• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Blaino

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna own that Pokemon son!

And what are the poke rules? If ya need any help answering questions, Randall and I know some stuff.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Ah, ****! I forgot about school. xD

Jeff said that these events can last all day and night if need be. He also said that we could push back some tournies to accomodate for school.

I'll go fix it in the thread.

Blaine, all information for each tournament is in the thread.

Blaino

Smash Cadet
Ah gotcha Curlz, is Jirachi allowed or banned, cuz he is super hax and not on the list. Self-KO clause shouldn't be allowed that **** is cheaper than being killed by a cheep-cheep. You also say bright powder is banned and isn't.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Ah, ****! I forgot about school. xD

Jeff said that these events can last all day and night if need be. He also said that we could push back some tournies to accomodate for school.

I'll go fix it in the thread.

Blaine, all information for each tournament is in the thread.
I have a feeling you wanted nobody good to be able to come so you could win and keep all the money for yourself lolwut. Except Laffy has decent melee players, derailing my hypothesis. Blazblue is cool and I'll watch, but not enter.

If I can go.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Would having both events going on at the same time be smart?

Having Melee start at 6 and Brawl start at 7?

Blaine, no Jirachi isn't allowed. *added* and Self KO is legal because there is a way around getting hit. But with evasion, uber, sleep, and hax it could give one side a definite unfair advantage.

Arcadia

Smash Apprentice
Depends on setups.

Also, I'm going to enter my Ice team from Platinum in that poke.

Wouldn't Frosslass w/TBolt beat Skarmory?

Curlz

Smash Lord
Arc, do the BlazBlue rules look up to snuff? What should I add or take away. I don't know much about the game to think of a rule set.

Blaino

Smash Cadet
That's cool Curlz there are dumber rules out there, so these are great enough.

@Arc depends on the spread of the skarm and lass, TBolt may be a two hit KO, then skarm will roost stall or switch out to a ground.

Arcadia

Smash Apprentice
Blazblue looks fine, but SFIV needs the character rule, maybe T6, even though it kinda doesn't matter.

WHY IS BRIGHTPOWDER ALLOWED!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure I'd be doing over half with TBolt, Roost gets outstalled PP wise, and switch to a ground would be a really dumb move.

Arcadia

Smash Apprentice
Winner is locked into his character rule.

It lowers the FUKING ACCURACY of all moves attacking the holder by 10, except no-miss moves.

Sudai

Stuff here
Ehhh, Melee on Friday at 6 still means I won't be entering. Leave Tech at like, 4. Can't get to laffy till like 7:30 or 8. Don't worry about me though. I'll still be there to chill and play friendlies I'm sure.

Arcadia

Smash Apprentice
But in the evasion clause it says it's allowed.

I thought Blizz was raised to 100 in hail...

Blain check the social.

Arcadia

Smash Apprentice
Blaine throw me some poke teams that would give me problems.

Abomasnow(lead), Lapras, Frosslass, Weavile, Glaceon, and Mamoswine.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I'm surprised Arc didn't ban Tager.
Actual conversation.
Me: yeah blazblue is fun. I've been playing tager-
Arc: LOLWUTBBQJOHNS TAGER IS CHEAP
Me: He's the worst character in the game!
Arc: He combos you twice and you're dead. HAX
Me: Why are you getting comboed by tager?
Me: you owe me $1 from our mm I won
Arc: shhh

Blaino

Smash Cadet
Sandstorm teams will be our biggest problem. Any poke that is rock steel or fire will be a check on our team too, so make sure you have some type of way to deal with them.

Edit: and yea Blizz is raised to 100% accuracy, but it always hits regardless of double team and sand attack.

As far as your pokes go, you have pretty much the best viable pokes for mono ice bar walrein and regice, maybe jynx or articuno could be a possibilty as well

Arcadia

Smash Apprentice
Abomasnow, Lapras, and Mamo all know hail just in case.

Fire - Lapras
Rock - Mamo
Steel - Weavile

Hail + Blizz + Snow Cloak too good.

I was thinking of switching Lapras for Articuno, but Fire would be a prob. Wailrien/Jynx are ugly, and regice blows.

Blaino

Smash Cadet
I don't think 3 pokes knowing hail is neccessary, but if you would feel safer go for it. Cuz Ttar is faster than Abomasnow so you get hail priority. Hippowdon will have sand priority but the most it can do is setup and probably wont want to stay in against aboma since grass knot and blizz will OHKO depending on the spreads.

Scizor will OHKO Aboma, Weavile, Glaceon, and Froslass with Bullet Punch. It will possibly 2HKO Mamo and Lapras I would assume. He is the major threat to ice.

I suggest you Sash Froslass or Weavile or both, Scarf Glaceon, and Band Mamo. Give Lefties to Aboma and Lapras.

If you know you aren't fighting a Scizor, Weavile will be safer with an Life Orb or Expert Belt.

Blaino

Smash Cadet
Scizor resists Ice and is neutral to Ground with a base 100 Def stat. Mamo does have the potential to kill it off, but it is scary.

And considering Scizor's dump around 248 EVs into HP, you are looking at a possible 3 maybe 4HKO with blizz, 2 with EQ.

I may be exaggerating the kill rate with blizz, I don't know the calcs against scizor I would just assume 3 blizz's

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
Yeesh, I showed a guy I know that competes in pokemon the pokemon chat here and he went into full nerdrage mode. Note to self: never talk to him about pokemon.

Blaino

Smash Cadet
Haha prediction is half the game.

Abomasnow@Leftovers
4 HP/252 SpA/ 252 Spe
Timid
-Blizzard
-Grass Knot
-Leech Seed
-Subsititute

Mamoswine@Choice Band
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Adamant
-Earthquake
-Ice Shard
-Stone Edge
-Ice Fang

Weavile@Sash/Orb
40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly
-Swords Dance
-Night Slash
-Ice Punch/Ice Shard/Ice Mann
-Brick Break/Low Kick

Lapras@Leftovers
192 HP / 112 Def / 160 SpA / 44 SpD
Modest w/ Water Absorb
-Surf
-Blizzard
-TBolt
-Sing/Toxic

Glaceon@Scarf
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Timid/Modest
-Blizzard
-Shadow Ball
-Sleep Talk
- HP Fighting

Froslass@Sash
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Timid
-Blizzard
-Shadow Ball
-Tbolt
-Destiny Bond

That would be close to what I think you are going for.
Oh **** I forgot Fighting wrecks Ice too. Watch out for that.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Alright, here's the deal. I'm pretty confidant that with all the good players (or at least better than me) out of the way, that I can win LOST. The problem here is that it's a two hour drive, and gas money would be a little steep. So, who regularly goes with me? Hyro, Arc, and Jnig. Guys, if you want to see me dress up like a girl and pwn Lafayette nubs, I'll bring you (even though you can't play in the tourney, but you can play friendlies) if you could just give me like 5-7 dollars each. I WOULD LOVE YOU.

ChKn

Smash Ace
...you gotta go through me son, although we won't be in the same part of the bracket.

The birds and dogs aren't a problem. Only Zapdos and Suicune are OU.

Arcadia

Smash Apprentice
I'll go, but only if the winner of the tourney has to play me in a $5 MM which I then give to Batto.

If Batto wins, then we have a "serious set" Cyphus style.

Top Bottom