• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I dont get why our posts were cut? Were all the posts deducted the same amount of posts in here? Also who did that?

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
why did mine go back to rookie? other people's didnt change! :( lolwhatever. eet, how do you still have functioning logic when you are high? it just doesnt make sense.

bomber, do you happen to know a certain hillyard?

Turazrok

Smash Master
Well, what about peoples who don't have facebooks?

edit: yeah bomber how you know hill?

Sudai

Stuff here
why did mine go back to rookie? other people's didnt change! :( lolwhatever.
It's about your actual post count.

eet, how do you still have functioning logic when you are high? it just doesnt make sense.
Being high doesn't actually debilitate you that much. Sure there's some drawbacks, but it's not as big as the media likes to lead you to believe.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Yeah I was wondering how you guys are winning high. I was all "lol w/e easier win"

-Ran

Smash Master
As I told Arcadia when he was playing a high and drunk Eet at Hyro's during a tournament match:

"I know you think you have the edge, but you need to remember that he -always- plays when he's drunk and/or high. This is him playing normal."

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Is anyone playing smash this weekend? It seems like no one from New Orleans is traveling to Laffy, and I'm not driving there by myself.

-Ran

Smash Master
I've been playing with the codes on now for awhile, and I've yet to have a freeze aside from the first time I attempted it. It was before I did a format of my memory card. After that, everything has been running fine.

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
right click the sd card in "my computer" and click format. if you dont see an option there, then something is wrong with your computer.

edit: does this mean eet would be way awesome playing without being impaired at all? or would he suck because he isnt used to it?

Curlz

Smash Lord
Ok, I formatted it (thank you BSL) and I'm testing right now...

Edit: Still freezes. I'll try re-extracting the files to my SD card instead of drag and drop.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Is anyone playing smash this weekend? It seems like no one from New Orleans is traveling to Laffy, and I'm not driving there by myself.
There's a full car of us. Me, avery, mohr, and dmanwon (the last 2 being new guys) are all going over tomorrow morning. Of course, we're going for melee, but still...

Pritch

Smash Lord
edit: does this mean eet would be way awesome playing without being impaired at all? or would he suck because he isnt used to it?
That is an interesting question, and one which will probably never be answered within our lifetimes.

I think its kind of obvious that the main reason this thread died was the creation of the backrooms. All the serious smash talk is there. I think backrooms are needed in a large community (over 100 maybe) but I think in a smaller community it only works to completely alienate all the new smashers online, as well as those looking to make the transition to and from Melee/Brawl. Of course that's crazy because all they'd have to do is ask to play, but when all they have to see is spam from bored members it's kinda lame. Plus a lot of prominent smash players dont even check this thread anymore, so its not at all a representation of our smash community, like it once was. :o

But oh well, good thing Im in the br. XD

**** Im high. <-- I wonder wish word he used????
You know the backrooms were made in response to the thread getting ****ty, not the other way around, right?

Curlz

Smash Lord
Ok.... I still cannot get the codes to work.

I've tried putting the codes on my SD card, getting the codes myself, formatting my SD card, drag and drop, and extracting straight to the SD card. Nothing seems to be working.

Sudai

Stuff here
Prolly not. He's played while impaired more than me and I only play slightly better when sober. He prolly plays worse sober. lolololol

Besides, he's just awesome.

Sudai

Stuff here
I actually don't drink. If that answers your question. Oh, and getting drunk before a tourney is a bbbaaaddd idea as that actually does impair you pretty bad. Unless you're Taylor. That mofo plays best in his PJ's and buzzed. lololol

Curlz

Smash Lord
I've heard that most get high before smash events. It was pretty bad at MechaCon. Lol.

I found it quite entertaining though.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Curlz, are you removing the memory card after you've loaded the codes?
I'm supposed to? That could be the problem. I'll go try it now.

Edit: I feel like an idiot. Lol. I did a 5 minute match and fox-trotted the entire match. No freezing, no tripping, and I can save the replay. The codes work.

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
lol, well there you go. i still havent gotten around to testing it, but looks like i dont need to. what if you load the codes through homebrew and not through the custom stage-gecko method?

Curlz

Smash Lord
You could do that if you want, but this is just so that people who don't have hacked Wiis can still use the codes. We're using this exploit at every tourny from now on so people don't have to waste their time hacking their Wiis.

Edit: I was bored....

It feels like something is missing. I can fit something below the smash ball, but I don't know what to put. Any ideas?

-Ran

Smash Master
If you want the codes we're using, just download the file and just drop the CODES folder onto your Sd card if you already have GeckoOS/Homebrew.

Top Bottom