• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Hyro

Smash Lord
...I guess no one realizes this, but check his username. It's still yellow. He has no power. He's simply reporting posts which everyone can do. So if anything he's just being an ******* lol. But it's not like he's on some power hungry rampage XD

'V'

Smash Lord
If people knew how to keep a thread at least halfway decent, this wouldn't have to happen. Seriously, guys... Tone it down please.

Hyro

Smash Lord
nah hes been using sudais name to infract people, which is pretty against the overall mod rules but what do I care. Lol I think its funny
Thought he said he's done doing that

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
You guys and your nifty little facebooks....

Great idea ran. Does this mean the thread can go back to ****, since there is an "Official Tourney/Event Thread" aka facebook group? Or is the facebook group for the social part? Not that I like ****ty threads or anything....

Edit: what is an advanced slob pick?

-Ran

Smash Master
The Facebook is to save people time that don't care to read the thread that we have. It's all about posting events and information. Everyone please join it. I'm going to admin enough people from the various areas so that any event/info that needs to be posted will be easily done. I find facebook infinitely easier to check on my phone as well.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
So... What if I try to get a tourney at LSU for the first week of November?

What I think it will require:
1: Ask around and find possible venues/halls to hold one.
2: For those that can hold one, find dates they would be available.
3: Choose one.
4: Keep in touch with that person to make sure everything is secure.
5: Posters/ads galore!
6: Get a signup list for attendance/what people can bring.

Is this about right? I'll start with the Broussard Hall's lobby and the "Aquarium" room next to it. After that, where else could we hold one? The Union?

'V'

Smash Lord
Gary and I are looking into the Union actually since they use to hold Street Fighter tourneys there for the summer.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
edit: forgot we wren't suppose to s pam anymore

but i'm drunk..so i'm editing this into something ...uh.....contributory! (spell check says thats a word, ***s)

i miss taylor

'V'

Smash Lord
You were supposed to show me some Lucas tricks. What happened to that?
He quit a long time ago. And he was never pressured into coming back also, so he just stayed gone, something that I'm actually proud of him for. Pierre's awesome.

So... should I add events that aren't in hosted LA to the calendar so that people would be interested in going to OoS tourneys? Example: HOBO 20?

Sudai

Stuff here
I think you should, V. Calendar could be a kind of "Events we want to go to" thing. Of course all LA events would be up there. :p

I'd just make sure people know if things are on conflicting dates.

Pritch

Smash Lord
I'm just going to say one thing, then I'm going to leave.

I think you're getting a little power-hungry, here, Mocha. I understand that you mean well, but don't let the power get to your head. In no time, you could end up being someone everybody hates.
For the record, I'm totally behind vaughn here. This thread has been pretty ridiculous lately, it could use someone actually giving a rat's ***.

'V'

Smash Lord
I think you should, V. Calendar could be a kind of "Events we want to go to" thing. Of course all LA events would be up there. :p

I'd just make sure people know if things are on conflicting dates.
Cool. Though I'm not gonna go all around the boards looking for possible tourneys for people to go to. I just know tourneys like HOBO are the ones that LA people like to go to, so I figured I'd give them a heads up.

If you guys find a tourney, just post it here and I'll add it to the calendar.

And yay supporters!!

-Ran

Smash Master
Hey Vaughn, add a link to the Facebook page on the first page. Maybe hint on it in our title for a few days too. =v

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Gary and I are looking into the Union actually since they use to hold Street Fighter tourneys there for the summer.
When would this be? Cuz I plan on making one sooner than later, which is why I was aiming for Novmber 7.

Is anyone from NO doing anything this weekend? I know Arc and Hyro are out, but what about you other guys? Batto, Jio, Ran?

And what about Blaine?

'V'

Smash Lord
When would this be? Cuz I plan on making one sooner than later, which is why I was aiming for Novmber 7.
If we actually do end up getting it, it'll most likely be around the 3rd weekend of the month, just like the Gameware monthlies, only we could actually try to get it on a Saturday. By all means if you can get a place for the 7th, go ahead. It'll be good for you guys.

I've added HOBO 20 to the calendar and the link to the facebook page near the top of the OP. It shouldn't be hard to find.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Justin, I know one potential problem with holding events on campus happens when you collect money. Basically, if you hold an event on campus and take money, then you have to pay taxes/ fess, and rental fees of rooms in the Union go way up (i.e. they're there). I think this rule is for when the organization collects money as a for-profit kind of thing, which is what a tournament is not.

Depending on how this issue would work out, we can use Tiger Uppercut to get a room in the Union for free, for a whole day. If we have to pay taxes/ fees (because we collect a registration fee), then it probably wouldn't be worth it unless it's a large event.

Also, anyone else in Baton Rouge need a ride to Laffy Saturday? I'm leaning towards just going for Brawl, but it's still in the air.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace

Is anyone from NO doing anything this weekend? I know Arc and Hyro are out, but what about you other guys? Batto, Jio, Ran?

And what about Blaine?
There's a tourney in Laffy but my friend is comin down for the weekend. I might swing by for a minute.

Sudai

Stuff here
For the record, I'm totally behind vaughn here. This thread has been pretty ridiculous lately, it could use someone actually giving a rat's ***.
I agree. I kind of tried for a while. Had more fun semi-trolling after a while though. I won't troll while someone's actually trying to make something of the thread though. <3 V. :]

Cool. Though I'm not gonna go all around the boards looking for possible tourneys for people to go to. I just know tourneys like HOBO are the ones that LA people like to go to, so I figured I'd give them a heads up.

If you guys find a tourney, just post it here and I'll add it to the calendar.

And yay supporters!!
That's basically exactly what I meant, V. Haha. I wouldn't ask you to go all over the boards looking for things other people might be interested in. You're already doing more for the thread than I want you to do and I'm fairly confident you know why. :p

</hint: TOO NICE!>

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Thinking of going to Gameware(mall) Friday after school. You know just to chill and I also have $4 that kinda bothers me that I have so I figure I should use it at a cool place like Gameware and the arcade. Either that or I can use it towards the egg or toon link plush that I have had my eye on since I was last there. Regardless I'm just throwing that out there if anyone wants to come hang out.

On a side note, it's a little over a week until Voodoo Smash and I'm hoping to see as many of y'all there as possible. If you plan on coming and you have a table that you can bring let me know. So far I'm pretty sure I have one somewhere I can bring and I know Vaughn said he's try to get Nick's if he wasn't coming.

*pending announcement* When I went to the Chinese Inn I noticed a lack of outlets so what RJ and I will do is bring extension chords to help spread the set ups along the wall of the room. I figure that would help some, have an extension chord to a power strip and then have the other end to another power strip. I don't think we will need more than 2 (which will already be provided by me and RJ), but if it looks like we may need one or two more, I just want to keep you guys who are coming/pending/whatever, that we might need at most one or two more extension chords. Though I highly doubt it.

Sudai

Stuff here
TL;DR - Just get more extension chords if you can. lol (skip the rest if you don't wanna read about power strips)

You should probably look to get a few more extension chords that way you don't have to do power strip to power strip connections. While not super risky, it is an electrical and a fire hazard and if you short the place out or burn it down they probably wouldn't want you back, especially if it's the latter of the two. ;]

'V'

Smash Lord
I've got an extension chord and some power strips if you need them. Also I'll probably be at Gameware as well playing some game on their FC Twin like always, so yeah.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
TL;DR - Just get more extension chords if you can. lol (skip the rest if you don't wanna read about power strips)

You should probably look to get a few more extension chords that way you don't have to do power strip to power strip connections. While not super risky, it is an electrical and a fire hazard and if you short the place out or burn it down they probably wouldn't want you back, especially if it's the latter of the two. ;]
made me lol so much

I've got an extension chord and some power strips if you need them. Also I'll probably be at Gameware as well playing some game on their FC Twin like always, so yeah.
Being at Gameware and the extension chords+power strips: cool :D

Curlz

Smash Lord
I just got offered a Youtube Partnership! I can make money off of my Flying Pikachu Video.

I'm reading over the contract and I don't completely understand.

Guidelines on videos you can submit for revenue sharing
You should own all rights to the video!

Guidelines on videos you can submit for revenue sharing
You should own all rights to the video!

* What does this mean?
o Do not monetize:
+ A photograph...
+ Any music...
+ Any movie or TV visuals...
+ Any artwork...
+ Any play, theatrical work or concert...
+ ...unless you created the contents of the entire video or have permission of the person who created or produced it.
What does "monetize" mean and would I get in trouble for copyright by using this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdlqXNoq_YA

'V'

Smash Lord
Given the way they worded, I assume they mean don't steal anything. If you used something someone else made, then get their permission or something. That's what I gathered anyway.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Given the way they worded, I assume they mean don't steal anything. If you used something someone else made, then get their permission or something. That's what I gathered anyway.
So would I have to get permission from Nintendo to use a Pokemon video?

-Ran

Smash Master
Top Bottom