• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Hey guys, if you want bring recording equipment to Voodoo Smash. Get a few matches recorded. :D
It's unnecessary with the new codeset. With infinite replay just save the matches and record it at home.

Yeah I remember seeing blaise at a couple other smash tourneys I went to

Annnnd, maybe I'll get the kenner pnt monthlies started again?? If I did it would be the weekend after nick's.

Sudai

Stuff here
I lost the game.
I won the negative game.
I lost they Taylor game.
I ate the butthole game.
I ate the ******* game.

Edit: Oh, and "The Game" is something completely different. I'm pretty sure no one here knows what page the baptist king is explained on, so we'd have to search...soooo, you should just go to the top of this thread and click "search this thread" and see what comes up with "The Baptist King."

-Ran

Smash Master
I'm looking to sell two 1600 point cards for Xbox 360 [20 dollars each]. The Play and Trade tournament was store credit only, so I converted it the 360 cards that I'm now looking to get rid off.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Yeah, just join in the group memberships section and give them the link to your tournament.
...we can do that??? *goes to get blue name* lol

BTW, I'll never ever figure out this mac capture card with these component cables. If I'm gonna have that vid done in time, I'ma needa borrow someones wii :(

Arc you should let me trade you TEMPORARILY since you can still play mine on your nonlaggy tv with the component cables!!

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
God...that was an exhausting tournament...Jnig...grrr. Thanks for the ride, lolin with bowtoe and talking with ran and you blah blah blah
Right back at ya. We're so dumb for not recording any of grand finals... really good matches.
2-1 winner's semis
0-3, 2-3 grand finals

Phew!

Good games to everyone there. I literally just got home from talking with Jnig at his house. I was very pleased with Lafayette showing up.
GG's to everyone indeed. I feel so enlightened, so...empowered, so invigorated now after that "pep talk." Thank you SOOO much. :)

I'm glad to see Laffy making some progress in it's community. Now to do the same for LA as a whole...

If you do go through with it, Nick, I'll most likely come just cuz it's you. Still, I'd talk to Justin cuz Eric and I have both played in that dorm before, and it's rather spacey. It can definitely be used for a tourney.
It is spacey indeed, but it sounds like Nick is already planning on having it at his place. I think it'd be better to have it Friday than Sunday, mainly cuz of school. We shall see...

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
So.... I searched for the baptist guy. I didn't actually find the rules, but my guess is saying baptist then king without anything between it set up the opportunity for someone to say THE KING OF THE BAPTIST! Am I right? Or is it much more complicated than that?

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
The Baptist Dream: From Vision to Game
It was a medieval period full of kings, war, and nobility- but it was not our world, but that of a different nature. Whence we know religion ruled the lands and the faithless were heathens- is not such this case! This is a land of Atheist dominance and those in faith are the witches of the time. Among the noblest of kingdoms lies the Atheist King and his company was a Baptist brought in for trial. The Atheist King wore among the flauntiest of garments, his staff solid gold, his crown made of only jewels. The Baptist was thrown into the center court, mere meters from the thrown. Hundreds of knights stand stiff in block formations covering every square foot of the chamber but the red carpet from entrance to the thrown. The Atheist King was not amused with this nuisance as it stumbled to its feet.

King: State your claaaim, Baptist!
Baptist: Well, mylord-
King: SIIIILLEEEEENCE!!!! >:O
Baptist: …
King: …
Baptist: …
King: …continue, Baptist
Baptist: You see-
King: I AM THE BAPTIST KING!!
Baptist: I just-
King: KIIIIING OF THE BAPTIIIST!!! >:O
Baptist: … :(
as far as i can tell, this is the earliest post by cyphus about the baptist king.... where are the rules? you just cut poeple off yelling baptist king?

ChKn

Smash Ace
Uhh...I got a new controller yesterday but my analogue stick is too loose. How do I go about tightening it up?

ChKn

Smash Ace
I can return it anytime I like. I'm gonna break it in a little by playing some Star Fox 64. I just need the Ana Stick to be tight.

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
hahaha. that was a bummer just now. almost an touchdown, then the other guy just took it right out of our hands pretty much. maybe next time then. chKn, try tightening the screws on the back.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
That's what she said.
I was expecting that...

hahaha. that was a bummer just now. almost an interception, then the other guy just took it right out of our hands pretty much. maybe next time then. chKn, try tightening the screws on the back.
And yea, that was almost a tie game right there. It started from a disaster and moving to a small bit of hope. It's a bizarre series of events happening.....like this stupid fumble just now :mad:

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
justin wong had some pretty funny choice words for smash in a recent interview lol
not saying anything i just thought it was funny

IGN: Are you a fan of Super Smash Bros.?

Justin Wong: No, I don't like Super Smash Bros. at all.

IGN: What's the difference between Super Smash Bros. and Street Fighter IV?

Justin Wong: Smash Bros. is more like a family game and Street Fighter IV is actually a fighting game.

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
ouch.... if that guy wants a real fighting game, he needs to play mortal kombat. street fighter is like a movie compared to it.

go saints! reggie bush needs to just go home. ive had enough of his dancing around on the field.

Sudai

Stuff here
as far as i can tell, this is the earliest post by cyphus about the baptist king.... where are the rules? you just cut poeple off yelling baptist king?
Nice try on that one. Finish a sentence with "the baptist king" and if anyone responds, you cut them off by yelling "KING OF THE BAPTIST!"

Justin Wong: Smash Bros. is more like a family game and Street Fighter IV is actually a fighting game.
100% agreed, however we managed to turn it into something that resembles a fighter, at least. lol

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
go saints! reggie bush needs to just go home. ive had enough of his dancing around on the field.
Nah, he just needs to learn to keep moving forward instead of moving backwards in order to make something happen. He needs to quit running on the outside and just run on the inside to get more yards. He's good, he just needs work. This game overall is just weird tho. :laugh:

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
Nah, he just needs to learn to keep moving forward instead of moving backwards in order to make something happen. He needs to quit running on the outside and just run on the inside to get more yards. He's good, he just needs work. This game overall is just weird tho. :laugh:
*sees touchdown* ok fine, reggie can stay.

and thanks for finally explaining the rules of the baptist king, sudai.

Top Bottom