• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Sheik_Pwns

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aluran
3DS FC
0834-1378-6308
hey anyone here from grambling im a SFL smasher in college looking for a casual smash pausee lol or some ppl who can chill with me during thanksgiving make a tourney in grambling or ruston thanks

Sudai

Stuff here
I really don't care what the split is, but if you asked my opinion on the matter: 55 - 30 - 15.

I really don't think 4th should get any money out of the pot.

First obviously deserves more than half the pot for being uncontested.
Second, I feel, deserves more than a quarter of the pot because he only lost to the best.
Third takes the rest cause he only lost to the top two or worked their ***** off making it up through the loser's bracket.
Fourth just kind of sits there. He didn't beat any of the top three, so why should he get anything?

Oh, and nobody bother saying anything about me only saying this cause I'm one of the better players because this is a stance I've held since I figured out what actually went on at Melee tournaments aside from me getting my *** *****. That on top of the fact that it doesn't really put me in a better or worse place (Yeah I'm gonna aim for first but a much more likely outcome for me is second).

hey anyone here from grambling im a SFL smasher in college looking for a casual smash pausee lol or some ppl who can chill with me during thanksgiving make a tourney in grambling or ruston thanks
Number? :
Preferred Name? :
Willing to drive to LATech in Ruston? :
Do you want a ride down to BR on Friday for a tournament? Leaving here between Noon and 1:30PM. :

"Casual" can mean different things, so do you mean items on or just playing with friend?

Oh, and I won't be able to play during thanks giving as I'll be in BR or on a cruise at the time..can't remember which.

As for a tournament, I'm actually working on something..but it'd be on the 4th floor of a dorm and there'd be a bunch of other games going on, mainly FPS.

Sudai

Stuff here
You should answer the rest?

Also, where do you go to school, cause if it's LATech, feel free to stop by my dorm for some smash after? : D

Edit: Wow, you multi-post more than ShyG. lol

Look for the edit button at the bottom of your post. : p

Sheik_Pwns

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aluran
3DS FC
0834-1378-6308
Im at Grambling state university a few miles from LAtech but i know some seniors at your school that go to my church so give me the dorm room on yahoo messenger and maybe i will be able to get over there one day

Sheik_Pwns

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aluran
3DS FC
0834-1378-6308
Number? : 786-351-3545
Preferred Name? : Benin ( Beneen)
Willing to drive to LATech in Ruston? : dont have a car
Do you want a ride down to BR on Friday for a tournament? Leaving here between Noon and 1:30PM. : ugh wow friday i think i have class but ima check my schedule

Sudai

Stuff here
Cool.

############ so you don't freak out when I call you.

I wouldn't mind driving to your place to play some since you don't have a car. Also, the tournaments are monthly thing right now so I hope your schedule is free cause that's when I'm leaving for it every month. XD

Last edited:

Sheik_Pwns

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aluran
3DS FC
0834-1378-6308
oh okay well my last class it is 12:00 so just call me lol this thursday so i can make sure im ready eh? also i dont have my wii or my GC controller because my mo wanted me not to be so focused on gaming so wat to do ? ROFL

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
As for a tournament, I'm actually working on something..but it'd be on the 4th floor of a dorm and there'd be a bunch of other games going on, mainly FPS.
Hmmm sounds like you're dealing with a campus gaming league. Careful with that. The ones I ran into at Texas Tech were pretty bad......bad enough that I made my own gaming league, which of course turned out to be the best gaming league there was! Anyway, don't let them bully you into keeping your "silly kid game" tournaments to the side, as I've heard most hardcore FPS guys refer to smash. Again let me know if you need help (convincing people or otherwise)........as long as its on the weekend or after 5 on friday.........

Sudai

Stuff here
I think it was supposed to be on thursdays or something ********, but I'm not worried about getting bullied around. I met the guy that's hosting it all and he's a sponsored MLG Halo player. I showed him all the advanced stuff in Melee and a bit in Brawl and he agreed that it wasn't a "kiddy game" and gave full control of it to me, so wew for that. : )

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i just think 1st place doesn't deserve twice as much as 2nd. As someone stated earlier, they didn't win twice as much as 2nd.
maybe i was asking too much w/ the 40/30/20/10...
i'd reconsider 50/30/15/5 is fair enough?
interestingly enough, Lee and Sudai (are 2 most winning players) both voiced their preference for 1st/2nd to keep more money. :p COICIDENCE!? j/m
seems like most everyone else wouldnt mind a slight boost for 3rd and 4th getting a last pinch.

eiter way assuming we're doing Teams, i think i'm teaming w/ CJ.

Sudai

Stuff here
I really just don't think 4th should get any money. Personally, I'd rather that 5% go to GameWare for the venue or we could use it to buy everyone a drink or a bag of chips from the mini-gameware vending thing.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Me too. Hopefully another 30+ crowd.

I don't know what I'll do, but I like the idea of 4th getting money. Fourth will still be a generally good player, so I think getting one's entry fee back (and maybe a few extra dollars) would be nice. However, I'm not completely decided on where to get the money. 40/30/20/10 is nice for fourth. I think that's a little much, though, especially for lower scale tournaments. First should also get more. 45/30/20/5 gives third too much, so we'll move that to first again. 50/30/15/5 is better, but I think 50 is a little low considering the size of our tournaments. That's why I like 55/25/15/5 better. Lee isn't going to win them all forever. When other players win, I think the little bit extra will be nice. Still, I might stay 60/30/10, idk.

I honestly haven't put a lot of thought past 70/20/10 is bad, because the gap is way too large. Chances are I'll think about it more and maybe experiment with it at the Gameware tournaments. We could do a big prize one month (65/25/10) and a more even distribution the next (40/25/15/10/5/5). I dunno. We'll see what happens, but assume 60/30/10 for Friday unless I say otherwise.

I probably won't change the OP, but I will make a post or something if I change it. Teams will most likely stay at 60/30/10, regardless of what Singles does.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
So guys, i'm probably going to be joining a Capoeria class, and i was wondering if anyone knew about it?

It's pretty fun, and it keeps you from getting out of shape :p

Anyway, I havent played smash in like four month's lawl, but im still probably awesome.

I'm going to be free for the next couple of days, so if anyone wants to play smash just give me a ring.

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
So Vaughn and I made an Online/Specator tier list. This takes into account items, stupidity, input lag, stupidity, and stupidity. Hope you all enjoy it. :p

Ike
Meta Knight
Marth
Toon Link
Mr. Game and Watch

High
Bowser
Pit
Wolf
Lucario
Snake
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon
R.O.B.
Donkey Kong
Wario
Fox
Yoshi

Mid
Falco
Samus
Sonic
Kirby
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Lucas
King Dedede
Ness
Luigi
Link

Low
Pikachu
Ice Climbers
Olimar
Sheik
Zero Suit Samus
Pokemon Trainer
Mario
Peach
Jigglypuff

A lot of it is mainly stupidity, as in people jumping into ******** strong Fsmashes and Usmashes (looking at Bowser and Ike in particular).

-Ran

Smash Master
Good matches to everyone. Looks like I won't be using Marth. Snake too good. Every match Lee and I did, I managed to do some wacky one of the time kill. Too good.

eet

Smash Ace
anyone who needs somewhere to sleep i guess can stay at our house ... just dont eat my mac n cheese. even tho we have like 20....but still.

-eet

ok, you can have some, just clean up your mess.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
So after months of treatment ive finnaly been given a diagnosis..... body dysmorphic disorder

yay....... look it up on wikipedia its pretty intersting

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Good matches to everyone. Looks like I won't be using Marth. Snake too good. Every match Lee and I did, I managed to do some wacky one of the time kill. Too good.
Pfft, Marth > everything. Chh, just kidding, but I wish I was there. Just kidding, I was too busy at seeing Scary Kids Scaring Kids. IT WAS AMAZING.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i wouldn't of have guessed u had that, shy. Although i figured u have most of those symptoms, i never figured you to feel seriously unattractive. I think u might have made 1 or 2 comments about urself in the past, but i never really thought much of it being a long term thing. Interesting indeed.
Although its nice to have a name for your problem, so you can grasp it and work towards improvement, the name's purpose is just for that, since there are no walls between different disorders and almost always, people share qualities of different kinds. Sort of like how its a judgement call for at which point is slight depression not slight depression...and everyone has some slight tendencies in disorders without having the "disorder" itself.
Anyway, i'm glad theres that control factor for you, since you're now under an umbrella of a term, so i'm sure it can be easier to not feel as lost/hopeless as much. Maybe i'm talking out my ***...
i love you shyg.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Aww, ShyGuy, I don't know what to tell you. Actually, I take that back. You are a normal person like everyone, there isn't anything from what I can see that is unattractive. It might seem like some things are bad looking, but it's not true. Honestly, when I look in a mirror I always think Im fat. I'm not even lying, I have a serious problem almost borderline anorexia. I do know that appearances can play a huge role in how you feel about yourself. Probably because I used to be an obese mother****er and I was depressed all the time (which I still am, but not as much) Honestly, though, things only get better not worse. :]
But You're a really cool kid, and those few times where we hung out I felt happy. You're nice and fun to be with.

Im your friend k?

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
Thanks for the support

Its not really that I feel unatractive but like this compulsive delusion that theres sumthing wrong with my body that only i can see. It consumes my life and makes me unable to work,be around people,leave the house. Major deppresion and anxiety go along with it and thoughts of suicide. I dont think regular people would understand it because its more complex than sumthing like anorexia.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Dude, put on a pair of skinny jeans, a band t-shirt, and all the girls will want to do you. No lie, you have like the perfect body for that shiz.

Sachi

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the support

Its not really that I feel unatractive but like this compulsive delusion that theres sumthing wrong with my body that only i can see. It consumes my life and makes me unable to work,be around people,leave the house. Major deppresion and anxiety go along with it and thoughts of suicide. I dont think regular people would understand it because its more complex than sumthing like anorexia.
There are more people out there than you realise, who might understand or even empathise with how you feel. I can tell you that having any kind of disorder that falls under the Obsessive Compulsive spectrum makes life hard, and there's no easy way out.

And it looks like you have some good friends here! Trust them to give you a hand with everything, and a smile.

The quality of the person is more important than the outward appearance, always.

Edit: I just saw Batto's post.. lol. xD <3 skinny jeans, go for it shyguy! Make us girls drool ;)

Top Bottom