• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

F

Fahey

HyRo: Son, I think I'll be going tomorrow, just let me know when you can start having people over. I think I'll be hitting up some Popeyes that night.

Nick: Please tell me you're going to HyRo's? I miss you man. . . but not in a gay way or anything. . .

Lee: Diarrhea.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
So I'm out of a job that I never even to to work at. :[ I feel really sad because I was really excited to go into work for my first day today, but you know what....

LIFE ****ING DROPPED A MOTHER ****ING BOMB ON ME THIS MORNING :mad:

life johns are serious **** with me :[

I should stop whining, I'm starting to annoy myself.

Edit: NITES, I'll try to make it Monday, my sis was telling me how she doesn't want to be running all over town Monday plus my mom pushed my appointment for Spencer's to Monday so I wont get my pictures till then.
Well David said his dad has given us the time limit from the afternoon till closing. Talk about having extremely nice parents. So we have quite some time to play, right now we have me, you, RJ, and Vaughn coming. I'm guessing ppl will be able to make their final decision about coming either tomorrow or Sunday since most are still in Newberia.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Well David said his dad has given us the time limit from the afternoon till closing. Talk about having extremely nice parents. So we have quite some time to play, right now we have me, you, RJ, and Vaughn coming. I'm guessing ppl will be able to make their final decision about coming either tomorrow or Sunday since most are still in Newberia.
well whether or not people come we shouldn't let that bother us, we are gonna have some fun! WOOT!

really I don't even think we will touch Brawl at all, at most maybe the last 30 minutes of the day. Aside from that we will be too busy on the Xbox.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
well whether or not people come we shouldn't let that bother us, we are gonna have some fun! WOOT!

really I don't even think we will touch Brawl at all, at most maybe the last 30 minutes of the day. Aside from that we will be too busy on the Xbox.
I'm lookin forward to it! I wanted to atleast do SOMETHING this weekend. It may not be goin Oot, but it's still something. So now that I know the Fair Week days, it's time to look for costumes :laugh:

Curlz

Smash Lord
This tournament failed. only 2 locals showed up and they played PSA B+ all night.

Results:

Random Singles: 6 Entrants

1. Lee
2. Mocha
3. JNig
4. Roni
5. Desmond
6. Curlz

Singles: 10 Entrants

1. Lee (?) - $35
2. Roni (MK/Falco) - $10
3. Mocha (Zelda) - $5
4. JNig (Wario)
5. Arcadia (Falco)
5. Hyro (TL)
7. Ran (Snake)
7. Mychal (Falco)
9. Flounda (Marth)
9. Curlz (Jiggs/ROB)

Lafayette has some definite representation. xD
Blah blah! Fail. Blah blah.

It was an interesting night, but not one of the best tournaments I've been to.

'V'

Smash Lord
Actually... Have you noticed that all the Laffy players placed next to each other, then the N.O. guys, then the B.R. guys, and then the Houma guys?

Weird...

Edit: The Brawl Backroom has finally updated its stage list (it's on the OP). Now this does not mean that TO's have to follow this format exactly, but it's a representation of what LA's more experienced players feel is fair and fun.

Think of it as more of a guideline, but don't let it ruin your creative tastes in tourneys. Experiment with a few things and be somewhat creative.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Wish I would've came, but then again, had it been done in BR, it probably would've been a better turnout and I would've been able to attend. Well anyway, with this week ending in Hyro's beer bash, in order to give people a heads up of what to expect this coming week, it will start with gaming and end with it too. On this Monday(Columbus Day) people, you are welcome to come over to David's(Chinese Inn) and bring games as well. He has 2 TVs for usage, but me and Bomb figure we could use atleast 2 more. David has a 360, I think Bomb is bring the Brawl stuff, and others are welcome to bring other things. To top that off, it's a 4-day school week!(yay) And Friday will be GW and I will be there. Hopefully someone will bring a Brawl set-up since there'll be room for them. I'll also bring my Smash 64 cartridge incase anyone wants to play that before the MK64 tourney.

Hyro

Smash Lord
If you're coming tomorrow bring setups and don't touch anything. Don't eat anything. Don't drink any LIQUOR that's on the counters, shelves fridge, etc. Not ours. Ask before drinking and I'll let you know if it's ours to drink.

And BRING POWERSTIPS

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
What's a powerstip?

And what is this liquor you speak of? Oh, and Sudie, call me when you read this, muh****a.
Living vicariously through your son is unethical, living bicuriously through your son is illegal.

RickyB

Smash Cadet
Ricky i did my homework..... I was at the store and I flirted with an older woman who was married....... I said wow ur an amazing shopper, she ignored me then I said u need any help and she said no thanks.... then I said how about I pay for those groceries....she said thats sweet, then i said actually i dont have any money but when u look this good u dont need any... she laughed and roled her eyes... then I said how bout I bag ur groceries and walk u to ur car...She hesistated (i could see her getting slightly anoyed) she said no thanks....so i followed her..... She said shouldnt u be going now...I called her bluff and stayed...she said what do u want anyways, I said ummm just ur company is nice....I walked back with her to her car helping her load her grocerceies. She said so what exactley were u doing in the store? I said just browsing..... she then asked what my intentions were and I said homework... she said what kind of homework is this? I said it was to find the most beatiful woman in the world, she then pointed out she was married and had 3 kids....I asked her how long shed been married and her kids names we chatted for a few more minutes then she said its about time I get going and I said nice meeting you.....then she drove away
No lie that is very bad ***. Most people could not do that and what you said sounds pretty smooth.
" she said what kind of homework is this? I said it was to find the most beatiful woman in the world" this line was pimp. congrats

also i woke up feeling pretty sick again. Idk if i can handled Hyro's

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'll bring melee because technically you can use that for your Wii so I'lll have it for my friends who want to play it. Sure I'll play Brawl but it would only be with friends plus I'm not in the mood for Brawl right now :/ I want to play the other games we are bringing.

'V'

Smash Lord
i'll Bring Melee Because Technically You Can Use That For Your Wii So I'lll Have It For My Friends Who Want To Play It. Sure I'll Play Brawl But It Would Only Be With Friends Plus I'm Not In The Mood For Brawl Right Now :/ I Want To Play The Other Games We Are Bringing.
Yaaaaaaaay!!!!

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Important Announcment for Voodoo Smash

It's October 10th guys, this is the time we need be told, who's coming, who's not, who's bringing set-ups and who's not and we really need set-ups.

If you don't know what the place looks like, I threw a link inside of Chinese Inn so that way all you have to do is click on it and you will be directed to a picture of it.

Let me know ASAP! You guys have had a while to think and plan about this if you wanted to come.

So far the only set-ups are me and Vaughn (who I wont need to use his car anymore for storage, thanks though)

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
It's October 10th guys, this is the time we need be told, who's coming, who's not, who's bringing set-ups and who's not and we really need set-ups.

If you don't know what the place looks like, I threw a link inside of Chinese Inn so that way all you have to do is click on it and you will be directed to a picture of it.

Let me know ASAP! You guys have had a while to think and plan about this if you wanted to come.

So far the only set-ups are me and Vaughn (who I wont need to use his car anymore for storage, thanks though)
And while you're at it, sign-up or give me a notification as to whether you will be coming to the place Monday and what you'll be bringing. This is the perfect opportunity for you guys to actually see what to expect and not only that, but to have a lot of fun with casual gaming. Brawl will be there, but they'll also be ODST, BlazBlue, and whatever you guys decide to bring. For more info on this Monday, please contact me.

As for Bomber's announcement, please let us know that, but in order to avoid confusion be sure to let us know in the Voodoo Smash thread. As for here, let me know if you're coming Monday, what you will bring, and more importantly have fun. Just a chill Columbus Day off, so why not casual game. But seeing as Dominic's announcement is a lot more important, please take care of letting him know first!!!

Bomber7

Smash Hero
And while you're at it, sign-up or give me a notification as to whether you will be coming to the place Monday and what you'll be bringing. This is the perfect opportunity for you guys to actually see what to expect and not only that, but to have a lot of fun with casual gaming. Brawl will be there, but they'll also be ODST, BlazBlue, and whatever you guys decide to bring. For more info on this Monday, please contact me.

As for Bomber's announcement, please let us know that, but in order to avoid confusion be sure to let us know in the Voodoo Smash thread. As for here, let me know if you're coming Monday, what you will bring, and more importantly have fun. Just a chill Columbus Day off, so why not casual game. But seeing as Dominic's announcement is a lot more important, please take care of letting him know first!!!
Any form of messaging is acceptable or call us up if you somehow know our numbers.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
This thread has been pretty dead today. Then again, there's a reason, there's a big game for LSU today xD. Yo Bomb, have you checked out the new Super Smash Flash demo? It's pretty fun

Bomber7

Smash Hero
everyone who didn't get a ticket is at hyros

so it's pretty much either you are at the game or you are playing games while watching the game at Hyros and I'm going to go look through my old *** games and see what I can play. If I had a Xbox, I'd be playing the new Halo game because that looks amazing.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
everyone who didn't get a ticket is at hyros

so it's pretty much either you are at the game or you are playing games while watching the game at Hyros and I'm going to go look through my old *** games and see what I can play. If I had a Xbox, I'd be playing the new Halo game because that looks amazing.
You shall get your chance to play ODST on Monday. Why don't you check out the new Smash demo. It's pretty fun and almost identical to Brawl. www.mcleodgaming.com and it should be one of the links at the top. Naruto=top tier :laugh:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I WANT TO ****ING SHOOT SOMETHING NOW OR BLOW **** UP! NOOOOOWWWWW!!!!!! I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO PLAY!

Starwars BF 1 is just flat out broken(MK broken not literally) and I'm not about to touch World at War because that was a piece of **** for the Wii.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Bomber you still want me to run TIO at the tourney? I'm so bored, we had a garage sale today and we got 147. I got 50 and feeling pretty good. Now I'm going to hook up brawl.
yeah. If I'm busy playing and you aren't and someone needs to report in, you can do it. Though we will use my laptop for the tourny so don't worry about bringing yours.

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
I may not be at Hyro's, but I'm with you crazy *******s in spirit... I'm drinking while watching the LSU game, so I hope everyone is having fun. I miss you guys, especially Lee, Fahey, r0ni, Cyph, etc. Vaughn and Subai <3333333333333333333333333344445.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I may not be at Hyro's, but I'm with you crazy *******s in spirit... I'm drinking while watching the LSU game, so I hope everyone is having fun. I miss you guys, especially Lee, Fahey, r0ni, Cyph, etc. Vaughn and Subai <3333333333333333333333333344445.
Yea, some fun I'm having. I'm looking at and talking to disappointed friends. We couldn't do **** the whole game but watch them struggle and piss us off. I know Florida's a good team, but cmon, we couldn't even make a successful drive downfield, we cuoldn't even put a stop to simple plays that FL ran.

I sure hope those guys are having fun at HyRo's. Only thing I really have to look forward to is Monday and casual gaming, since the Saints have a bye. Right now, we have 4 people coming to David's on Monday and pretty much no one else has said anything about it. :dizzy:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
could care less about football. I don't like watching it, it's even more boring in person at the stadium oddly enough, I think it's because you aren't at home with friends and good food and stuff, but anyway, yeah. Can't win them all, plus it's SEC we wen't against and it's Floda they usually always good.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
could care less about football. I don't like watching it, it's even more boring in person at the stadium oddly enough, I think it's because you aren't at home with friends and good food and stuff, but anyway, yeah. Can't win them all, plus it's SEC we wen't against and it's Floda they usually always good.
And we're usually always better, but I don't feel like talking about football. I'm moreso worried about tomorrow and who will be coming. We still only know that 4 people are coming and I think we need more than that. :dizzy:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
And we're usually always better, but I don't feel like talking about football. I'm moreso worried about tomorrow and who will be coming. We still only know that 4 people are coming and I think we need more than that. :dizzy:
hey Nites, wana buy a tea bathed duck? XD

Sudai

Stuff here
I'm not reading anything I missed this weekend. Tired as ****. Thanks for having us over Hyro. Sorry I played like a ****** in poker, there were just so many flushes at the opening it was ********.

Top Bottom