• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

D

Deleted member

that's discrimination vaughn.

im going to sell your copy of brawl and get you a giant plushy.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i just want to say that so many of u smashers that i've known for years and those i've recently met...are all ****ing awesome people in general.
the smash community is so much better than other competitive gaming communities.
or i could just be lying cuz i'm drunk, EL OH

nickzorz..didn't u record matches too on that TV in the middle? i fought Ran and Sniper, so those are probably recorded, my guess.

um...i can't remember who i fought before, but i beat slyfer, lost to lee, beat ran, sudai, that good DDD player from shreveport, sniper, than lost to lee~e
lee's metaknight too good/gay. like lol what i do? ja

for low tier i was working on my link, but i get so god-awful bored with projectile spam...i'll prolly stick w/ lucas.
personally, i think Sonic is going to **** low tiers, but i guess we'll have to wait and see.

Sudai

Stuff here
<3 Cyphus. Btw, beastly camping vs my ROB when you had my eye lasers. D: I now know how it feels and it sucks~

Shreveport guys, are any of you interested in driving over to Mesquite, TX for a tournament this weekend? It's not anything big and I'm assuming it'll be a bit smaller than the GameWare one, but it's only 3 hours 43 minutes from my place (so subtract however long it takes to get from Shreveport to Ruston). If not too many of you wanna come, ya'll are welcome to hitch a ride with me. Right now I have 2/5 seats filled, one is reserved for someone that's iffy on coming, but I should know by tomorrow if he's coming or not. We're planning to drive up Saturday, stay the night for the tourney, and drive back in on Siunday, currently. Oh, and I was hoping to maybe stop by someone's place on the way back and get some smash going on Sunday? :o

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
<3 u too Cyphus. :D And yes, I did record on that middle TV, there are a LOT of matches of you on my recording, Cyphus. You v Lee (not finals, as you remember... but apparently ya'll fought there twice?), Chimera, Snipe, Ran, etc. I'm gonna work on clipping them as soon as I finish this delicious Panini I'm eating and then I'll try to upload some tonight, but it may not be too many...

And Vaughn. You is amazing and holy crap how'd you beat MM9 so fast? O.o; I just <3 you all. XD

Sudai

Stuff here
Lesson learned, don't help women understand math. Either their smart enough to understand it on their own or they ****ing make you want to rip their throat out through their butt hole....

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
i just want to say that so many of u smashers that i've known for years and those i've recently met...are all ****ing awesome people in general.
the smash community is so much better than other competitive gaming communities.
or i could just be lying cuz i'm drunk, EL OH
....looks at post time......that's how life should be lived....

but yeah I'm bout to down a few beers, type a paper and finish studying in that order. Speaking of beer, NOLA folk should always go to the bulldog on magazine on Wednesdays when they give free glasses when you buy a draft beer.

Also is low tier gonna be SBR low tier or a certain few characters such as bottom 15 or 20? I'm much too lazy to read at this time of night.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
so, smashboards hasn't worked for me the whole time up until now. Apparently after they did their down time, it came back for everyone I knew but me. I kept getting "Database Error" instead.

I've got a **** ton of threads to read through, but just wanted to post that I'm liking the news of a Sunday Tourney series in New Orleans. Not only is it an hour closer, but it's far more likely for me to be able to come. Starting so late on a Friday means I'd be forced to take two days off work since I'm consistently 9am-6pm. Assuming it's at a reasonable time, I shouldn't have much trouble doing a Sunday tourney.

PK Thunder

Smash Rookie
<3 Cyphus. Btw, beastly camping vs my ROB when you had my eye lasers. D: I now know how it feels and it sucks~

Shreveport guys, are any of you interested in driving over to Mesquite, TX for a tournament this weekend? It's not anything big and I'm assuming it'll be a bit smaller than the GameWare one, but it's only 3 hours 43 minutes from my place (so subtract however long it takes to get from Shreveport to Ruston). If not too many of you wanna come, ya'll are welcome to hitch a ride with me. Right now I have 2/5 seats filled, one is reserved for someone that's iffy on coming, but I should know by tomorrow if he's coming or not. We're planning to drive up Saturday, stay the night for the tourney, and drive back in on Siunday, currently. Oh, and I was hoping to maybe stop by someone's place on the way back and get some smash going on Sunday? :o
I might go but I will probably drive if I do because Mesquite is close enough to go and come back home that night (It's Saturday?). I also might be able to provide Smashing in Shreveport, but I have a class to teach at 3:00 Sat and Sun so it will be close. BTW sorry I didn't get to introduce myself at the tourney. I'm Pat, the G&W from teams with Slyfer.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Anyone going to Dibbz on saturday? I finally got a free weekend and I'm dieing to play smash. Melee, Brawl, whatever just give me a reason to go.

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
Just got done clipping the 31 matches and a Vaughn HR contest... Too good. I'm hoping to work on putting them up between tomorrow night and Sunday. More than likely it'll be Sunday as I'm still not out of the woods yet in the way of stuff due this week... But Sunday will provide plenty of time to get all this stuff up, as I'm sure it will take a while. T_T

And Taylor... wat?

Sudai

Stuff here
Taylor, I thought I was the only one that was supposed to know that, now you go out sharing it with the world? D:

See if I ever fondle your butt hole again.

****it...I probably will. x.x

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
true. u should definitely so i can play ur kirby.

hope mad people go to this first one.

what are the rules to this btw.
$10 entry, FD, Battlefield, Lylat, Smashville, and Yoshi's Island are neutral, advanced slob picks, stage banning allowed, 2/3, Dave's stupid rule, CPs on the OP, I think that covers it. I should be there though I may have to leave early since I usually have to work at 330 on Sundays but I have no problem showing up 2 hours late without prior notice >.>

edit:
Also consider the next tourney in BR, if you drive to NOLA from pcola you can catch a ride from to BR.

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
So I just beat Mega Man 9 in about 1.5 hours. Tried to speed run it, but had multiple deaths. Not too bad, but I can definitely get it much faster. It was fun trying though. =D

Link Eiyu

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone! Sorry I couldn't make it out to the tourney to get my butt handed to me... and do some reporting on the side. I got stuck covering Zachary's football game. And apparently, my not going caused the other guys from Zachary to not want to go... sorry to take 20 dollars out of the pot. XD

Maybe I'll make it next time.

Sudai

Stuff here
So I just beat Mega Man 9 in about 1.5 hours. Tried to speed run it, but had multiple deaths. Not too bad, but I can definitely get it much faster. It was fun trying though. =D
It's funny, the Dallas thread is going on about MM9 as well. XD

The best they have over there is 1:01:00 even.

-Ran

Smash Master
External Link:
http://www.gametabs.com/events/2008-10-26/new_orleans_brawl_monthly_1/44/

Date:
10/26/08

Dibbz LAN Gaming Center
6850 Veterans Memorial Blvd, Metairie, LA

Time:
Noon till Completion. [Venue closes at 10pm]
Registration closes at 12:30.

Entry Fee:
10 dollars.

Format and Rules:
Singles tournament with Pools to select seeding.
Split: 50/25/15/5/5
No items.
Three Stocks.
Time Limit will be set to seven minutes. Ties determined by percent/stock.
Best two of three.
Bring your own controller.
Advanced slob picks
Stage striking for first pick (players may agree on a stage or random)
Stage bans: each player may ban one stage after stage striking occurs.

Stage List:
Starter:
Lylat, FD, Battlefield, Smashville, Yoshi's, Delfino, and Castle Siege

Counterpick:
Halberd, Brinstar, PS1, Frigate, Rainbow Cruise, PS2, Pictochat, Norfair, and Pirate Ship

Banned:

Everything else.

Pools
In your pools you will only play a person for two matches instead of three. This is done to accelerate the pools.

Additional
Anyone who is capable of bringing a Wii/TV will be much appreciated. For a tournament such as this to work effectively, we need to have at least eight TVs. Also, the venue has asked that I use their website to promote the tournament, so please sign up on it. The link is at the top. I'm expecting at least thirty entries.

Given the proximity to Halloween, feel free to wear a costume! We might as well have fun with it. =D

Attendees
1. Ran Iji - TV + Wii.
2. Garret
Soooooo, go sign up.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=5412493#post5412493

http://www.gametabs.com/events/2008-10-26/new_orleans_brawl_monthly_1/44/

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Just a quick suggestion on the rules. When we did pools at Gameware, we tried stage striking. It worked okay, but I think it would be best to enforce a no stage twice rule OR just go random both times. No stage twice leaves 6 stages for striking, which favors whoever strikes first. Since you're doing 2 games, not best of 3, it'd be unfair to give the loser an advantage. So, I'd suggest having Random for both rounds of pools.

That said, in the end it's your tournament, so do what you think is appropriate.

-Ran

Smash Master
Thanks for the suggestion, I put that in. =D

Now, for everyone interesting in the tournament... Major major thing here:

CLICK ME
Please, for the love that is all that is holy, sign up to the above link. I ask this, because the Venue that we are going to is going to waive any/all fees for us to use their building if a sufficient level of users/activity is generated on their site. It's a pretty cool community building setup. You can even run tournaments right off of it. The guys at Dibbz are being INCREDIBLY helpful. Originally the tournament was going to have to shut down at the close of the store [10pm] on Sunday, but they've vowed to stay open as LONG as necessary. Maintaining a good partnership with the owners of Dibbz will ensure us a venue for every future monthly. So PLEASE, PLEASE, Register on the site, and post a comment/intent to join.

The owner is going to attempt to get many fresh bloods to come to the tournament as well, which will increase the pot. He's also going to work on getting us swag [T-shirts, etc...]

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I'm definitely* going to that tourney. I can bring a TV+Wii+Brawl too.

*As long as no bull**** happens with my people not wanting to bring me at the last second.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
Ill try to make it to dibbz.

Ill see if i can get off of work.

If anyone wants to play brawl/ melee, im off sunday,

To those who don't know me, im pretty good.

just pm me if you need my contact info.

peacez.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Mura and/or setsuma, I'm probably down to play melee this weekend. Hit me up.

Or anyone else, for that matter. Not picky here.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Just realized that the tournement is on Friday T_T. I can't go, i'll be in school.

Pritch, cool I'll be at Dibbz on Saturday probably around 2:00 if that's a good time.

Redson

Smash Journeyman
.....EFF. God DAMMIT. Mura's right. It is on friday, meaning I won't be able to make it either unless my parents let me take the day off. Which is doubtful considering the situation.

"Hey mom, can I take a day off for a Super Smash Brothers tournament?"

"Go to your room."

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
It's on Sunday, OCTOBER 26th, not this Friday SEPTEMBER 26th. >.>

Woo, Crayon Dedede is back! :D

And I randomly found a post that describes what Lee is really doing when he posts... I'll never look at your posts the same way ever again. T.T

Top Bottom