• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legendary Hungry Wolf - Terry Bogard Social Thread

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
With Terry all but confirmed, we have to ask ourselves a very important question...

Will he be voiced by Satoshi Hashimoto (his VA in almost every game) or Takashi Kondo (who voiced him KoF XIV and I think Fighting EX Layer)?

I'm hoping we get his old VA back since it's much more recognizable.
I think sakurai will go with the og on this one

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Honestly it’s so surreal.

Back when I put Terry on my predictions list in February even I was uncertain if he’d get in but he made so much sense even at the time that I had to.

I was a fan of King of Fighters since way back when and now that he actually might be in Smash, it’s kinda ****ing crazy honestly.

It’s honestly insane how accurate my predictions have been so far, let’s hope we get our White Wolf soon!

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Honestly it’s so surreal.

Back when I put Terry on my predictions list in February even I was uncertain if he’d get in but he made so much sense even at the time that I had to.

I was a fan of King of Fighters since way back when and now that he actually might be in Smash, it’s kinda ****ing crazy honestly.

It’s honestly insane how accurate my predictions have been so far, let’s hope we get our White Wolf soon!
I thought him and Ryu hayabusa just made sense so if it happens then man if they do a season 2 of this who the heck is next

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
She shows as much skin as zss
Uhhh not really no.

Her cleavage is exposed, kinda exposes her butt a bit and her legs are really shown.

If they want to add her as an alt they'd have to reduce her breast size and give her jeans like Terry.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Uhhh not really no.

Her cleavage is exposed, kinda exposes her butt a bit and her legs are really shown.

If they want to add her as an alt they'd have to reduce her breast size and give her jeans like Terry.
Or they can just go the SNK vs Capcom design route and just have the shirt cover her cleavage entirely and still keep the shorts. I mean, that is where fem Terry came from in the first place, a result of Midnight Bliss.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Or they can just go the SNK vs Capcom design route and just have the shirt cover her cleavage entirely and still keep the shorts. I mean, that is where fem Terry came from in the first place, a result of Midnight Bliss.
But wasn't it Corrin's thighs that were censored? Imagine they'd do the same right here for female Terry.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I thought him and Ryu hayabusa just made sense so if it happens then man if they do a season 2 of this who the heck is next
Some are probably wondering who I predict the last character is since I’ve gotten the others right so I’ll just say it’s here.

It’s between:
-Crash Bandicoot
-A Bethesda rep which could either be Doomguy or Dragonborn
-Jill Valentine based on her Resident Evil 3 incarnation
-Ryu Hayabusa

Or for something really far out there...
-Monokuma & Junko Enoshima as a pair team like Duck Hunt

If I’d have to say the most likely probably a Bethesda rep honestly, but we’ll have to wait and see!

Hope for a Direct this week!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I cannot wait for Mexican reaction videos
Oh yeah. I hear SNK fighting games, especially King of Fighters games, are pretty popular in Latin America. Just earlier today I saw one of my Facebook friends in Guatemala getting excited over the possibility of SNK getting a character in Smash.

It would be interesting to see the different reactions from Americans and Latin Americans.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Why do people actually want fem Terry I genuinely want to understand because I kinda don't get why people like them

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
So assuming the spirits are strictly from Fatal Fury and not from any other series like KoF, I'm expecting the spirits to include:
  • Andy Bogard
  • Joe Higashi
  • Mai Shiranui
  • Kim Kaphwan
  • Blue Mary
  • Billy Kane
  • Geese Howard
  • Rock Howard
If we're going to be getting SNK spirits from other series as well, I'm also expecting the following:
  • Kyo Kusanagi
  • Iori Yagami
  • Rugal Bernstein
  • Ryo Sakazaki
  • Athena Asamiya
  • Haohmaru
  • Nakoruru
  • Marco Rossi

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Vergeben shot the flare gun that terry is a the SNK character

Congrats guys (remember he’s yet to get something wrong about smash ultimate though but still likely this one)

And I join this one first when I learned about the SNK leak glad I did

Censored ofcoarse but do you guys think the female alt could happen?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I know Maximillian Dood is going to go nuts over this reveal
Cant wait for that. Looking at his Twitter, he certainly had different expectations when this first came to light, but he still voiced his support of Terry later.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Wait... wait... not to jump into conclusions but how do we know if a SNK character or even Terry Bogard specifically actually is happening?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Wait... wait... not to jump into conclusions but how do we know if a SNK character or even Terry Bogard specifically actually is happening?
Multiple insiders have come out saying it’s happening, including Sabi who is probably the most credible leaker for Smash info atm.

toonito

Smash Ace
if terry gets in he'd be my favorite out of the characters revealed for the Fighter Pass although Nakoruru really grew on me as of late im hype

ARE YOU OKAY?

YES I AM!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Multiple insiders have come out saying it’s happening, including Sabi who is probably the most credible leaker for Smash info atm.
Sabi? And I thought Vergeben was the only credible leaker for Smash Ultimate. I’m so behind.

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
I'd advertise caution, but this "leak" seems like good news.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Also would love Rock as a Terry Echo.

Terry trained him in martial arts but I know they have different special moves so the normals could be the same while the specials could be different.

Would be really cool.

Attachments

kylexv

Smash Master
As someone who knows little about SNK, what makes Terry stand out from the likes of Ryu and Ken? I figured you guys could inform me so I have a better understanding on how he would play.

D

Deleted member

As someone who knows little about SNK, what makes Terry stand out from the likes of Ryu and Ken? I figured you guys could inform me so I have a better understanding on how he would play.
I highly recommend you watch KoF combos on YouTube so you have an idea...I think they'd translate to Smash well enough.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
If we are indeed getting an SNK character in Smash, I definitely hope to see Terry. I was obsessed with this character when I was little. I remember watching the Fatal Fury anime movie and thoroughly enjoying it. Terry was also mine main in Capcom vs SNK 2, along with Kyosuke and Hibiki.

Like Ryu, I can see Terry having classic input commands for his specials. His neutral special would probably be Power Wave, his side special Burning Knuckle, and his up special Rising Tackle. Don't know what his down special would be. I can see his Final Smash being either Power Geyser or Buster Wolf--or both.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I'm back just to post this (and to say i'm super excited for Terry).

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Also would love Rock as a Terry Echo.

Terry trained him in martial arts but I know they have different special moves so the normals could be the same while the specials could be different.

Would be really cool.
That would be awesome also PLEASE Sakurai put this song in

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If this leak is real and not fake news, then the Terry vs. Ryu match will be the first thing I will play in Smash... with me playing as Terry, of course. :awesome:

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
I was more supporting for Nakoruru, but hey SNK in smash is awesome. Add me to the support list

D

Deleted member

Been jamming to Geese's trailer theme in Tekken 7.

My hand is yours to command.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If Terry actually gets in Smash, what would he represent? Fatal Fury alone or King of Fighters, which includes Fatal Fury, Art of Fighting, etc.?

If it is the latter, then the spirits I hope would show up are:

Fatal Fury spirits
Andy Bogard
Blue Mary
Geese Howard
Joe Higashi
Kim Kaphwan
Mai Shiranui
Raiden (Pikachu Libre)

Art of Fighting spirits
Robert Garcia
Ryo Sakazaki
Yuri Sakazaki

Psycho Soldier spirits
Athena Asamiya

Ikari Warriors spirits
Clark Still
Ralf Jones

Samurai Shodown spirits
Nakoruru

King of Fighters spirits
Iori Yagami
Kyo Kusanagi

D

Deleted member

Eh, why not guess the battles themselves (who's representing who, stages, conditions, etc.)

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Eh, why not guess the battles themselves (who's representing who, stages, conditions, etc.)
Chang as Wario with a Chain Chomp assist trophy
Nakoruru as Peach (or Lucina?) & Falco
Geese as an OP Ganondorf or Incineroar on Suzaku Castle
Marco/team Metal Slug as four Snakes

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Geese as an OP Ganondorf or Incineroar on Suzaku Castle
He'd have to be Mii Brawler because he's the only one with a counter grab. Also I'm expecting

• Blue Mary to be a red Peach who prefers throws
  • Ryo to literally just be orange Ryu
  • Billy as Richter with a Krystal assist trophy

Top Bottom