• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
BSP, if your tourney's on that day and I'm still in Slidell, I'll be there. :)

:phone:

Curlz

Smash Lord
Curlz, IDK how your parents are cool with you driving so far on what's probably a school weekend for you

I'll ask, but don't get your hopes up. We're talking a 20+ hour trip on a school weekend.
I'm 18 and graduated. Lol.

And let them know that this is a once in a lifetime trip. If you hype it up more than necessary then they'll be more obliged to say yes.
Although I don't know how black parents work >.>

But seriously, treet it like a track meet or something, "Mom, I've been doing so well at tournaments lately that I got an invite to Nationals in NJ! I have potential to win so much money." etc etc.

BSP

Smash Legend
BSP, if your tourney's on that day and I'm still in Slidell, I'll be there. :)

Cool

I'm 18 and graduated. Lol.

And let them know that this is a once in a lifetime trip. If you hype it up more than necessary then they'll be more obliged to say yes.
Although I don't know how black parents work >.>

But seriously, treet it like a track meet or something, "Mom, I've been doing so well at tournaments lately that I got an invite to Nationals in NJ! I have potential to win so much money." etc etc.
Moms don't do that :urg:

Trust me, I'd love to go, but I just don't think it'd work in with the current circumstances.

Look at this from parent perspective, "OK, my son wants to drive to NJ with people that I don't know and probably haven't seen before. They're going to drive for 40+ hours, and I have no idea about their driving backgrounds, or backgrounds in general. When he gets to NJ, he's going to stay 3 days at someplace that I don't know. He's going to do all this just to play a video game with some other people....that I don't know.

I've put lots into raising my child up to this point. There are so many things that could go wrong on this trip, and as a parent, I'd feel responsible no matter what. Now, am I really going to let him do this?"

This is Mom-Son love here. We'll never be in a similar position (except Sapphire and Kit Kat).

Even if my mom did say yes, I still probably wouldn't go because of the 20 hour drive. Seriously, that's a long time. If I were you guys, I'd still be trying to fly there if possible. (Rarity avatar is so fitting lol)

Besides, missing Apex 2012 isn't the end of the world. If there are more, I will be at those. If this is it...oh well, I'll just get to other hype tournaments.

If you guys go, you've got my support and I'll be on the stream of course. And like I asked Curlz, play other Sonics so you can tell me how bad I am :p

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Different note: If Adam! has quit, and so have .D, Byron, and Jonathan, how many "expected people" do we have for each tournament? We barely make 16 man brackets sometimes :\

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
To be fair, we haven't seen Jonathan Byron or D. at recent tourneys anyway.
I'm interested to see what the next PR looks like with so many "Inactives".

D

Deleted member

My girlfriend go me a new controller for Xmas since some *** stole mine at LAST. It's official gnc but its clear and purple and from France or some ****. Ready to **** some noobs now.

BSP

Smash Legend
Don't worry, soon you'll be #1 cause no one else plays.
First, that's a lame way to be the best, because then that means I didn't have to improve to get there

Second, I'm talking on a larger scale. I'm not really a random, but most people don't know me at the same time.

Edit: da K.I.D. says he'll be back in La. near the end of January. We should try to have a tournament near then.

BSP

Smash Legend
There's nothing wrong with marvel. Actually, it looks really fun. I just don't want to split my focus atm

Candul

Smash Cadet
My girlfriend go me a new controller for Xmas since some *** stole mine at LAST. It's official gnc but its clear and purple and from France or some ****. Ready to **** some noobs now.

in january houma will start showing to more tourneys again

Turazrok

Smash Master
Why do we want to be good at brawl again? I'll take wesker over metaknight any day

Savon

Smash Ace
Ryck is a *****. Now I know why so many people do not like him.

So basically since this was my first time playing ultimate with people in person besides my roommates who cannot really play, I was excited but nervous. I used my Skrull/Hawkeye/Arthur team to throw people off, and switched arthur with dorm when they figured out Arthur.

I won my first two rounds against a Nemesis/Doom/Wesker who hates marvel, but plays it to beat scrubs and make them feel bad (I hate people like that) and a former She-Hulk player who taught me most of the stuff I know with her. He played Zero/Nemesis/Strider.

I lost my 3rd round and loser bracket round to a Captain America/Viper/Hawkeye who was AMAZING. I lost my 4th round in losers to the guy who got 2nd.

The reason the tournament was BS is because the only controller I can use is a Ps3 pad controller. I made this clear to the TO and he was acting as if I was holding back the entire tournament. I could not help but notice that when other people played their matches he did not make a deal about which setup aka SYSTEM they used, but for EVERY ROUND I PLAYED he kept trying to put me on a ****ing xbox. To be fair to my opponents since 360 was the tournament standard, I read the brackets ahead of time and talked to everybody who I would have played before our match to make sure it was cool with them to play on ps3. The 1st did not care and we played. The 2nd was also a ps3 user and did not care. The 3rd played on xbox, but borrowed a friends fight stick to play me. What pissed me off most was that at one point out of the 4 setups, 3 of which were xbox, only the ps3 one was open. Noticing that the ps3 one was open I asked the TO if he I could play my 3rd round match on it while it was free to get it out of the way while the TV was free. IN HIS INFINITE WISDOM HE SAID NO WITHOUT GIVING ME A ****ING REASON. By the time our match for the 3rd round came the ps3 was in use for friendlies, so the guy I was playing asked the dudes to stop. They stopped and allowed us to do our tournament match. The TO however noticed and actually called me out saying "THE REASON YOU HAD TO STOP YOUR FRIENDLIES MATCH IS BECAUSE SAVON ONLY KNOWS HOW TO USE A PS3 CONTROLLER!"

When my round 4 game came around he said I had to play on xbox since it was the only system open. With no xbox controllers nearby I was forced to using a ****ing stick. Keep in mind I have never touched a stick in my life, and I was against the guy who got 2nd at the tournament. I did not even know how to pause the game. I just picked random both games and let him kill me. He even offered to just wait until the ps3 opened up to be free, but considering how much a ***** the TO was being I realized there was no point in bothering. Anyways he knocked me out. The people who beat me would have beaten me regardless, but that is not the point. I swear I just wanted to punch him in the ****ing face.

Anyways had a blast playing marvel. I love my team. I love this game. I am mad salty though. Never been this salty in my life.

/rant

Adam!

Smash Apprentice
Ryck is a *****. Now I know why so many people do not like him.

So basically since this was my first time playing ultimate with people in person besides my roommates who cannot really play, I was excited but nervous. I used my Skrull/Hawkeye/Arthur team to throw people off, and switched arthur with dorm when they figured out Arthur.

I won my first two rounds against a Nemesis/Doom/Wesker who hates marvel, but plays it to beat scrubs and make them feel bad (I hate people like that) and a former She-Hulk player who taught me most of the stuff I know with her. He played Zero/Nemesis/Strider.

I lost my 3rd round and loser bracket round to a Captain America/Viper/Hawkeye who was AMAZING. I lost my 4th round in losers to the guy who got 2nd.

The reason the tournament was BS is because the only controller I can use is a Ps3 pad controller. I made this clear to the TO and he was acting as if I was holding back the entire tournament. I could not help but notice that when other people played their matches he did not make a deal about which setup aka SYSTEM they used, but for EVERY ROUND I PLAYED he kept trying to put me on a ****ing xbox. To be fair to my opponents since 360 was the tournament standard, I read the brackets ahead of time and talked to everybody who I would have played before our match to make sure it was cool with them to play on ps3. The 1st did not care and we played. The 2nd was also a ps3 user and did not care. The 3rd played on xbox, but borrowed a friends fight stick to play me. What pissed me off most was that at one point out of the 4 setups, 3 of which were xbox, only the ps3 one was open. Noticing that the ps3 one was open I asked the TO if he I could play my 3rd round match on it while it was free to get it out of the way while the TV was free. IN HIS INFINITE WISDOM HE SAID NO WITHOUT GIVING ME A ****ING REASON. By the time our match for the 3rd round came the ps3 was in use for friendlies, so the guy I was playing asked the dudes to stop. They stopped and allowed us to do our tournament match. The TO however noticed and actually called me out saying "THE REASON YOU HAD TO STOP YOUR FRIENDLIES MATCH IS BECAUSE SAVON ONLY KNOWS HOW TO USE A PS3 CONTROLLER!"

When my round 4 game came around he said I had to play on xbox since it was the only system open. With no xbox controllers nearby I was forced to using a ****ing stick. Keep in mind I have never touched a stick in my life, and I was against the guy who got 2nd at the tournament. I did not even know how to pause the game. I just picked random both games and let him kill me. He even offered to just wait until the ps3 opened up to be free, but considering how much a ***** the TO was being I realized there was no point in bothering. Anyways he knocked me out. The people who beat me would have beaten me regardless, but that is not the point. I swear I just wanted to punch him in the ****ing face.

Anyways had a blast playing marvel. I love my team. I love this game. I am mad salty though. Never been this salty in my life.

/rant
That's cool and all, but uh...***** didn't ask you all that

Inb4ryckreadsthis

'V'

Smash Lord
Savon, get a PS3/360 converter like I did. That way you can play on both whenever. You can get them for like $10 on amazon. I have to reset the entire PS3 to use my 360 fightpad, but whatever. *****es can wait.

BSP

Smash Legend
Looking back at the earlier part of 2011, I noticed we actually had a decent bit of hype for smash :/

Too bad everyone's quitting >.>

And savon, I'd recommend getting a converter too

Don't remember if I said this or not, but I get definite news about the first BRM on monday

Edit: gah, west coast looks like melee central. Not enough brawl >.>

Turazrok

Smash Master
Looking back at the earlier part of 2011, I noticed we actually had a decent bit of hype for smash :/

Too bad everyone's quitting >.>

And savon, I'd recommend getting a converter too

Don't remember if I said this or not, but I get definite news about the first BRM on monday

Isn't WC great?

I love WC

Arcadia

Smash Apprentice
It is a sign from the based god that you need to learn Marvel. Straight up.

Don't worry, soon you'll be #1 cause no one else plays.

But....but....MAHVEL.......

in january houma will start showing to more tourneys again
Why do we want to be good at brawl again? I'll take wesker over metaknight any day

False. The point is that no one posting here really CARES enough to get good at brawl. Game is dying, at least locally.
If I ever need something to scrub my dishes with, I'll come here. This place full of scrubs
Isn't WC great?

I love WC
I approve these messages.

Top Bottom