• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
just about everyone here knows who I am and I'm mediocre. I gave up on getting good a looooong time ago. Now I just play to play, no matter what my rank because I'm realizing that I shouldn't be taking the game all to seriously and that it's definitely not life like some people take it. :l

eet

Smash Ace
^ That's my philosophy, too. And frankly, I love Lee, but I'm tired of giving him money. lol.

I think November should have a max of like two tournies, with the rest being smashfests and random get togethers. We're all friends, so why do we play for money still ? Unless you guys care? I dunno .. I jus dont. lol.

But I guess money feeds people to play better and have "serious brawl". :D Plus tournies are fun every once in a while.

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
I'm with eet, needs more fun stuff and hang outs. I just saw some smash 64 vids that nearly blew my mind, we should hang and play that for no reason. Lol.

I <3 bwett btw.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Not that sudai would know, OH! (lawl jus' kidding)

and idk about monday meta. i might tag a long with vaughn but i dunno since i do have class still.

edit.

anyone play, or wanna get a beta test id to play League of Legends??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_of_Legends
Don't worry, I'm pretty sure you can make even if it's after class. The whole thing is going to be like all day, from 12 to whenever people have to leave. I'm hoping that more people can come to, it should be fun.

'V'

Smash Lord
But I thought you didn't even like it, doesn't that kinda make it worthless altogether?
Yes... Yes it does.

Edit: One day we're gonna find a different game that most people will enjoy and not take to a super serious level. And it'll be a good day...

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Yes... Yes it does.

Edit: One day we're gonna find a different game that most people will enjoy and not take to a super serious level. And it'll be a good day...
you're wishing for peace Mocha, which will never happen unless everyone in the world is dead, or in this case, we stop making games.

'V'

Smash Lord
you're wishing for peace Mocha, which will never happen unless everyone in the world is dead, or in this case, we stop making games.
Sad truth is sad, huh?

Anyway, what should I bring to your thing tomorrow? Or do I need to bring anything?

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Sad truth is sad, huh?

Anyway, what should I bring to your thing tomorrow? Or do I need to bring anything?
Bring whatever you please, currently David has 2 TVs for use, but it couldn't hurt to bring 1 more. I'd say bring games for 360 and Wii since we plan to do more than just play Brawl. Is anyone else here, coming with us tomorrow? It would be good to actually know now, instead of tomorrow, so we can know what to expect.

-Ran

Smash Master
Oh yea Hyro. Don't forget that you need to INCREASE THE BLIND. What you did is considered SOUL DESTROYING by poker players. No Blind games run on for half a day, or longer.

Hyro

Smash Lord
No we did raise blinds. Every 2 people who got out we doubled the blinds. So it went form 25-50, to 50-100, to 100-200, to 200-400. After it was just me and arc, THAT'S when I stopped raising blinds cuz I wasn't thinking. I shoulda set a timer after that. But it didn't mess with the game at all, only dragged out the game between me and arc.

-Ran

Smash Master
And made you go crazy. I saw the eyes of a man that had lost all hope when you were playing.

PS: From the 12-28th I'm not going to be all too active with Smash. One of my best friends is coming back from Officer Training School in the Navy. He's only down for a short time, and we haven't seen him in a hundred and some odd days. After he leaves again, we will be lucky to see him again in six months. q.q

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
I should have gone to hyro's. I miss that ******. Hyro, remember when we took down that fifth of Jack Daniels like real men? But you threw up everywhere? but before than we totally had bonds of men going on.

That was bad ***. Anyway. I'm awesome and miss roni.

Hyro

Smash Lord
yeah I remember freddy...some of it lol

Nick, whatcha mean? When did I take your SD card?

It was fun yesterday guys, thanks for coming. The house is spotless and everything is back to how it was before you guys came over. Just a couple things, Vaughn/Sudai, I'm missing my GC memory card (white one with 1059 blocks) and my Sonic Adventure 2 Battle disc, I remember you guys needed to use it, where'd you put it? Or did you need to borrow them with the GBA/GC cable and GBA SP sudai?

'V'

Smash Lord
Just a couple things, Vaughn/Sudai, I'm missing my GC memory card (white one with 1059 blocks) and my Sonic Adventure 2 Battle disc, I remember you guys needed to use it, where'd you put it? Or did you need to borrow them with the GBA/GC cable and GBA SP sudai?
*Points to Sudai* He stole it!!! He stole ALL of it!!! ;)

My favorite song in a video game ever: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MliMNkKj0u0

Sudai

Stuff here
Hyro, I did take SA2:B, thought I talked to you about that already, sorry for that one. As for the memory card, I took it thinking it was my own. I'll give either to Lee this weekend when we go to Dallas if you need/want em back asap. Just realized I took your memory card when I went to go into the Chao garden. Sorry.

Kates893

Smash Apprentice
I think I left my controller at Hyros? :/ Its a blue top, clear back like lee's without all the crazy *** stickers on it. let me know if you see it and maybe send it with sudai this weekend when he comes to dallas?:D

Hyro

Smash Lord
Nik, nah you never gave me an SD card. I remember at the Baton Rouge Monthly at Rocket's Hideout that I did ask about replays, but I just went around to the wiis collecting them.

It's cool Sudai, thanks.

Katie, yeah, you left it here, lee picked it up so I guess get it back from him at Dallas.

Batto, I have you're controller.

Someone left a black controller here too, looked pretty grimey, lemme know if it's yours.

And last thing, I'm missing a silver controller, the back of it is worn out so it looks like it has a white v on it. Lemme know if someone picked it up on accident.

Sudai

Stuff here
Hyro, a lot of controllers are like that. Eric said he thought we had more controllers in my car than we should have. Pretty sure he only brought two, so if he has his two and I have any extra in my car, it's prolly yours. I didn't take this though. I took all the Sonic stuff, controller was someone else's doing if it's in my car. lol

Let you know tomorrow if it's there.

-Ran

Smash Master
I only have my two controllers, the one white and one silver that's beat up. I need to mark them, especially now that everyone has a white controller. Lol.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Yeah lol I penciled my white controller, and I can usually recognize my silver one cuz the wear in the middle on the back is like perfectly symmetrical v lol thanks sudai

-Ran

Smash Master
Katie is going to be power ranked if/when she moves back to Louisiana.

Ps: Just bought a recording set up on Ebay for like 5 bucks, all I need to do is get my splitter cables and then I should be able to start recording matches. Hopefully this will be an incentive to those in New Orleans to come play Brawl at Dibbz to get their stuff on youtube.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Casual Columbus Gaming Day
Where: The Chinese Inn
When: Today
Time: From 12-whenever people have to leave
What to bring: Controllers, a TV(if ya want), 360 and Wii games

Confirmed Attendees:
NiTEZ
Bomber
RjPunch
eet