• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Icemann, you can come over anytime you want. You ALWAYS welcome, I <3 u sexy. =)

With that said, YOU still know who YOU are. YOU. Sudai knows what im talking about.
We talkin bout J$? Yeah, that lanky muh****a don't do nothin but **** people's **** up. I don't care if he's quiet. Molesters and serial killers start off quiet too, and they **** some **** up. If you're loud like me, you end up as a rapist. And yeah, I said it.

Sudai

Stuff here
lmao at those that don't know who he is. The only people that shouldn't know who he is are people that joined within like..the past few months.

We definitely need to hang again some time, been way too long.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I joined in May March. I'm 2 months away from a year, yet I'm still considered "new".

I love this community.

Edit for month fail.

'V'

Smash Lord
Gameware Monthly 14 is coming on February 19th. No tourneys for smash, but Brawl/Melee/64 can be there if it wants. I'll post up stuff tomorrow.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
I love you Lee<3 Good **** at pound :) Let's team again sometime soon.
I love you too.

Thanks for the support guys. Tourney was crazy. Vaughn you should have a brawl tournament at Gameware. It brings people together. We as a state needs that. We never get together anymore. :/ I'll run it if you don't want to, I understand. We just don't have tournies anymore it seems. Except chinese inn monthlies which i always miss xD

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
I plan on hosting a Brawl tourney @ LSU within a month, so get hype for that! I plan on asking around and stuff tomorrow.

Also, a couple of random questions:

1. How did we get some new people before? Like the Laffy guys, and Arcadia and I? In other words, how did you semi-new guys get into the smash scene? What attracted you?

2. Do you guys think Wario is a hard character to pick up? Why or why not?

'V'

Smash Lord
I don't know, Lee. I've kinda already promised I'd host a Naruto tourney since we literally haven't had one for years.

I'm not even sure if Stephen even wants to do Brawl anymore at all. Like me, smash isn't really his thing anymore. He's even skeptical about having a few friendly setups for it.

I can try to see if he'll do it for the March Monthly. He might be in a good enough mood for it at that time.

To be honest, I don't really wanna do it. I'll try if people really want it, though...

Edit: Chinese Inn bored me.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Lee, Flounda and I have alot of big plans that will help the smash scene alot. We're gonna revive the smash scene.

JNig;

1. In my area I was the best among my friends and a couple others. We played almost every chance we got and I would always be ahead of them all. I decided to go further by entering tournaments at the Arcade in the mall. They would have bi-monthly tournaments for the store and weekly tournaments for the lock ins they had. At the lock ins I would always place first and at the bi monthly tournaments I would place relatively high. I enjoyed playing the game with new people who also enjoy the game and I made alot of friends playing it and what not.
But come 2009 Aladdins Castle was bought out by Tilt Arcade and Cooperate stopped letting the store have tournaments. My friend Daniel and I always teamed for tournaments and we didn't like the idea of not being able to play any anymore. So at first we tried GameBattles, but..... Wifi. Ew. So I googled "Louisiana Smash Tournaments" and was forwarded to the LA thread. I lurked it for about 2 months and then decided to check out what GameWare finally was. I looked for it on Youtube and found Sudai's youtube page. From there I asked Sudai about the scene and finally decided to join.

TL;DR - Local venue stopped having tournaments and I googled for SWF and enjoyed it.

2. I have no idea.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I'll talk to David about doing another Monthly in February.

Melee will be in March though, we haven't confirmed the date yet, but if you know any Melee players tell them please.

@JNig, I had no clue about the tournaments and etc. in my area, so I mostly spen time playing Wi-Fi with people here and on AiB. Then after lurking here, I found a Tournament Listing area and clicked and found my state just in time for LasT 3.

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
I plan on hosting a Brawl tourney @ LSU within a month, so get hype for that! I plan on asking around and stuff tomorrow.

1. How did we get some new people before? Like the Laffy guys, and Arcadia and I? In other words, how did you semi-new guys get into the smash scene? What attracted you?

1. I got into tournaments when my 11th grade science teacher (back in 2005) opened a gaming center in baton rouge. Sadly the business crashed and burned in under 6 months but at least I got to go to 5 monthly tournaments before then. After that friends that I made at those monthlies told me about Taylor's old Gameware tourneys. I went to those for a few months then the competitive smash scene in LA died for like over half a year. We all had a giant reunion when I hosted a tournament called Cajun Showdown which was hyped up enough to bring in people like Ricky Ray John Wu Cyphus and Lee (all of whom I had never met before). From then on the smash scene was relatively steady with Taylor doing most of the hosting.

Basically LA smash is a bit of a roller coaster, its mandatory that it dips down but then it rises up higher than before after staying low for a while. I guess the two highest points were cajun showdown and taylor's monthlies after that dragging people out of retirement and brawl releasing. There has to be something huge to spark the interest everywhere.

2. I actually learned how to play wario from playing brawl+ strangely enough. I considered maining him when I began competing in brawl a few months ago but nothing ever came of that. I think he was relatively easy to pick up because I played a lot of jigglypuff in melee and wario felt a little familiar to that.

As for crews, I'd only join a crew with a really good leader. I base good leadership on charisma so Iceman would be a good candidate for that.

As for LSU, I'd enter that tourney and bring a setup (I'll try not to bring the flatscreen everybody hates) and yadda yadda so you have my support for that. I recommend printing out flyers to advertise it. The biggest Lafayette tourney I EVER went to (39 i believe which is good for laffy) was a melee one at the Alladin's Castle arcade in 2007 and all they did was throw up a few signs on UL's campus. If it weren't for that flyer I never woulda known laffy had a competitive smash scene at all. Flyers also let me know about Laffy's Street Fighter and Tekken competitive scenes (didn't even know lafayette had a Play'n'Trade before that).

Edit: Oh yeah and Lee, play me in brawl+. Anybody, play me in smash64.

Awstin

Smash Rookie
Yayyyy, Jio knows/remembers who I am. :)
Curlz, we ate BK, remember? And dropped you off on the street.

r0ni

Smash Cadet
Who would be interested in a friendly Region Crews battle?

Laffy vs Baton Rouge vs New Orleans

5 people per team, 3 stocks each, normal LA rules.

Laffy: Curlz, Flounda, Oath, Blaise, Mychal
BR: Randall, Blaine, Nitez, Nick, IceMann
NOLA: Arcadia, JNig, Batto, Hyro, Ran
Houma: Lee, Roni, Cyphus, RickyB, Freddy(?)
****, we would ****....sorry guys i still love yall <3

jiovanni007

Smash Ace

1. Me and my friends used to play melee like scrubs until this random guy showed us the light then we played like nublets among each other for a while til I reseasrched smash tournies. Started running some nublet tournies til I met cj who told me bout Dibbz, SWF, etc.

2. Honestly I don't find any character in Brawl to be terribly difficult to pick up. Granted you just can't grab a char one day and become a beast instantaneously, but its not gonna take forever to get decent with someone. Wario gay though.

<333 austin

ChKn

Smash Ace
@JNig:

1. I've actually know about the boards since Brawl's release, but I haven't joined until early summer 09 since I had the time to compete. I used the boards to give myself a slight competitive advantage for local tournaments(which I had won 2 of them in September 08 and January 09). I wanted to go by the rules posted by here, so I would print out a copy and ask the TOs to use them.

I guess my competitive nature was sparked by the Gamestop tournament on the release date of the game. I made it to the semis with ICs and I got ****ing tail whipped by Charizard on SD on Hyrule.

2. No clue how to use Wario.

EDIT:

How many people would be interested in Melee singles if I can get it scheduled? I plan on making the tournament either the 27th of Feb or the first/second Saturday of March.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
EDIT:

How many people would be interested in Melee singles if I can get it scheduled? I plan on making the tournament either the 27th of Feb or the first/second Saturday of March.
BR VS Houma Melee style *****ezzzz
NO can try to beat us too. they got ... jon wu and avery?

cept doc a marth counter says ken. =(((
Hopefully you guys can remember Melee March Madness is in March, Chkn, I don't mind you hosting a Melee tourney too, we could have 2 in one month? Then it'll really be Melee March Madness. :laugh:

Curlz

Smash Lord
February Fight Fest is going to have Brawl, Melee, and Brawl+. You wont need to host a tourny for melee.

Pritch

Smash Lord
BR VS Houma Melee style *****ezzzz
NO can try to beat us too. they got ... jon wu and avery?
Hi.

(also, john is rusty as ****, at least last time I played with him)

February Fight Fest is going to have Brawl, Melee, and Brawl+. You wont need to host a tourny for melee.
The fact that another melee tournament is happening doesn't mean other people can't host one too. The more the merrier.

Sudai

Stuff here
You dawg, I heard you like Taco Bell so we put some...lettuce...in your car so you can go to Taco Bell while you go to Taco Bell.

-Sudai OC

*wonders how many people will get it*

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Why not? FFF is taking place in February. MMM is taking place in March and not only that, but I promised it would happen and I'm sticking to my word.

k so FFF is probably the weekend of the 27th. When's MMM? I'll schedule my event between the two.

EDIT: Since we're doing alliterations: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd-5UYmmDsk&feature=player_embedded
As for MMM, I think I might schedule it on the 2nd or 3rd weekend of March.

Awstin

Smash Rookie
Yo Sudai, I herd you like little boys, so we put some little boys in your little boys so you can do your little boys while you do your little boys.

EDIT: **** crew would wreck errbody. Avery+Austin ;D

Also, JNig, in regards to the Wario thing, I didn't think it was too hard. I think some people just have a problem with being patient, but then again I'm talking with my very small Brawl metagame experience from way back in the day. But basically, I say yes, he's pretty easy to pick up.

Turazrok

Smash Master
except i play melee now, and would beat all ya'll up. n00b.
Teach BSL how to play doc, please. I need him good at doubles before march.
@ JNig. I was bored. It was June. I had been playing mmo's for some time and there was a blahwiki for every one of them. So I googled smashwiki. I got this. And I got the melee tourney in August. I prepared in secret.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Why not? FFF is taking place in February. MMM is taking place in March and not only that, but I promised it would happen and I'm sticking to my word.
I was talking to Flounda when I said it. I don't think he knew about FFF having Melee so he would have tried to schedule a Melee tourny in Laffy without knowing there already was going to be one.

Also, is Melee MMM gonna be only melee or is it gonna have Brawl too?

ChKn

Smash Ace
As for MMM, I think I might schedule it on the 2nd or 3rd weekend of March.
I was thinking around the same time for mine. I was aiming for the 13th of March. Just refer to my tournament as BB right now.

EDIT: I can also have my tournament on the 27th as well.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
MMM is a Melee tourney, so we can have Brawl set-ups but I do intend for it to be only Melee in terms of tourney. Unless the turnout isn't so good, then maybe I'll figure out something.

I could ask to have it on the 20th

Turazrok

Smash Master
MMM is a Melee tourney, so we can have Brawl set-ups but I do intend for it to be only Melee in terms of tourney. Unless the turnout isn't so good, then maybe I'll figure out something.

I could ask to have it on the 20th
I love Nitez. That is all.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Free Raisin Canes, go to the site and join the Caniac Club and you get a free Caniac Combo Meal.
I'm joining and gettin that ****.

Also, March is the month for Melee, so you Brawl *****es better practice!

Top Bottom