• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
to create tourney loyalty, you should offer incentive to more players, i.e. more liberal pot split. (40/30/20/10 I'm personally a fan of) It gives something everyone can shoot for, leaves more people happy, and less people salty. Place recognition + higher pot is enough to encourage players to try their hardest. i've never understood it necessary for 1st place to deprive reward from other accomplished players.
;tldr community > $
^This is a good idea it gives ppl more of a reason to want to come and participate. We should try it sometime.

eet

Smash Ace
its a legit idea but new players arent getting anywhere near top 4 lol and often instead just feel overwhelmed by skill gaps. Also a lot of people dont really 'get' forums or are too lazy to read ****, they just wanna play smash lol. For those people you should just be friendly and invite them to smashfest, like someone alrdy said imo lol. Shoop

:phone:

Sudai

Stuff here
Yeah, the money split effects the people that are reaching their skill plateau more than anything. While it's probably a good idea to change the split to something more community friendly (I know I'd enter more tournies cause 4th is usually enough to pay the entry fee and I'm pretty confident I could take 4th pretty easy if I wanted to), that wouldn't effect new player retention very much. It's all about making it fun and accessible for them, which means smashfest.

Actually, you don't even really need a smashfest, just a group of a few people that play at least once a week together on a regular schedule so when they ask, you can say "Yeah, a few of us get together at t time at x place if you wanna come practice/get tips/just chill"

BSP

Smash Legend
Some dude got legitimately mad when I explained how to DI my D-smash... Getting them on board for other tourneys seems a stretch.

I remember that...We were just trying to help :c

What about free amateur brackets after main events too?

pickle962

Smash Lord
Just out of sheer curiousity, why's this thread say "Flarefox Forever"? Did someone named Flarefox pass away or something? Also, yesterday I had a bit of an adventure buying condoms. I walked all around town during this tedious quest. The first two locations I went to (On The Run and Walgreens) didn't have any condoms. The next two places I went to (CVS and good ol Wal-Mart) had some condoms, but they were too expensive(I only had 6 dollars on me) After talking to my buddy about it on the phone, he told me to go to a gas station and buy a 3 pack. I then went to Walgreens just to see if they sold any condoms, but no dice. I finally went to a Murphy's gas station and I finally found some 3 packs for sale. I ended up buying a 3 pack of Trojan condoms which cost $1.99. I then walked home with a huge grin on my face while singing "We Are The Champions" in my head.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
Just out of sheer curiousity, why's this thread say "Flarefox Forever"? Did someone named Flarefox pass away or something? Also, yesterday I had a bit of an adventure buying condoms. I walked all around town during this tedious quest. The first two locations I went to (On The Run and Walgreens) didn't have any condoms. The next two places I went to (CVS and good ol Wal-Mart) had some condoms, but they were too expensive(I only had 6 dollars on me) After talking to my buddy about it on the phone, he told me to go to a gas station and buy a 3 pack. I then went to Walgreens just to see if they sold any condoms, but no dice. I finally went to a Murphy's gas station and I finally found some 3 packs for sale. I ended up buying a 3 pack of Trojan condoms which cost $1.99. I then walked home with a huge grin on my face while singing "We Are The Champions" in my head.
What the hell?!

BSP

Smash Legend

BSP

Smash Legend
Before I forget,

Smashfest at Gunner's place tomorrow. He says show up at around 4 or 5. Let him or me know if you need his address.

IShouldBeStudying

Smash Apprentice
Sorry guys, this one post will not be smash related.

A friend of mine and her family opened a restaurant in Baton Rouge not that long ago.
Kabuki

Here is the address:
5454 BLUEBONNET BLVD #A
BATON ROUGE LA 70810

Restaurant description: "Kabuki is a sushi and hibachi restaurant that also features Japanese and Korean cuisine. We have private Japanese tatami rooms, and we're one of the largest hibachi restaurants in Baton Rouge with 10 hibachi tables. We can also do large parties in our private party room with it's own hibachi table and bar."

And website: http://365menus.net/kabuki/index.php?i=1 (which includes menu/prices)

Try it out!

Curlz

Smash Lord
So I'm planning a carpool for Apex. Gas will be around $200 total so whoever is interested in coming will have to split that price with me. Whenever I find out who all wants to come I can ask about housing or I can look into getting hotel rooms.

I have 4 seats in my car that are open to wants to come. This is not limited to Brawl players, so melee people, let me know if you want to hitch a ride as well. I can pick you up wherever you are in the state and then we can head out from there to NJ.

This is a serious offer. Lol.

-Ran

Smash Master
So I'm planning a carpool for Apex. Gas will be around $200 total so whoever is interested in coming will have to split that price with me. Whenever I find out who all wants to come I can ask about housing or I can look into getting hotel rooms.

I have 4 seats in my car that are open to wants to come. This is not limited to Brawl players, so melee people, let me know if you want to hitch a ride as well. I can pick you up wherever you are in the state and then we can head out from there to NJ.

This is a serious offer. Lol.
Just remember, it's a twenty-one hour drive before stops are accounted for. You're probably going to stop for gas five times on the way there since the car will be loaded with people/bags. Pack lunches to make it cheaper and reduce the number of overall stops. Purchase a DC Inverter for your car so people can charge their portable entertainment devices. You'll want to get a small surge protector for this, if the yield on what you get is good enough to support it.

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
Just remember, it's a twenty-one hour drive before stops are accounted for. You're probably going to stop for gas five times on the way there since the car will be loaded with people/bags. Pack lunches to make it cheaper and reduce the number of overall stops. Purchase a DC Inverter for your car so people can charge their portable entertainment devices. You'll want to get a small surge protector for this, if the yield on what you get is good enough to support it.
Most relevant and useful post in ages.

And I was thinking gas would be more than 200...

D

Deleted member

that menu is ********. how can they efficiently support making so many different foods.

IShouldBeStudying

Smash Apprentice
A lot of those items can be made from relatively similar items and/or easily stored items.

It's not that unreasonable.

BSP

Smash Legend
Wait Gunner, I have a better idea. None of us are in school right now...I think...why don't we try to make a FNF?

Top Bottom