• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

XKCP

Smash Journeyman

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
So I'm planning a carpool for Apex. Gas will be around $200 total so whoever is interested in coming will have to split that price with me. Whenever I find out who all wants to come I can ask about housing or I can look into getting hotel rooms.

I have 4 seats in my car that are open to wants to come. This is not limited to Brawl players, so melee people, let me know if you want to hitch a ride as well. I can pick you up wherever you are in the state and then we can head out from there to NJ.

This is a serious offer. Lol.
Let me get this straight: You have flaked out just about every single Louisiana tourney since the last one in Lafayette, claiming money johns or whatever, then you want to DRIVE all the way to New Jersey, AND say you're gonna pick people up WHERE THEY LIVE? Just the fact that you've been inactive, what do you plan on doing at APEX? Make it out of first round of pools? Considering that players all over the WORLD are coming and have been practicing for at LEAST 2 months for this, what will you get out of it?

You do not make any sense. As "serious" as this offer is, I still won't take it seriously.

And that plan needs some fixing. You need to set an estimate for how many people are coming (set a max number you are capable of bringing) and look for housing NOW. We're talking about Louisiana players... You won't know who's coming or not until the day you leave. And please, rotate drivers!

As much as I sound like a doubter/hater, if you do go, HYPE. Those expectations I have for you, prove me wrong. I hope all LA players that go exceed everyone's expectations! I'll definitely be watching the stream.

And for those who didn't go to Smashcon: SHAME ON YOU!!!!!

Anyone know how we can get new players in NOLA? I think it's just me and Adam right now... How do we get players hooked?

Turazrok

Smash Master
Ugh I have had the worst parent johns of all time tbh Justin lol. I got this in like 4 months though.

Maybe I'll take out my rage by punching homeless people while listening to linkin park.

Everyone go to Friday Nights Fights.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Let me get this straight: You have flaked out just about every single Louisiana tourney since the last one in Lafayette, claiming money johns or whatever, then you want to DRIVE all the way to New Jersey, AND say you're gonna pick people up WHERE THEY LIVE? Just the fact that you've been inactive, what do you plan on doing at APEX? Make it out of first round of pools? Considering that players all over the WORLD are coming and have been practicing for at LEAST 2 months for this, what will you get out of it?

You do not make any sense. As "serious" as this offer is, I still won't take it seriously.

And that plan needs some fixing. You need to set an estimate for how many people are coming (set a max number you are capable of bringing) and look for housing NOW. We're talking about Louisiana players... You won't know who's coming or not until the day you leave. And please, rotate drivers!

As much as I sound like a doubter/hater, if you do go, HYPE. Those expectations I have for you, prove me wrong. I hope all LA players that go exceed everyone's expectations! I'll definitely be watching the stream.
I don't think you're a hater/douche. You have every right to think that because I HAVE flaked out of every tourny as of late, but I just got a really good job so I've been able to afford stuff like this. I'm trying to make it up to the smash scene, in a sense, by offering a ride to APEX for being inactive so long...... IDK, it makes sense in my head.

As for what I'm going to get out of it; I love hanging out with smash players in general, even if I won't be up to snuff at the tournament, making it out of first round pools will definitely exceed my expectations. I haven't played since I last played Jonathon right after my *****fest about the PR, so I'm not expecting to get far. My main attraction is the UMvC3 tourny that's at APEX because I've been playing that almost nonstop since before Ultimate. I honestly just want to see how well I do.

With that said, I need to fix somethign about my previous post. I forgot to account for the trip back in my last post, so gas will come out to ~$400 instead of $200. I have 4 seats in my car and Gunnar is the only person who expressed interest, so I guess that leaves 3 seats?

Like JNig said, I WILL/b] be switching drivers, so please try to have a license if you're showing interest. xD

BSP

Smash Legend
Ok, so I got off my *** and went to Laser Tag and talked with the Management (pretty cool btw). LAST can keep happening, we just need a date.

So any ideas?

Since I'll be TO ( :D ), I gotta make sure it doesn't conflict with my track stuff of course, but that shouldn't be a problem. So let me know guys.

champ21bell

Smash Cadet
@curlz :

if u want to play umvc3 anytime soon let me know.

As for Brawl :

Im pretty sure i'm done as far as tournys go. i think .D and Byron are done as well. But i'm sure everyone will come back when smash 4 comes out.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Ok, so I got off my *** and went to Laser Tag and talked with the Management (pretty cool btw). LAST can keep happening, we just need a date.

So any ideas?

Since I'll be TO ( :D ), I gotta make sure it doesn't conflict with my track stuff of course, but that shouldn't be a problem. So let me know guys.
This needs to happen in February.

Bring Marvel/UMarvel and there should be a UMarvel tourney along with Melee/Brawl.

BSP

Smash Legend
I don't have UMarvel/Marvel :p

I'll hold off on setting a date until I know my own schedule during that month, but I think February is a good month for it.

Sudai

Stuff here
My vote would be a time when colleges are on break. At this point, we could shoot for a summer tourney and build a lot of hype, maybe do some smaller tourneys before then at LT.

As for you not having it, tons of people do so it won't be a problem. soisoisoi

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Yeah, what Sudai said makes sense. Smaller tourneys first would probably be easier and then we could have a major tourney during bigger breaks. Feb sounds like a good month for a small tourney.

BSP

Smash Legend
OK, that sounds great. So we're looking at February for a small tournament, and June/July for a bigger one. It'll most likely be June though, since I'll be much closer to leaving for college in July.

So like I said, let me get my schedule for Feb. first, then I'll throw out some potential dates, and we can go from there.

Hype.

~~~~~~

While we're talking, I'm assuming marvel runs like smash. Bracket matches are BO3 and finals are BO5 correct?

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Hmm, I'll know whether or not I'm keeping my Times Picayune job by then, but I'm interested regardless.

Oh and HYPE for LasT. 2012 should be a big year for LA smash, I predict!

D

Deleted member

Hmm, I'll know whether or not I'm keeping my Times Picayune job by then, but I'm interested regardless.

Oh and HYPE for LasT. 2012 should be a big year for LA smash, I predict!
doubt it.

10 doubts

BSP

Smash Legend
As of right now, Brawl for Apex has 271 entrants

O_o

That's going to take forever to run lol

'V'

Smash Lord
So I plan to run a Melee tourney at the Gameware Monthly on January 20th. I don't have the ok from Stephen just yet, but I'm sure it'll happen. It'll be the last Melee tourney I ever host and the last Melee tourney I ever enter, so be sure to make it.

I'm not sure if I'll run one for Brawl yet or not, though.

Candul

Smash Cadet
So I plan to run a Melee tourney at the Gameware Monthly on January 20th. I don't have the ok from Stephen just yet, but I'm sure it'll happen. It'll be the last Melee tourney I ever host and the last Melee tourney I ever enter, so be sure to make it.

I'm not sure if I'll run one for Brawl yet or not, though.
if it's your last tourney vaughn i expect zelda only. also, i will round up the houma crew for this tourney.

BSP

Smash Legend
Ok, so the first Baton Rouge Monthly (BRM) is looking like it's going to be on Jan. 15th. I know it's Sunday, but for my first tournament, I want to be cooperative as possible and LT says Saturdays are busy. I'm sure we can do Saturdays in the future once I get my feet wet though.

I'll get a definite answer for the date on Monday, so yeah. Entry fee for each tournament will be 5$. I'll aim for 40/30/20/10 splits unless turnout is really low, which I'll try to avoid by advertising in LT beforehand if I can.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Remember that the last day to register for Apex is Dec 31. Let me know if you want to come!

Blaise already claimed one seat, I think Gunnar expressed interest in coming. Who else wants to hop in the carpool.

It'll be right passed Christmas time, so I know everyone is gonna be fresh with money!

BSP

Smash Legend
Curlz, IDK how your parents are cool with you driving so far on what's probably a school weekend for you

I'll ask, but don't get your hopes up. We're talking a 20+ hour trip on a school weekend.

Top Bottom