• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legendary Hungry Wolf - Terry Bogard Social Thread

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Congratulations guys!

I guess the fact that he reps Fatal Fury is fitting.

But I can't wait to try him out. SO GLAD Sakurai had some little footage stashed somewhere to show us.

That stage was EXACTLY the one I wanted too.

D

Deleted member

OOOOH YEEEAAAAAAHHH!!! WE GOT OUR FIRST SNK CONTENDER BABY!!! YEEEEAAAHHHH HAHAHAHA!!!

SargeAbernathy

Smash Apprentice
Congrats! What a great Direct! Banjo Kazooie today, more DLC fighters, Terry confirmed, Sans with a decent costume and music .... it's looking pretty good!

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
It finally happened, I’m amazed...

It had probably one of my favorite reveal trailers honestly.

Last edited:

BlastState

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlastState
3DS FC
0946-2825-3438
Dropping by to say congrats on Terry's inclusion! Can't say much about my knowledge of Fatal Fury/KOF but he looks great and the Engrish should be memetastic. Hoping you folks are still OKAY when November rolls around!

Last edited:

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
What are the chances of bomber jacket Mark of the Wolves Terry as an alt costume? 95%? 100%?

And I wonder if he'll have command inputs like Ryu and Ken, as well as two FInal Smashes (Power Geyser/Buster Wolf).

Congrats, you pizza delivery boy fans.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
How I wish I could've been here earlier to share a more hype-induced post, but boy am I still glad about this outcome.

I'm glad to have been a supporter.

Also, Terry's teaser has to be the most hilarious of all, seeing all the SNK characters trying to catch the Smash letter, specially Geese falling off a building, that made me lose it.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
What I loved about Terry's trailer, apart from the nostalgic Neo Geo startup sound, was that it really did show what we all love about SNK - the beautiful sprites and the characters!! Everyone shine in personality and it was awesome!

I have a sneaking suspicion everyone in that trailer is getting a Mii outfit or at least a spirit!

Last edited:

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
HIP HIP HOORAY! Terry finally made it in as a King of Fighters rep, although I'm glad he's a playable character, I think Terry should've been the 2nd King of Fighters rep and Kyo should've been the first.

So far in the fighter's pass I've now had 3 pleasings and 1 heartbreaker.

Pizza Robo

Smash Journeyman
YES!!!!!!!!!!
Terry Bogard is playable In Smash Bros!!!! :D
Today is a Big Win for SNK Fans

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
What I loved about Terry's trailer, apart from the nostalgic Neo Geo startup sound, was that it really did show what we all love about SNK - the beautiful sprites and the characters!! Everyone shine in personality and it was awesome!

I have a sneaking suspicion everyone in that trailer is getting a Mii outfit or at least a spirit!
That being in an official Nintendo trailer is something I would’ve never expected.

Considering Neo Geo used to RIVAL Nintendo back in the day it’s insane that we’ve come full circle...

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Wanted to congratulate you all. Given the current trend, Sakurai is highlighting more obscure series that deserve recognition in his eyes. Even DQ is niche in the West. I’m loving it. I’ll be picking up Fatal Fury as well!

Last edited:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
While I was expecting Kyo or even Nakoruru, Terry is an excellent choice to see in SSB! Congrats everyone! The Hungry Wolf is now among Nintendo´s greatest characters! Also I suggest if there is a general/relax thread, to call it the Pao Pao Cafe thread.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Never mind, I think I got it. Do keep in mind, I have next to no knowledge of Fatal Fury/King of Fighters, so I might be pulling out my rear here. Hope I did well, though.

Unique Mechanic: MAX Meter: As the battle progresses, Terry builds up a Gauge over his U.I. up to five times. At any point in the game, Terry can activate MAX Mode by either pressing A+B simultaneously or by pressing the same attack input during the animation. The method of activation can either start MAX Mode at half or at full respectively. With MAX Mode active, Terry can access EX Specials by using fighting game inputs to increase its damage. He can also use the meter to access a Desperation Art for a meter, listed below.

Unique Mechanic: Terry shares the same fighting game mechanics as Ryu and Ken.

Jab (Light): Light Punch, medium punch, then his Back Knuckle attack, a turning backhanded punch.
Jab (Heavy): Terry does a jumping roundhouse kick similar to the final hit of Snake’s Jab. This is capable of avoiding lower attacks such as some D-tilts, Down Smashes and even another Terry’s Power Wave.
F-tilt (Light): Terry performs a kick to the legs.
F-tilt (Heavy): Terry does an under-handed side-punch that deals two hits.
U-tilt (Light): Terry performs an upward elbow attack.
U-tilt (Heavy): Terry performs an upwards roundhouse kick that knocks opponents out of the air.
D-tilt (Light): Terry performs a rising knee attack.
D-tilt (Heavy): Terry performs a lunging lick along the ground.
Dash Attack: Terry jumps upwards, the plummets downwards with Power Dunk.
Grab: Terry grabs the opponent by the scruff of their collar and punches the opponent in the face for the pummel.
F-throw: Terry reels back while holding the opponent before throwing them with a mighty heave. Similar to Hero’s F-throw.
D-throw: Terry trips the opponent and performs a punch on top of them similar to how he makes a Power Wave.
B-throw: See F-throw.
U-throw: Terry performs a volleyball-style spike on the opponent, sending them upwards.
N-air: Terry lets loose a single hit punch that is similar to Ryu’s N-air.
F-air: Terry lunges a downwards diagonal kick.
D-air: Terry performs a downwards punch that meteor smashes on a sweet-spot.
B-air: Terry lunge kicks behind himself. Based on his Aerial Heavy Kick.
U-air: Terry performs an upwards kick similar to Ken’s U-air.
Side Smash: Terry performs his Power Charge attack, charging forward with a shoulder bash.
Up Smash: Terry performs his Rising Upper attack, an uppercut that’s similar to Ryu and Ken’s Up-Smash.
Down Smash: Terry performs an upwards-angled crouching kick.
Neutral B: Power Wave: Terry fires a wave of energy that goes along the ground. This works only when Terry is standing on the ground. This goes faster depending on how long the button is pressed, similarly to the Hadouken. Using :GCD::GCDR::GCR:+A while in MAX Mode to deal multiple hits of damage with this move.
Side B: Burning Knuckle: Terry flies forwards with an energy-infused punch. The length of the button press determines how far you go. Using :GCD::GCDL::GCL:+A while in MAX Mode has more horizontal distance and attack power.
Up B: Rising Tackle: Terry spins as he rises upwards with a kick, dealing multiple hits as he goes upwards. Holding A increases vertical distance. MAX Mode, you’ll perform a more powerful version of the move that extends vertical distance. Rising Tackle has some decent horizontal mobility. Using (Charge):GCD::GCU:+A while in MAX Mode to perform a more powerful version of the move that extends vertical distance even further.
Down B: Crack Shoot: Terry will jump upwards, similarly to Zero Suit Samus’ Down-B, however instead, he will perform a kick attack similar to Jolt Haymaker if opponents get in range. Holding B controls how far Terry will jump. Using :GCD::GCDL::GCL:+B during MAX Mode will have Terry deal multiple hits and auto targets any opponent in range.
Desperation Move #1: Power Geyser: By inputting :GCD::GCDL::GCL::GCDL::GCD::GCDR::GCR:+A, Terry will smash the ground beneath him and create an Eruption-style blast that knocks opponents out from the air and deals immense damage. MAX Mode creates three additional blasts of energy.
Desperation Move #2: Are you okay? Buster Wolf: By inputting :GCD::GCDR::GCR::GCD::GCDR::GCR:+A, Terry will spend two bars of meter to launch forward with a energy-infused punch. If it connects, Terry will land another punch that creates an explosion, dealing damage to any nearby opponents. MAX Mode will create a bigger explosion.
Final Smash: Star Dunk Volcano: Terry will deal a brutal knee to the opponent in front of him before rising up with them. Terry will then pound them down towards the ground with them and create a large geyser of energy that deals damage to anyone caught in it. This only affects one fighter initially, similarly to Incineroar.

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Alright, you got Terry Bogard, so now I'm just hoping we get a remix of this song.

Last edited:

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
I figured out what MAX Mode does thanks to researching Geese’s appearance in Tekken, but now I’ve got a new problem with his moveset: I have no idea what to make his Down-B. Is there a single universal mechanic that can be pulled from KoF14 besides MAX Mode that is similar to SF’s Focus Attack? Please, I need to know.
MAX mode would make Terry broken in Smash lol. It can be either his blowback attack or his Crack Shoot.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Glad Terry is finally here. I finally get a character I actually want in one these games and it feels great.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Here's how the people at the Nintendo World Store reacted to Terry.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
The trailer was so good, it hurt a little seeing Kyo, Iori, and Nakoruru miss the invitation, but my most wanted for SNK was Terry so I can't complain. The sneak peak at the stage was great too, I love the Smash Ball replacement for the O in KoF. Now we just have to wait to see what his alts are and what music we get. Here's to hoping that it gets the Castlevania/Mega Man treatment. I'll be happy with whatever we get but I'm really hoping for Each Promise from KoFXIII and Tranquilizer from 2002.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Terry looks like a mid-range fighter. So he’ll likely be in between Ken and Ryu in terms of play style, making him another wolf.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
True to his nickname.
He might be most viable fighter out of the trio:
-He has better range than Ken but less explosive power.
-His range is smaller than Ryu’s but he has a superior neutral game than Ryu.

I’m willing to bet that like Joker, he is a difficult, fun top-tier character. Thinking about the buffs and work they have done with Ken and Ryu in 3.1/4, it seems as if the buffs are applied to those two characters because they realize that they and Terry need viability while designing Terry.

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
Dang, man. For some reason SNK never crossed my mind as a viable 3rd party choice for Smash. KoF 98 was the first fighting game I really got into...ugh...seeing my boy up there looking NICE. Feels good man. Now he's just gotta feel good to play and I'm set.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Dang, man. For some reason SNK never crossed my mind as a viable 3rd party choice for Smash. KoF 98 was the first fighting game I really got into...ugh...seeing my boy up there looking NICE. Feels good man. Now he's just gotta feel good to play and I'm set.
I didn’t even know SNK existed.

Top Bottom