• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
That's true.

*rummages through the internets a bit*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOgOPQqiq8E

This is a bit old (it's from GGXX#R if I remember right, which is a few versions behind). But guilty gear people know how to make a combo video. This is a pretty legitimately badass vid.
exactly what I'm talkin about had this just been a clip reel i woulda been all like "I just wasted 4 minutes of my life watchin a guy hit some balls with his stick" but instead I'm all like "ZOMG LOOK HOW HE WAS HITTIN THEM BALLS WITH HIS STICK!!!" Pretty good video but I personally lack the editing skills to bring forth such a masterpiece. Does anyone know when they're gonna announce the winner of the vid contest? AND GET HYPE FOR DIBBZ!!! TOMORROW!!! BE THERE OR BE SQUARE!!! BATON ROUGE, THIBODEAUX, AND SLIDELL COME AND GET SOME BRAWL IN!!! Bring some setups too, we always end up short at Dibbz.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Is there something that we could bring to LasT to play some music or something while we Brawl. I srsly can't deal with Brawl's music......I'd rather listen to my Gaga or Swift ;)
Are you serious? Listen to good music like Slayer or Dimmu Borgir. :]

Hyro

Smash Lord
Alright, added it to the first post and yeah Jio I'm with you. The video I posted, the people stole all the clips from other combo videos and made it with no credits at all and just added their own music. It just has some beastly combos. Search for Izaw's Link on youtube, he has some amazing editing.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Your music taste is extremely questionable. Plus you like Miley Cyrus. That was my breaking point. I'm going to listen to some more Beatles/alternative/rock.

'V'

Smash Lord
If there's actually a DJ Hero setup, I'll up the volume on it. I know at least that I'll play it to make sure it sounds as good as possible.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Gaga is ok. I'm not gonna lie, I like her music. But Swift and Cyrus? Really?

CrunkCore is the way to go. You can mosh to it and party to it. Its fun to dance to and its fun to jump around with. It has sick beats and good lyrics along with screams. It has something for everybody.

Edit: Just wondering... JNig, do you think Sam is better than me? :p

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Death Metal encapsulates the awesomeness of brutal metal, and more often than not is accompanied by orchestra ****. The pure feeling of Satan brought forth by such music is the best feeling known to man. Moshing to this music is orgasmic.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Arcadia, bring my TV tomorrow, please. :]]]]]]

-edit-

Btw, Hyro, we used your Wii last night; and literally played for hours in black and white.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Man, don't even begin to knock on Melee combos son.

Too many melee combos are expected, it's true, but like the creativity and the technicality involved is what makes them constantly entertaining to watch. Like freaking mountain combo man, the game's been out like 8 years, and that's the first time that ****'s been done.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Yes!!! I am ****ing serious! I'm not ashamed to admit that I love Lady Gaga and T-Swift. I even like Miley Cyrus' new song, but then again, who doesn't? :chuckle:
I don't! And GaGa, only the beats. That's it. If I could get instrumentals of her songs, that would be great.

If there's actually a DJ Hero setup, I'll up the volume on it. I know at least that I'll play it to make sure it sounds as good as possible.
YES x10000 please do it! I especially like anything vs. Genesis. Best=Fix Up, Look Sharp vs. Genesis.

I've been watching videos of all the tracks on expert. Oh. My. GAW!

Just wondering... JNig, do you think Sam is better than me? :p
Quite possibly. I mean, probably not now, but it won't take long for him to get better than you, as in he's not that far behind you, not that you're that bad.

Death Metal encapsulates the awesomeness of brutal metal, and more often than not is accompanied by orchestra ****. The pure feeling of Satan brought forth by such music is the best feeling known to man. Moshing to this music is orgasmic.
You're ****in crazy.

'V'

Smash Lord
YES x10000 please do it! I especially like anything vs. Genesis. Best=Fix Up, Look Sharp vs. Genesis.

I've been watching videos of all the tracks on expert. Oh. My. GAW!
Agreed. In fact, those are some of the ones that are the most fun to play in my opinion. I like all the songs in the game except for Beastie Boys vs. Foo Fighters... That's just plain terrible.

I've already gotten to the point where I can 5-star most songs on expert, so I'm pretty confident I can make things sound good for you guys. I'm sure Chaddly will be there as well, and he's 5 starred the entire game already.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Alright, added it to the first post and yeah Jio I'm with you. The video I posted, the people stole all the clips from other combo videos and made it with no credits at all and just added their own music. It just has some beastly combos. Search for Izaw's Link on youtube, he has some amazing editing.
I don't like most of Izaw's stuff. You know why? TOO MUCH EDITING. It takes too much from the actual combos, and most of them are very good.

Man, don't even begin to knock on Melee combos son.

Too many melee combos are expected, it's true, but like the creativity and the technicality involved is what makes them constantly entertaining to watch. Like freaking mountain combo man, the game's been out like 8 years, and that's the first time that ****'s been done.
Who are you? Trollin up in this *****.

But yea, don't be hatin on melee vids. There's just as much creativity in melee combos as in Izaw's editing.

In Melee combo vids, you don't need editing. That's why they still stand a chance.

And seriously, is Dibbz gonna be tomorrow or Saturday?

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
I disagree, Izaw's vids are pretty pimpin. Sure his combos are great but a combo video is a video that's edited in my opinion, that other stuff is just a clip reel that anyone with basic computer knowledge could create. I mean srsly my editing skills are like 2 of 450 and I was still able to chop and paste some replays and even make an intro. Editing skills are actually skills, but to each his own.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
I disagree, Izaw's vids are pretty pimpin. Sure his combos are great but a combo video is a video that's edited in my opinion, that other stuff is just a clip reel that anyone with basic computer knowledge could create. I mean srsly my editing skills are like 2 of 450 and I was still able to chop and paste some replays and even make an intro. Editing skills are actually skills, but to each his own.
Fair enough. But you didn't answer: Is dibbz tomorrow or saturday?

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Is there something that we could bring to LasT to play some music or something while we Brawl. I srsly can't deal with Brawl's music......I'd rather listen to my Hank Williams or George Strait ;)
Fixed again, mutha****as. Justin, ****, when we playin again. **** you

Turazrok

Smash Master
Curlz, I am enlightened now. Spent like..... whole Friday with half the power ranked guys. LOL. figured out what I was doing wrong, and how to improve.

Also, finally JC'd shine with falco. It so hard...

@ Curlz: HYES!

Curlz

Smash Lord
Flounda and I have talked about it and we want every other LOST to be locals only. So LOST 2, LOST 4, etc will not have OoT people. We want to get the Lafayette players introduced to the competitive scene with more motivation than to just lose to Lee. So LOST will be a bimonthly thing to everyone here.
I just thought I'd let people know so they won't get confused when LOST 3 rolls around in January.

Also, nobody has answered my question.

Would you guys rather have LOST to be Cash Prizes or Store Credit? If we give away Store Credit then the entry fee will only be $5 for each event. If we give away Cash Prizes we will have to have a Venue Fee as well as a Entry Fee to pay Play N Trade. The Venue fee will only be $5 but how many people are willing to spend the extra money for cash?

Feedback?

Store Credit: 2
Cash: 0

Curlz

Smash Lord
Curlz, I am enlightened now. Spent like..... whole Friday with half the power ranked guys. LOL. figured out what I was doing wrong, and how to improve.

Also, finally JC'd shine with falco. It so hard...
I've been watching videos of myself play and I'm seeing what I'm doing wrong. Woohoo for not always spot-dodging.

Is our MM still on?

Turazrok

Smash Master
Flounda and I have talked about it and we want every other LOST to be locals only. So LOST 2, LOST 4, etc will not have OoT people. We want to get the Lafayette players introduced to the competitive scene with more motivation than to just lose to Lee. So LOST will be a bimonthly thing to everyone here.
I just thought I'd let people know so they won't get confused when LOST 3 rolls around in January.

Also, nobody has answered my question.

Would you guys rather have LOST to be Cash Prizes or Store Credit? If we give away Store Credit then the entry fee will only be $5 for each event. If we give away Cash Prizes we will have to have a Venue Fee as well as a Entry Fee to pay Play N Trade. The Venue fee will only be $5 but how many people are willing to spend the extra money for cash?

Feedback?

Store Credit: 2
Cash: 0
Fine lol I won't go. LAWL. Can't go anyways yet. Maybe in a few years. Besides you can't keep Lee a secret forever. I got 4-stocked by him at my first tourney, and it only made me wanna get better. I'm guessing OoT people will want cash, locals will want credit.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Coddanm it...

Blaine said he's got stuff to do, so he probably can't make it. Randall said he was free both days, so he should be coming.

Also, I finally found some random .VOB (DVD) to .wmv converter, so I converted all my replays I recorded. Some of them didn't work out. I was like, ok whatevs. So I try to publish each individual match as its own file. Turns out half of them would freeze and die at a random point. Ok, FINE, moving on. So I take the one's that made it out ok and try to upload them to Youtube.

Turns out ALL OF THEM HAVE AN "ERROR" SO I CAN'T UPLOAD ANY OF THEM!!!

My face= :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

*Sigh* Just when I think I can get them up, everything fails so hard.

Looks like I'll have to uninstall and reinstall a bunch of crap all over again, then record all the matches again, then see if the "Capture Video" option comes up in Movie Gayer.

**** me...

Arcadia

Smash Apprentice
Ok here we go...

This will eventually lead to people of a lower caliber only going to the local tournies.

How can you introduce people to the competitive scene when no competition is present?

With no competition present, how will people reach their highest potential?

How will people have an opportunity to learn from the best in the state?

Losing to Lee is a horrible john, it's the story of our lives.

Lee is the reason most of us are competing at a high level.

...I'm done.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Ok here we go...

This will eventually lead to people of a lower caliber only going to the local tournies.

How can you introduce people to the competitive scene when no competition is present?

With no competition present, how will people reach their highest potential?

How will people have an opportunity to learn from the best in the state?

...I'm done.

Wow, that's what I was thinking, but better. You're exactly right. Best thing I've seen/heard you say in a long time.

Curlz, me thinks your plan would increase turnout (not by much) in the short run, but that won't exactly help "Lafayette as a whole" get better. Plus, they have to know who's out there. I don't want some random guy winning your tourney, then proclaiming he's the best like Sam did. At least Sam had no idea whatsoever, plus he's from South Carolina.

Here's an idea: Don't go telling people they're just gonna lose to Lee. Don't tell them anything, except to go to tournaments, have some fun, and do their best. As a TO, you want to ENcourage, not DIScourage.

Curlz said:
We want to get the Lafayette players introduced to the competitive scene with more motivation than to just lose to Lee.
Is that what you tell yourself? Is that what you tell other people? That tournaments are just places where everyone loses to Lee? Then WhyTF do we all play still? I feel ...disrespected.

It's something called adversity. To get better in anything, you have to get past obstacles. If you can't handle adversity, then GTFO.

If you "ban" OOT people that would win or place above all the locals, then what credit does that give the winner?

Arcadia said:

TRU FAX. Sig this **** if you think that's true.

tl;dr: Arc posted epic ****, Curlz's plan is bad, I feel :mad:, and I'm siggin Arcadia's post.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Curlz, like Justin and Arcadia have already said, I think "banning" players from out of town is a bad idea in the long run. If they can't handle losing, then they don't really have a place in a competitive scene anyways.

If you can only get locals to show up when no one good is there, then why would the locals decide to stick around in the long run?

Justin, I'm not positive on Dibbz tonight. I still want to talk more with Alex and see what she wants to do. Just give me a call later to find out what I'm doing.

ChKn

Smash Ace
We want to get the Lafayette players introduced to the competitive scene with more motivation than to just lose to Lee and everybody OoT
Fix'd.

Maybe that plan of action wouldn't work in the long run.

Also, what do you guys normally do at Dibbz to train?

Curlz, like Justin and Arcadia have already said, I think "banning" players from out of town is a bad idea in the long run. If they can't handle losing, then they don't really have a place in a competitive scene anyways.
I can't handle losing money, which is why some other people, besides myself, don't go to tournaments. I just do friendlies and enter in every other tournament.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Are we gonna follow the pound4 stage list?
When? Where? Why? Louisiana uses the LOUISIANA stage list! lol

Also, what do you guys normally do at Dibbz to train?

I can't handle losing money, which is why some other people, besides myself, don't go to tournaments. I just do friendlies and enter in every other tournament.
At Dibbz, not only do we try to play everybody a lot, but we also give each other tips and point out flaws in others' games. Constructive criticism, if you will.

Hmm...I see what you mean about the losing money part. That's why you guys need to have a lot of smashfests, like the one at Dibbz today, or the one at Anime Games or whatever Curlz posted on facebook. And try to friendly as many people as possible.

I guess the problem with you guys is the quality/skill level of people in your area. Like we've said before, we have the luxury to play Lee and Hyro a lot, while you guys barely get to see anyone on the PR. When you get the chance to play or talk to any of us, DO IT. Do not waste the opportunity to do so. Ask us to watch one of your matches, and we can critique it.

Save videos of your matches, watch them yourself to see any problems you notice and what you should be doing instead, and even show others these vids so they can be critiqued.

This is basically what I told Sam on how to get better. All of you guys should do the same.

Top Bottom