• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Actually... we didn't play. I've texted him and left a message, and he hasn't responded. He did say he'll be at the Tiger Uppercut meeting, so maybe we'll see him then...

EDIT: He just called me! Who wants to play tonight? Like ASAP? And where are we gonna play?

Curlz

Smash Lord
Let us have a moment of silence to remember Louisiana's Music Scene. As of December 1st, the High Ground will be closing.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Let us have a moment of silence to remember Louisiana's Music Scene. As of December 1st, the High Ground will be closing.
*checks to make sure he's still in new orleans*

*checks to make sure new orleans is still reasonably intact*

I think louisiana's music scene will make it regardless of this (I guess?) crushing blow.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Car is basically functional, though until I get a real fix taken care of it's more than a little disturbing how easy it would be for someone in the know to steal it. So with that out of the way, who's down for dibbz?

ChKn

Smash Ace
I was the cockiest mother****er in Lafayette. I remember my first tournament. I walked in with an inflated head thinking I would completely destroy and I ended up losing to a Chaingrabbing D3.

You remember how cocky I was. Haha.
That D3 was me.

'V'

Smash Lord
It doesn't have too many people. It has...5? lol I'm not gonna give input. When I said I was coming back to smash, I guess I lied cause, well, I'm not. lol

Oh, Hyro, I'll leave your stuff with someone on Wednesday or something. I won't be going to BR this weekend since I'll be done with classes on Tuesday. Sooo, I'm just driving down Tuesday.
You can leave his stuff with me if you want to, Sudai. I'm sure I'll see him at some point if I'm gonna wanna hang out with N.O.

Srsly? What happened to all the "I don't take Brawl seroiusly", "I hate this game" etc. etc lol
He became a phoenix, which is not good for this game imo.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Alright, update on Sam. He's not, um, bad. Bad would insinuate that he's been playing for as long as everyone else and he's still not good. He's inexperienced. He's not a douchebag, and he's willing to learn. To give you a reference point, I beat him every time, and I'm pretty terrible.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Sounds cool. Make sure you guys get his number and tell him about the upcoming tournies, especially last.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Sam is a pretty cool dude. Sure, he never got me to one stock (except for my Falcon vs his Zelda) and I won every match, but he is very willing to learn. He is now my Diamond in the Rough trainee. Seriously. He learned a lot over a few hours of getting *****. Getting him to LOST would be a good gauge at his skill, then I can see where to go from there to LAST with him. He's got that competitive fire, and I love it!

Apparantly where he came from (North/South Carolina), he was the best there was. He claimed he won a couple of "state" tournaments. He'd be one of the best against noobs, but no better than a scrub.

I MM'd $3 the very first match. I knew I'd be a horrible person if I took anymore. I also showed him the boards, and his user name is B-I-G, so please give him a warm welcome.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
HOORAH. I'm basically 18, so I can just go to bars and see the bands. The Highground was cool at first but they deserve what happened. All the kids working there are douches, the kids who attend concerts (the people who I constantly get in fights with) are douches, and they screwed the bands out of so much money. I'ma go troll their myspace.

eet

Smash Ace
vaughn always manages to seem homosexual.

snd NO has the number one scene for live music .. whats the high ground to the multitudes of live music at various clubs and bars?

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Justin, when we playin? I need you to show me how to Wavedash and shorthop. That's what it's called ain't it? Or is it shortjump? I forget.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
jio did i see erika's ******* that one night? t1tt1ies

and ***** buy a next gen there is no excuse *****

at least buy a stick

Turazrok

Smash Master
give me melee, or give me death.
Agreed. I want to play you next time, I might not be able to go to LasT4 though, altercations have occurred.

Ice Mann: tap x for short hop, wavedash is airdodge into the ground, and since you play luigi it's really easy. Don't try to slow it down in training, it makes it harder to pull off later.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
He plays everything nowadays. Brawl, BB, Tekken, watevs.

Apparantly there's gonna be a Dibbz get-together this weekend (friday or saturday). Who's up for it?

Hyro

Smash Lord
Well how can he take it seriously or like it if you won't even let him in the backroom?
I guess you don't realize I didn't make that group...as in I don't have any control on who gets in or not lol

But yeah, friday/saturday we'll all go to dibbz. Enough people come we'll have a tourney. Jnig, you should bring Sam, Randall, Blaine and Iceman. Jio me greg, (and I'm sure your bro) will be there too.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Is there something that we could bring to LasT to play some music or something while we Brawl. I srsly can't deal with Brawl's music......I'd rather listen to my Gaga or Swift ;)

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Agreed. I want to play you next time, I might not be able to go to LasT4 though, altercations have occurred.

Ice Mann: tap x for short hop, wavedash is airdodge into the ground, and since you play luigi it's really easy. Don't try to slow it down in training, it makes it harder to pull off later.
Ice Mann is an OG in case u didn't know, Jnig is the one that needed training

Pritch

Smash Lord
I'd be down for saturday, or earlier in the day friday (possibly extremely late as well, but not within the 7:00-11:00ish area).

iceman48

Smash Journeyman

Airdodge into the ground? That doesn't make any sense. You mean off of the ground? I can't figure it out. And I've been tapping ****in x. And I keep full hopping (full jumping?). It's tough.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Not gonna lie, some of that stuff was pretty legitimately cool looking. And I think that's the first time I've said that about any brawl-related video.

I still find rockcrock's vid to be more impressive (there was some pretty crazy **** in there, even by melee standards), but I'll acknowledge that that's a nice vid.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
jio did i see erika's ******* that one night? t1tt1ies

and ***** buy a next gen there is no excuse *****

at least buy a stick
random, but I'm gon cop that ps3 sometime soon. I still pretty much only play WoW and Brawl so i'm not sure of my reasons since my laptop can play blu-ray...laptop + 15ft HDMI cable = blu-ray player. Oh and the new call of duty is so ****in fun. U might've seen erika's poonanny, not sure though.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
BTW Pritch.

Everyone knows combos are in melee. Even though they look good, it's expected. Now what happens when you see that **** in BRAWL?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQzwPp-B-Hc

Melee vids lose the combo vid competition, that's what happens LOL
I mean both vids had great combos as expected but shouldn't a combo vid contest be entitled to a lil more showmanship as opposed to a clip reel? Not saying that I have the time and/or ambition to make a vid, just sayin anyone can make a mash-up with enough time.

'V'

Smash Lord
I'm sitting this one out as well as most other future Dibbz meetings. I'm gonna be playing Pop'n Music in Gameware and New Super Mario Bros. Wii all weekend. Most of the other weekends I'll most likely just not feel like coming. Sorry, BR.

Curlz

Smash Lord
That D3 was me.
*Facepalm*

At least I can **** you now lol (jk). I remember one of your friends saying during our match "Who would have thought anyone would have been good with Dedede?"

Now look at the tier list. Lol.

I have the finals of that tournament recorded. The MK that won used the EDC. Lol.

'V'

Smash Lord
Iceman already knows how to wavedash and shorthop. He used to play Melee.

Pop'n Music in Gameware has been fixed. Well sorta anyway... The game itself works and the new CRT is amazing, so the screen isn't entirely blue anymore. 75 cents for 4 songs. Very good volume, at least for now anyway.

Top Bottom