• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
That was more directed at people who are still in high school. But doing stuff like putting up posters advertising tournaments around schools and malls could be effective too.
I can help with that Aprilish, assuming MSF goes through with administration. Still got my fingers crossed for that one.

BSP

Smash Legend
Yo eet I think my tournament deserves a shout on the OP. MSU, Armada, $2500 added to the pot, APEX regional qualifier, Brawl, Melee, 64, etc.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=295713
I'm just going to go ahead and take a wild guess that my senior year will start on that weekend...

Darn. Maybe if it was mid summer, but it might be tough since school will probably be kicking off right about then.

eet

Smash Ace
Lets all hype this tourny because its really close and gonna be badass. You can put some of us down to go, winnar. And someone will update the OP post later.

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
Geez, I love those side tournaments for that MS tourney. "Yo dawg, I heard you like tourneys, so we put a tourney INSIDE your tour.." you see where I'm going with this. Whelp, sign me up for... everything.

Avery

Smash Cadet
People should clear their schedules for nom melee now.
Possibilities:

4 from westbank (Austin,Avery,Jon,Brandon(maybe we could get a 5th too))
4 from houma (lee, cyphus, mark, coby)
~6 from br(Freddy, taylor, kyle, tim, eric, dylan)
4+ from laffy(Ken, Patrick, Mychal, Chef, others whom idr)
Sudai should stop being bi and enter for once
Hyro
Jiovanni
If morgan city shows up again thats like 3
Where you at Zakosai/ other randoms?
Everpower
Ricky, Ray, and JohnWu loooool
Ran
Turaz
Mura
****ing MARCH 26TH GOGOGOGO

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
I'll come to nom for melee if somebody in or near br can house me. Also ricky ray and john wu? Wtf. I haven't seen the later 2 since january 2008 at some texas tournament and last time I saw ricky 2 years ago he asked me to explain to him what a furry is. I don't think he ever really got it though.

Avery

Smash Cadet
Lol I still see ricky all the time, hes a very consistent daiquiri buyer. I see ray around every now and then, played some rounds against his young link pretty recently. Johns pretty hard to get a hold of, but every now and then theres a wild spotting.

Also eet, do it :p. We can $20 money match too if you want :D

D

Deleted member

why are kyle and i put down to attend lol

tim and dylan too lol

does the next nom have an sc2 side tournament? that might make kyle and dylan. i still have work :/

if melee starts at 6:00 pm the possibility of me coming does go up.

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
It's a dream-team wishlist, not an attendance list. Poor guy dreams so big, but hopefully a good bit of it comes true. If we're shooting for a reunion type thing I'll see if my friend Dustin/NemesisSpirit will come out of retirement. None of you might remember him but he was that blond haired link/sheik player that'd consistantly place top 8 who would come with me to every tournament back when I first started competing in Baton Rouge.

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
i remember dustin!
Yeah that guy's still kicking around. He's one of the many victims of WoW but as far as I know he never quit smash and on brawl he plays D3. I'll try to get in touch with him, I've been meaning to show him project M. And yeah, throw Cyphus on the melee panel and update it after NOM. Imma earn my D rank!

BSP

Smash Legend
We need to get on Louisianime. If we were more enthusiastic and hard working, it could be big.

Unless someone has already done it, I'm going to try to contact them to get a brawl tournament on one of the days. It's about a month and a half out now, so we need to get on it. If we act fast, we might get a decent crowd. Seriously, it's a huge anime convention with lots of stuff besides brawl, so it would be attractive to new players as well.

I'm not experienced in TO'ing or anything. What should I say?

If you want to look yourself, here's the site: http://www.louisianime.com/location.html

Again, big opportunity here to attract OoS'ers if we can get a decent crowd.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I'm already talking to the people from LAnime about a tournament. I've been discussing with them since last year's convention about a bigger tournament. I'm trying.

Top Bottom