• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
^ I've been watching Mekos since Brawl first came out and I started imitating him and other Lucas's I've played over time. I know a lil somethin to use him a bit, but I find him a lot more fun than Diddy.

Esotera

Smash Apprentice
How dd mekos do? I haven't looked.
Also, I'm pretty sure mekos didn't join the scene until 2010. First Lucas's were like Galeon and Tyr
:phone:

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
Yea he got 9th, he beat Gluttony and Tyrant in Winner's. Lucas is a strong character imo, it's just his recovery and the grab release problem.
Edit: He did play Wi-Fi on the MLG site too during the earlier Brawl days.

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
I just realized if I train my Lucas to be tourney viable, I could team with a Pikachu in doubles...Gunner/Cows, I'm looking at you two :p

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
Lol YEAHHHHH.

But we should get back on the doubles train.
And the RECORDING train. ****ing AL's system is obviously amazing, and we should copy them in every possible way.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Lol YEAHHHHH.

And the RECORDING train. ****ing AL's system is obviously amazing, and we should copy them in every possible way.

I'm already on that. I'm going to have Cam give me the recording program stored on the SD cards. I've had the time stamp program on my computer for a while now, so all the tournaments I attend (hosting or not) I will be able to record on a set-up or two. I'm going to push Erick to let me do this for Brawl instead of having him buy dazzles for all the Brawl TOs.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
All of you ought to fund raise so that you can afford seven or eight of them that live with whoever is willing to both travel and record.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Lol YEAHHHHH.

Yeah, but no one knows about it. It's an AL secret that's been running for a year. I sent Bomber the files. Replicate away, but do us the favor of calling it "The AL replay system."

Also, I finished uploading all the tournament sets before I left around 5, but I didn't have time to post about it. There are 34 sets to watch now. SKTAR eat your heart out (they had 8 recorded and were super hyped about it). Can I be a top 5 TO now?

Okuser

Smash Ace
To be fair all of the sktar videos have the commentary/camera angles.

But most importantly they are all 720p HD which takes significantly longer to upload.

But anyway, pretty impressive getting all the vids done so fast

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Neither.

(Don't ****ing give me an infraction, mods.)

Are you looking for a laptop, Nitez?

Edit: Actually, Vaios aren't too bad. HPs are alright, but that's only because just about anything is better than a Dell-built computer. I would just build a computer if I were you. It's not too terribly difficult, and you can get a *****in' set-up for a lot less than what you would be paying for a pre-built one.

Another edit:

Newegg is your friend. Take a look around.

Smooth Criminal

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
I'm doing the buy a laptop/get a free 360 deal.
And I asked around and I was told of the brands available that Sony and HP are really the only viable options.
They seemed to be leaning more towards the Vaio.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
The council you sought speaks sooth. If I were to get a pre-built laptop, I would definitely get a Vaio over anything else.

After building my own comp, though...? I don't think I'll ever go back to buying manufactured/pre-built jobbies. You get so much more bang for your buck building the damn thing yourself.

This is the one I built. The cost? Eight hundred and something-odd dollars. I was fortunate to have some quality parts leftover from my old computer (great video card, great HDD) so I was able to go crazy on a few of the parts for the new one. My ****ing motherboard and processor are redonk, for instance. i7 Quad-Core Ivy Bridge (3rd Gen Pentium) and that Gigabyte GA-Z77X---the former is stupid good processor in general, and the latter is the kind of motherboard that you can run servers off of.

Smooth Criminal

-Ran

Smash Master
If it's for college, my view is to get a disposable one. Theft, damage, part failure, etc, just seem to be at their highest rate when you're in college.

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
I just watched JNig vs cam.

All I have to say is... Just because you made a video on f-throw doesn't mean you shouldn't take guaranteed d-throw setups LOL. How many whiffed u-smashes and forced followups will it take...

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
After watching all my videos I'm pretty sure I literally never used spot dodge.

So I guess I should start using that ****.

Sure, if you're a *****. Or you can skip spot dodging and sex kick instead.
Edit: Sure, if you're a vagina. Sure, if you're a feminine orifice.
Edit: Oh, vagina works. You get the idea.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I just watched JNig vs cam.

All I have to say is... Just because you made a video on f-throw doesn't mean you shouldn't take guaranteed d-throw setups LOL. How many whiffed u-smashes and forced followups will it take...

Gunner, that's definitely not why I lost. I did try to follow up forward throw a few times, and I did dthrow to upsmash a few times. I didn't do it because I made a video on it >.> Dthrow to nair/upsmash is not guaranteed at really low percents, and I don't think dthrow to utilt is either. Regardless, it's a lot safer to have Wario in front of me than on top of me where one bad read can get me grabbed or fsmashed. I don't know why I tried fthrow upsmash because I knew that it wasn't guaranteed at the percent I did.

I lost because JNIG started controlling the stage a lot better and keeping me off. I also lost because he uses different followups out of jab than Luis, and that surprised me. He grabbed a lot more too.

Okuser

Smash Ace
I liked Gunner vs Bomber. Everything was all fine and dandy, squirtle was holding his own and doing just fine UNTILL the other pokemon came out rofl. Charizard gets chaingrabbed to like 80% and killed then ivysaur gets quick attack locked.

Poor charzard and ivysaur :(

Also Ness on Brinstar is some bull**** rofl. Yo Dave1 stop lurking and make an account

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I liked Gunner vs Bomber. Everything was all fine and dandy, squirtle was holding his own and doing just fine UNTILL the other pokemon came out rofl. Charizard gets chaingrabbed to like 80% and killed then ivysaur gets quick attack locked.

Poor charzard and ivysaur :(

Also Ness on Brinstar is some bull**** rofl. Yo Dave1 stop lurking and make an account

Yeah, I definitely learned a lot from playing gunner. I learned zard just isn't a good choice. I should have played more patient with Ivy though :(

Top Bottom