• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
Definitely good matches and excellent tournament. Shout outs to Sam, Joe, and especially Testament and Gumby for some good matches. And <3 Subai even tho you eliminated me. :3 Lol... Hope everyone had fun.

Blaise, I'm sorry to hear about that stuff, man. It'll be ok and I'm sure we're all here for ya.

My vids might take the span of a week to get up, just due to projects and homeworks, but I hope to get most if not all of them clipped today... It just takes youtube 87 years to upload videos. -.- I'll work on what I can, tho.

RickyB

Smash Cadet
good games everyone, Thanks so much Taylor, Vaughn, and Eric for letting all of houma crash.
Testement way to nice, great matches.

Sudai... emo rangers TOO FUNNY forever

everyone else i love you peace

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
I had so much fun. I played in really fun matches. Props to everyone that plays, can't wait to do it again next month.

D

Deleted member

thanks for the shots of jager ricky xD
they will be put to good use when i run out of beer.
or maybe just tonight lol.

thx for coming everyone, sorry about the somewhat cramped conditions. thats just the story of smash tournaments.

PK Thunder

Smash Rookie
Had a blast! Sorry if I didn't get to meet everyone, I was the guy running between SC and Brawl with the "green diarrhea" Wolf and the G&W that teamed with Zelda to dump Din's Spill on folks. Great teams final Lee and Sudai! We will be practicing Rainbow Cruise for the future! :laugh:

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
Yeah I lost every counterpick stage, I will definitely be having a more diverse selection of stages ready next time.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Just got back to the dorm now. Good **** to everyone who played melee at the brawl tournament, good **** to everyone who played melee after the brawl tournament, even good **** to the people who played brawl but were like "hey, that melee **** is pretty cool" (though you should have played some melee).

And especially thanks to taylor, vaughn, and whoever else actually lives in that apartment for putting me up for the night and/or hanging with me today. Good times, and if you were drafting magic instead of pokemon I'd totally have gotten in on that.

This is pretty cool, I'm actually starting to get to know people around this state. Crazy stuff. Expect to see me around at more events.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i had a pretty awesome time. i got discouraged from brawl even before the tournament just because of the lack of creativity i see in many players. Every other TV had a wolf on FD lasering, rolling, and smashing...and the truly sad thing is you can get pretty far in a match by just doing that.
But afterward...i was impressed with the Shreveport crew and i felt a little better about the game.

last tourney i lost to sudai and sniper, but i got my revenge thanks to kirby ;)
i went kirby/dk about 50/50 this tournament. With those 2 combined i think that covers all the matchups i'd need backup for...except metaknight, but thats not really my fault. bleh
i felt i mostly played my A game or close to it, and i can't wait to watch my vids and everyone elses.
as always, much thanks to randall and crew.

Slyfer070

Smash Cadet
I wish I had brought my A game, but you win some you lose some. I had fun, i was just disappointed with myself. The only reason i wasnt totally emo is because we got 2nd in teams lol. Can't wait til we go again next month.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i dont see why u should be dissapointed in urself. Your a very smart player and its not like u lost to n00bs. I thought our set was 'very' good. Only dumb moments was when i tripped into your f.smash and when i spiked you, but the yoshi platform came up to save you, lol.
anyway, ur crew did great as a hole and deffinately put ur city on the LA smash map. literally speaking, i expect ya'll to do even better next tourney.

me and xsniper did horrible in teams. i kept killing him every match. i just dont think we had good chemistry..seems like every time either of us would take the offense or defense...the other did the same. oh well, heheh.

PK Thunder

Smash Rookie
As part of the Shreveport crew (Slyfer was my teammate) I appreciate your props Cyphus. Sorry about my blaster spam Wolf but it's great for stopping approaches and I can do everything else Wolf does well to complement it. Also I don't just play Wolf, so that helps.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
No johns to anyone but I need to make a revelation while I'm still heavily intoxicated...

When I got to Gameware I'm sure everyone noticed me in my black slacks, black button-up, black sweater vest, and mint-green tie. Obviously I had other notions in my mind other than Brawl at the time. I really wanted to go to my friend's 21st birthday bash so I just didn't try my hardest. I disrespected every single player there by showing up and not showing out. I had a good set with both Nick and Snipes, but it could've been better. What better way to bow than to pick my character while Snipe was pluggin his controller in? What better way to bow out by counterpicking Nick's (very beastly btw) Dedede with Weegee? Basically I just want to say I have this major problem of indecisiveness that showed its vicious claws on Friday night. I had no business being there that night and offended every player by being there. I just want to apologize now to everyone right now for not doing my best. It's pretty much taking a class and getting a "C" because you choose not to do your homework. Though I was smiling and laughing a lot, I was really in a very ****ty mood for some reason. So once again I apologize for that "no show" by me and extend a very custom apology to Nick, Snipe (David), and Cyphus. Nick and David for not trying my best against them and Cyphus for ducking out early when we could've potentially wrecked teams because i wanted to get some p#ssy that night. The thing that burns me up the most is that I didn't even get any on Friday night, my friends somehow talked me into taking about 10 shots of Ciroc, then once we got to the party I had 2 extremely powerful incredible hulks and ended up face first in the toilet. I would've been so much better off in BR playing Brawl than doing that. In October i promise everybody into LA smash that I'm coming with the big guns (as long as it isn't the 10th since I'm going to be out of town that weekend).

p.s. Though I was slizzied something ridiculous, I somehow managed to have the dexterity to ask my sexxxy *** lab partner to go out on a date with me on Wednesday =D

Slyfer070

Smash Cadet
well after reviewing some of my matches I'm not disappointed in myself anymore. alot of matches came close. just little mistakes here and there. Overall it looks like I did my best, tho there was a decent amount of Facepalm moments. Two being the tripping into my fsmash and spiking me into the ghost platform :D. Seems like the game was rooting for me lol.

Oh, and dear god Sudai, please post the team match between a Zelda/GW/Kirby/Marth match. There was a moment in that match that was SO full of win, the world must see it.

Sudai

Stuff here
I post all the matches I recorded up. If you guys were on the far TV (If you played me and Lee in teams, it was that TV. Only one we played on. Lawl) when you played that it'll be up. I'm about to drive back to Ruston so at best you can expect them to be up tonight, most likely tomorrow night though. I'll post them up here when I get them up though, so no worries.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
nice vidz

that dude playing lucario is good.. DK has like no approaches except bair... eric is awsome with peach...lee + metaknight isnt fair.....nobody playing pit is stupid cuz hes awsome he has like wings and stuff...

Sachi

Smash Rookie
nice vidz

that dude playing lucario is good.. DK has like no approaches except bair... eric is awsome with peach...lee + metaknight isnt fair.....nobody playing pit is stupid cuz hes awsome he has like wings and stuff...
Hehehe, shyguy you're just too cute. *hugs*

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
No Johns. I bombed today. I bombed hard. This is from a lack of playing skilled players [I hadn't gone to Dibbz since before Sara came], and a mental disjunction with my Main. I don't know what I placed, all I know is that it isn't worth mentioning. Everything I did was sloppy.
I actually thought you were really good. I enjoyed our set. I'm the DeDeDe by the way. But yeah I particularly remember the beastly zero suit. My friend uses her, and you did some stuff that I haven't seen him use that was REALLY effective. Don't bum yourself out, you were very impressive to me.

Sachi

Smash Rookie
I actually thought you were really good. I enjoyed our set. I'm the DeDeDe by the way. But yeah I particularly remember the beastly zero suit. My friend uses her, and you did some stuff that I haven't seen him use that was REALLY effective. Don't bum yourself out, you were very impressive to me.
He knows ZSS from teaching me how to play. xD I pretty much refused to learn any other character, so I could focus on just one at a time. She isn't even 10th on his list of "mains". xD

Use pit..... ummm hello he can like fly, no one esle can do that
o.o Are you... ok? Worried about you. *pets* Also, MK can fly too... o.o

PortCity

Smash Ace
I'm going to be swinging to Baton Rouge around the 22nd and 23rd of November. I don't know anyone in the B.R. area, but I would love to meet up with some gamers for some Brawl matches. (Teams preferably.) None the less, I'll be checking around here every so often to see what's poppin. I game with the Iowa people here. Holla back.

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
He knows ZSS from teaching me how to play. xD I pretty much refused to learn any other character, so I could focus on just one at a time. She isn't even 10th on his list of "mains". xD
Well I thought the zss was good lol. Not that the snake was bad by any means, but I was more impressed by zss than snake. And how come you didn't play in the tourney?

Redson

Smash Journeyman
Well, I didn't do particularly well in the tournament. I always tell myself I'll do better in the next one, but I never end up actually going through with that. Oh well, I just gotta keep practicing.
Thats ultimately all you can do...Unless you switch to Metaknight or Snake.

I loved how Melee was at the tourney. I forced myself to play it and was thrashed completely, but it was nostalgic and fun. It had much faster gameplay as opposed to Brawl, but maybe that was just because the camera kept zooming in and out and made me want to hurl. Otherwise, I loved the fact that I could kick *** as Ganondorf again.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Redson, I wouldn't be discouraged by a lack of placing improvement. The competition was a lot tougher than last month. That said, there's still next month to place higher. Play more and try new things. Most importantly, try playing against different people. You don't need Metaknight or Snake to do well. (Only 2 people out of the top 8 used Metaknight or Snake.)

Anyways, I'm glad everyone enjoyed it. I'll have info for next month up soon. Suggestions for the side tournament? Teams? Low-tier? Something else?

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
Because I'm terrible. :D
Lol, well if my girlfriend still loves me a month from now, I'll bring her. And y'all can battle it out. I'm sure you're not terrible, cause your boyfriend's good. I didn't know there was so many female smashers, I think my gf would enjoy it.

Top Bottom