• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Curlz

Smash Lord
We're going with VGC 2010 Rules with an Uber Ban List for this one though.

$5 entry. Winner gets a free copy of Pokemon Black or White.

[collapse=rules]
VGC 2010

Level 50 and under
"Flat Battle" option in Heart Gold/Soul Silver was used for this

Item Clause
No duplicate items

Self-KO clause
If both final Pokemon are KOed due to Explosion, Selfdestruct, or a move that accompanies any type of recoil damage, the person who initiated the attack loses.

Species Clause
No duplicate Pokemon, though for example you could have both Charmander and Charizard since they are not the same)

4 vs 4 Double Battles
This means at the start of the tournament, players register a team of 6 Pokemon and 6 items, but bring 4 into battle at a time. You can change between these 6 and exchange items however you want during the tournament.

No Ubers
The following Pokemon are banned:
Arceus
Darkrai
Deoxys
Deoxys Attack
Deoxys Defense
Deoxys Speed
Dialga
Garchomp
Giratina
Giratina Origin Forme
Groudon
Ho-oh
Kyogre
Latias
Latios
Lugia
Manaphy
Mew
Mewtwo
Palkia
Salamence
Rayquaza
Shaymin Sky Forme
Wobbuffet
Wynaut[/collapse]

Its gonna be at Lafayette's Play N Trade starting at around 3:00pm on Saturday (3/5/11). Double Elemination Bracket. Winner gets a free copy of Pokemon Black or White at midnight and gets to be the first to recieve their copy.

BSP

Smash Legend
I'm already talking to the people from LAnime about a tournament. I've been discussing with them since last year's convention about a bigger tournament. I'm trying.
Well, keep me posted on stuff and I'll see if I can help. What do we have so far? You think our chances would improve if I tried to contact them too?

Curlz

Smash Lord
I'm sorry everyone, but I'm stepping down as Lafayette's TO. Lost is finished, February Fight Fest is finished, and Tasol won't happen. This weekend just felt like a huge cluster of ****-ups and I didn't like it. 5 tournaments had to be canceled for Fight Fest and it was mostly my fault. Things could have and should have been different this past weekend, but everything that could have gone wrong, did. Nothing I could have done could have helped what went wrong and I don't think I could emotionally handle something like this again. I feel like I played at my peak this past weekend and it still didn't seem to pay off. I'm not satisfied with placing 5th at both events this weekend. The only thing I see is me losing to Hyro/Cyphus and BSP. It seems no matter how much I try I can't seem to get good at this game. I'm not even good enough for Hyro to have to play at his full potential to have to beat me. Its depressing really, and as much as I tried to play it off, I really did get salty as **** when I lost to the people I lost to. Its extremely frustrating to me to realize that I can't get any better. On top of all the frustration with having to run 9 tournaments this weekend, I had the Cyphus/Roni drama with the rules and then I had personal **** going on, that I just don't want to have to deal with this anymore. I apologize to everyone, and I'll catch you all later.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I feel like I played at my peak this past weekend and
That's what counts. If you played your peak, you played your peak. A lot of times, the best way to get better at Brawl is to just stop playing it. There's even more reason to let Brawl go for now because of MvC3. Sometimes, people are just better than you. There's always a bigger fish, and there always will be a bigger fish. It's fine to get salty at losses, so use them to push yourself to get better later. There are times that breaks need to be taken, and this is probably one of those times.

Good luck to you though. I really hope all your personal issues turn out ok, and I hope to be able to see you at MSF. :o

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
MSF? So they approved it?

Curlz, take a break. I may be PR'd after a few tourneys but I don't play on a daily basis or get much practice as others. I just play at my peak or the best I can based on what I know. If something new comes out while I'm playing then I just use that to bring me even higher. In the world of saiyans, there will always be one saiyan above you or always a step ahead. Don't quit fighting, just keep going no matter what, it may or will just pay off.

Savon: When we play MvC3, don't put the controller down in the middle of the match...don't give me a john to cover up for it either. And I only used Sentinel in maybe 1-2 matches out of 10 today.

Savon

Smash Ace
MSF? So they approved it?

Curlz, take a break. I may be PR'd after a few tourneys but I don't play on a daily basis or get much practice as others. I just play at my peak or the best I can based on what I know. If something new comes out while I'm playing then I just use that to bring me even higher. In the world of saiyans, there will always be one saiyan above you or always a step ahead. Don't quit fighting, just keep going no matter what, it may or will just pay off.

Savon: When we play MvC3, don't put the controller down in the middle of the match...don't give me a john to cover up for it either. And I only used Sentinel in maybe 1-2 matches out of 10 today.
True, but I was like man **** this imma go make a glass of coke and a plate of potatos. I need to work on my ground game a LOT and predicting how to break those air combos if I want to beat you.

No johns for what I did though. :cool::cool:

Sudai

Stuff here
"Hey guys, I messed up, guess I'll never do it again." The way all problems are solved in a perfect world~

All kidding aside, sorry to hear that. Maybe?

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
**** Sentinel.

Curlz, quit actin like Vaughn. If you're not havin fun doin tournies then quit. You ain't obligated to run them. Flounda will do it.

I'm goin to MSF regardless of whether you get the OK or not. Or I'll just show up to your house. Your choice. Just know that I ain't opposed to a little B&E.

BSP

Smash Legend
OK, I think trying to make LAnime big this year would be difficult since it's only a month and a half away.

I'll communicate with the organizers of the event to see if we can actually get a national in Baton Rouge for once. Next year...

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
Meh, try camping a little less next time Savon, because if you're so busy backing up and I happen to teleport behind you, then you're just going to eat a combo and possible special. And eat a metal **** iceman, before I troll you with Sentinel.

Funny thing is, before I invited you Savon, I trolled this guy with Sentinel and he got mad, like really mad. I didn't know his mic was in until I heard a buncha curse words and saltiness coming from my TV.

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
Curlz, speaking as someone who knew you at the very beginning of your tournament career, you're by far the most improved brawl player I've ever played with and it didn't take you long either.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Yeah Curlz. As much as we pick on you (or used to at least), you've become really ****in good (relatively). There was a point like a year ago when I was thinkin "This kid is never gonna get better."

Savon

Smash Ace
My spidersense tells me that Ran is going to come out of nowhere and own Curlz with a long essay post.

although I could be wrong.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
**** Sentinel.

Curlz, quit actin like Vaughn. If you're not havin fun doin tournies then quit. You ain't obligated to run them. Flounda will do it.

I'm goin to MSF regardless of whether you get the OK or not. Or I'll just show up to your house. Your choice. Just know that I ain't opposed to a little B&E.
Bacon and eggs?

Turazrok

Smash Master
As compared to me. Lol Curlz don't kid yourself you're better than a lot of people here.

I still get ****talked tho... because I play prolimar tho.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i feel kinna gay about the whole being mad thing curlz, if it helps. and i'd still go to any of your tournies. :]

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Wow Curlz, imagine if you played Melee. No Metaknight in that game LOL.

But srsly, I don't understand why people get so hung up over tournament placements. Sure you should aspire to win, but you shouldn't let losing detract from the fun you have.

-Ran

Smash Master
My spidersense tells me that Ran is going to come out of nowhere and own Curlz with a long essay post.

although I could be wrong.
Savon has me craving a Ran essay
This post is pretty long.

But, I'm not writing an essay.

Alright, I'll impart some knowledge. Never sully things you enjoy with motives such as gaining money, admiration, or acknowledgment from your peers. Internalize your enjoyments and do them for yourself. If something is no longer fun, then there is nothing that will change that for you. Curlz, you did become a better player, but [as with everything else in life] your competition is evolving as well. Something that you all must realize, is that for many of the older, good players, Brawl wasn't our first time being good at a game. Skills learned in other games are always applicable in some shape or form. At the moment, you're still just learning your base.

-Ran

Smash Master
Oh yea, good games to everyone at Cyphus's house. I think I played some of my best Melee matches ever. xD

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Just take a break Curlz. I'll have an idea of where I want to run my next tournament Sunday.
Everett said EGL was extremely legit, why not hold it there again?

Curlz u bi. Stop crying and get better. You can't expect that just because you get better that no one else will. Everyone is constantly getting better so you have to step it up. You play MK, you always have the advantage so do your homework and learn your match-ups. Look at Lee. He knows his match-ups and can even tell you some frame data on many characters as well. Stop johning. All you can do is try, if you don't try hard enough than try harder next time.

ChKn

Smash Ace
I wanna do a cycle lol. We have like 4 venues in Lafayette(PnT, EGL, UL, and Game Over). I wanna try to juggle it somehow, but idk.

The main thing I want to do is to setup two tournaments: a local followed by a state tournament. What I thought about doing is hosting a local at PnT for $5(3 pot, 2 venue), since they only payout in store credit. I'd do pools to get people interested and do pools again at the state tournament a few weeks down the road($7 - like TSL1).

Top Bottom