• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I want the money, but I don't want to risk getting the video deleted. I would just opload it again but it was two years ago, so I don't have it on this computer.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I want the money, but I don't want to risk getting the video deleted. I would just opload it again but it was two years ago, so I don't have it on this computer.
Just go for it. Opportunity doesn't knock twice. Besides, not every opportunity is guaranteed risk free but really, this is a simple task. You are uploading videos, all you have to avoid is copyright infringements. You can do the research, you can go to the owners of the subjects for your videos and talk with them about it. This is something that anyone could probably do and make successful.

Sudai

Stuff here
Curlz, use a youtube downloader to get the vid back on your comp if you're worried about it getting removed.

As for the copyright things, the best person to ask would probably be a youtube rep, not so ironically.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Ask your english teacher or whomever you know well versed in the ways of legal rights and plagiarism

eet

Smash Ace
In theory, an obvious work of parody isn't copyright infringement (see: Mystery Science Theater 3000, Weird Al Yankovic, Saturday Night Live, etc.), as parody is a protected fair use under copyright law - but it's also a gray area of the law that's fairly open to interpretation.

You might still get a copyright complaint, but you "probably" also have grounds for a successful DMCA counter-notice to defend your work as fair use. Even a parody is subject to a copyright claim. You'd not only have to file a counterclaim, but if the original owner chooses to fight that counterclaim, it becomes a matter for the courts.

Standard disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer, and this isn't legal advice, just an informed opinion - if you're really curious you should ask a copyright lawyer about the specifics.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Ask your english teacher or whomever you know well versed in the ways of legal rights and plagiarism
I'm good at wording e-mails/letters for something formal, but a second opinion wouldn't be too bad.

How did they contact you, Curlz? Replying in the same manner would probably be the most direct route.
Well it was a Bot that emailed me asking for a partnership. Youtube Bots go around looking at video stats and email whomever is the "owner" of videos with lots of views/comments/positive ratings. So I'm not sure if replying to a bot would be good. It couldn't hurt to try though.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
When would this be? Cuz I plan on making one sooner than later, which is why I was aiming for Novmber 7.

Is anyone from NO doing anything this weekend? I know Arc and Hyro are out, but what about you other guys? Batto, Jio, Ran?

And what about Blaine?
I'm not doing anything, and my parents are gone!!1 (Too bad my aunt and uncle are staying with me. My parents don't trust me like Hyro's do.) So what's going down? Btw, my internet got jacked, so texts are appreciated. 504-813-4579

Bomber7

Smash Hero
yeah they will just tell you, don't go to wikipedia for the answer. Tbh, I have found that website to be quite accurate plus teacher's rants about it really are illogical. There is really no way a website that big and that popular could afford a false advertisement scandal. Like most commonly I have heard out of teachers "the fact that the website can be edited is why we don't let you use it" <---- lolwat? all websites can be edited. Plus I know Wiki would fix inaccurate info, as well as that they site their sources.

Curlz

Smash Lord
yeah they will just tell you, don't go to wikipedia for the answer. Tbh, I have found that website to be quite accurate plus teacher's rants about it really are illogical. There is really no way a website that big and that popular could afford a false advertisement scandal. Like most commonly I have heard out of teachers "the fact that the website can be edited is why we don't let you use it" <---- lolwat? all websites can be edited. Plus I know Wiki would fix inaccurate info, as well as that they site their sources.
I think its just so kids don't copy/paste from Wikipedia. I had to do a paper and all I did was copy/paste from wikipedia and when I turned it on online and it said I had 0% plagiarism.

Since Wikipedia can be edited, its always changing, thus not being set in stone on what it says and can't be caught by turnitin.com. So teachers probably just use the "Edited by anyone = inaccurate" speach so kids don't BS their term papers.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I think its just so kids don't copy/paste from Wikipedia. I had to do a paper and all I did was copy/paste from wikipedia and when I turned it on online and it said I had 0% plagiarism.

Since Wikipedia can be edited, its always changing, thus not being set in stone on what it says and can't be caught by turnitin.com. So teachers probably just use the "Edited by anyone = inaccurate" speach so kids don't BS their term papers.
no I think they just mad because Wikipedia has info on just about anything and it makes things very easy to look up stuff, it's easier than using the internet.

Edit: BSL I got you down for PS

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Protip: Use Wikipedia and use their sources as your sources. ;]

WTF Eric. I didn't know you knew that much about law. o_o
really obvious. My English teacher told me she doesn't like to use Wiki (and didn't freak out and whip out a lecture like every other teacher does) and she told me to use their sources to help me >>

hurray for an awesome English teacher?

Hyro

Smash Lord
I'm not doing anything, and my parents are gone!!1 (Too bad my aunt and uncle are staying with me. My parents don't trust me like Hyro's do.) So what's going down? Btw, my internet got jacked, so texts are appreciated. 504-813-4579
Lol it's not trust. You're supposed to tell your parents your going to spend the weekend with a friend. That way, they give you money for food etc, and they won't make your aunt and uncle watch you....cuz they won't think you're home.

Arcadia

Smash Apprentice
If I were Batto's parents, I wouldn't trust him either.

Heck, If Batto were Batto's parents, he wouldn't trust himself.

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
Protip: Use Wikipedia and use their sources as your sources. ;]

WTF Eric. I didn't know you knew that much about law. o_o
thats what i do, but sometimes im at school and i have to work on it. school has it blocked. they suck. but yea, if you ask them about plagiarism and legal stuff, i dont think they will talk about not using wikipedia.... right?

thanks bomber. i cant wait till halloween. its gonna be cool. my first brawl tourney and stuff. yea!

eet

Smash Ace

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
All those posts about a Pokemon vid on Youtube, and you're gonna talk to Arc about that one? Seems as though someone is picking and choosing.

Carry on.

-Ran

Smash Master
To everyone that has been bothering me about the Code Set. Here's the link.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HYZ0KCY6

Please test it for me. There's a Readme in the zip file with instructions as to how to use it.

I'm going to research a way to make it so that our stage list is organized as well. This will make Counter Picking easier.

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
Lol. Well. I had to argue with abuncha people once I programmed that Megaman Fighting game. and again when I tried to make an Anime fighting game. And ... u.u' also for my sparkman remix, and even with my teacher in high school for my Pop culture stop-motion parody of the 10 amendments. So yeah, ppl ***** about that all the time to me. Lol.
lol, that megaman game is ok. your remix of sparkman is really good. that ammendments video is terrible. no offense. and how could you make a video talking about too much power, have dragon ball z, and NOT make an over 9000 joke? "arrest the boy you cannot" hahhahahaha.

edit: do you still have the demo link? its broken.

Pritch

Smash Lord
I'd be game for some Dibbz.
Alright, well I have to get up with a friend of mine to get some brief magic-related stuff taken care of. And I'm going to call the new guy from tulane to see if he wants to come down and play, and if he does I'll need to pick him up from there since he has no wheels. Other than that I'm down to play whenever, though. You want me to give you a call when I get all that straightened out?

'V'

Smash Lord
All those posts about a Pokemon vid on Youtube, and you're gonna talk to Arc about that one? Seems as though someone is picking and choosing.

Carry on.
It's a social thread, Iceman, so we can talk about things other than smash as long as it's not derogatory flames and stupid spam that isn't directed towards the current conversation and/or could all fit into one post without making a whole bunch more. You can start a conversation yourself. The thread's actually been good today.

I'm sorry that I infracted you before, but next time don't make a flaming post like that just to be silly, cuz that could count towards spam and flaming. I only counted it as one though.

Edit: Never mind on the title change since Eric was nice about me not changing it, but just remember that this is a SOCIAL thread. =]

-Ran

Smash Master
Ran, when you said you had nothing planned, did you mean you could go to Laffy this weekend?
New Iberia/Laffy didn't impress me with the last tournament. I'm not feeling a three hour drive to play the same people I play all the time.

eet

Smash Ace
lol, that megaman game is ok. your remix of sparkman is really good. that ammendments video is terrible. no offense. and how could you make a video talking about too much power, have dragon ball z, and NOT make an over 9000 joke? "arrest the boy you cannot" hahhahahaha.

edit: do you still have the demo link? its broken.
Yeah that megaman game really shines when you use usb controllers to play instead of the keyboard setup. Plus that game is really well made, compared to most fangames Lol. Only a couple bugs.

And that video was made in 2002, before the "Over 9000" meme even existed Lol. The reason it looks ****ty is because I was only 15 lol, plus not very many consumers had digital cameras, so it was difficult to even edit scenes, let alone add any sort of effects. But these days I can do lots of different **** , and easily add effects. :D (I <3 links lol)

and which demo? the megaman one? Im not sure if it works lol but I can reupload it.

Sudai

Stuff here
Lol. Well. I had to argue with abuncha people once I programmed that Megaman Fighting game. and again when I tried to make an Anime fighting game. And ... u.u' also for my sparkman remix, and even with my teacher in high school for my Pop culture stop-motion parody of the 10 amendments. So yeah, ppl ***** about that all the time to me. Lol.

btw are you comin to br this weekend or nah?
Daaannngggggg. Always getting hounded by the copyright *****es. :[

As for BR, I might be coming. I haven't really decided? lol I'll text you on Friday if I'm coming down.

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
Yeah that megaman game really shines when you use usb controllers to play instead of the keyboard setup. Plus that game is really well made, compared to most fangames Lol. Only a couple bugs.

And that video was made in 2002, before the "Over 9000" meme even existed Lol. The reason it looks ****ty is because I was only 15 lol, plus not very many consumers had digital cameras, so it was difficult to even edit scenes, let alone add any sort of effects. But these days I can do lots of different **** , and easily add effects. :D (I <3 links lol)

and which demo? the megaman one? Im not sure if it works lol but I can reupload it.
no, the smash one. you have a link to it in the forum that you linked to, but they are dead. i have the megaman one already, and its cool. oh, ok. the video was posted fairly recently, so i thought you were just nooby. hahaha. but seriously, i want to try out your smash game. it at least sounds cool.

Hyro

Smash Lord
If I were Batto's parents, I wouldn't trust him either.

Heck, If Batto were Batto's parents, he wouldn't trust himself.
Bigger issue, if you were batto's parents, you'd be more than one person :dizzy:

But anyways, I don't have a facebook ran. But I can see everything that happens in there, it's a public group.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
:mad::mad: another attempt to get my PT buds to come to LasT foiled, especially on magik. that dude lives too far south in texas, he's practically in mexico. Steeler is currently pending. :mad::mad:

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
same should go for you, again eet....
lol, hyro. good point.
bomber, what are PT buds? specifically the PT part.
eet, maybe you missed the question, can you somehow get me a copy of your smash game? id like to give it a try.

good night all, ive got some sleeping to do.

Top Bottom