• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

ChKn

Smash Ace
I have to think of a doubles team cause Curlz is lame and put doubles instead of singles. I have an idea, but idk. Now I'm focused on winning that free copy. Time to research.

What moves/items are banned from doubles on Saturday?

'V'

Smash Lord
Curlz, quit actin like Vaughn.
I fail to see why people think that I still act like that, because I don't.

The reason I quit was because I didn't believe that smash was a game for a tournament environment, not because I wasn't getting better. I can beat most people at both games, so that's not that big of a deal at all. I ran tourneys because I wanted to see all my friends who still play it because I enjoy their company.

I'll even enter a few tourneys and play friendlies every now and then for fun. The trick is to just look at it like it was actually meant to be looked at: a child's game. That's exactly what it is. Take it with a grain of salt.

I also play deeper and better games than smash. I would suggest playing Melee if you wanna stick around.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, A.R.K. III (One of the South's largest fighting game tournaments) is coming up on April 2nd at Conway Gaming Center in Conway, AR! We are expecting at least ~120 people at this tournament featuring games such as Melee, Brawl, Project: M, SSF4, BB:CS, Tekken 6, Arcana Heart 3, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, and more! The Smash portion of the event will be run by Smashboard's own VTS and we will have a recording station available for you to record whichever matches you deem necessary (just work it out with the station manager). If you have ANY questions, please post on here or on the official tournament thread where you can find more details about the event located at http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298654. Please try to make it and show your support not only for us, but for the Regional Smash community as a whole. Thanks guys!

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Latias is banned from doubles?
Yep, assuming doubles says no ubers too. Latias is as much as an uber as Latios, it's just that where Latios has more Attack stat, Latias has more Defense.

The only legendary not an uber and not on that list is Shaymin land form.

Edit: and

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
why is metaknight even with pikachu

lol DK:D3 -> -4 *looks at M1k3H@z3*

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
I've decided to do some Ryu-style training and travel around a bit. If anybody in the state wants to practice, text me at 337-945-0222 or lemme know about dibbz sessions a day in advance if possible (I know the trips are usually spontaneous). This goes for both brawl and melee.

_D._

Smash Apprentice
bluebomber come to aj house this wknd ask ur mom asap he lives n br right next to the blue bonnet pnt

Turazrok

Smash Master
I might hang out later you guys gotta text me though.
This weekend I'm going to florida until next saturday. Disney World YAY

U jely Zigsta?

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Okay, Serious here.

I've been looking at plane flights and, to be honest, the cheapest flight to LA is through BTR. At $284, its the best way to get to LA. I am thinking about going next month, so I'll need someone to drive me around and if we can get a tourney started, that'd be awesome. I'm gonna try my best to shoot for Apr 1-3, but if I cant get that, I'll keep shooting for April. It'd be awesome to have a NOM around that time. Just for now, I am going to see what my paycheck looks like next week and let yall know.

P.S. I am coming to assimilate Nikorz and Nitez as their names piss me off every time i see them.

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
But I don't play Melee competitively. And the cheapest flight to LA could possibly be through Southwest. I know there's one in NO, but majority of our smashers are there so I'm sure you could arrange something.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
But I don't play Melee competitively. And the cheapest flight to LA could possibly be through Southwest. I know there's one in NO, but majority of our smashers are there so I'm sure you could arrange something.
Quite the opposite.

Using SW and going through MSY - 420
Using United and going through BTR - 280

I know, I went WTF too lol

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Southwest is better, it's worth the cost. Unless you'd go broke doing that, then never mind.

XD

:bee::bee::bee::bee::bee::bee:

-Hard reading Sapphire_Dragon, all day everyday.
Glad it's challenging for you. At least something actually makes you use your brain for once :awesome:

when do i get to beat sapphire_dragon in tourney?
Hint: Never ;)

I probably won't be entering any more tournies, to be completely honest. I don't see myself getting the time or motivation to get better to make it out of pools, I'm too out of practice and I was only ever good at Melee either way. And that was before I even knew what wavedashing was. Sorry. :p Just not able to get to competitive levels. Hopefully MSF brings people that can. Tell them about SWF as much as possible.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
I'm worthing going to tournies for. I am a holly jolly large black guy who is always your friend.

:D

Southwest looks nice, but in the end, you're flying in a aluminum tube from point A to point B. First Class is a extended leg space sham! lol

P.S. That's not Russia, that was Shrevport earlier this winter. Lololz.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I'm worthing going to tournies for. I am a holly jolly large black guy who is always your friend.

:D
XD No no no, I never said I was going to stop going to tournies. I like watching the scene and I want to play P:M someday. I just won't be actually entering them anymore. No worries, you'll still see me around. :)

Top Bottom