• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

-Ran

Smash Master
Common sense, but...

Hyro, make sure you have a lot of trash bags that are black. Make sure you have lots of places for people to throw away their trash, etc. Get plastic cups/paper plates for food, etc. Don't use anything that is actually from your apartment. Make sure you have some Resolve in case someone spills/pukes. Also make sure you have some Lysol of whatever kind your parent uses to spray when we leave, etc. After we're done with the party, throw everything into a dumpster. =v

Curlz

Smash Lord
To avoid confusion:

$5 Venue Fee

(If we decide to do doubles)
$5 Singles Fee
$5 Doubles Fee ($10 per team)

(If we decide not to do doubles)
$10 Singles Fee

I will decide the day of the tournament whether we're doing doubles or not. It all depends on the turnout.

Because I've been sick/busy these past couple of weeks I wasn't able to advertise much, so the tournament tomorrow is basically by word of mouth. Its also on The Underground Sea's myspace which has 2000+ friends. I'm hoping to get a decent amount of singles, but I'm not sure.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
That Battou guy is pretty flamin IRL.
Well I don't recall Zigsta ever being a want-to-be film producer from Dell.

I also don't recall a MetaSonic who doesn't want 12-15yr olds b/t his legs

I dont recall a bomber who has yet to make GameStop (starting on College Dr.) a towering INFERNO AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!....... blow something up.

;P

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
The hatches are open!

I think I'm going to have to pass Vaughn, cuz it looks like some other stuff has come up for the time being. I hope everyone has fun Friday and Saturday though. =)

I still poop stars. Srsly.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Common sense, but...

Hyro, make sure you have a lot of trash bags that are black. Make sure you have lots of places for people to throw away their trash, etc. Get plastic cups/paper plates for food, etc. Don't use anything that is actually from your apartment. Make sure you have some Resolve in case someone spills/pukes. Also make sure you have some Lysol of whatever kind your parent uses to spray when we leave, etc. After we're done with the party, throw everything into a dumpster. =v
Why does the color of the trashbag matter?
Trash everywhere is fine, I'll be cleaning it all up the next day.
Plastic cups sound good...but why paper plates? Ppl will be eating out, not here
and yup, planning on the dumpster.

-Ran

Smash Master
Black bags are thicker and thus won't break or puncture easily which can make a really big mess at the wrong time. Plastic plates in case someone brings food over, that way you don't use any plates. You want to avoid people using things that might magically break on accident.

Hyro

Smash Lord
I have white garbage bags. But their GLAD and I'm pretty sure glad is top tier in garbage bag non breaking-ing. I don't mind too much if people use dishes, last time they did I just loaded the dishwasher and unloaded it. I don't have to be too careful...but the only thing I'm worried about is beer/puke on the carpet...but I'm sure ppl will be careful.

Oh, if everyone can, leave Sunday morning, I have school the next day

LOLNICK

Thats my favorite movie, we used to watch it at every CHURCH party we had, seen it like 10 times XD

Pritch

Smash Lord
I have white garbage bags. But their GLAD and I'm pretty sure glad is top tier in garbage bag non breaking-ing. I don't mind too much if people use dishes, last time they did I just loaded the dishwasher and unloaded it. I don't have to be too careful...but the only thing I'm worried about is beer/puke on the carpet...but I'm sure ppl will be careful.
Never underestimate the drunk man's ability to break things. Paper plates, bro, paper plates. Trust me on this one. My roommate had hangs like this just about every week last year and almost none of them went by without someone spilling/breaking something.

Basically just do everything Ran said, he seems to know what's up.

can't recall really too many people who act IRL like they do on these boards. :/
I'd like to think I'm pretty consistent...

Also, Matt texted me earlier about more melee at dibbz tonight. Anyone else interested in such shenanigans?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811

Oh, if everyone can, leave Sunday morning, I have school the next day

LOLNICK

Thats my favorite movie, we used to watch it at every CHURCH party we had, seen it like 10 times XD
Watching Dodgeball at church too good.

I use that quote a lot, haha. Thank you, Patches O'Hoolihan.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Never underestimate the drunk man's ability to break things. Paper plates, bro, paper plates. Trust me on this one. My roommate had hangs like this just about every week last year and almost none of them went by without someone spilling/breaking something.
Someone bring some plastic stuff plz :(

Hey while you guys are at dibbz, can you tell Matt about saturday? And if you see john wu/ricky/chad, tell them too. But don't tell ppl I don't know lol

CJ the Illest

Smash Cadet
hey everyone.. its been years since ive played smash.
i miss yall.. its been a long long time. school-football- and work [i got a job at appleebees] has kept me occupied. and the fact that i sold my wii a long time ago hasnt helped either.
i miss everyone... i jus wanted to stop by and tell everyone that i havnt died and that ill try to show up to the next tourny.. :]
looks like lee continues to dominate.

'V'

Smash Lord
Why is it that this thread always manages to go about 30 posts without me knowing? =P

Anyway... So I've just got Nitez and JNig with me tomorrow. That's cool with me. I'll be printing out the reference sheets tonight along with getting my stuff together tomorrow.

Curlz, you said the venue fee was lifted for setups, huh? Just making sure, here. Cuz I don't think Sudai's going, so I'm bringing my Wii and Brawl too. SD card just in case.

-Ran

Smash Master
hey everyone.. its been years since ive played smash.
i miss yall.. its been a long long time. school-football- and work [i got a job at appleebees] has kept me occupied. and the fact that i sold my wii a long time ago hasnt helped either.
i miss everyone... i jus wanted to stop by and tell everyone that i havnt died and that ill try to show up to the next tourny.. :]
looks like lee continues to dominate.
Years? =p No johns!

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I think it's something that all of us share personally... :chuckle:
I don't know man, you should see me in the Toon Link General Discussion BR, I can post in there and kill the discussion for like at least 30 minutes and keep and eye on it for that amount of time and then leave, come back 10 minutes later and like there are a million new posts.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Your mom kills more discussions than you. ;P

Edit: @Vaughn- Yeah the BR group is the most active and it only took us from Dec of last year all the way till like March or April to pass up the Steak Break room in posts, and we only have like no more than 10 regular posters. :D

Top Bottom