• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

eet

Smash Ace
nigga this aint your twitter, I dont care if your head hurts. but nah seriously, i dont care.

anyway, when is the next melee event? im about to win a tournament.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I don't have a problem with sentinel alone..

Sentinel + magneto assist is annoying as ****

Savon

Smash Ace
Arthur is the shiz mang. At least he is not a complete ***** magnus like Sent.....

Edit: **** you NiTEZ. Just **** you. Go die in a fire of AIDS.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I changed my tourney date to march the 19th. And I got rid of the housing in a hotel for free, cause the tourney was getting its usual hype. But if your crew needs place to crash I can go half on a room for you guys or a bit more Curlz.

ChKn

Smash Ace
1: Lee Martin ($44.10)
2: Avery ($18.90)
3: Cyphus ($0.00)

lol'd. Cyphus didn't enter Brawl singles?

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
sorry curlz
i didn't care to enter brawl after i had gotten 3rd in melee - to find out curlz changed the payout to top 2. If you're going to change something as important as payout (especially in a negative direction- which should never happen) you had better make sure every individual candidate knows.

i've brought this up many a times to LA TOs: if you want better turnouts, you have to give a Reason to enter tournaments if you're name isn't Lee Martin. Can you even imagine how much more ENCOURAGED smashers would be with a pot split of 40/30/20/10? Its not just for now - but a system to keep smashers continuing to enter. Nobody enters ever expecting to win, on top us all supposed to being friends - so i dont see why we have to resort to extremes as 70/30 split even if 3rd place doesn't make more than he paid to enter. People don't actually enter expecting to win - they pay to have fun and even a few bucks for a pizza is a nice reward for a job well done.
I go to school, work, etc...so the chump change of 6.50 (i would have won) is not what i'm salty about. Its the principle and I would be equally upset if someone else was jipped out their payout too from an arbitrary rule change, and told to just 'get better' when brought up to someone getting paid to host a tournament.

also shwop

_D._

Smash Apprentice
local tourneys should start implementing the 40/30/20/10 split at least there a good amount of people who are able to atleast get forth

BlueBomberXTJ

Smash Cadet
@ Nitez <3

Ive almost completely forgotten how to play brawl because of mvc3. how the **** i get 5th. but yea. the TL needs to leave me alone. Even tho its da bess tl. Whos up for Mvc3 this weekend.

Top Bottom