin epic. but the ZL/ZR buttons are at the bottom, and i prefer them to be above the L/R buttons, so youll have to re-map them for brawl if you want the same thing. if you use it. cant wait for MH3.

ill have to see if my psp still works if i want to play monster hunter. and then fix it if it doesnt. and i either use longsword or dual blades, cause they're legit.

ChKn

Smash Ace
I can bring a wii but not a tv. That seems like too few setups for a pools tourney, is it going to be straight double elimination?
I think so because of the time we start. Pools then a dub elim would take too long.

I'll talk to the owner of AnG in the next week or so to see if we can implement the visa gift cards for 3/27 like FFF.

I prolly wont play TvC since from what ive been hearing, I will be locked out of it without the 4.2 update
****, I will be too.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
why not update? im on 4.2 and everything works fine....
They may not be able to update their shiggiddy due to homebrew. All though, I have 4.2 and homebrew, so I'll be happy ballz. Although you can update to 4.2 without going through the Nintendo bull-shiggiddy. Just gotta have the right homebrew to do it.

Also, Anyone gotta a specific time for when we gonna crank of the Dibbz TvC/NSCONR3/Brawl/OMGWEGONNACRANKTHATSHIGGIDDY on friday?

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
They may not be able to update their shiggiddy due to homebrew. All though, I have 4.2 and homebrew, so I'll be happy ballz. Although you can update to 4.2 without going through the Nintendo bull-shiggiddy. Just gotta have the right homebrew to do it.

Also, Anyone gotta a specific time for when we gonna crank of the Dibbz TvC/NSCONR3/Brawl/OMGWEGONNACRANKTHATSHIGGIDDY on friday?
you shiggidy almost too much.... almost....

what homebrew doesnt work with 4.2? ive never been NOT able to do anything in homebrew because of 4.2, and i can do some pretty cool stuff. flounda, please elaborate on your reasons for not updating.

cap'n! i just remembered where i heard of you. you have a smasher page on smashwiki. that must be pretty cool, eh?

oathkeeper005

Smash Cadet
NNID
Oath_X
why not update? im on 4.2 and everything works fine....
since Nintendo half-a$$ed it the update has a rare chance at completely breaking your wii regardless of whether it is hacked. Nintendo has been turning the other cheek at most of the complaints and charges around 40$ to 60$ to fix the wii.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
cap'n! i just remembered where i heard of you. you have a smasher page on smashwiki. that must be pretty cool, eh?
Lol, what? ****. Didn't know I had one of those o.0. I would have understood maybe the wolf boards or something like that, but I didn't know I had a smasher wiki. Kind of weirds me out a bit that I didn't know I had one.

And yea, I then to over shiggiddy when im hyped up. It's become a common word in my vocabulary.

oathkeeper005

Smash Cadet
NNID
Oath_X
you shiggidy almost too much.... almost....

what homebrew doesnt work with 4.2? ive never been NOT able to do anything in homebrew because of 4.2, and i can do some pretty cool stuff. flounda, please elaborate on your reasons for not updating.

any version that is not 1.0.6 (I think thats the number) or higher

Curlz

Smash Lord
February Fight Fest Q&A

Do you think we'll have enough setups?
I'm not expecting over 40 people for Brawl, to be honest, and that's a pretty high estimate. I think 7 setups will be fine. If need be, I have 1 or 2 more TVs that I could bring to this event. For melee I don't expect any more than 24. And Melee goes by alot faster than Brawl so I will split the TVs for 1/3 goes to Melee and the other 2/3 go to Brawl.

Will there be pools for an event?
Jeff said we are allowed to stay out as late as we want to finish the event, but I would honestly want to finish as soon as possible. Depending on the turnout we will do pools. If time restraints us, then I will directly seed into a Double Elemination Bracket. If that's the case I apologize in advance for that. But its to attempt to have everything in control as well as finish early enough for the employees to be comfortable.
Brawl/Melee could possibly be pools. Every other event is seeded straight into a Double Elemination Bracket.

Housing?
I could house Louisiana players only, so OoS people are out of luck. Since you would have to stay at my house with my parents, siblings, etc I would rather keep the housing to people I know personally. Can anyone else possibly house for OoS?
My house is big enough, I can house as many people as we need. So let mek now if you need housing. I live 20 minutes from the venue and its a straight shot from my house. Turn Right, turn right again, go straitght, PnT is on the left.

How are you gonna run both Melee and Brawl at the same time?
I'm going split the Venue into 2 sides where the tournaments will be going on. Sort of like this; Brawl on the right of the store and Melee on the left side. You are allowed to enter both and exceptions will be made for people who are entered in both.
I will not be the TO for both events though. Jeff (or anyone else if they want to volunteer) will be running Melee, while I run Brawl.

oathkeeper005

Smash Cadet
NNID
Oath_X
I could run melee >_> or help run brawl... I dunno how much the brawl tourney would call me/you away from our posts.

Im trying to stay involved in what essentually was my idea from the begining to bring smash to lafayette but you guys work hella fast and my work schedule bum-phuks me /self-pity

ChKn

Smash Ace
since Nintendo half-a$$ed it the update has a rare chance at completely breaking your wii regardless of whether it is hacked. Nintendo has been turning the other cheek at most of the complaints and charges around 40$ to 60$ to fix the wii.
That. I'll upgrade eventually.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
Anyone down for melee at dibbz tonight?
I wouldn't be able to make it tonight, but friday quite a few folks are planning to come or TvC, and NSCONR3 with some smash here and there. Still hyped like a madman for casuals at Dibbz for NSCNR3, and TvC. Should be mad fun!

BTW, I just picked up my copy of TvC today Jio so if you still want to bring your imported version you can, otherwise I was just going to bring mine. That is of course if you haven't already bought your American copy yet. Anyone know what time we got planned for friday @dibbz?

Arcadia

Smash Apprentice
Housing?
I could house Louisiana players only, so OoS people are out of luck. Since you would have to stay at my house with my parents, siblings, etc I would rather keep the housing to people I know personally. Can anyone else possibly house for OoS?
My house is big enough, I can house as many people as we need. So let mek now if you need housing. I live 20 minutes from the venue and its a straight shot from my house. Turn Right, turn right again, go straitght, PnT is on the left.
Sound to me like you don't want OoS attendance.

Top Bottom