• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
So we had a game night last night and I pretty much manipulated my way to winning a $10 gift card to blockbuster.....yeah....? I also found this random decent player. Granted he was no match for me, but with some refining, he could become a force.

On a lighter note, I need everyone's help to think of a good excuse to take Sunday off so I can go to the Dibbz tournament.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Gameware Monthly #5!

Date TBD

-FRIDAY, October ???? @ Gameware on College Drive (NOT the mall)
3151 College Dr., Ste. A-1 (Across the street from Great Wall)

At 6:00 pm show up and register - around 7:00pm we'll start.

Singles and Low-Tier

-Show up at 6:00pm
-Singles and Low-Tier
-$5 per division
-3 stock; 7:00 (ties by percent/stock)
-1v1; no items; best 2/3
-60/30/10 cash split
-Bring your own controller (and stool/chair if you want one)
-advanced slob picks
-Stage striking for first pick (players may agree on a stage or random)
-Stage bans: each player may ban one stage after stage striking occurs
-Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: a player/ team may not pick a stage that he won on previously in a set

STAGE STRIKING:

We will use STAGE STRIKING to start the set. NOT RANDOM. Basically, Player A chooses one stage from the Starter list that he doesn't want to play. Player B picks a stage he doesn't want from the remaining list. Players A & B alternate until only one stage is left. This is the stage for the first match.

Low-Tier Character List (SBR Tier)

Lucas
Ness
Mario
Pokémon Trainer
Samus
Yoshi
Sonic
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Link
Captain Falcon

Stage List
------------
Starter:

Lylat, FD, Battlefield, Smashville, Yoshi's, Delfino, Castle Siege

Counterpick:

Halberd, Brinstar, PS1, Frigate, Rainbow Cruise, PS2, Pictochat, Norfair, Jungle Japes, and Pirate Ship

Banned:
The rest

Sudai

Stuff here
I think Sudai's gonna sit out on the Low Tiers and just play Melee with Pritch and whoever. That is a month away though, so we'll see how I feel then? XP

Anyway, definitely bringing people with me to the GWare tournies from now on cause the guy I was supposed to be finally has his schedule cleared up now, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to trick people into the NOLA tournies. I -will- be at those unless I have a test in my Psyche class that monday, though.

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
So i went through my speed run of Mega Man 9 again today while waiting for Eric to get off of work. This time I got it in about 55 minutes and 18 seconds with only 4 deaths this time. No game overs. =D

XSniper

Smash Rookie
Too bad I didn't get to hang at Vaughn/Taylor/Eric's after tourny..yall musta had fun! Did u guys get the info u needed from the tourny? And Vaughn ur avatar must have got stolen ;x.
I find it weird that Vaugh didn't play in the tourny, but still another awesome Zelda player was causing havok with PKthunder.
Freddy where do u work at now?
Low-tier tourny sounds fun...since I KNOW lucas and Pokemon Trainer were put in the list by mistake! ;x

Slyfer070

Smash Cadet
Too bad I didn't get to hang at Vaughn/Taylor/Eric's after tourny..yall musta had fun! Did u guys get the info u needed from the tourny? And Vaughn ur avatar must have got stolen ;x.
I find it weird that Vaugh didn't play in the tourny, but still another awesome Zelda player was causing havok with PKthunder.
Low-tier tourny sounds fun...since I KNOW lucas and Pokemon Trainer were put in the list by mistake! ;x
I found that odd also. But THANK YOU THANK YOU! *royal hand wave*

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
So it turns out the Late Night is planned for the 17th. Seeing how I run the smash tournament at that, there's a problem.

This translates to Gameware 5 being a week earlier or later, most likely. I'll let everyone know when I find out.

At Gameware there will be Singles and Low Tier on the side, after Singles.

Slyfer070

Smash Cadet
So it turns out the Late Night is planned for the 17th. Seeing how I run the smash tournament at that, there's a problem.

This translates to Gameware 5 being a week earlier or later, most likely. I'll let everyone know when I find out.

At Gameware there will be Singles and Low Tier on the side, after Singles.
oh yay then. and omg idea. Why not....LOW TIER TEAMS?! :D But if yall are stuck on just low tier singles then that's cool. But I just thought it'd be cool and that i'd suggest it.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
glad to see that I'm not the only hardcore Mega Man fan here...part 9 was beast the first few times through though (and by few I mean about 20). I still absolutely hate Quick Man's level in Mega Man 1 with the instant kill cheese logs...not sure if anyone knows what I'm talkin bout tho >.>

I am pretty hype about the next gameware with its low tier division...I'll stay the entire time this go round...still wish Mega Man was in Brawl...

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
That's what I look like when I play Mega Man 9 and Vaughn in smash. :p Lol, j/k on the latter part... Not so much on the former... >.> But I WILL beat it tonight! ....Maybe....

David, we're working on recreating the tournament bracket, do you remember who you fought?

Cripes Vaughn, what the heck? You're like Zero, nothing in the original Mega Man universe can stand up to you! O.o

Edit: Oh, conflicts are no fun... Well, let me know as soon as you can if you're moving Gware up or down... So I can know which weekends stuff is to plan. I like planning.

Double Edit: Survivor starts tonight! Let's all watch Ken! :p

-Ran

Smash Master
Tournament ->

Round 1: The black, short guy with the EA shirt.
Round 2: Rendon? The Annoying shiek guy in the green jacket who wouldn't shut up.
Round 3: Cyphus. Lost.
Round 4: D3 from Shreveport. Lost.

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
To tell you the truth, David, I had just recently quit smash. I had already quit tournaments before then, but I don't think you were around to know quite what was going on in my head at the time. I blame Gustav for it, though I did wonder how you were doing. You should come and hang out sometime, by the way. My phone's on for ya. We can discuss it further.

I only went to that tourney to hang out and play some friendlies with people, which I did. And it was fun I must say. Free-for-all item matches with Eric, Ran, and Nick. Too good. Fun Zelda dittos with Slyfer. I won 3 out of 5 of those, but all 5 were close. Good player. Played a few with Chimera as well. Won with Zelda and barely won with Bowser. Lost with my Wolf lol. Good player as well. Had a few with Redson (kinda loud, but amusing nonetheless) and a few random games with Ran alone. All good games.

I played a little bit with Pritch in No Items Final Destination Fox Only (Melee). It was a little fun seeing as how he didn't main a character that had anything too broken, but alas. The meaning of this game still remains to be same to everyone around me. It's rather boring and it's useless to try to really argue for it because I don't think anyone likes to really argue about it. Namely me.

Now I've sold off both of my copies of 64 and Melee. And I rarely even get the urge to play Brawl. I'm keeping that as a keepsake for whenever I get the urge to play as Zelda (because you can't in any other game) or to just mess around with items/other modes. And simply put, I just think there are better games out there to play. Ask Taylor. I was all over 100%'ing Zelda : OoT and now I'm speed running MM9 for the hell of it. And I'm having more fun now.

And yeah.. I think Slyfer stole my avatar, but that's alright. I like this one too. =]

-Ran

Smash Master
Dallas is coming to the Nola Monthly. They are bringing 10 to 15 players, most likely... They'll need housing.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
its a travesty that i have not downloaded mm9 yet for ps3. might download it this weekend.
got an A on my physics test. So pissed about genetics. prob failed honestly.

tourney: Beat Dominic?
Lost to LEE
Beat AeRO?
Lost to NIkzor

i hate my school so ****ing much right now. theres a great deal of *****made mother ****ers around here

I wont enter low tier either. every tourney is "low tier" imo.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
So I was thinking about moving Gameware back one week. That would put it on the 24th, I believe. This is only a few days before the Nola tournament. My question is, would it be a good thing to have two tournaments in one weekend?

Some people may decide to only attend one. I mean, for some people, one tournament in a weekend is enough smash. Or maybe they decide to save gas and go to one but not the other. I'd hate to cut attendance for both tournaments by moving it back a week.

On the other hand, anyone who would travel a considerable distance might be more likely to come this way if there are two tournaments one day and an hour apart. I mean, Gameware could be a warm-up, given its lower entry fee and whatnot.

What do people think?

-Ran

Smash Master
I think having them separated by only a few days wouldn't be good for either tournament. It'll reduce attendance. A lot of players need to take time off to compete in just one of them.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Why not have them a week apart. Like have the Gameware monthly one weekend before or after the Nola Tournament.

Redson

Smash Journeyman
Tournament ->

Round 1: The black, short guy with the EA shirt.
Round 2: Rendon? The Annoying shiek guy in the green jacket who wouldn't shut up.
Round 3: Cyphus. Lost.
Round 4: D3 from Shreveport. Lost.

Ouch man. You didn't even remember my name...

Again people, I'm sorry if I'm annoying. When I get nervous, I blather. You don't have to rub it in.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Not to mention you had that economy sized Monstar that you chugged down in less than a minute. and scarred that couple outside who was watching you.

-Ran

Smash Master

Ouch man. You didn't even remember my name...

Again people, I'm sorry if I'm annoying. When I get nervous, I blather. You don't have to rub it in.
In all honesty, I couldn't say anything to you in real life at the time, since it would have caused me to say some rather hostile words. Please control yourself next time.

Sudai

Stuff here
Two tournies in one week = Sudai only traveling to one, sad to say. 5 hour drive is a bish.

Also, I'm gonna know the Dallas peeps before you guys. Nyeah~ ; P

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
Vids are on their way up... Probably half will be up by the morning, I'll get the other half up later. Youtube multi-uploaded messed up half-way through my descriptions and it appears that half of the vids aren't in the queue... I'll just get 'em up later I guess. >.>

Edit: So Youtube is gay and server errors are gonna probably prevent me from uploading. I'll get to them slowly I'm sure... Just give me some time please. T_T

Sudai

Stuff here
(8:15:39 PM) DallasPhat: does la want alittle crew battle with dallas?
(8:15:44 PM) Unwisesudai: I could ask?
(8:15:45 PM) DallasPhat: Ah dang
(8:15:47 PM) DallasPhat: go for it
(8:15:53 PM) DallasPhat: say.. 5-10 dollar per person?
(8:15:58 PM) Unwisesudai: That'd be cool.
Lee, Cyphus? *really doesn't know who the other two would be*

It'd either be at one of the HOBOs (Houston Monthly, pulls in 100+ usually) or the big Summer '09 tournie being hosted by the Mages + Nealdt.

Also,

(8:11:41 PM) Unwisesudai: I was just curious cause the host claimed that 10-15 Dallas players were supposed to be coming. I just wanted to clarify before I got my hopes up. XD
(8:11:57 PM) DallasPhat: WHAT... hmm i dont know who pmed him...
(8:12:02 PM) DallasPhat: ****ing probably d4ba/damien
(8:12:06 PM) Unwisesudai: haha
(8:12:13 PM) DallasPhat: i can see him doing **** like that
Don't be too sure on the Dallas guys coming to Dibbz? Iunno. Just what DPhat says. XD

Edit: Oh, and Chimera, Slyfer, Joe? Any of you wanna go to that Dallas tournie too? The one I posted up got merged with one that's about an hour further away. 30+ people expected, starts at 3. I'll PM one of ya'll the address if ya'll wanna come as well.

RickyB

Smash Cadet
In all honesty, I couldn't say anything to you in real life at the time, since it would have caused me to say some rather hostile words. Please control yourself next time.

^ agree

Any who, if the tournaments are on the same weekend i can only drive to one since i will be travailing from Houma, you know gas ect. and as much as i love Baton Rouge (i really do) if i have to pick it's going to be NOLA. It's closer and i want to go to fun arcade while i'm right there.

also Mario RPG too good (like butthole).

Slyfer070

Smash Cadet
Lee, Cyphus? *really doesn't know who the other two would be*

It'd either be at one of the HOBOs (Houston Monthly, pulls in 100+ usually) or the big Summer '09 tournie being hosted by the Mages + Nealdt.

Also,

Don't be too sure on the Dallas guys coming to Dibbz? Iunno. Just what DPhat says. XD

Edit: Oh, and Chimera, Slyfer, Joe? Any of you wanna go to that Dallas tournie too? The one I posted up got merged with one that's about an hour further away. 30+ people expected, starts at 3. I'll PM one of ya'll the address if ya'll wanna come as well.
If it's on saturday/sunday or next friday I can't go though i'd love to. But if it's a date i can request off for I could go.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Okay, that's what I wanted to know. I wasn't sure if it'd end up as a two tournaments in one trip or two trips back to back.

Unless everyone changes their minds between now and Saturday, I'm thinking the week before. I think that's Oct. 10.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
I work at Subway off of highland hahahahah

You can come in when im working and ill probably give you free ****.

Its pretty tight

Edit: Pritch, i live in BR like Taylor said, but if youre willing to drive down here for a day to play me and another guy then thats fine hah.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Bleh. Don't feel so much like making that drive 2 weekends back to back without a pretty good reason. I'm sure we'll end up playing at some point, though.

D

Deleted member

im a lvl 7x ranger on maple story
xD

1 job up to bow master!
im excited.

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
8/31 vids up. Gotta clip 9 more tonight or tomorrow, and plan to upload more vids probably between saturday and sunday nights... If I get 8 more on those nights, that'll put me at 24/40. Sorry this is taking a while, school is just unfriendly. Thanks for y'all's patience though. :D

Grats, Taylor. That's gotta be entertaining. :p

Randall, Idk if I'll be able to make it October 10th, it may or may not be my sister's birthday dinner... She seemed very unforgiving when I told her I was gonna go to Monroe that weekend... So I may or may not attend, depends on whether or not her birthday is on Saturday. >.> Aaaaand I just got a text that said Fri. Oct 10th. That sucks. :(

Top Bottom