• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Slyfer070

Smash Cadet
I really think we should do teams first next time or have them going at the same pace. I think that was the most fun I had the whole tourney. And that was with only 6 teams going at it.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i'd rather a "low tier"

Sheik
Sonic
Peach
Mario
Jiggly
PT
Link
Ganon
Falcon
Samus

would be my suggestion. unless u want it to be a "mid" tier tournament...which i wouldn't reccomend as its harder to define. I like the idea of 10 characters for low, myself though.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
The problem with teams first is that Singles is the big event and we're starting at 7:00pm. We tried a month ago, and some people who wanted to enter Singles had to leave before it even got started. Most people who want to play teams will stay for it, so I think a larger percent of those who want teams would play in teams if it was last. Also, both together is a bad idea. We'll have too many people playing in one and slowing down the other.

Of course, we could always do low-tier teams, haha.

Cyphus, I'd probably go with Low and below from the SBR list. That's 11 characters which allows some diversity. Middle might be a bit too much: Toon Link, Olimar, and Zelda, for example.

For reference:

Low
Lucas
Ness
Mario
Pokémon Trainer
Samus
Yoshi
Sonic
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Link
Captain Falcon

Sachi

Smash Rookie
Lol, well if my girlfriend still loves me a month from now, I'll bring her. And y'all can battle it out. I'm sure you're not terrible, cause your boyfriend's good. I didn't know there was so many female smashers, I think my gf would enjoy it.
Hehehe. Maybe... I had a friendly match with someone on Friday ( I was sitting, didn't really look up to see too well ), could ask him if I'm any good! Or ask Ran, of course.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
regardless of who we include (your list if perfectly fine with me), i'd much prefer low tier. Teams has become sort of....gay, to say the least. I always try to get the top players to not team with each other, but it usually doesn't turn out that way. :/

Low tier would be alot more interesting and we'd get to see many player's skills in non-cheap characters...

Lee's good with Sonic and Ness, and i use Lucas and...well...i'll start working on someone else.

Redson

Smash Journeyman
Low tier? Does Shiek count as low tier...? I think she's middle...crap. It would still be fun though. I'd have the chance to use my crappy ganondorf again. Fun times, fun times.

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
Lmao @ those videos Cyphus. Oprah walked right into that trap... XD

@ Jiovanni, man you didn't disgrace yourself at all, you put up one hell of a fight if you ask me. Your Luigi was tough as balls and we definitely just had an awesome set. Thanks for the compliment on my D3, tho... ^_^

My vote goes for low tiers as well. I kinda agree with Cyphus on this one, it'd be more randomly fun that way to see who's got the better low tier character. Joe's Samus will be quite the contender probably. :p I dunno if I wanna go Sonic, Yoshi, or Ness, though... Guess that's something to look into.

As for vids, I'm gonna work on getting them up as soon as I can, school is just bearing down it's vicious claws right now... Needing to work on a senior project year-round while dealing with 2 labs and other rough homework is gonna hurt... That's what I get for wanting to be a Mechanical Engineer though... DX I'm hoping to get some clipping done Wednesday or Thursday night, depending on several things... Then maybe start throwing them online Saturday through Sunday. Randall, you think you could help me with whatever vids are on the external hard drive? I haven't looked yet but I know I have 30 alone on my laptop. T_T

RickyB

Smash Cadet
if its low tiers i'll definitely enter..
or random charters with items maybe? Just Kidding... but really...

by the way has anyone seen my bottle of jager?

Slyfer070

Smash Cadet
regardless of who we include (your list if perfectly fine with me), i'd much prefer low tier. Teams has become sort of....gay, to say the least. I always try to get the top players to not team with each other, but it usually doesn't turn out that way. :/

Low tier would be alot more interesting and we'd get to see many player's skills in non-cheap characters...

Lee's good with Sonic and Ness, and i use Lucas and...well...i'll start working on someone else.
aw what's wrong with teams? We play with Team attack on, so not much gayness can come from it, such as people not liking campy teams. Don't kill my dream of getting 1st in teams at some point in my life by taking it away QQ

Redson

Smash Journeyman
Because when people like Lee and Sudai team up, its just not fair. I know that they have talent and all, but srs. Why allow two gods to team up? Team Lawnmowers had a 100% win rate, didn't they? Who the hell wants that? (Aside from them, of course.)

Its like holding a monopoly over business. Some companies are just TOO GOOD.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
The problem with teams first is that Singles is the big event and we're starting at 7:00pm. We tried a month ago, and some people who wanted to enter Singles had to leave before it even got started. Most people who want to play teams will stay for it, so I think a larger percent of those who want teams would play in teams if it was last. Also, both together is a bad idea. We'll have too many people playing in one and slowing down the other.

Cyphus, I'd probably go with Low and below from the SBR list. That's 11 characters which allows some diversity. Middle might be a bit too much: Toon Link, Olimar, and Zelda, for example.

For reference:

Low
Lucas
Ness
Mario
Pokémon Trainer
Samus
Yoshi
Sonic
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Link
Captain Falcon

Yeah! Woot! yeah! low tier! go Pokemon Trainer!

Slyfer070

Smash Cadet
Because when people like Lee and Sudai team up, its just not fair. I know that they have talent and all, but srs. Why allow two gods to team up? Team Lawnmowers had a 100% win rate, didn't they? Who the hell wants that? (Aside from them, of course.)

Its like holding a monopoly over business. Some companies are just TOO GOOD.
but my team beat them that one time before they counterpicked rainbow cruise :(. That means it's possible!

Sudai

Stuff here
fuc.king forever!!

We actually lost twice at this last tournament. Once when we stupidly striked our way to delfino (Sorry Lee. I know how much you hate non-neutrals. D: ) and then once on Smashville cause we just let them fill up the bucket like..12 times. XD **** GnW in teams.

My vote still goes to teams. Even if it's randomly assigned teams. The way I see it, if I wanted to play a low tier, I'd man up and play a low tier during the actual tourney. (Props Testament! Whooot Whoot!) Whereas if I want to play teams in the tourney, the closest I can get is effing Ice Climbers and who in their right mind wants to team up with a CPU? (Ok, granted I did back in a Melee tourney forever ago and made it past two rounds, but what the **** ever, right?)

Basically, I'll enter any form of teams, ****, even if it's low tier teams (ahh, sounds horribly awesome. lmao), but if the choice is low tier, I most likely won't enter. No one pull that tier ***** crap either cause 1) ROB != top 5 and 2) I'm pretty confident in my PKMN trainer in low tier.

Honestly though? I'd like to see Melee Teams the most.

-Ran

Smash Master
So, I've secured Dibbz as a venue for Smash Brothers tournaments. They'd prefer having it on Sundays at the open of store, but I'm sure I could sweet talk them into letting us have a Saturday. [since I said I'd use their website to promote it.]

The tournament is going to take place at the last Sunday of every month. The first tournament will take place October 26th. The goal is going to be to have tournaments in BR and Nola separated by two weeks. The rules will pretty much be the same. I know the timing of being on a Sunday will cause many out of towners to not come, but NOLA has a strong core tournament Base.

Instead of doing Teams/Singles. We'll focus on Singles with pools!

Furthermore, I'm thinking of having a larger pot. Since the tournament is only going to be SINGLES / pools, I'm thinking of making it a ten dollar entry fee. More bang, for your buck. At that point, I'd spread the split a bit more.

50/25/15/5/5
Basically, 30 people = 300 dollar pot. = 150/75/45/15/15.

PS: Jungle Japes will be banned.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
@ Jiovanni, man you didn't disgrace yourself at all, you put up one hell of a fight if you ask me. Your Luigi was tough as balls and we definitely just had an awesome set. Thanks for the compliment on my D3, tho... ^_^

As for vids, I'm gonna work on getting them up as soon as I can, school is just bearing down it's vicious claws right now... Needing to work on a senior project year-round while dealing with 2 labs and other rough homework is gonna hurt... That's what I get for wanting to be a Mechanical Engineer though... DX I'm hoping to get some clipping done Wednesday or Thursday night, depending on several things... Then maybe start throwing them online Saturday through Sunday. Randall, you think you could help me with whatever vids are on the external hard drive? I haven't looked yet but I know I have 30 alone on my laptop. T_T
Our set was extremely smexy, but I was just upset moreso at my whole attitude that day. For some reason instead of being the jolly ole chap that I'm usually am I was just not feelin being there for some reason. Oh wells, I feel better now and yeah your D3 is rapetastic.

For reference:

Low
Lucas
Ness
Mario
Pokémon Trainer
Samus
Yoshi
Sonic
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Link
Captain Falcon
Yeah I'd prefer low tier over teams. Low tier does allow for some other characters to shine instead of me having to fight a bunch of Snake's and MKs. My PT really would like to see the light of day in a tournament setting.

So, I've secured Dibbz as a venue for Smash Brothers tournaments. They'd prefer having it on Sundays at the open of store, but I'm sure I could sweet talk them into letting us have a Saturday. [since I said I'd use their website to promote it.]

The tournament is going to take place at the last Sunday of every month. The first tournament will take place October 26th. The goal is going to be to have tournaments in BR and Nola separated by two weeks. The rules will pretty much be the same. I know the timing of being on a Sunday will cause many out of towners to not come, but NOLA has a strong core tournament Base.

Instead of doing Teams/Singles. We'll focus on Singles with pools!

Furthermore, I'm thinking of having a larger pot. Since the tournament is only going to be SINGLES / pools, I'm thinking of making it a ten dollar entry fee. More bang, for your buck. At that point, I'd spread the split a bit more.

50/25/15/5/5

Goood yit

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Ran, the (potential) problem with your split is that double elimination leads to a 5th place tie. You could fix this by having the two people who tied for 5th play it out or by extending to 6 payouts.

Sundays might be difficult to make, but it'd be possible for me. Also, make sure to have enough setups so it doesn't take forever. If you want any help/ advice just ask, I'll do what I can. Though, it'll be nice to be able to play friendlies at a tournament, haha.

I'm not decided on teams vs low-tier, but I do like variety.

I haven't been to Laser Tag in a long time, since their Pump machine has been broken. It's fixed, and I'll probably be there more. What do people think of me still trying to get Laser Tag for a large November tournament? It'd probably be a week or so after Dibbz.

Finally, do to some weird stuff, I'm pretty sure that the tio file from Friday was lost. If people want to tell me matches that they played, I'll do my best to recreate it and post on allisbrawl.

Something like this would work:

R1: played Brealon and won
R2: played Chimera and won
R3: played Sudai and won
R4: played David and lost
R5: played Chimera and lost

Thanks!

-Ran

Smash Master
Goood yit
Si.

Ran, the (potential) problem with your split is that double elimination leads to a 5th place tie. You could fix this by having the two people who tied for 5th play it out or by extending to 6 payouts.

Sundays might be difficult to make, but it'd be possible for me. Also, make sure to have enough setups so it doesn't take forever. If you want any help/ advice just ask, I'll do what I can. Though, it'll be nice to be able to play friendlies at a tournament, haha.

Thanks for catching it, I'd let them play it out to see who would get it. I feel that the top five players should all get something, ya know? Hopefully the BR crew will all come down here......... You owe us! :laugh:

Redson

Smash Journeyman
T-T-T-TRIPLE POST!

Diddy Deznuts, try using the edit button. We don't take kindly to triple posts round this part o town. Plus, it take sup less space.

Pritch

Smash Lord

50/25/15/5/5

Heh, you guys run cheap tournaments. I'm used to $15 for singles entry as the standard (and just split between 1st and second, maybe 3rd).

RickyB

Smash Cadet
Yeah diddy you better listen to Redson he knows about spamming bull**** that no one wants to hear -_-
So this dibbz tournament sounds awesome can't wait. I'll bring a wii and TV, if you want. also i'm trying to set up my laptop to record videos. i have the wires but i'm not sure which program to use. ( Div X?) Nick Sudai what do you guys use?

anyway butthole good forever

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
I use Dazzle, but from what I've seen, you're better off getting what Sudai uses. It looks easier and more friendly. Mine like burns the data onto like 30 minute intervals so I end up with like 6 videos which sucks when matches happen to get cut in between those 6... Not butthole good. D=

Anyway, my matches were kinda like this:
Round 1: Won against Sam
Round 2: Lost against Joe
Round 3: Won against Drew
Round 4: Won against Testament
Round 5: Won against Gumby
Round 6: Lost against Sudai

And I don't think I'll be able to make it to the first Dibbz tournament... I haven't seen the misses in 2.5 weeks now and that's my first weekend where I'll get to see her (it'll have been 4 weeks then...). Sundays would work better for me, though, since I'll probably work many Saturdays this month that you'll be hosting those bad boys, but y'know, it's not about whether I can make it or not. Lol. I'll try to go to the ones I can though, so I'm looking forward to that. :D

Btw, Mega Man 9 is hard as balls. The bosses are ridiculously easy (I beat one with full health by literally spamming my Mega Buster >.>), it's the stages that are the challenge... At first it was frustrating but now it's kinda fun. I would recommend it to you all. ^_^

-Ran

Smash Master
And I don't think I'll be able to make it to the first Dibbz tournament... I haven't seen the misses in 2.5 weeks now and that's my first weekend where I'll get to see her (it'll have been 4 weeks then...). Sundays would work better for me, though, since I'll probably work many Saturdays this month that you'll be hosting those bad boys, but y'know, it's not about whether I can make it or not. Lol.
The tournament would be October 26th, which IS a Sunday. =p Also, if you haven't seen your girlfriend by then........ ****! =p

Redson

Smash Journeyman
Yeah diddy you better listen to Redson he knows about spamming bull**** that no one wants to hear -_-
So this dibbz tournament sounds awesome can't wait. I'll bring a wii and TV, if you want. also i'm trying to set up my laptop to record videos. i have the wires but i'm not sure which program to use. ( Div X?) Nick Sudai what do you guys use?

anyway butthole good forever
You hurt me deep, Ricky. You hurt me deep. I'm not so much of a spammer anymore. I haven't posted in ages! D:

No1luvsredson. /wrists

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Nick, I'll be able to help, but it'll have to be next week or later. I still have videos to do (I'm not good with this, haha) along with a paper and Physics test coming up.

Sudai

Stuff here
RickyB, I totally missed you asking for my help, but I use a VC Diamond 500 which is a proprietary program that came with my set-up.

As for videos being clipped and put up, it really shouldn't be that hard or take that long. >.> Dazzle just sucks in the way it formats files so you have to do unnecessary stuff in WMM. I'm sure they have guides for Dazzle that are far better than anything I could explain though. Check out the Videography section on smashboards. That's how I learned to do my stuff quickly. :x

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
I have a few questions about Friday, as I'm reconstructing the tio file.

1. Can a few people list everyone who entered (of those you can remember), no matter how obvious?
2. Could a few more people list matches, preferably theirs in order (but any will do)?
3. I think 4 people came from Shreveport. Slyfer = Joe? I have Slyfer, Chimera, and PKThunder. Also, PKThunder, who did you use again?

The matchups are most important, as I think I still have the sign up sheet.

Thanks for the help!

Sudai

Stuff here
I'll try to be as helpful as possible, but I really don't remember too many of my matches. :x

Beat people (don't remember, sorry)
Lost to Randall
Beat Eric
Beat Nick
Lost to Cyphus

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
The tournament would be October 26th, which IS a Sunday. =p Also, if you haven't seen your girlfriend by then........ ****! =p
Ah. Well in THAT case I'll see ya there. ^_^ There's an LSU game that weekend which means I have to stay in town for work. Lol. Don't worry, I'm still gonna see her the weekend of the 3rd and 10th. :D

Nick, I'll be able to help, but it'll have to be next week or later. I still have videos to do (I'm not good with this, haha) along with a paper and Physics test coming up.
Dude, school before Smash, that's how it goes 100%. Don't even worry about that. Just let me know when you can help...

Slyfer070

Smash Cadet
Slyfer is myself. Joe is vegta12. I lost both rounds to Cyphus(Lucario vs DK in both). Then I lost to Eric. Zelda vs Wario was a win for Wario(eric) cuz i killed myself at 0 percent QQ. Then Lucario vs Wario win for Lucario(Me). Then Lucario vs Olimar, win for Olimar(Eric).

PK Thunder

Smash Rookie
I was mainly using Wolf and G&W. I lost to some Snake with SNIPE as his name, then won two or three matches (I know my last win was against Joe/vegta12), and then lost to Chimera. Shreveport was dead set on knocking its own players out it seems.

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
So my laptop was stolen recently and that's why the tio file from Friday is lost.. Sorry guys. =[

Now my mom's pissed off and yet again acting like a worried wart.. Big surprise, I guess.. I wish I just wasn't watched over all of the time. I know it sucks, but it's not all that bad. It could have been worse.

I sold off my copy of Melee today, went to Starbucks, and got a Venti Iced Chai Latte. And it was delicious. Best $5 trade I ever made in my life. =D

The tournament was alright. I just went and played friendlies, though. I'm not really entering tournaments anymore. Sorry for not being your teammate, Cyphus. Fun games with Ran, Nick, and Eric. LOL. And good games with Cyphus, Lee, and the Shreveport guys (namely Slyfer and Chimera). And I even got to set HRC records on EVERY TV!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!

In other news, Megaman 9 is indeed awesome, but like Nick said, it's hard as balls. I beat it though.

YAY!!

-Ran

Smash Master
The October 26 tourney will encourage costumes since halloween is the next week. =D Sara might be zero suit. =3 This will give us a chance to kick back.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
The October 26 tourney will encourage costumes since halloween is the next week. =D Sara might be zero suit. =3 This will give us a chance to kick back.
As much as I'd love to be a Brawl character I've already decided long ago that me and my friend are going as Diddy and Ma$e a la "Mo' Money, Mo' Problems"

My roomie found out how to wavedash in Brawl fyi.......not really......but seriously he can.......game genie.......

Top Bottom