• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Happy birthday, Ran!

Btw, I figured I'd give in to peer pressure and get a sexy avatar. Also, I'm extremely bored. DOES ANYONE WANT TO PLAY SMASH?

Pritch

Smash Lord
I might come out to dibbz at some point tonight, and avery's been talking to me about heading over there too. I dunno though, a nap may be neccesary first, as I'm tired as hell right now. We'll see what happens.

EDIT: Dibbz is looking less likely for me, since some friends of mine are looking to play some risk and/or settlers of catan and/or cards of some variety, which means I can be entertained tonight without driving over to metarie. So we'll see what happens. If you're going to dibbz because you expect to play melee with me (avery) you should call/text me first to see if I'm actually going.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Since she isn't in her normal clothes, it's hard to tell; but she's Etna from Disgaea.

-edit-

Does anyone know how to fix a RRoD? I just bought a broken xbox for 20 bucks.
nice, can't fix it but still pretty good. There's a guy on craigslist that fixes em for $100 bucks...$120 not bad for a 360. And what's the relation between disgaea and makai kingdom? If there is one

Holy crap it's Ran's B-day? Happy, Birthday, Ran!
oh **** happy bday Ran, old smashers unite.

Cyphus, play me in netbattle sometime soon, I just got back into it and need someone good so i can work my way back to my UU team. Speaking of which, I think we should have a netbattle tourney. I won't mind running it or donating my laptop. All we need is one more and some wifi and we good to go.

edit: where did everybody go? I'm pretty drunk right now and have been since 3p...Hyro bring my wii next time i see u kinfolk

oathkeeper005

Smash Cadet
NNID
Oath_X
Being sick sucks, I was perfectly healthy this morning and halfway though work my throat got sore. Now Im burning up and cant breath though my nose. It wouldn't be half as bad if my mom didn't think I had the swine flu or something.

-Ran

Smash Master
Since she isn't in her normal clothes, it's hard to tell; but she's Etna from Disgaea.

-edit-

Does anyone know how to fix a RRoD? I just bought a broken xbox for 20 bucks.
Before you do anything, check and see if it's under warranty. You'd be amazed at how many people don't realize that their stuff was going to be covered. Most of the RRODs are caused due to the solder joints on the board coming undone. Evidently you can actually put it in the oven at a certain temperature to cause them to recure.

Also...

1 red light=Internal error (DVD drive or hard drive)
2 red lights=Overheated
3 red lights=General hardware failure
4 red lights=TV cable not connected properly

-Ran

Smash Master
Double post, but I don't care since it's Louisiana Backroom approved.

After discussion it, we have decided that the following codes are now going to be fully endorsed and used during our tournaments in Louisiana:
No Tripping.
Infinite replay.

I shall make a custon SD card with these codes on them. Due to a recent exploit found in Brawl, you do not need to hack your Wii in order to run GeckoOs. All of the files that will be needed will be on the Sd card. There will be an easy way for everyone to tell the codes are active to prevent Johns. I am going to organize the character select screen to have the current tier list in order. This way, if a Wii is restarted it will be immediately possible to know if the codes aren't on.

Our reasoning, in regards to Tripping is that it is simply a random event that provides no tactical advantage to anyone. You cannot count on tripping, and you cannot rely on it not to occur. We have all witnessed times when someone is perfectly spacing, only to trip into a situation where they quickly take damage that due to their own skill level would not have occurred.

'V'

Smash Lord
Double post, but I don't care since it's Louisiana Backroom approved.

After discussion it, we have decided that the following codes are now going to be fully endorsed and used during our tournaments in Louisiana:
No Tripping.
Infinite replay.

I shall make a custon SD card with these codes on them. Due to a recent exploit found in Brawl, you do not need to hack your Wii in order to run GeckoOs. All of the files that will be needed will be on the Sd card. There will be an easy way for everyone to tell the codes are active to prevent Johns. I am going to organize the character select screen to have the current tier list in order. This way, if a Wii is restarted it will be immediately possible to know if the codes aren't on.

Our reasoning, in regards to Tripping is that it is simply a random event that provides no tactical advantage to anyone. You cannot count on tripping, and you cannot rely on it not to occur. We have all witnessed times when someone is perfectly spacing, only to trip into a situation where they quickly take damage that due to their own skill level would not have occurred.
And with that, the OP has been updated once more.

Everyone should also take note that the date for the Lafayette Play N' Trade has been pushed back to the 24th, which is Saturday of next week and it is also the same day as the Melee tourney @ AB2.

Flounda and Varuna, is there any possible way you can merge your two events together so that people will be able to do both at once?

-Ran

Smash Master
Alright, I've now created a codes file as well as tested the method for it. Everything is all happy and working. It's SUPER clear that the codes are active since the character select screen is now organized in tier order.

Process is basically:
Load Brawl.
Go to Stage builder.
Gecko OS Loads.
Load Brawl.
DONE!

I'm going to be testing the process all week to make sure there aren't any bugs.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Good job, Ran. And just a question, but were you the Snake I was playing Friday? I swear I didn't know. And the next Brawl tournament this month is on Halloween guys, the date is slowly approaching. If I don't get enough ppl to come then we'll just cancel it and go to the 13th Gate or something.

On another note, I've come to the conclusion that I suck at Brawl for a few reasons.
1. Predictability(I do the same ****, b/c I nvr think when I play lol)
2. Lack of AT usage( I pretty much only use glide tossing, go figure)
3. I'm stupid(I just simply make bad decisions that a lot of ppl capitalize on)

These problems can be fixed and if they were, I'd be a much better player. I did better with Sonic Friday than Diddy, but Sonic was who I was intended to main in the 1st place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIkJvY96i8w<--vid of my early Sonic

-Ran

Smash Master
No, that wasn't me. I didn't go to Gameware.

Ps: Updated my avatar to match our new sexy-required standards.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Ran, upload the GCT file that we'll be using to megaupload and post the link. That way we'll all have it on our SD card and can load brawl that way. And can you also post a link that talks about this new way to load gecko? I've never heard of loading it without homebrew lol

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Before you do anything, check and see if it's under warranty. You'd be amazed at how many people don't realize that their stuff was going to be covered. Most of the RRODs are caused due to the solder joints on the board coming undone. Evidently you can actually put it in the oven at a certain temperature to cause them to recure.

Also...

1 red light=Internal error (DVD drive or hard drive)
2 red lights=Overheated
3 red lights=General hardware failure
4 red lights=TV cable not connected properly
Thanks guys. I'm pretty sure it isn't under warranty, but I'll check anyways. :]]]]

Hyro

Smash Lord
Wow, I'm playing that scribblenauts game for the DS and it's really fun. I played on the main menu screen for about 2 hours before I even started the game lol. You literally type any word you want and it'll come to life in the game. I started out with apple. Then I wrote dog. Then I randomly wrote armadillo to see how wild you could get. It actually worked. But then the armadillo rolled up into a ball cuz the dog scared it 0_o

So then I deleted them and wrote Elephant. I could ride the elephant. Now I knew this wouldn't work, but I wrote mouse. The elephant was actually afraid of the mouse lolol. Meanwhile, at the main menu screen I've been unlocking various settings (backgrounds). I wrote cop. Then I wrote robber. The cop shot the robber. I wrote vampire. Then I made me a gun. I tried to kill the vampire, it didn't work. I made a knife and tried stabbing him but it didn't work. I wrote "wooden stake" and stabbed him. He died. This game is deep lol. I just started adventure mode, it's pretty fun.

So yeah...if you got an r4, download it...thanks arc lol

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Wow, I'm playing that scribblenauts game for the DS and it's really fun. I played on the main menu screen for about 2 hours before I even started the game lol. You literally type any word you want and it'll come to life in the game. I started out with apple. Then I wrote dog. Then I randomly wrote armadillo to see how wild you could get. It actually worked. But then the armadillo rolled up into a ball cuz the dog scared it 0_o

So then I deleted them and wrote Elephant. I could ride the elephant. Now I knew this wouldn't work, but I wrote mouse. The elephant was actually afraid of the mouse lolol. Meanwhile, at the main menu screen I've been unlocking various settings (backgrounds). I wrote cop. Then I wrote robber. The cop shot the robber. I wrote vampire. Then I made me a gun. I tried to kill the vampire, it didn't work. I made a knife and tried stabbing him but it didn't work. I wrote "wooden stake" and stabbed him. He died. This game is deep lol. I just started adventure mode, it's pretty fun.

HELLZ YEAH HYRO!

SCRIBBLENAUTS FTW.

I don't own it but I played it. It's awesome. HYRO USE GOD, IT WORKS!

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
No tripping? Awesome!

If you write put an atheist and a god in the same area, the god goes after the atheist. Yep yep, fun times in Scribblenauts.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
No tripping? Awesome!

If you write put an atheist and a god in the same area, the god goes after the atheist. Yep yep, fun times in Scribblenauts.
that sounds like fun. I would put like 10 Gods against 100 atheists and see what would happen. lol paganism?

-Ran

Smash Master
Tales of Vesperia
Dead Rising
Lost Odyssey
Mass Effect
Fall Out 3 [Game of the Year edition is out, so all the DLC for basically free.]
Batman.

RickyB

Smash Cadet
so iceman, like i just kind of had an epiphany after reading a few of your posts...
I just realized that your extremely intellectual. Aren't you in like med school are something?

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying to make it to PT school. If I went to class half the time, I'd probably be there already. I've been having senioritis since sophomore year.

School doesn't teach me what I really need to know, however. I owe it all to the almighty Philosoraptor.
In his own words:
"Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected become the expected?"
"Why date when one can ****?"
"If police proportionally benefit from illegal activities, how do we tell them apart from the criminals?"
"If they squeeze olives to get olive oil, what do they squeeze to get baby oil?"
"We avoid risks in life, only so we can make it safely to death."
"The first man to milk a cow, what the **** was he doing there?" Yeah, you just can't learn that in school.

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
Good job, Ran. And just a question, but were you the Snake I was playing Friday? I swear I didn't know. And the next Brawl tournament this month is on Halloween guys, the date is slowly approaching. If I don't get enough ppl to come then we'll just cancel it and go to the 13th Gate or something.

On another note, I've come to the conclusion that I suck at Brawl for a few reasons.
1. Predictability(I do the same ****, b/c I nvr think when I play lol)
2. Lack of AT usage( I pretty much only use glide tossing, go figure)
3. I'm stupid(I just simply make bad decisions that a lot of ppl capitalize on)

These problems can be fixed and if they were, I'd be a much better player. I did better with Sonic Friday than Diddy, but Sonic was who I was intended to main in the 1st place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIkJvY96i8w<--vid of my early Sonic
i need to play you meta sonic. i have the same problems, so it seems like you would be a good match for me.

.....i just got barrel roll'd.... ****

ChKn

Smash Ace
And with that, the OP has been updated once more.

Everyone should also take note that the date for the Lafayette Play N' Trade has been pushed back to the 24th, which is Saturday of next week and it is also the same day as the Melee tourney @ AB2.

Flounda and Varuna, is there any possible way you can merge your two events together so that people will be able to do both at once?
As of Thursday, I literally have no say so in the time that it is run or running the brackets after talking to the manager. I just have say so in the rules. Luckily, it's at 6 PM and most of the main events for AB2 should be completed. If anything gets messed up Saturday at PnT, I just won't ask them to make a tournament. Hopefully, they'll be open minded about seedings, since the manager agreed to use tio.

Battousai780

Smash Ace

Type Cthulhu for awesomeness.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Where the vids supposed to be it says, "An error occured, please try again later."

Top Bottom