• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The London Biweeklies -> September 2010!

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I like the idea Ryan. If we can at least balance out the byes that would be ok and we can have more time for friendlies/brackets.
What should happen in a 24-man bracket is the highest seeds get round 1 byes, and the lower seeds who "should" lose their matches (but obviously that's not always the case) get byes in round 1 of losers bracket. Tio or whatever bracket software you're using should be able to sort that out on its own though.

Xelyst

-_-
yah i know how brackets and pools work ..... so'k tho its all set just need people

lol i wanna triple post so bad ><

Xelyst

-_-
you and guru should money match i will record it =)

dave we need tvs we have cubes n stuff

deox666

Smash Apprentice
What should happen in a 24-man bracket is the highest seeds get round 1 byes, and the lower seeds who "should" lose their matches (but obviously that's not always the case) get byes in round 1 of losers bracket. Tio or whatever bracket software you're using should be able to sort that out on its own though.
brawl is for little girls who like to wear dresses inside there dress homes in there little dress towns...

and IM LOOKING FOR A TEAMS PARTNER

if you like to team with the gayness such as peach or sheik then im your man :)

LF either ganon or jigz or fox...:urg::psycho::chuckle::p:embarrass:embarrass:embarrass:embarrass

Xelyst

-_-
dave wants attention again guys XD

but yah everyone get your teams partner

so far i have

Zen / Guru
Sauc3 / Jpobs
Kason / Vyzor
Azu / Boomy

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Lol! What did my post have to do with Brawl? I know its flaws but I've come to respect it as an entirely separate game from Melee. I've learned a ton about both recently and believe me both are incredibly deep. I happen to enjoy both games, but everyone should know I'm a Melee Falcon above all else in respect to Smash. (LBT2 was an exception because I'm still bad at Melee but got a lot better at Brawl lately so wanted to focus on it and see how I could do).

I'm gonna see if one of the Windsor guys wants to come down to this and if he does I'll team with him so add AvariceX / Janko as a maybe to the teams list.

Xelyst

-_-
lol boismier you got a paragraph rebuttal to everything and nobody prolly cares haha ==ppp

but yah that would be cool if he comes =)

ps. brawl is for little girls =D (except boomy he's the man !)

lol <3 trashyness

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
lol boismier you got a paragraph rebuttle to everything and nobody prolly cares haha ==ppp

You have no idea how much free time I have. Tests done, review week coming up, and no Wii -_-.

:psycho:

Xelyst

-_-
no prob... it does get boring sometimes... good thing i got my dbz marathon and homework <_< ... ehem

on da cell games now haha

Boomy

Smash Apprentice
I'll bring a Wii for Brawl/TvC. I seriously wanna learn to play TvC now that I got it.

mitch2302

Smash Journeyman
hmm i might be able to bring a cube and maybe a tv. i prolly wont have a partner for my janky falcon, but ill be ready for crews.

Boomy

Smash Apprentice
lol boismier you got a paragraph rebuttal to everything and nobody prolly cares haha ==ppp

ps. brawl is for little girls =D (except boomy he's the man !)

lol <3 trashyness
Thanks man. ^-^

Brawl CAN be played competitively (duh), just in a different way. Each game has its own skills that must be learned in order to play, again, they're just different.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Boomy who do you want to play in TvC? I'm fairly confident I can teach everything that needs to be known about Zero as far as the current metagame is concerned; I've dedicated nearly all my free time lately to learning him, and there's another Zero main in Windsor who's basically done the same thing so our learning of the character was extremely accelerated. I also know a fair bit about Karas, PTX and Saki, so just let me know if any of those characters pique your interest and I'll do what I can to help. I'm planning on doing everything I can to get as many people into this game as possible.

But yeah, my time at the biweeklies not during a tourney match is going to be spent playing TvC. Game is too fun.

deox666

Smash Apprentice
and IM LOOKING FOR A TEAMS PARTNER

if you like to team with the gayness such as peach or sheik then im your man

LF either ganon or jigz or fox...

Boomy

Smash Apprentice
Boomy who do you want to play in TvC? I'm fairly confident I can teach everything that needs to be known about Zero as far as the current metagame is concerned; I've dedicated nearly all my free time lately to learning him, and there's another Zero main in Windsor who's basically done the same thing so our learning of the character was extremely accelerated. I also know a fair bit about Karas, PTX and Saki, so just let me know if any of those characters pique your interest and I'll do what I can to help. I'm planning on doing everything I can to get as many people into this game as possible.

But yeah, my time at the biweeklies not during a tourney match is going to be spent playing TvC. Game is too fun.
I was intending to play Zero once I unlock him. From what I heard, and correct me if I'm wrong, aren't Karas and Chun Li supposed to be two of the best characters in the game? I wanna main Zero and Chun Li.

Agreed. TvC. <333

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I was intending to play Zero once I unlock him. From what I heard, and correct me if I'm wrong, aren't Karas and Chun Li supposed to be two of the best characters in the game? I wanna main Zero and Chun Li.

Agreed. TvC. <333
The game is only 3 weeks old, there is no tier list and no matchup list yet. Even CGoH (the Japanese release) was not out long enough for a tier/matchup list to be agreed upon even by the people who followed it closely. Karas, Chun, and Ryu were universally considered high/top tier in CGoH though, but Karas ate a 600 pound nerf bat to the face in UAS, Chun and Ryu remained mostly the same except infinites were removed and other characters were made better. In the little discussion that has occurred so far the most common contenders for speculative top tier spots are Zero, Chun, Jun, Yatterman-1, Ippatsuman, Polymar, Karas (he still has great pokes and mobility, just no more infinites that can start from any move) and Tekkaman Blade. It's really up in the air but what everyone does agree on is that everyone is viable (as long as you stay away from G. Lightan).

Reggie

Smash Cadet
@sauc3 - So much power, so little time.

@Kason/Mitch - I may be able to make an appearance later on in the day... we could definitely get some friendlies (and MM's!) in then. I just won't be able to participate in brackets.

Boomy

Smash Apprentice
The game is only 3 weeks old, there is no tier list and no matchup list yet. Even CGoH (the Japanese release) was not out long enough for a tier/matchup list to be agreed upon even by the people who followed it closely. Karas, Chun, and Ryu were universally considered high/top tier in CGoH though, but Karas ate a 600 pound nerf bat to the face in UAS, Chun and Ryu remained mostly the same except infinites were removed and other characters were made better. In the little discussion that has occurred so far the most common contenders for speculative top tier spots are Zero, Chun, Jun, Yatterman-1, Ippatsuman, Polymar, Karas (he still has great pokes and mobility, just no more infinites that can start from any move) and Tekkaman Blade. It's really up in the air but what everyone does agree on is that everyone is viable (as long as you stay away from G. Lightan).

Rofl. G.Lightan for god tier. xDD

Yeah, for now, I mainly play as Ryu and Chun Li, they seem like good beginner characters. I also play as Megaman Volnutt, but thats because I love to spam his blaster. Yeah, but once I'm through just messing around and getting a feel for things, I'm definitely gonna start learning this game to play competitively.

Xelyst

-_-
haha lol dave YOU can't

if its on the 27th then i can bus

but i gotta get work off first

was talking to chet about it this week

mitch2302

Smash Journeyman
Guys, room 379 is booked in the UCC, doors will open around 10:30, and someone needs to be there to prop it open cause it will lock 15 minutes after it opens (weekend rule). Other than that, we've used this room before so there shouldnt be any problems

ps: if you eat in the room, dont leave the food in the room, throw it out in a garbage can outside of the room when you're done.

Xelyst

-_-
haha awesome! ill be there and set up =) ben i hope this sounds good

ryans car = ryan/tj/dave/me + 2 tvs (mine)
your car = phan/justin/jordan/you + 1 tv (phans)

?? good ?

btw ryan can we take the big red beast ? cuz tv room n stuff =/ ?

Top Bottom