• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Also, I'll probably go to Laffy this weekend for the PnT tournament. Anyone in BR need a ride?
Of course I need a ride.

Bsl, Tiger Uppercut is the LSU gaming club, and MechaCon is a huge anime convention in Laffy.

Turok, I would guess Snake or MK.

Curlz, I'm...somewhat undecided on that. Either it will be a huge fail, or people will actually show up and it could be fun. Idk...

Arc, he did say it will be NEXT YEAR. You'll have enough practice by then.

Since we're starting to enforce some rules here, I don't see any point to move this and/or make a new thread.

Jio, I wanna go to Dibbz! Anyone in BR wanna go? I'll pay you back somehow! Food, gas, you name it.

Curlz

Smash Lord
MechaCon is moving to New Orleans next year. I'm still not sure if they will be giving a payout to the winner this time.

If we do end up with payment for our placings then I'll make it Singles. But if its just for a small trophy then I'll see if we can do Doubles. I'm thinking the people at the convention will get a kick out of that.

I actually know where to Advertise as well.

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
iirc? (so much new hip lingo with all this brawl stuff. kids these days....)

i second arcadia's decision. at least a singles side event, otherwise i probably wouldnt go. maybe if me and curlz or me and turok can make a good team.

do the people at mechacon all live in la? or is it a regional/national thing?

Curlz

Smash Lord
iirc? (so much new hip lingo with all this brawl stuff. kids these days....)

i second arcadia's decision. at least a singles side event, otherwise i probably wouldnt go. maybe if me and curlz or me and turok can make a good team.

do the people at mechacon all live in la? or is it a regional/national thing?
This past year 104 people signed up. We had to make the bracket Single Elimination just to fit time restraints.

MechaCon is the biggest and longest running Anime Convention in Louisiana, and you wouldn't really come just for a smash tournament, you would come for all the fun of the convention. The tournament itself this past year was a "side event" from everything else that was going on.

And it has been announced. MechaCon VI: New Orleans 2010 is July 16-18, 2010 at the Marriott Hotel.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Sounds like fun Curlz.. Probably won't be able to go but, another question.. What is the easiest way to glide toss?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
glide toss = dodge roll and hitting the C-stick in the direction you want to throw the item in. Very simple. :D

next question.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Okay.. Which is the best pokemon of the three?
Squirtle. He's fast and has a high performance rate. He's also small and hard to hit. He has awesome jabs, and his hydroplaning is awesome he also does good in the air.

However he can't do everything alone, Charizard and Ivysaur can still back him up in some areas (cant really list them).

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
This past year 104 people signed up. We had to make the bracket Single Elimination just to fit time restraints.

MechaCon is the biggest and longest running Anime Convention in Louisiana, and you wouldn't really come just for a smash tournament, you would come for all the fun of the convention. The tournament itself this past year was a "side event" from everything else that was going on.

And it has been announced. MechaCon VI: New Orleans 2010 is July 16-18, 2010 at the Marriott Hotel.
ehh, i'd go for brawl. the convention is a side event for me.... hahaha. im not really into anime, except for the old ones that came out when i was like 8. ive been going back, downloading those, and watching them. they're cool.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Alright Justin, I'll save a spot for you. I'm not sure if I want to go to the Melee stuff earlier in the day, but I'll let you know what's up when I decide.

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
oh, thanks arc.

ran, could you upload the files that go on the sd card for tourneys? i would like to have the same files as the official one, so the character select screen will be in order and stuff.

eet

Smash Ace
wel, anyone with good projectiles is spammy imo. So basically Rob, Toon Link, Falco, Snake - you could argue for Pit, or even a Wolf whos good at placing lasers, but meh.

Only MK and Wario can spam without projectiles. haha

and turk is asking questions about brawl cause hes new - I think thats on topic and legit. except for post 30803 Lawl

'V'

Smash Lord
Mocha, don't you think that's a little unfair? He was asking questions about brawl, and not actually spamming. Just a thought.
He could've fit all of those questions into one post... Seriously, he needs to control himself... This was stated in the rules...

Not to mention his anime comment also counts towards useless spam.

Edit: Actually Arcadia, he's at 3 already...

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
I guess so. I should have looked at it from your perspective. Carry on.

I'm doing homework right now, I should be done in about an hour or so. Anyone want to wifi then?

Edit: I think he meant only one for all the spam together, instead of each post being +1.

'V'

Smash Lord
Nope... He got 2 for the questions AND the anime comment. I'm doing more reporting now since I don't wanna get Sudai in trouble. Makes more sense that way anyway. Everyone else would be fine as to not post so much either. The count keeps going up too much in such a short period.

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
just wondering, mocha, you have a list of each person's account and you just add a tally mark by there name? or something similar? or are you just reporting post and keeping a head count? and is there an actual punishment that you give? or will the mods deal with it? thanks.

and this will be my last post for today. forget the wifi, my homework will take too long. sorry arc.

'V'

Smash Lord
just wondering, mocha, you have a list of each person's account and you just add a tally mark by there name? or something similar? or are you just reporting post and keeping a head count? and is there an actual punishment that you give? or will the mods deal with it? thanks.

and this will be my last post for today. forget the wifi, my homework will take too long. sorry arc.
Here's the thing. Either I can report people normally to the Atlantic South mods and let them do their thing for certain posts by certain users or I can go on Sudai's account and do the infracting myself, which for some cases I already have. I'm doing more reporting now though since it seems that'll be easier.

So people, STOP SPAMMING!!!

Thank you.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Is there anything in the rules against using other people accounts? Especially mods? I know there is a rule against creating an account to impersonate them. Idk. Just cool off on the post guys. Think before you post if you need to ask a butt load of questions about a character, each character board has their own Q&A thread as well as a social thread, majority compliments of Susa. There are also the back rooms at your disposal, you cant really be modded in there for spam, now multi post annoying spam will get you permy banned. Aside from that BRs are there.

Just throwing that out there.

'V'

Smash Lord
Is there anything in the rules against using other people accounts? Especially mods? I know there is a rule against creating an account to impersonate them. Idk. Just cool off on the post guys. Think before you post if you need to ask a butt load of questions about a character, each character board has their own Q&A thread as well as a social thread, majority compliments of Susa. There are also the back rooms at your disposal, you cant really be modded in there for spam, now multi post annoying spam will get you permy banned. Aside from that BRs are there.

Just throwing that out there.
Most useful post this whole night. Thank you, Bomber.

And just a heads up for those who didn't notice, there are 2 tourneys this Saturday. One for Melee and one for Brawl. The Melee one's gonna happen earlier, so you'll most likely have some time to play that before the Brawl one in case you're interested.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Anyone think it's ironic that one of the rules is no spamming, and the last like 10 posts (give or take) have been talking about the rules? I thought that's why we started this infraction **** in the first place.

'V'

Smash Lord
Anyone think it's ironic that one of the rules is no spamming, and the last like 10 posts (give or take) have been talking about the rules? I thought that's why we started this infraction **** in the first place.
It's to make sure people understand what rules are being broken and how they are being broken. We're offering advice and help to those who do not understand. It's relevant since it's discussion about part of the thread.

Redson

Smash Journeyman
I'm just going to say one thing, then I'm going to leave.

I think you're getting a little power-hungry, here, Mocha. I understand that you mean well, but don't let the power get to your head. In no time, you could end up being someone everybody hates.

Top Bottom