• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Arc, I just noticed, BrightPowder isn't allowed. Look in the Hax Items Clause.
Curlz is right. Brightpowder isn't allowed in competitive Pokemon battling.

The reason Jirachi, Latias, Celebi, and the Dogs aren't uber is that they're easily beatable. I personally feel Latios isn't uber, but I definitely agree both Latias and Latios are with Soul Dew. Celebi's got a limited movepool and only 328 max in all stats except for HP. Jirachi's in the same boat, but its movepool's a bit deeper. Jirachi's really a terror in Sandstorm teams, though. XD As for the Dogs, Raikou's got a shallow movepool, Entei can't take advantage of his high Attack, and Suicune's rather predictable. Out of all of said Pokemon, Suicune's definitely the best, but even then, it's nowhere near uber strength.

Daaaaaaang, a Pokemon tournament right after I head back to Texas?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Blaine, go for Avalanche instead of Ice Fang on Mamoswine. He's hella slow, so you'll likely be hit first, and Avalanche will deal double damage then. Plus it has better accuracy than Ice Fang.

And Iceman, I though that was TM 69....

Blaino

Smash Cadet
@Ziggy yea Ice Fang does have iffy accuracy and power, but since he is banded you wanna keep him healthy for revenge kills and clean-ups. Avalanche stops that

Arcadia

Smash Apprentice
All you guys are such noobs, Giga Tackle.

Iceman, you break the species clause with 6 Glaceons, but you coud have 1 Glaceon and 5 Icemans since there are many forms of ****. Oh wait, Iceman is an OUU.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Hey, you guys going to LOST: Make sure to save yall's matches! The only people from there I have ever seen play IRL from Laffy are Blaise and Curlz. If ChKn and Blaise play each other in bracket, I wanna see it.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
@Ziggy yea Ice Fang does have iffy accuracy and power, but since he is banded you wanna keep him healthy for revenge kills and clean-ups. Avalanche stops that
Oh I gotcha. I still prefer Avalanche, but that's a legit strat to counter Revenge killers.

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
Apparantly ChKn has beaten Blaise(?), so if they do play again, I wanna see it.
No, I've only ever lost to you, hyro, randall, and freddie at the play n trade tourneys. As for this tourney I'm gonna try to win only going random. I practiced my random all last night and im getting more Lucas practice than I ever needed because random WONT stop going to him. If I was a betting man I'd put cash on my cousin making it to winner's finals or loser's finals. Btw Curlz, don't put the only 2 Opelousas players in round 1 brackets again.

Turazrok

Smash Master
turok, ill ask my mommy if i will be able to drive there by then, and if i can take you. itll be great practice for my doc. definitely entering melee if i can go.

brawl+ means no instant sex!!?!??! WHAT THE **** WERE THEY THINKING!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!
My parents don't think you're experienced enough. And they won't take me. I really, really hate their standards. They drove my sister to Laffy to look for dresses. She came back empty handed. They won't take me..

Curlz

Smash Lord
No, I've only ever lost to you, hyro, randall, and freddie at the play n trade tourneys. As for this tourney I'm gonna try to win only going random. I practiced my random all last night and im getting more Lucas practice than I ever needed because random WONT stop going to him. If I was a betting man I'd put cash on my cousin making it to winner's finals or loser's finals. Btw Curlz, don't put the only 2 Opelousas players in round 1 brackets again.
Blaise, you're 1st seed and Harris is 6th seed. Yall wouldn't meet up with eachother until the finals anyhow.

I'm almost sure that I'll know the location of everyone that's gonna be there so I'll seed according to that while keeping top 8 in order.

If OoT people do end up coming, I will probably let you guys enter the side event (most likely doubles) since yall did take the time to drive all the way out here. If there is for some reason an uber low turnout (10 or less) you can enter Singles as well.

oathkeeper005

Smash Cadet
NNID
Oath_X
Hey, you guys going to LOST: Make sure to save yall's matches! The only people from there I have ever seen play IRL from Laffy are Blaise and Curlz. If ChKn and Blaise play each other in bracket, I wanna see it.
you've seen me play .____.

anyways I can upload matches to the LA smash youtube as I am pretty sure Im the only person in laffy with capture card.

Curlz

Smash Lord
You have second seed in Laffy, but if Batto comes you're booted down to third since he will taking second seed.

Also, if you can, bring a capture setup for the tourny, I want to record the matches on it. Blaise's flatscreen should have an out. Which reminds me. BLASIE, BRING A SETUP THIS TIME!

Edit: Who all from OoT is coming to the tourny? I hope you know the chances of you playing are very slim. You can come for friendlies sure, but don't expect to play in any tournaments.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Hey, I think I may be short a controller from dibbz last night. If people could look through their stuff for a black controller that isn't theirs that'd be awesome. It probably has my name on it somewhere (on a taped on piece of paper or something).

GGs to everyone last night, always love to get some good teams action in. Cyphus too good - I need to remember how to fight doc better. Been a long time since fl tournaments with smashmac.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
You Lafayette kids are homo. (And by that, I mean Curlz) Not answering any texts or calls all day is not cool. I had to call Play 'N Trade to find out when the tourney was.

Curlz

Smash Lord
My phone is being a technological *****. I wasn't getting calls or texts at all last night. It starts at 6 Batto. Sorry.

'V'

Smash Lord
A LOCAL ONLY Brawl tourney does better than almost every other tourney Louisiana's had in months.

What IS up Louisiana?

Knew Curlz could do it.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
That just shows more effort is put in this little ******** tournies than in the real ones. **** Curlz, maybe you should host a few big ones, huh. Or at least do the promoting. Or, better yet, have the Laffy ***s come to a Smashfest in BR or Dibbz, and they'll get a taste of the Smash scene without spending (too much) money. Capitalize on this muh****a. Put your ****in taint muscle into this project so we'll have more folks playin.
Speakin of that, everybody needs to promote the **** outta FFF.
Holy ****. I just realized that like the next two tournies are in ***** Laffy. WTF, mate? Someone do something cool soon.
I've been drinkin. It literally took me 31 minutes to write that. ****balls. Does **** get asterisked? How bout ****? Syphilis?

Edit: *** and **** get censored. That bums me out. Who won the tourney? Top 5? I'm guessing (and don't flame me, this is purely guess): Blaise, Batto, Flounda, Blaise's cousin, Curlz. How'd I do?

Edit2 cuz I'm a balla: Sudai, when we gonna hang out again? That CI tourney sucked, I had to get the ****. We'll get slammed (you do it your way, I'll do it mine) and say really stupid ****. We'll write it down, then try and figure out what the **** we were talkin about the next day. And who's havin the next "get drunk and play Smash" deal? It'll be sausome. Totally sausome.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Lost 2
1/23/10
Lafayette, LA

1: Blaise ($78.00) (Random/Snake)
2: Batta ($39.00) (M arth/MK/Peach)
3: Curlz ($13.00) (MK)
4: ISBS (MK)
5: Clayton (Kirby)
5: Harris (MK)
7: ChKn (Marth)
7: Oathkeeper (Pit)
9: DAKT (Ike)
9: Tri Hex (Toon Link)
9: Chow (ZSS)
9: MasterMajora (Snake/DK)
13: Roids
13: Preston
13: Jordon
13: Trevor
17: Chad
17: Devan
17: Eric
17: Daniel
17: LJ
17: Patrick
17: Matthew
17: Kazuma
25: Michael
25: Sam

Bracket:

Edited for characters and bracket.

ChKn

Smash Ace
I got the tournament I'm hosting for March 27th. Name, thread, and other stuff to be announced soon.

Also, if I got *****y @ PnT, I apologize. I'm just super-pissed @ how I performed. I'll just suck it up and move on.

Just back to the drawing board for me. I got about 1 month to get my **** together.

Sudai

Stuff here
Edit2 cuz I'm a balla: Sudai, when we gonna hang out again? That CI tourney sucked, I had to get the ****. We'll get slammed (you do it your way, I'll do it mine) and say really stupid ****. We'll write it down, then try and figure out what the **** we were talkin about the next day. And who's havin the next "get drunk and play Smash" deal? It'll be sausome. Totally sausome.
**** man. I live so far away or we'd hang out a bunch.

Next time I'm in BR I'll hit you up Icey Mango~

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
Lost 2
1/23/10
Lafayette, LA

1: Blaise ($78.00) Random/Snake (match 5 vs curlz loser's finals and vs Batto)/DK 1 match
2: Battosia ($39.00) Marth/Metaknight/Peach 1 match
3: Curlz ($13.00) Metaknight
4: ISBS Metaknight
5: Clayton Pikachu?
5: Harris Metaknight
7: ChKn Marth
7: Oathkeeper Pit
9: DAKT
9: Tri Hex
9: Chow ZSS
9: MasterMajora DK
13: Roids
13: Preston
13: Jordon
13: Trevor
17: Chad
17: Devan
17: Eric
17: Daniel
17: LJ
17: Patrick
17: Matthew
17: Kazuma
25: Michael Toon Link
25: Sam

Bracket will be posted soon.
Filled in all the chars I could remember. Shoutouts:

Harris: My man, there's only been 3 competitive smashers (or even competitive fighting game players) from Opelousas and I'm proud to call you one of them. Great job.

Curlz: You ran a nice fast tourney and always had 3 tourney matches going on the 3 tvs at all times. GJ on knocking me out of winner's bracket. You might have knocked me out of loser's too but CHKN kept yelling for me to switch from random to Snake for match 5. Also it was very sportsman-like when I was going to switch back to random and you were like "No, pick who you want." It takes balls to put yourself in a less favorable situation for the sake of competition and you did it in the last match of a loser's finals.

Battosia: Shave your legs

Batto: You gave me much needed Marth practice and your Peach had alot of style. The grand finals had some very scary moments and I can say you're someone I'll never underestimate. C4 kills really won it for me, even I was shocked at how low% they were KOing you.

Michael: Great to see you again man, if you read this gimme your friend code or AIM so we can play brawl+ someday.

ISBS: If I'm not mistake, you're usually a melee player but you should have more faith in yourself. I really don't have much bad to say about your playing style, you just need more experience.

Chow: Doesn't read this board I'm sure. I gotta say, this guy was a huge influence in the 2007-2008 lafayette smash scene by hosting tournaments. It was surprising to see him not only enter this tourney but take 9th. Even if he's not hosting, I guess not having him at an acadiana based tournament would make it incomplete.

ChKn: Its a shame we didn't get to play. Looking forward to your March tourney.

Arcadia: Good match, DK vs Falco is pretty darn hard. Killing me twice before reaching the stage area of Halberd was ouch. Chain throwing me off the side of Delfino's umbrella area was funny too. For anyone curious, it was 3-1 in Arc's favor. We've yet to fight in a tourney so I look forward to whenever that day comes. Thanks for visiting

I failed at the all random attempt when reaching Curlz. Until him it was all 2-0s til his metaknight beat my PT (randomed him twice), samus, and sonic but lost to my ike bowser and marth. I've wanted to attempt all random at a tourney for years now so its nice to finally get that off my chest.

Top Bottom