• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
I've been competing in various fighting games since like 2003 or something so yeah I'm no stranger to the forums. I didn't know about the melee tournament and I didn't even know the lafayette tourney was gonna have baton rouge people there. I thought it was gonna be some random game store tourney and I wanted my cousin to get a chance to compete. When I walked in, I immediately saw Randall and knew this was gonna be a serious one. SF4 is my main game but I'm starting to get interested in smash again. I'll try to come to future tourneys like that halloween one and last4, I'd like to get on that LA power ranking chart someday.

ChKn

Smash Ace
GGs to the guys that I played last night. That tournament was pretty fun, but it got extremely cramped during doubles. Maybe we can get a table up in front of the cash register, since the people buying games just go to the side of the glass.

EDIT: Were any matches saved?

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
eet, you really need to change your avatar to a more appropriate one before the admins make it so you'll never be able to use one ever again.

just looki'n out for you, bro

RickyB

Smash Cadet
Turazrok, the Baptist King is this game Cyphus made a long time ago before i played smash and it was both random and hilarious so it caught on with some smash players and the rules are simple but i don't feel like explaining them. Ask an old smash next time you see one in person. Moreover Sudia just got you really really good, if you played you would understand why what just happened was extremely funny.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Well, it was good to finally meet you Blaise. I hope to see you at future tournies. I'm gonna be calling Jeff for the first LOST. Are there any dates in November that I should avoid other than HOBO/LasT?

Edit: I'm thinking the 21st of November to get us some practice for LasT.

Edit2: Did anyone happen to pick up a Wiimote with a gray Nykon battery cover? I forgot to put it in my bad and I was curious if anyone picked one up.

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
Good stuff Lee. =D When you gonna come hang at my place again? D=

In fact, when everyone gonna come to my place again? =(

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
I'd like to see a local tourney on the weekend of Nov. 6-8, cuz all that's really there is HOBO. The 7th, I've got plans with some friends that night, so really I'd like to see one on the 6th or the 8th. Lol. AND if no one will host one, then dammit I'll find a way to host one at my own freaking apartment. I'll just need TV's and what not and we'll have to use my bedroom for several set-ups. XD

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
But you guys is always invited, you know that Vaughn. =) Unless I specifically say something like: "I'm doing stuff with my girlfriend this weekend" (Like this one right now and the one coming up), then you guys can probably just come right on over. =P

And thanks again Vaughn. Cuz once again! The day, is saved! Thanks to... Vaughn!

'V'

Smash Lord
Not quite sure what I did, but thanks. =D

Sudai got the first post on page 777 by the way, just pointing that out. ;)

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'd like to see a local tourney on the weekend of Nov. 6-8, cuz all that's really there is HOBO. The 7th, I've got plans with some friends that night, so really I'd like to see one on the 6th or the 8th. Lol. AND if no one will host one, then dammit I'll find a way to host one at my own freaking apartment. I'll just need TV's and what not and we'll have to use my bedroom for several set-ups. XD
yeah, you'd have to fine somewhere. Other than that if it weren't for Voodoo Smash I would so host it locally. :D

Where's your apartment Nick?

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
Alright, I'll talk to him about it. Cuz I figured during LasT 3, we fit about 20-25 people in my living room to watch the finals. Mainly due to rides and people staying at my place... BUT, if we use my living room and my bedroom, we could probably fit like... 6 setups and if we have about 20-25 people it could work out. I mean, I'm just grasping at straws here though, since the only thing on that weekend is HOBO and I want to do a tourney that's in town that doesn't interfere with plans I already have with my friends on the night of the 7th. You could say it's selfish. =\

Edit: My apartment is on Stanford/Acadian pretty much right before you hit LSU campus. I'll pass out the address and apartment number if we get enough interest generated in this idea. It'd probably be Friday night I'd imagine. If the weather's real nice, we could even leave my sliding door open and possibly put a setup outside. Lol.

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
Rofl, nice. I wouldn't have it any other way... Except if like Vaughn got that first post. But either way. =P

So if I host a tourney at my apartment... Can I has blue name? XD

'V'

Smash Lord
If you do go through with it, Nick, I'll most likely come just cuz it's you. Still, I'd talk to Justin cuz Eric and I have both played in that dorm before, and it's rather spacey. It can definitely be used for a tourney.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Bah work, I really wanna go to HOBO but its tough to get a Saturday off for me. On topic, once I get some time I plan on trying to find a venue in New Orleans. Ran u should pm me ur number and we can work on this together. I'm pretty busy til December but I can still put forth a lot of effort.

Top Bottom