• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Hyro

Smash Lord
1- My pleasure.

2- Actually, as surprising as it may seem, I am in fact not single. :)

3- no

4- no
yes

And I love blue because I love blue. I loved it before I knew who you were.
go ahead everyone, highlight all of it, ctrl+a if you must

very subliminal of you

don't think i don't see through your bull****

watch your scaly *** back

-Ran

Smash Master
More fuel for the Melee players. ;d

http://www.1up.com/news/masahiro-sakurai-reflects-super-smash

It's been nine years -- jeez, already? -- since Super Smash Bros. Melee was released for the Nintendo GameCube. The multiplayer fighter wound up becoming the GC's #1 release, with over seven million copies sold worldwide, but as designer Masahiro Sakurai explained in his most recent column for Famitsu magazine, development wasn't exactly fun and games.

"On a personal level, Melee had an extremely grueling development cycle," Sakurai wrote. "Some of my other games did, too, but Melee sticks out far ahead of the pack in my mind. I worked on that game for 13 months straight, after all, without a single Sunday or holiday off that whole time. During parts of it, I was living a really destructive lifestyle -- I'd work for over 40 hours in a row, then go back home to sleep for four."

What drove Sakurai through all that work? "I seriously felt like a man on a mission," he said. "With the original [Nintendo 64] Smash Bros., there was no guarantee the game would be well-received at all -- I had my hands full just trying to make it into the completely new sort of fighting game I had in mind. With Melee, though, the previous game did well enough that Nintendo and the character designers knew what I wanted in advance. And I wanted a lot. It was the biggest project I had ever led up to that point -- the first game of mine on disc-based media, the first that used an orchestra for music, the first with 'real' polygon graphics. My staff was raring to go, and we plunged in full-tilt from the start. I pushed myself beyond any limit I could think of because I doubted I'd ever have this sheer amount of work in my hands ever again."

Looking back, nearly a decade on, Sakurai seems proud of Melee overall. "Melee is the sharpest game in the series," he wrote. "It's pretty speedy all around and asks a lot of your coordination skills. Fans of the first Smash Bros. got into it quickly, and it just felt really good to play."

However, he has one particularly deep regret: the game's accessibility level. "I had created Smash Bros. to be my response to how hardcore-exclusive the fighting game genre had become over the years," Sakurai said. "But why did I target it so squarely toward people well-versed in videogames, then? That's why I tried to aim for more of a happy medium with Brawl's play balance. There are three Smash Bros. games out now, but even if I ever had a chance at another one, I doubt we'll ever see one that's as geared toward hardcore gamers as Melee was. Melee fans who played deep into the game without any problems might have trouble understanding this, but Melee was just too difficult."

Accessibility has always been a watchword in Sakurai's design style, and there's little doubt he learned a lot from the Melee development experience. "If we want new people from this generation of gamers to come in," he concluded, "then we need it accessible, simple, and playable by anyone. You can't let yourself get preoccupied with nothing but gameplay and balance details. That's where the core of the Smash Bros. concept lies, not on doggedly keeping the game the way it was before."

Curlz

Smash Lord
So I was bored last night. -.-

Louisiana Smash Theme Song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ8kcPQd2VE

I want others to be a part of this so I don't have to robotize my voice the entire time. xD

Lyrics: (so far)

Louisiana, where you at?!

ATL South. Louisiana place.
Lafayette, New Orleans. Don't you ****ing hate!
We got the 255, and we got the 504.
We also got that Lee Martin and we also have some more.

JNig, Hyro
Ran Iji, Blaino
ChKn, Batto
Everett, Jio.

LAPR, What tiers?
Brawl's been out 3 years.
We only have sheer skill.
**** with us, you might get killed.

Cyphus has his DK
Roni/Curlz, MK
Sudai, R-O-B
Meta Sonic, DIDDY!

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
So I was bored last night. -.-

Louisiana Smash Theme Song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ8kcPQd2VE

I want others to be a part of this so I don't have to robotize my voice the entire time. xD

Lyrics: (so far)

Louisiana, where you at?!

ATL South. Louisiana place.
Lafayette, New Orleans. Don't you ****ing hate!
We got the 255, and we got the 504.
We also got that Lee Martin and we also have some more.

JNig, Hyro
Ran Iji, Blaino
ChKn, Batto
Everett, Jio.

LAPR, What tiers?
Brawl's been out 3 years.
We only have sheer skill.
**** with us, you might get killed.

Cyphus has his DK
Roni/Curlz, MK
Sudai, R-O-B
Meta Sonic, DIDDY!
GO KILL YOURSELF

So who's all goin to Chinese Inn?

Curlz

Smash Lord
Nahh, I k now there's a reason. :3

So new Tasol date. I got in touch with some Local Vendors who would be able to actually pull through this time but won't be able to pull through until a later date. I need a new date.

March 11th - 13th (Mardi Gras weekend) or June 17th - 19th

Extra stuff for Tasol being postponed: $500 pot bonus! Bring a set up and get free entry into 1 event. MELEE!!! and many more!

Which date works best for you?

Turazrok

Smash Master
So no one wants to team with me at CI but BSL?

Fine we'll go double oli and beat all you.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Nahh, I k now there's a reason. :3

So new Tasol date. I got in touch with some Local Vendors who would be able to actually pull through this time but won't be able to pull through until a later date. I need a new date.

March 11th - 13th (Mardi Gras weekend) or June 17th - 19th

Extra stuff for Tasol being postponed: $500 pot bonus! Bring a set up and get free entry into 1 event. MELEE!!! and many more!

Which date works best for you?
June's better. WHOBO would be the weekend right after if held in March, and this would be after a lot of big regionals/nationals, so it would be better to wait til summer.

My bro agrees with this.

Curlz

Smash Lord
June's better. WHOBO would be the weekend right after if held in March, and this would be after a lot of big regionals/nationals, so it would be better to wait til summer.

My bro agrees with this.
Sounds good. Hopefully nothing messes up this Tasol. -.-

Savon

Smash Ace
A little late, but Sapphire Dragon you are nuts. I don't pay for a DAM thing when it comes to smash. I get it in when it comes to hustlin. I can teach you if you want....for a price...

Get at me bro

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
;p

I'll be hustlin so much when I get older... don't worry about it. I can pay my own way for now, makes things easier atm. I have way too much stuff I need to learn in a year as it is. @.@

Thanks for the offer though. ;)

Savon

Smash Ace
Why not hustle young though? You can never start too soon. I am only 17 and I am gettin it in. My offer for an apprentice is open to all if they so desire

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Why not hustle young though? You can never start too soon. I am only 17 and I am gettin it in. My offer for an apprentice is open to all if they so desire
Apprentice? It's not like your hustle is hard. All you do is show up broke and beg me or adam for money. Since you braggin, I'mma tell adam not to pay for your **** next time so you'll have to do some REAL hustling.

LOL, this made my day. Melee2good

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
XD I don't need to hustle young. I'm already under a pro. I have a lot to focus on and I can't add another thing to that list for the moment. When I do get to hustlin, I'll just say I won't be hustlin here. :p

Apprentice? It's not like your hustle is hard. All you do is show up broke and beg me or adam for money. Since you braggin, I'mma tell adam not to pay for your **** next time so you'll have to do some REAL hustling.
Win

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
n!ggas stop talkin bout hustlin and listen to Lupe. Wish I could go to CI but I have work. June TASOL nub, we need time to hype.

anyone wanna go to dibbz saturday? I made a post this morn but it didn't work and Flounda I said lemme borrow p90x when ur done.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings

Edit @ ChKn- Pepper spray so old. Tasers are where it's at
Glad you didn't say kick-in-the-balls, cuz that **** is serious. IDK why women think that's necessary. If you're ever mad with me, remember I'll take a couple thousand volts or some burning eyeballs, but leave my kids out of it.

Savon

Smash Ace
Actually the funny part is that kicking a woman there is supposedly just as painful, it is just the movies and media have made it only fashionable to do it to men. All hale the all nightly **** punt.

Top Bottom