• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (USE SPOILER TAGS)

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Actually, with the ammount of financial aid I've been recieving, I've been able to get things payed off AND get games, up until recently. Now I have to save up for a Europe trip (from lowly MN) for my J-Term class, and unfortunately I need it to graduate on time, so I'm already rationing all my money, I'm just not getting the games out of it that I normally would. Thus far, its been the least rewarding decision of my life, but something tells me it'll pay off in the long run...

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
maelstrom218 said:
rAt, I mock your lack of unhealthy, obsessive devotion to videogames. I'm in the same situation as you, but worse--I pay more tuition than you per year ($42,000), I have no job, I have tons of work to finish, and I have $9 in my checking account. But you know what? That doesn't really stop me from getting the games I want.

'bout 2 years ago, I had a choice--eat food and not be able to play videogames, or ration my money for food, and be able to buy an SP and lots of GBA games. So every day, the only thing I would eat would be a piece of chinese bread (like portuguese pineapple bread) and some tofu curds. If I was lucky, I would have enough money for a piece of fruit. And after 2 months of this, I was 10-20 pounds lighter, but had enough money to buy the games I wanted.

The moral of the story? You always have enough money to get the games you want. It's just a matter of starving yourself to get it. Heck, I'll take malnutrition, calcium deficiency, hunger pangs and headaches any day if I can get the games I want.

. . .it's a true story, btw. On the other hand, I don't think I want to go through that summer of starvation again. . .
I like food too much. Here's what you do: get a two liter bottle, cut the top off, and every time you get change from buying something, put the change in the bottle. It really adds up, and you don't even need to save up the full amount of the game because by then it will have dropped some.

But don't worry rAt, in all seriousness, there are some people here who know that a trip to Europe is more important than video games ever will be.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
So Nintendo are releasing two versions of TP on Wii launch day, one for GCN and one for Wii. The Wii version uses the remote to aim with the bow, and point a FAIRY around at stuff. It controlls fishing also. You can hear the arrow fire on the Wiimote speaker before it hits the target. 3D sound.

This is a bit disappointing, because it looks like you can only get one version or the other, and you will miss out on a control scheme either way.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Yeah, I didn't really understand that. Reggie said that they will both be releasing on the same day. This basically confirms like there will be two disk. I don't really like that idea.

Built in speaker is very cool. Nice touch Nintendo.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
I am also unsure as to whether the Wii version will have better graphics or not, but from what I could see in the low res stream, they looked pretty good...

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Well, having read a bit about this over at PlanetGamecube.com (which btw, I recommend if you're curious about some of the new stuff that's been shown by Nintendo recently), let me see if I got this straight...
Nintendo postponed this game for three months for the purpose of adding features, which will now no longer even be available in the core game? So, basically, I waited an extra three months for any extra features, gameplay modifications, ect. usable only if and when I finally have enough money to buy a Wii, except now I'm not even getting THAT much, unless I shell out another fifty plus dollars to get the Wii version later on? What did I wait for three months for?? So they could give me an inferior game simply because I don't have the cash to put down for a Wii on its release date?? Why not release the Gamecube version on the original release date, rather than make Gamecube owners wait three months for features they can't even use??
As surprising as this is for me to say, this is actually worse than moving it directly to the Wii, because now I have to pay ONCE to play it now, and SECOND time if I ever scrounge up enough cash to get a Wii, just to get all the features. Basically, I have to choose between playing it now and not getting to see how it plays on a Wii IF I actually can ever purchase one, or waiting in hopes that I'll be able to afford a Wii before the next generation rolls around to get the full version of the game. Thanks Nintendo, nice to see some consideration for your little market share...

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
As i've said countless times, Miyamot said the delay wasn't only for the Rev version. If it was, and they have a second version, they would have just released the cube version early, like in november, and then said for everyone who plans to get a Wii, we'll have another, better version, so wait if you don't want to spend extra. They could have made more money that way because people who wanted the game NOW might buy both instead of just waiting.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Good news is, my friend cant ask me to borrow the Zelda game after I'm done with it because he's not getting a Wii. Take that you cheapo! So this can't really be the GC's last horrah, can it? That's it for me. I'm not buying any more new GC games.

MeleeMan

Smash Ace
NNID
WilderFTW
3DS FC
2105-9709-5961

Anyone notice anything about this new piece of TP art?

Oh yeah, the Master Sword baby.

Flok

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well I am gonna buy the version with more content and better gameplay, so let's see which one that will be. I bet it will be the Wii version for me.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
See, I love how they're using this as a perfect transition between the consoles.

They're going to have a new Zelda AND a new Mario at LAUNCH.
That's unprecedented. That's astouding.
And I'm sure they'll both be very good.

But this game has a REALLY high bar to reach.
It's Nintendo's 'best game ever.'

MeleeMan

Smash Ace
NNID
WilderFTW
3DS FC
2105-9709-5961
Destiny Smasher said:
See, I love how they're using this as a perfect transition between the consoles.

They're going to have a new Zelda AND a new Mario at LAUNCH.
That's unprecedented. That's astouding.
And I'm sure they'll both be very good.

But this game has a REALLY high bar to reach.
It's Nintendo's 'best game ever.'
I was thinking the same thing. Having a new Mario AND new Zelda at the launch of the system has never happened before. They're stating that this Zelda will be betetr than OOT, so they better make it effin amazing, otherwise a bunch of people will be disappointed.

Mario on the other hand.... following Mario Sunshine I think people will be happy as long as he doesn't have a squirt gun...

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I think the reason some people don't believe that this Zelda looks as good as Nintendo is claiming it is is because all they've seen so far is areas of the Forest Temple, and one riding section.

Hopefully this game is larger than OoT.

Pogiforce-14

Smash Cadet
So they moved Twilight Princess to the Wii, even after they swore up and down it would be a Gamecube release. My dad is already getting mad being made to wait after preordering it over a year ago, now it looks like we'll have to get the new system to play it. Which is fine with me, gives us an excuse to get a Wii.

Pogiforce-14

Smash Cadet
I don't think there is gonna be a GC version. Twilight Princess looks like it's going full Wii. Which is a real shame, because I told my mom and now she's calling Nintendo a bunch of backstabbers and ranting about how she wants her preorder money back. Doesn't matter that it was onlya measely 5 bucks, she still wants it back.

BILLY AGE 8

Smash Cadet
i am just pissed that after all that wait, expecting it to be on teh GC i now have to make the decision to spend my money on the new system, that i only would have bought if there was a zelda game on it. So now i am pissed.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
Pogiforce-14 said:
I don't think there is gonna be a GC version. Twilight Princess looks like it's going full Wii. Which is a real shame, because I told my mom and now she's calling Nintendo a bunch of backstabbers and ranting about how she wants her preorder money back. Doesn't matter that it was onlya measely 5 bucks, she still wants it back.
It was announced that there will be both a Gamecube and a Wii version of the game, and that they will be released at the same time.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Duh.

Maybe you should check your facts before sending your parents into blinding fits of rage.

Of COURSE they're showing off the Wii version, because this E3 is all about the Wii.

But there IS a Gamecube version coming out on the same day.

Pogiforce-14

Smash Cadet
I wasn't aware the nintendo website was focused solelyon E3 right now. All I saw was Twilight Princess and I only saw it in reference to Wii so I figured the game had switched systems.

Jamo

Smash Journeyman
Anyone have the E3 2004 Stage release video, with the Miyamoto wielding the Master Sword and Hylian Sheild speech at the end? I think it was by Gamecube Café or somthing. Just wondering. That video was awesome with the whole cheering and such.

Uchiharakiri

Smash Journeyman
It's on Youtube, so here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pB647PE-80&search=twilight princess first

"Whos the man?!, who's the man?!?!?!"

Shigeru Miyamoto is the man, dude, Shigeru Miyamoto is he...
-

Oh and just in case no one has seen it yet here's some footage of Link kicking the fire boss's fiery *** from the original 2004 trailer, it's on the Wii version btw...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPhUtA0xm8g&search=twilight princess first
-

Ah yes and don't let the slightly longer wait take our hopes down guys, we know it's eventually coming before Thanksgiving and that might as well be our best releasedate information yet, keep the postage (minimally) alive \m/

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
So long Twilight

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Nintendo's most anticipated future Wii and GameCube game, was previously supposed to feature black and white graphics throughout the entirety of its "Twilight Realm."

Speaking to Electronic Gaming Monthly, the game's director, Eiji Aonuma, revealed that Nintendo is no longer going to include this feature, and instead, will overhaul this aspect of the game.

The studio is replacing it with a“hazy, full of color and very stylized” look that will most probably be much more visually appealing.

Lame. I was looking forward to everything being black and white, like in Hyrule castle in Wind Waker. :(

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
The effects are in EGM (I'm sure someone will scan them soon). They have a side-by-side of the original black and white Twilight Realm vs. the newer one. The black and white Realm honestly looks boring, compared to the new one. The new one definitely looks better.

Zink

Smash Champion
I think the Twilight looked a bit "nuclear winter" although I haven't seen the new style... was it a lot better or a little better?

MeleeMan

Smash Ace
NNID
WilderFTW
3DS FC
2105-9709-5961
Thank God they changed it. The black and white seemed like it would get old to me, especially if it makes up a large portion of the game. I couldn't stand going a long time without color in the world. Good move Nintendo. It was good for the short time it was used in Wind Waker, going from the intensely bright colors to no color at all, but using it for the whole Twilight Realm? That was going a bit overboard.

The new style looks much better imo.

Zink

Smash Champion
WOW that is quite a change. Thanks for the link dude!
It looks different and the same. I mena, it still looks dismal and dark, but not as "nuclear winter" dark. Dunno if I like it better. Although I do see where they say the dark fog style would get depressing. I get that sometimes when playing a Metroid Prime game, all of a sudden it just feels like I'm all alone, the only thinking being in the world... very depressing.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'm bumping... whatever, I haven't been here in a while.

This new style, while looking very good, I hope still conveys the feeling of a wasteland. The screenshot of the new style looks like it has a neon sign behind Link and Midna, and that kind of thing won't evoke the same emotions and reactions like the black and white wasteland did. But wasteland might not be what the dev team was going for at all, so I can't really judge until more is found out about the Twilight realm, probably until I actually play the game.

Top Bottom