• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
mura: correct me if i'm wrong, but if how you feel is ignorance will cause debates to lessen...why did you present counter information to lee's opinion? You're asking lee to ignore melee/brawl debates...but you're not either- if you try to "correct" his opinions.
"If you just ignore people who say things Brawl/Melee-wise it'll eventually stop"
Do as you preach or be a hypocrit, sir.
I didn't react because he posted something about Brawl vs Melee, I reacted because he reacted. The reason I put it in the Brawl vs. Melee format is because I feel that just telling people straight up won't work. If I'd had just said "Dude just ignore it." The first time, he probably would've come back with someting like "No, I'm just so tired of this it needs to ****in stop." IMO everyone finds their way of dealing with Brawl/Melee arguments on their own after experiencing all the agonizing monotonies of arguing left and right and will eventually just lose all motivation to even care about Brawl vs. Melee.

On the other hand, though I preach that people should just ignore Brawl/Melee, I haven't gotten over it myself. I admit it. But, I know that there are people who don't know how to deal with it themselves. So I can get rid of any unsavory feelings about a topic while knowing that in a way I'm helping to people find their own way to deal with Brawl/Melee. If that makes me a hypocrite, I don't mind. The term "hypocrite" has many different levels of importance to me depending one what aspect of life it's being attributed to. When it comes to smash, being a hypocrite doesn't matter to me, because I have to interact with an enormous variety of different attitudes which I may or may not be accustomed to. I that case I develop a series of different standards to help me interact. When it comes to Brawl vs. Melee, part of my intended personality is to be a hypocrite. Though I'd prefer that people not argue, I feel that there is arguing to be done. So, by being a hypocrite, I can argue while working towards ending the arguments. That way, I satisfy myself, and help others (atleast in the long run). In trying to end the arguments, I try to cause people to grow tired of arguing, instead of telling them that they just need to stop (because that doesn't work). I realize that that may make people dislike me, but that's just the chance I take.

Summary: I'm a crazy person.

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
I didn't react because he posted something about Brawl vs Melee, I reacted because he reacted. The reason I put it in the Brawl vs. Melee format is because I feel that just telling people straight up won't work. If I'd had just said "Dude just ignore it." The first time, he probably would've come back with someting like "No, I'm just so tired of this it needs to ****in stop." IMO everyone finds their way of dealing with Brawl/Melee arguments on their own after experiencing all the agonizing monotonies of arguing left and right and will eventually just lose all motivation to even care about Brawl vs. Melee.

On the other hand, though I preach that people should just ignore Brawl/Melee, I haven't gotten over it myself. I admit it. But, I know that there are people who don't know how to deal with it themselves. So I can get rid of any unsavory feelings about a topic while knowing that in a way I'm helping to people find their own way to deal with Brawl/Melee. If that makes me a hypocrite, I don't mind. The term "hypocrite" has many different levels of importance to me depending one what aspect of life it's being attributed to. When it comes to smash, being a hypocrite doesn't matter to me, because I have to interact with an enormous variety of different attitudes which I may or may not be accustomed to. I that case I develop a series of different standards to help me interact. When it comes to Brawl vs. Melee, part of my intended personality is to be a hypocrite. Though I'd prefer that people not argue, I feel that there is arguing to be done. So, by being a hypocrite, I can argue while working towards ending the arguments. That way, I satisfy myself, and help others (atleast in the long run). In trying to end the arguments, I try to cause people to grow tired of arguing, instead of telling them that they just need to stop (because that doesn't work). I realize that that may make people dislike me, but that's just the chance I take.

Summary: I'm a crazy person.
Wall of text crits you for 137 damage. D= Sorry, I'm in an RPG mood and wanted to interject with humor. XD *runs off to play Mario RPG*

Dammit, Cyphus, I was gonna catch up to you. T_T

D

Deleted member

that may be too much masturbation. i wouldnt know tho, never got that far... but dam.

sudai, when and who? o.O
u didnt tell us about this before

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
mura i said something about it bc the like last 10 posts the guy made it just included brawl sucked in one format or another. its like okay we get your point nobody gives a ****. people get flamed in every topic for that discussion. but your whole speech is pretty illogical. sorry. peace. we can just stop now or something this isnt going anywhere.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
Mario is really good in melee... hes like the best fox counter in the game, goes even with most of the other top/high tiers except Marth...

maturbation ftw

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
Don't feel like editing my last post. I ment to say thats why I play mario in BRAWL not melee.

I ment i bring comedy into my brawl matches with mario b/c im just fun like that.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i've thinking about pot splitting alot lately...

the whole 60-30-10 thing....i dunno i just dont like it. I dont think its fair at all.
Obviously 1st place deserves more than 2nd,and so on...but twice as much as 2nd just seems like too much..and 3rd place...who is the best minus only 2...doesn't get anything....and shouldn't 4th get his money back at least?

i propose this:

40-30-20-10
its simple and ratio-wise fair.

Benefits: 3rd actually makes a tiny bit.

4th place gets his money back at least.

It makes more people enter the tournament, knowing they have at least a chance of making a tiny bit. Currently we have this situation...
"is Lee and Sudai/Cyph going?"
"yes"
"eh..then why should i bother?"

This would make the tournament experience less sore as well take away stress from the higher placers.

Honestly, i have a very strong opinion for this, and i think its, simply put, fairer to everyone.

Sudai

Stuff here
My record's actually pretty bad...didn't go anymore for like..three weeks after that cause it was so ****ed sore. D:

It was a -really- boring day aside from that.. >.>

D

Deleted member

sudai, you tease.

jiovanni and shyg still my favorite 2 posters on the la thread.

and in reference to tournament turnouts and splits:

it think it's more like...
are lee/sudai going?

and if you're not cyphus, me, david, random MK players, or a few nola ppl.

i dont see any point in going, no matter what the split is.

hell, im not even going. i was upset at the last tourney. not because i didnt get any money but because i felt i wasted a day doing something i dont like very much.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace

the whole 60-30-10 thing....i dunno i just dont like it. I dont think its fair at all.
Obviously 1st place deserves more than 2nd,and so on...but twice as much as 2nd just seems like too much..and 3rd place...who is the best minus only 2...doesn't get anything....and shouldn't 4th get his money back at least?

i propose this:

40-30-20-10

It makes more people enter the tournament, knowing they have at least a chance of making a tiny bit. Currently we have this situation...
"yes"

This would make the tournament experience less sore as well take away stress from the higher placers.

Honestly, i have a very strong opinion for this, and i think its, simply put, fairer to everyone.
That sounds like a good idea considering 1st doesn't win twice as much as second, yet gets twice as much. 4th should get an honorable mention beyond words.

-Ran

Smash Master
Sara and I should be at Gameware. /Rar

Also, might go to Dibbz tomorrow with my Wiiiiiii. [And my game system. kekeke.]

Redson

Smash Journeyman
Imma be at Gameware if all goes well. Schools been rough after the hurricane so maybe, maybe not. I guess I'll see.

****, it's been a while since I posted. I gotta get back in the game, yo.

RickyB

Smash Cadet
Currently on a school computer, I have been without cable and internet since IKE. Not to mention the sporadic power outages. I lost power just before I walked out of my apartment door this morning (for no reason). Started playing Mario RPG for the first time its to good, but the power went out on me suddenly and erased my file so i had to start over. I was sad about that so I called Brandon and lee to come over and play brawl with me, we had 2 tv’s set up and we were going to enjoy a night of epic brawl, but then the power went out… all night, so everyone got drunk but me cause I’m out of rum, so I played sober pokemon in the dark as Brandon and I insulted each other all night. Also I have a report due in three minutes with I totally forgot about… see everyone Friday -_-

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
Pritch my bad on not answring, i had no idea what area code or who the f was calling me.

Also pm me your number cause i couldn't hear your voicemail that well.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace

i propose this:

40-30-20-10

"yes"

that just defeats the purpose of trying. if i get 1st in a tournament its bc i work my A$$ off. i mean people do get beat.? if there would be a 40/30 split though its just not even worth driving. for you, me, or sudai. gas is EXPENSIVE. houma and ruston. idk i just think the point of a tournament is to have a tournament. it used to be 70/20/10 which i can agree is too much. i always thought 60 is a good number. but i dont think ppl would drive that far for that kind of split. especially oos'ers . idk

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
BLAZE from lafayette will Also be attending this tournament. Just throwing that out there. Yes the same Blaze that played melee. He's pretty good in brawl also.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
I dunno what I'll do about the split. Several people seem to like the idea of 4th getting something, but I agree with Lee that 40% is too low.

Maybe I'll try something like 55-25-15-5? I usually don't do exact splits, so for 30 people, $80/35/25/10 = $150. Or something like that.

Fourth getting something would be nice, but I think whoever wins deserves to get most of the money.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
As an unbaised person who isn't going to win anything, I say we stick with the old pot, not the 40 30 20 10.

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
Long time no see all. I'm returning to competitive smash on Friday. If anybody wants to play online my AIM is XBlaze330X and my friend code is 5026-4140-7631. See you guys soon.

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
*uses X-Potion to recover 137 damage* Just in case another wall of text comes... >.>

I don't think 2nd should get less than 30%, I mean, they did beat out everyone but one person essentially. I'd say something along the lines of 50-35-10-5, but that's just my opinion... Basically, I definitely agree with 4th getting something.

Top Bottom