• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

-Ran

Smash Master
Hey there all, I just moved down here last week for college. I don't suppose there are any Brawl tournaments going on tomorrow at Lakeside or Clearview Mall in New Orleans, is there?

Alternatively, anyone in here go to Tulane? We should get together and Smash it up some time.
Welcome to the LA-Smash. Pretty much any of the tournaments that are worth going to are the ones that you're going to hear about in this thread. Nola itself doesn't have many tournaments. I'm currently working on securing a venue for one, but having my girlfriend[Sachi] move in put a temporary stop on my Smash brother's playing. Then added to that my friends wanted to do another D&D campaign, so that has been filling up a few days a week for me. @.@

Anyways, GameWare tournaments are in Baton Rouge, which is an hour or so drive. It tends to bring the best of the state. Now, every week we [Nola] tend to have a decent bit of players congregate at Dibbz, which is a Lan Center with two big screen tvs on Veterans Blvd. I haven't gone there in two months, but typically you'll run into some good Smashers there on Friday/Saturday, or you can announce you're going a day or so early on the boards, and someone will probably be willing to go.

From your previous posts on the forum, it seems that you enjoy Kirby. Last time I checked, two of our players, Cyphus [Houma] and Jiovanni007[Nola] also played him. Seems you also haven't had pleasant experiences versus Snake, unfortunately we have a few good Snakes here. [SniperX [Baton Rouge], Lee [Houma], Chad Lee [Nola], and myself.[Nola]] We have overall a diverse amount of mains here.

If you are curious of what kind of scene we have, you can view previous matches at:
http://www.youtube.com/user/UnwiseSudai
And
http://www.youtube.com/user/nseghe1

Any questions?
My Aim is Kyomamoru.
My MSN is kyomamoru@hotmail.com
And my Yahoo is Ran_iji

Ps: I'm unaware of anyone that goes to Tulane in our community. I could be wrong though.

D

Deleted member

and im not debating brawl vs melee or anything, but for the record, lee is the only good melee player *in LA* that actually prefers brawl. me and cyphus agree we like melee more but everyone plays brawl now so we play it some too. kyle only plays melee still. jon said he doesnt even care both games suk lol. and i havent talked to ricky so idk about him.

point is: i want to play some melee.

and i work saturday night... today was my night off. ill be off around 11:30-45ish tho if u stay up retardedly late like i do o.O

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
lol the funny thing is, i'm really talking about one of the people i fight in my group to call the double blind against by chance i have to face them lol.
Then by all means call double blind on his ***** ***!!! I understand where you're coming from, but like I said before, we're not douchebags here in LA and tend to only pick our mains anyway. I personally use a form of profiling to determine who I pick first out of my mains >.>

Welcome to the LA-Smash. Pretty much any of the tournaments that are worth going to are the ones that you're going to hear about in this thread. Nola itself doesn't have many tournaments. I'm currently working on securing a venue for one, but having my girlfriend[Sachi] move in put a temporary stop on my Smash brother's playing. Then added to that my friends wanted to do another D&D campaign, so that has been filling up a few days a week for me. @.@

Anyways, GameWare tournaments are in Baton Rouge, which is an hour or so drive. It tends to bring the best of the state. Now, every week we [Nola] tend to have a decent bit of players congregate at Dibbz, which is a Lan Center with two big screen tvs on Veterans Blvd. I haven't gone there in two months, but typically you'll run into some good Smashers there on Friday/Saturday, or you can announce you're going a day or so early on the boards, and someone will probably be willing to go.

From your previous posts on the forum, it seems that you enjoy Kirby. Last time I checked, two of our players, Cyphus [Houma] and Jiovanni007[Nola] also played him. Seems you also haven't had pleasant experiences versus Snake, unfortunately we have a few good Snakes here. [SniperX [Baton Rouge], Lee [Houma], Chad Lee [Nola], and myself.[Nola]] We have overall a diverse amount of mains here.

If you are curious of what kind of scene we have, you can view previous matches at:
http://www.youtube.com/user/UnwiseSudai
And
http://www.youtube.com/user/nseghe1

Any questions?
My Aim is Kyomamoru.
My MSN is kyomamoru@hotmail.com
And my Yahoo is Ran_iji

Ps: I'm unaware of anyone that goes to Tulane in our community. I could be wrong though.
yeah this pretty much sums it up. If you really wanna brawl tonight, bring your wii to Dibbz around 8 or so, bring a friend so random people don't come up saying "can we get some ffa's going*", and some people just start showing up and ask to hop in the rotation. I have to work today so I'll probably come through about 1030.

*I do not frown upon paying SSB casually, I do frown upon those that force their ways upon others. I personally try to get people into the competitive scene, but if they want to remain casuals, I don't push the subject in most cases. I also won't let people come onto my Wii and tell me how to play either. That is all

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
Hawks, your profile says you're in new orleans. I'm also in new orleans. Toss me some gas money and you have a ride.

Only thing is there's a possibility that I'll be spending the night. Kinda playing it by ear atm, but there's a chance.
Well my home's in New Orleans but I'm at LSU right now, so I'm living in Baton Rouge. It's really not far, but I won't have a car and I don't think the school buses go to college. I'll see if I can get one of my other buddies to bring me, but if not I'll have to find another ride.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
If anyone wants to get friendlies in before the tournament Friday, then I'd say try to show up as early as 5:30-6:00. We should have some things setup by then.

Dave's Stupid Rule is in effect: the same stage cannot be played more than once in a set. Full rules are in the first post if anyone is interested.

Hawk, where do you live, exactly? Gameware is pretty close to LSU, so there's a chance someone can just go pick you up on the way, idk. If not, I'm pretty sure CATS runs down College Drive. I have no idea what their routes or schedules are like, but I have seen their buses on College before. Maybe you could look up their routes or something?

-Ran

Smash Master
bring a friend so random people don't come up saying "can we get some ffa's going*"
I just laugh at them when they ask, even if I'm just the ONLY person playing in training mode. I tell them the FFA mode on my Wii is broken. My Wii has two modes, 1 vs 1, and 2 vs 2. FFA doesn't exist, and if they don't like...

Well, my Wii, I paid for the tv, too bad. =p

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
Ive never seen so many new faces in the LA Board......

Oh taylor ricky prefers melee over brawl also.

He gave up the competative brawl scene.

Also I like melee about.......30% more than brawl. Brawl is alright but its just "limited".

Taylor we could do teams melee against everyone while we wait for tournaments? lawl

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
I just laugh at them when they ask, even if I'm just the ONLY person playing in training mode. I tell them the FFA mode on my Wii is broken. My Wii has two modes, 1 vs 1, and 2 vs 2. FFA doesn't exist, and if they don't like...

Well, my Wii, I paid for the tv, too bad. =p
Lol you talking about the dibbz kids??? They don't let me play with them b/c I ruin there FFA's and never have to give up the controller lawl......

Pritch

Smash Lord
Still interested in playing some melee today. Anyone else that's in the general vicinity of new orleans wanna play?

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
They don't let me play because I'm big and black D:

but srsly they do kinda get an attitude when people wanna get competitive, I'm gonna have to start doin what ran does.
I think we should just be like.....if someone walks up and says "can i get in this"

Say NO ***** F OFF or...

Say this " Im sorry we are only doing 1on1's and your just not good enough."

Then if he says he is good, we play him and try our hardest to 3 stock them. Then laugh and be like OMG YOU GOT3 STOCKED HAHAHAHA.

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
FFA's can be fun randomly with friends casually, but yeah other than that 1v1 and 2v2 are the way to go. :p Also, like Randall said, if you want practice before the tournament, I'm sure I'll be there setting up about 5 since I get out of class at like 2:30... Gives me time to go home, take a nap, eat, and then load up the vehicular. I look forward to another great time with you guys. :D

Pritch

Smash Lord
I actually remember doing ffas with items and goofy stages on the day after one of the gigabits tourneys in orlando with colbol, hozart, and someone else (otru, maybe?). **** was hilarious.

In general though, yes, the mode blows.

Edit: Still wanna play melee.

-Ran

Smash Master
FFA's can be fun randomly with friends casually, but yeah other than that 1v1 and 2v2 are the way to go. :p/QUOTE]

Yea, I only do FFAs with people that I know. I find that it's annoying playing in public places with a FFA with strangers. Tends to very annoying if/when they win. Plus, it's pretty fail when you're stuck watching the last two people in a FFA go at it. [And they so happen to suck.] >>

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
LA should rep up and go to the big Kansas melee tourney. There's a 500 dollar guaranteed bonus tacked onto whatever the tourney brings up if you're an OoS player.

Pritch

Smash Lord
As long as I don't have anything going on when it happens I'd probably be down to carpool to it. I'm all about roadtripping it up.

Is anyone playing anything a dibbz tonight?

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
I'm at dibbz, not 1 person with a wii or gamecube....

Feel free to come and play i'll be here till about 2am...

If you do decide to come call me let me know.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I should've gone to dibbz today instead of watching my hich school football team get ***** 28-0 (probably more cuz I left at half time).

I'll probably try to get to dibbz next saturday >_>

Also, I went over to a friend's house yesterday to try to get him into competitive smash. It started off as a 100$ MM, then just became screwing around. It didn't go over so well and he didn't seem too interested in competitive smash :(. There goes to hope of having any smash buddies (no homo) at my school.

Also, in response to Lee's post about M2K "preferring" brawl. This is one of the most recent quotes I've seen from him and it doesn't translate to "prefer".

Brawl is fun, but not as good as Melee's best days, clearly not.

it was just boring when I played marth and everyone shield camped without being able to approach easily. Brawl is in no way as good as Melee is, and I do not play either game anymore EXCEPT at tourneys (because of college + no motivaton + no one comes over hardly ever) OR when people come over (which is like, once or twice if I'm really lucky per month) but Melee is the better game

I am finding brawl more fun now, but that's just cuz i haven't been playing melee and I'm already USED to brawl, and there's more motivation to play brawl nor melee alone (wifi sucks), so my only real time from the game comes in at tournaments. I do think about the game a lot though (I can't help it; I'm obsessive), but lack experience still. Anyway, I play both, but only at tourneys, otherwise I play neither (unless someone wants to come over and play with me) anymore.

however, I do suggest that you all go to brawl tourneys and hopefully lose to me so I can make money off it until Melee comes out. I've only won like 4k off brawl so far I think, and it's already been half a year =(

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
Mura come ON. why is it that everytime i post anything about brawl vs melee or anything you have to try and qoute me and challenge my words. STOP. i dont have a problem with you but its just getting reallllllllllly old. just aggravating man. i cant make a post without you challenging it. i dont understand people on these boards. probably a good reason why i have like 10 posts in the last 3 years

rant

Pritch

Smash Lord
I'm pretty near dibbz and bored, so I'm gonna wander over there and see if you're still there. Probably gonna catch some quick grub on the way, but I'll be there pretty soon. Oh, and the 850 area code # that called you was me.

D

Deleted member

lol but he had a good point...
i dont see why refuting false information is so bothersome. it's not like he's trying to start a fight or anything.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
im not trying to start fights either, its just like everytime i make a post about it he attempts to prove me wrong with whatever i say. i mean i talked to jason(m2k) like 2 days ago about it . its just dumb

-Ran

Smash Master
His 'good point' was drudging up an old post from M2k, when Lee stated that it was from a private conversation between the two.

Fun fact: i talked to m2k and even he prefers brawl now. and i know me AND m2k dont suck. just stop. K. sorry. not really.
Just all seems kinda pointless to me.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
if u know what it means to butt****, batty, its obvious he gave, not recieved.

Congrats though (i think)

peach is alot of fun, i've been working on mine lately.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Probably gonna wander down to dibbz again today. Even if I can't find some melee, people there seem to like wcIII, so I should find somthing to do.

EDIT: Cyphus playing peach WHAT? You mean in melee or that other game? Also, you gonna be at gameware?

EDIT2: chillin at gameware, playing some wcIII, probably gonna be here till ~4:30 or so unless someone shows up. Someone show up already.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
if u know what it means to butt****, batty, its obvious he gave, not recieved.

Congrats though (i think)

peach is alot of fun, i've been working on mine lately.
Yeah, sorry, didn't read it thoroughly. Didn't know whether he butt****ed or was butt****ed. Whatever. xD

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Mura come ON. why is it that everytime i post anything about brawl vs melee or anything you have to try and qoute me and challenge my words. STOP. i dont have a problem with you but its just getting reallllllllllly old. just aggravating man. i cant make a post without you challenging it. i dont understand people on these boards. probably a good reason why i have like 10 posts in the last 3 years

rant
My problem is that you (and most other people who post something about Brawl vs. Melee) always post something that can be refuted easily and obviously, but act as if it should serve some convincing purpose. IMO, there is no evidence or whatever that can convert anti-sentiments in Melee vs. Brawl on either side. That's why when someone makes some angry post about Brawl or Melee, try my best to just ignore it. When I'm around a group of people I don't know, I don't even mention that I like Melee more than Brawl because it'll just end up in an argument in which people present arguments that can be easily challenged. My point: Posting the thing about M2K "preferring" Brawl wasn't necessary. If you just ignore people who say things Brawl/Melee-wise it'll eventually stop (though it won't change their opinion.) However, the worst way to handle the situation is to reply angrily. Yes, that guy was wrong bring back Brawl/Melee, but you should've known that his statement wasn't important enough to bother anyone (except you I guess), and that it would be best to just let him have his opinion.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=168741 you know you want to

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
mura: correct me if i'm wrong, but if how you feel is ignorance will cause debates to lessen...why did you present counter information to lee's opinion? You're asking lee to ignore melee/brawl debates...but you're not either- if you try to "correct" his opinions.
"If you just ignore people who say things Brawl/Melee-wise it'll eventually stop"
Do as you preach or be a hypocrit, sir.

pritch. i meant brawl peach. i dont want to go on a whole topic about brawl vs melee, but basically i dont play melee anymore for a couple personal reasons: not big enoug scene for tournaments abd after 8 years of trying to competitively get better- i'm tired. :p

mario sucks in brawl so I main Kirby now instead, with Dk as my 2nd....but like most good brawlers i feel confident in half a dozen characters due to the lower learning curve (which doesn't imply a lower plateu- only slower increase)

also...i masterbated 3x so far today.

Top Bottom