• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Pritch

Smash Lord
My dorm has a new roommate, and his name is mildew.:(

In other news, I'm back in town finally, and even though I still have yet to meet most of you people (minus the 4 or so that went to FCD) I'm still down to play melee with whoever wants to that's vaguely near NO.

When do people play at dibbz, anyways? Any specific times, or is it just when people call each other and **** happens? And if the latter, how do I get in on the aforementioned ****?

*insert obligatory "I hope I don't die to Ike" comment*

Sudai

Stuff here
I have a room mate now. He thought Thursday and Friday classes were canceled because of Gustav. 5th year senior..el oh el..

Luckily he has all afternoon classes and I have all morning classes, so I still get some privacy. Wew. Nap time, then I'm gonna ask him if he plays brawl once he gets back. O.o

Sudai

Stuff here
Give me a call whenever you think you could get over here? :p

I figure I could be lazy and not drive anywhere since I'm in the middle of you guys and Matt in Monroe? >.>;;;;;;

Battousai780

Smash Ace
My dorm has a new roommate, and his name is mildew.:(

In other news, I'm back in town finally, and even though I still have yet to meet most of you people (minus the 4 or so that went to FCD) I'm still down to play melee with whoever wants to that's vaguely near NO.

When do people play at dibbz, anyways? Any specific times, or is it just when people call each other and **** happens? And if the latter, how do I get in on the aforementioned ****?

*insert obligatory "I hope I don't die to Ike" comment*
Usually Fridays and Saturdays people go, but calling or posting on the board doesn't hurt either. In fact, I would usually do it because there are times when you get to dibbz and no one is there.

Link Eiyu

Smash Rookie
Ahem.

Is there a surefire way to get in contact with Stephen? I haven't seen a number or anything....

I'm in charge of the entertainment section of my school newspaper, so I'd like to get information on the different tourneys and events and such he does at the gameware. And perhaps interview him and put it in the newspaper. (Maybe doing such will attract more tourney players, and make the pot bigger or even provide more of a challenge for people.)

So yeah. I thought I may interview some people at the next tournament (Perhaps the winners will get an interview?) just to put some stuff in the paper. Along with any planned events Stephen has and an interview with him, if he has the time. I'm sure you guys know a way to get in touch with him.

Sudai

Stuff here
I'm pretty sure that the smash tourney + Gary's side tournies is the only even Stephen really does at the GW. Also, if you can't get in touch with him, I'm sure he'd be fine doing an impromptu interview. :o

Also. This Weekend. Sudai will be in BR. Friday night/Saturday Morning I'm gonna be at home, but I should be free from like..noonish Saturday till noonish Sunday if anyone wants to hang out.

Edit: So, I'm gonna be at home Saturday night/Sunday morning instead of Friday night now. . . Sooo, I can hang Friday night/Saturday

Link Eiyu

Smash Rookie
That always works, unless the paper moves up the due date for articles. I know we got pushed back cause of the hurricane, so yeah.

In any case, it'll be a decent start for the entertainment section. (First time we're doing one, as apposed to random articles.)

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
You can usually reach Stephen at the Gameware in the Mall, 225-769-1413. I think he might be doing a Rock Band / Rock Band 2 thing this week.

Gameware 4 is still on for next week, just in case anyone was wondering.

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
I'll probably be able to make it to Gware 4 at this point... But due to the hurricane nonsense, one of the LSU games got moved to the 15th of November, the weekend I was planning to use off to go see my gf... So yeah. I'm not sure how this all is going to work for the big tournament you wanted to have Randall. T_T I'm still up for that box of cards, tho, and it turns out I may have 20 to give you for that right now, so just let me know.

Also, looks like Ike is heading over to Texas. That's a slight relief.

Super Mario RPG on virtual console, too, so everyone go dl a copy! :D And I really want some chicken sandwiches... >.>

vegta12

Smash Rookie
some people from the shreveport scene wanted me to put up some videos. note i kinda screwed myself up on accident with zss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K0UrFvi4i8 samus vs zelda

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7E-mO9eJvs samus vs g&w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxluDXpXgtA zss vs lucario

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwGFm3-sCM0 lucario vs g&w

its weird having smash videos of me up instead of guilty gear ac vids, maybe we could train u sudai, well me and my brother doomscyther could :p

what do yall think of the two vids.

Sudai

Stuff here
some people from the shreveport scene wanted me to put up some videos. note i kinda screwed myself up on accident with zss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K0UrFvi4i8 samus vs zelda

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7E-mO9eJvs samus vs g&w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxluDXpXgtA zss vs lucario

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwGFm3-sCM0 lucario vs g&w

its weird having smash videos of me up instead of guilty gear ac vids, maybe we could train u sudai, well me and my brother doomscyther could :p

what do yall think of the two vids.
Nice. How many people do ya'll usually play with in Shreveport? I wouldn't mind driving over there every now and then, honestly, I just don't wanna make Matt feel like he's left out. Soo, Matt, if you want, you could drive over here and then I could drive you to Shreveport that way you only have to drive once. But I mean, that's still 2 hours on the road for you. X.x

Sudai

Stuff here
Alright, well, if we do this it'll most likely be in like..3 weeks. Heading down to BR this weekend to pick up stuff for college then heading down against next weekend for the tourney.

Matt, I know you said you're free after 5ish on weekdays, is there any way you can get off earlier than that next Friday for the tournament? I'm leaving here around 1ish to get there in time.

Pritch

Smash Lord
So I'm curious about somthing here. Back at gigabits in Fl there was usually a melee setup or 2 at their brawl tournaments for friendlies and the like. Is that the case with gameware? And if it isn't normally and I brought one with me would people be interested in playing on it/would management yell at me or somthing?

I'm in this awkward position of wanting to meet people on the scene but not liking brawl, and this seems like a way to get around that problem.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Nick, that's cool, but I dunno if I have the money right now, haha. There's a tourney the weekend of Gameware, so it'd be cool to do stuff before that. I'll have more cards to work with. Also, we haven't been to Laser Tag in a while, so I'm not as certain about that tournament.

Sudai, are you only planning on bringing samusedaway to Gameware with you, or have you met some other smashers willing to travel? Either way, it'll be cool to hang out and stuff.

We normally don't have a setup for Melee, though the only concern about having it would be space. Gameware isn't that large, so TVs get kinda crammed as it is. I get kinda paranoid about having enough setups, but we've always been okay. If you bring it, we could probably get something worked out.

Pritch

Smash Lord
I'll probably do that, then.

Btw, what cards are you guys talking about here? I'm ridiculously addicted to mtg and would be totally down to bring a deck or 2 over and play if that's what you guys are talking about.

Sudai

Stuff here
There's one other kid I've been playing with over here, but he's ridiculously horrible and I don't know if he wants to drive that far to get his butt whopped, but I'll talk to him.

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
1 is kinda impossible unless I start taking vacation time, and I need all that I have for Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Years. Earliest I can leave work is probably around 4. If I go straight to Ruston it takes about 20 minutes. That's way after 1 still, so I'll probably have to miss out :(.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Ahh, I see. Well, if no one else wants to come with you Sudai, that's fine. I mean, you haven't had much time to turn them into pros or anything.

We're talking Pokemon, but I have a few Magic decks. I'll bring them to Gameware. They're kinda old cards, since I haven't gotten anything since Kamigawa block.

It sucks that you'll miss out, samusedaway. Hopefully we'll have a Saturday tournament sometime in November. Maybe you can make it down for that?

Regarding Gameware, who all is bringing stuff? I pretty sure Nick, Gary, Vaughn, Stephen, Alex, and myself have most things covered, but not all of it.

Also, who would rather low tier as opposed to teams?

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
as long as singles doesn't end at 1:30 or later.

get hype

nice rob vid sudai

every tourney is a low tier tourney

im am bored as flip at work atm

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Regarding Gameware, who all is bringing stuff? I pretty sure Nick, Gary, Vaughn, Stephen, Alex, and myself have most things covered, but not all of it.

Also, who would rather low tier as opposed to teams?
As far as bringing stuff is concerned I don't want to say that I can since every time I oblige to bring something I end up not going and when I don't bring anything I always end up there. I do however have a Wii with a fully unlocked Brawl and my roommate (who isn't coming this time) does have a CRT that he seldom uses so something may just happen.

Also I would love to do low tier opposed to teams this time. Not that I dislike teams, I just love the notion of low tier tournaments. It gives me the opportunity to use characters I love not named Kirby in a serious way instead of letting small children counterpick against them >.>

Sudai

Stuff here
Randall, I'm bringing my Wii and Laptop as per usual.

I talked to the guy that would be coming with me and he said he'd enjoy coming down. I told him I still had to talk to people about a housing situation for him though cause I don't wanna just be like "Yo *****es, he's staying at your place!" so yeah. This guy is pretty bad right now, I meant to show him Smashboards, but I keep forgetting. x.x

Soon!

Matt, sad to hear you wouldn't be able to make it. I want to leave at 1 cause that puts us there at 5:30ish driving casually, but I drive a bit over the limit...all the time..so realistically we'd get there between 4:30 and 5, but then traffic puts us at about 5:30 again due to rush hour and what not.. but yeah. Basically I just don't wanna be in a rush driving and since the tourney starts at 7, leaving at 4 would be a bbaadd idea. Hah. You can definitely ride with me for a saturday tourney whenever that happens. : )

My ride offer extends to you guys in Shreveport as well, granted people don't mind letting you stay at their place for a night or two.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Cool stuff.

So for a low tier tournament, what's the general consensus on who to include: mid and low, just low, or something cut-off of our choosing? I'm thinking mid and low right now. That'd be Toon Link on down.

vegta12

Smash Rookie
the tournament is at baton rouge right? i know chimera and friend gary wants to go along with pat, ill try to get things this weekend up to see whats up so i know i need to call in to work next friday. also sudai we have a nice group of people. of course we have some that play more than others u know. also one of our guys named brian is at tech too if you want to play him. he s pretty good.

D

Deleted member

So I'm curious about somthing here. Back at gigabits in Fl there was usually a melee setup or 2 at their brawl tournaments for friendlies and the like. Is that the case with gameware? And if it isn't normally and I brought one with me would people be interested in playing on it/would management yell at me or somthing?

I'm in this awkward position of wanting to meet people on the scene but not liking brawl, and this seems like a way to get around that problem.

i've been trying to do that since brawl tourneys started. >.>
it's true the brawl tourney takes alot of time, but now is when the numbers of participants start dwindling because all the kids and nub teens realize they dont stand a chance so they stop giving away their money. i wasnt going to go to the tourney at all, but if pritch will be there to play melee, i'll have to attend.

sudai will probably play too, ken if he's there, and i'll try and get tim to come but he's a ******* with his gf and no time for friends even tho he has no job... >.>

anyway sudai, im off work friday and i work saturday night so im ready for a fun filled friday night of staying up way too late.

raise ur hand if u want a little melee side tourney! maybe just a couple tvs after brawl pools when they arent using all the tvs for matches anymore. prob wouldnt have more than 12 or so people. a couple bucks and double elim would be fun. i might could even get kyle to come for that.

*raises hand*

so i think the way low tiers were done in melee, wasn't necessarily mid tier and down (it just turned out that way?). i think the focus was more on the bottom half the cast, which would cut off toon link, olimar, and possibly fox depending on how u split it. theres an odd number of chars so u cant split it evenly. i could be totally full of **** tho so w/e.

but instead of low tier we should totally do an official side tourney of melee proportion. either singles or teams, but something to make me show up.

Top Bottom