• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
Anyone in BR want to get some practice in before smash-con? We'll have a few tvs and wiis over at my place like before last tourney. Starting around 5-6.

:phone:

eet

Smash Ace
im down the road past dominos at 4548 tigerland ave. courtyard orleans, the gated one on the right side, im in apt 85. got some hash and some good and some butter. no wii tho lol.

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
im down the road past dominos at 4548 tigerland ave. courtyard orleans, the gated one on the right side, im in apt 85. got some hash and some good and some butter. no wii tho lol.

Get your *** over here, though because everyone went home we're stuck with Reggie...

007-jake

Smash Journeyman
Blaise we still gotta money match. Ken too, but you don't seem to be down here often. Wonder when the next tourney is because I work today. sigh

BSP

Smash Legend
Back from the tournament

Lost to Lee and Jnig as usual, heh

Fun playing with you Zigsta. I should've put infinite replay back on the wii so our matches could be saved :c

Thanks for the ride Gunner, I really appreciate it. Always nice to hang with you and Caleb. BTW, if you ever want to talk to me about IRL stuff, feel free. I was so quiet on the way back because I was reflecting on my loses and figuring out what I can do better, while the matches are still fresh in my head and all.

I'm disappointed that only Jnig showed up from NOLA and a lot of BR wasn't present :mad: I hope you all had good reasons.

And Jnig, talk with that guy about doing more smashcons, but focusing only on Brawl/Melee. That venue is big enough for at least a regional; all we need is a date and time to advertise on SWF. Let's make it happen.

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
So I hear Phoenix Wright got nerfed in today's patch

Edit: Yup just tested it, his turnabout mode assist doesn't have a single hit of super armor

Geez faught an undefeated guy on heroes and heralds mode who was using cards that lets him start with 5 meters, team of one with phoenix, and something that let him regenerate super meter and gave him more than 1 xfactor. Had to fight 3 dark phoenixes >_<

'V'

Smash Lord
I'm disappointed that only Jnig showed up from NOLA and a lot of BR wasn't present :mad: I hope you all had good reasons.
Sorry, but out of all of the video games that I play, Smash is at the very bottom of my priorities list.

And Phoenix Wright got nerfed..? Crrraaaazzyyyy!!

BSP

Smash Legend
But there were a lot of other games besides Smash :urg:

We're like opposite Vaughn, smash is my top priority gaming wise lol

Edit: I've been wondering, when we have a lot of randoms at a tournament, what's the best way to get them to come to more tournaments? I tried to mention SWF to anyone I played that I didn't already know, but I'm sure we can do more.

Maybe at the start of the tournament, how about rounding all entrants up, and telling them how they can get to this regional thread so they can know what's going on?

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Edit: I've been wondering, when we have a lot of randoms at a tournament, what's the best way to get them to come to more tournaments? I tried to mention SWF to anyone I played that I didn't already know, but I'm sure we can do more.
To get more interest in general, post about tournaments in your newsfeed on fb and make the post public, and include a link to both the fb group and SWF.

Another option is to make ads for SWF on nametags, or have whoever is hosting the tourney talk to any new face that enters one about SWF.

Other than that, it might be a little awkward to just walk up to someone watching everything and tell them about SWF, especially if they're actually not interested and just there to accompany someone.

Sudai

Stuff here
But there were a lot of other games besides Smash :urg:

We're like opposite Vaughn, smash is my top priority gaming wise lol

Maybe at the start of the tournament, how about rounding all entrants up, and telling them how they can get to this regional thread so they can know what's going on?
Beyond mentioning Smashboards and the thread, the best way would be to get weekly smashfest going and invite them to those. People are a whole lot more likely to stay if they come, see the competition, then have somewhere to practice with said competition w/o spending money. You also hook them with the social aspect at smashfest.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
to create tourney loyalty, you should offer incentive to more players, i.e. more liberal pot split. (40/30/20/10 I'm personally a fan of) It gives something everyone can shoot for, leaves more people happy, and less people salty. Place recognition + higher pot is enough to encourage players to try their hardest. i've never understood it necessary for 1st place to deprive reward from other accomplished players.
;tldr community > $

Top Bottom