• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
Lawl, no love for teh cupcakes? XP I kinda expected cookie cake to do well... I mean, who doesn't love cookie cake (Read: RickyB... still <3 u tho. =3)

So the tally is:
1:i(i)
2:iiii(ii[iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii])
3:

Parenthesis is people not going and revotes, while brackets is every vote from Lee past the first {which were observed but don't count to the vote. XP}... So as of now, I'll try and go get that order put in for a cookie cake Friday or something. How much do those things run again? >.>

D

Deleted member

ok so, cookie cakes ftw. my favorite.

and nes, i might mm you after like 30 mins of friendlies lol. i feel like im as good as you are but la has no good capt falcon experience. once i got used to it we would probably have a really heated match. don't hold me too that though; we'll see.

im drunk and thank god for firefox spell check. i really need someone who i can trust really well to talk to me soon. im mostly looking at sudai because a: i can trust him as well as any of my other close friends and b: he's not directly in my life to make any slips in conversation to my other friends. too good.

someone call me plz. im relatively a basket case right now.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Lee took my Pride card. His Falcon TOO good.

PS: I know we've been going to Texas a lot, anyone want to go check out another state's tournament sometime? I have nothing in mind. =D
Florida does stuff. I know people in florida and could probably arrange couches to crash on and the like if we go to Fl stuff. Only problem is good florida stuff tends to be central fl, which is a bit of a trek. Also obviously for me to come along it would probably have to involve melee in some capacity, since 6+ hours is a long way to go to be that guy with the melee setup at the brawl tourney. That really probably isn't much of an issue though, since brawl-only tournies are pretty rare in Fl.

Also there's been some talk (mainly me, freddy, and taylor) about going to tipped off in GA in january. Since the tourney's only melee I don't know who all would be interested, but I thought I'd throw that out there.

Popertop

Smash Champion
OUCH.

I'll love to make you eat those words next time I have a match with you, eh?

@Popertop: FAIL.
failbot says eat your own words.
or MM me.

what is the whole "gauge is rising" thing from anyway?
I only heard it once on the simpsons episode where it's making fun of The Shining.

And RickyB, I love your avatar I laugh everytime I look at it.

ANd Sudia, do you have those vids or was it on someone else's capture device?

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
been playing chronotrigger for DS these past 9 days
got all my party to level 49 so far. Defeated the black omen..but the core of lavos beat the **** out of me.
i'm still very confused w/ much of the story...its difficult to recall the POINT of all these sidequests...rainbowshell? 2 special stones? ugh...and i CANNOT find my time machine ship...asd;flkajsf;l

regardless pretty ****ing amazing game. also playing animal crossing w/ my gf (made her get the game, she likes)
but yea, i hadn't touched brawl in almost 2 weeks now. everyone is gonna beat me up next smashfest.

i didn't request off of work for the dibbz tourney, cuz it would look pretty bad after requesting off 11 days, so i'll probably not make it, but i'll still see what i can do. :/

hope everyone's breaks been good. i know mine has =]

Redson

Smash Journeyman
been playing chronotrigger for DS these past 9 days
got all my party to level 49 so far. Defeated the black omen..but the core of lavos beat the **** out of me.
i'm still very confused w/ much of the story...its difficult to recall the POINT of all these sidequests...rainbowshell? 2 special stones? ugh...and i CANNOT find my time machine ship...asd;flkajsf;l

regardless pretty ****ing amazing game. also playing animal crossing w/ my gf (made her get the game, she likes)
but yea, i hadn't touched brawl in almost 2 weeks now. everyone is gonna beat me up next smashfest.

i didn't request off of work for the dibbz tourney, cuz it would look pretty bad after requesting off 11 days, so i'll probably not make it, but i'll still see what i can do. :/

hope everyone's breaks been good. i know mine has =]
Now I know I should get Chrono Trigger for the DS, even though I played and beat all the endings you possibly can.

Effff. There goes $30 more.

I also need to get Animal Crossing Wii. Thats $60 MORE.

Eff, there goes my christmas money. In other news, I found my copy of FFTA2. This makes for a very happy Redson. Very, very happy.

I want to go to NOLA. D:

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
It also has some new dungeons in it too. With some new enemies and some wicked awesome new equipment too. Seriously.. Broken awesome equipment.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Redson just stop complaining about not going to NOLA. you dont see me complaining about it. and I have stoped complaining about not going to Texas. (i'll get another chance eventually somehow). Trust me just be patient. Next Gamewar we got you can come and trash us and show to the guys how you have improved and that you dont roll as much(claps for) lol and they said sheik wasnt agressive XD

Redson

Smash Journeyman
Redson just stop complaining about not going to NOLA. you dont see me complaining about it. and I have stoped complaining about not going to Texas. (i'll get another chance eventually somehow). Trust me just be patient. Next Gamewar we got you can come and trash us and show to the guys how you have improved and that you dont roll as much(claps for) lol and they said sheik wasnt agressive XD
I'll be done with Barwl by the next Gameware, nub. >>>

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Yo Pritch!

I heard you're awesome at Melee. Hit me up. 504-231-6099

You too Avery, Austin, Matt, Mura, etc. Whenever, just call.

Also, Tai!!! You here man? I'm waiting for a call dude, wanna play you after Coty hyped you.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Yo Pritch!

I heard you're awesome at Melee. Hit me up. 504-231-6099

You too Avery, Austin, Matt, Mura, etc. Whenever, just call.

Also, Tai!!! You here man? I'm waiting for a call dude, wanna play you after Coty hyped you.
I got better at Melee as well. :]]

Redson

Smash Journeyman
Bomber stop complaining about Redson we should all be nice in this time of peace love and
the alleged birth of Jesus
You just keep winning. You on a roll, man.

Edit @ Popertop: Wow, I'm answering this question late. Sorry.

The SADISM GAUGE IS RISING thing came from Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro, a supernatural manga/animu. Any sane anime/mangu fan should have read/watched this already.

J

J~rod

So yea I'm thinking about quitting brawl. No one really around to play with without going 40 minutes somewhere. I hate playing by myself and only enjoy it when I play with people even if I get my *** kicked. I might still play casually and I might get into it more serious again one day soon but I think/feel I'm just really wasting my time. I'm going to focus on music until something/someone changes my mind about brawl but I don't see that happening since I'm a n00b and who cares right? So it's been fun while it lasted, my aim name is fortebass1 if anyone wants to chat or something but once again it just seems I'm too late and too far behind to ever make a name for myself but i might change my mind later or something, so yea, take care all.

-Ran

Smash Master
At around 10pm, I'm going to be at Dibbz with Brawl. My friend Garret will be there, and Chad will show up, maybe Pierre.

-Ran

Smash Master
No one really around to play with without going 40 minutes somewhere.
Yea, that's the unfortunate thing about living so far out of the middle of no where's. =( Though this may sound silly, but the same thing basically occurs for anyone that gets -really- good at the game. We have to travel out of state once a month [if not more] to get in better practice.

Ran's driving:
To play with Lee -> 1 hour.
To play with Ricky and the BEST FALCO IN THIBIDEAUX -> 1 hour.
To play with Chadly -> 30 minutes.
To play with Cyphus -> 1 hour.
To play with Sudai -> 4 hours? I've never made the drive.
To play with Beaumont Crew -> 5 hours.
To play with Nick -> 1 hour. [or anyone in BR.]
To play with Cloud520 -> 20 minutes.
Etc...

Most of the time we are all driving an hour to get in good matches. Our scene as a state is very small. Driving is part of Competitive Smash, and even more so in our rather small scene.

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
I'd go to Dibbz or visit you too Vaughn, but Lauren's coming over in a bit. I've got 4 families in 2 days that I have to visit. Hooray holidays. Lol.

So basically, I'm probably not gonna be on here for the next two days... So Merry Christmas everyone, and I hope you all have a safe and happy time... But come Friday I'm looking for some Smash so hit me up. ;) Lol. <3 all you guys. =D

Oh yeah, I also am putting in that cookie cake order on Friday. Think it'll be ready for Sunday? =P

J

J~rod

Yea, that's the unfortunate thing about living so far out of the middle of no where's. =( Though this may sound silly, but the same thing basically occurs for anyone that gets -really- good at the game. We have to travel out of state once a month [if not more] to get in better practice.

Ran's driving:
To play with Lee -> 1 hour.
To play with Ricky and the BEST FALCO IN THIBIDEAUX -> 1 hour.
To play with Chadly -> 30 minutes.
To play with Cyphus -> 1 hour.
To play with Sudai -> 4 hours? I've never made the drive.
To play with Beaumont Crew -> 5 hours.
To play with Nick -> 1 hour. [or anyone in BR.]
To play with Cloud520 -> 20 minutes.
Etc...

Most of the time we are all driving an hour to get in good matches. Our scene as a state is very small. Driving is part of Competitive Smash, and even more so in our rather small scene.
Yea that's what i'm starting to see and unfortunately I can't drive all the time to play some smash cause of work and the only person i actually go to to play is at ricky's which isn't terribly far and it is very worth it but the 40 minutes one way eats up gas which costs money which i need to be saving for next semester since i don't work as much during school so it really does suck. And i really don't mind the drive if i were better and knew more people around me to play more often. It's playing for a day and then going a month without ever going up against another player that's kinda sucky. And I'm not even going to begin on the horrible thing called wi-fi cause my lag is ridiculous no matter who i play. I really want to get better but it's pretty difficult just watching vids and practice mode without ever learning how to incorporate it in your game against someone that actually thinks before attacking.

Sudai

Stuff here
I'm 100% there.

People, bring PSPs if you have them. Also, someone bring a USB connector for it. I have a 100% dissidia file if people wanna do lvl 100 matches. ; )

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
and nes, i might mm you after like 30 mins of friendlies lol. i feel like im as good as you are but la has no good capt falcon experience. once i got used to it we would probably have a really heated match. don't hold me too that though; we'll see.
sounds like a date plan. but you guys got to give me some kind of event.

In other news I just got all "gates" or paths open in SMW and beat it in two days. wooh

Top Bottom