• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (USE SPOILER TAGS)

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I don't think anyone has said this, but TSA has started a new thread over at Gamefaqs where he answers all the questions people have about TP. This right here is second hand, as in I got this from a guy talking about the thread, but so far he said the following:

- there will be a Goron themed temple (what a shocker)
- a snow themed temple will also make it's appearance
- the Deku Tree and lord Jabu Jabu will also, most likely, appear (he didn't actually confirm this as much as saying the chances are good for them to be included)
- the map will be more "flexible", meaning that you can reach specific areas without having to go through designated entrances as seen in OoT
- there will be more than one body of water (lakes and so forth)
- there will be new boots for Link to wear

Bread-Butterer

Smash Ace
oh man that's awesome. Got a link to the thread?

I can't imagine 100 hours of play. That's just ridiculous, like a record in game length. They must really be working to make this THE Zelda game.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
i actually have 110+ hours on my FF: Tactics advance save file, so its not unheard of.

the game code named "orb" from crossbeam studios, which is a Revolution exclusive, has been stated as "30-40 hours minimum, but 100+ hours if you're going to get 100% completion".

the "flexible" maps part is what interests me most. wonder how that'll work.

maybe he means like instead of having the blocky traditional rooms in the dungeon format, there'll be different ways to move between areas, like unlocking the hookshot to pull yourself over a wall into another room, or solving a puzzle to get ontop of a ledge and jump over a wall, or find a way to collapse a section of a wall, etc.

Bread-Butterer

Smash Ace
I'm guessing that the Revolution Controller will be implemented for the fishing portion of the game, because they'd have to change the game mechanics entirely to use it for the sword fighting. The fishing is supposed to be a bigger part of the game than OoT. I've heard that you actually take a boat out on large bodies of water to fish, sounds interesting anyway.

Zink

Smash Champion
New boots? yay!
Yeah Tactics Advance has been clocked at over _300_ hours total. Good game.
With the flexible map- I assume this means we can enter temples at different points, so you can go inside then outside and inside again in a different place... a few games use this, I think.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I've played 264 hours on a guy in World of Warcraft and hes not top level yet (and I'm doing pretty good compared to most).

At Zelda Universe Forums, a guy was talking about the thread. I was reading a really long topic that I didn't see before, so when I read that yesterday he said that in Febuary. He had a link, but when I went there the thread was gone. But the people after him could see it when it was first linked, and they still talk about that information there. So, don't take my word for it. I think it's probally true, but it might as well be fake.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i went to eb to get some things with my money, got resident evil ds and kingdom hearts (just for story line purposes for kingdom hearts 2...can't wait), the guy said that LoZ:TP is coming out in september, he didn't say when but it's supposed to be friken amazing, even better than ocarina of time, can't wait

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
They havn't been right yet.

It is more likely going to come out around Thanksgiving, since thats when they usually release big games.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
evolution is supposed to come out in october, or right after the release of LoZ, which i think this is supposed to be the last GC game released before revolution

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I thought that Revolution only had a Q4 release date, and nothing else?

Kais

Smash Ace
This is all wonderful and everything, but I'd like to speak a thought that may be on everyone's minds: "Twilight Princess is considered to be the last Zelda game as we know it" I love Nintendo and everything. My first console was an SNES and my first game was A Link to the Past. My point is, I don't think that all the new Nintendo games should use that effing DVD remote connected to the banana with a joystick. I mean, am I the only one who is upset by this new controller? The Revolution should at least have an option of DVD remote OR a...normal controller (?). Thats going to be verrrrryyyy frusterating playing with that. Just look around you for a remote, press some buttons on it, and wave it around; thats what its going to be like.

~Kais

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
You obviously haven't read the Revolution topic. There's this thing. http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image...e-revolution-controller-20050916041026412.jpg

It's a mock up of a Shell Nintendo is going to use for games that are better suited to more traditional games. Nintendo have said they won't be shy about using it.

And yeah, the remote might be used as the main controller in the Rev Zelda. And if it does, so what? We don't even know what the Rev remote does in the game coming out this year, and you're already complaining about the game that won't be out for at least another 2 years or so? Yes, the game might be the biggest pile of suck that ever sucked, or it might be the best thing ever. Or it might just be "meh". Do we know? Hell no, so why the hell are you whining about things that you have no clue on what it will be like? It's like complaining about the district you'll live in when we populate the moon. Way too farfetched.

Kais

Smash Ace
Mic_128 said:
You obviously haven't read the Revolution topic. There's this thing. http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image...e-revolution-controller-20050916041026412.jpg

It's a mock up of a Shell Nintendo is going to use for games that are better suited to more traditional games. Nintendo have said they won't be shy about using it.

And yeah, the remote might be used as the main controller in the Rev Zelda. And if it does, so what? We don't even know what the Rev remote does in the game coming out this year, and you're already complaining about the game that won't be out for at least another 2 years or so? Yes, the game might be the biggest pile of suck that ever sucked, or it might be the best thing ever. Or it might just be "meh". Do we know? Hell no, so why the hell are you whining about things that you have no clue on what it will be like? It's like complaining about the district you'll live in when we populate the moon. Way too farfetched.
Whoa, hey now, I'm not saying that Twilight Princess is going to be bad, I've got high expectations for it and I can't wait to see how it comes out. Also, as I'm new, thanks for the redirect to that other site. I'm just saying I'm not too pleased about the new design... I don't mean to be a Nintendo basher if thats what you think.

~Kais

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
No, not at all. I guess I was a bit grumpy when writing this. Just seeing people constantly going "Man, you can't use that to paly *insert name of game* it's going to suck" when they haven't even seen anything of the game. I was just annoyed that you seemed to be having a go at the next zelda.

supermariopro101

Smash Journeyman
Hey, like I said before a zelda game has never disappointed me. I think its great that nintendo is trying to actually get someone "involved" with the game but at the same time I say why would nintendo change the controller that has been going strong for two decades. Thanks for the picture Mic 128, I've never seen or heard about thatt. The new controller will either be a big success or a nightmare. Either way, they always got a backup!

Zink

Smash Champion
The controller has NOT been unaltered for decades! It has been different every system! Only similar things are A, B, Start, and d-pad!

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
But they were always the same functions. They might look diffrent or be wireless, but they were still the same controller.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
this game is going to be on the rev??? noooo! do u realize that if it hadnt been for all the delays, we would have had it last christmas? oh well. better be worth it.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
commonyoshi said:
this game is going to be on the rev??? noooo! do u realize that if it hadnt been for all the delays, we would have had it last christmas? oh well. better be worth it.

are you ********?

if you read ANYTHING in the last 5 PAGES you'd know that its a GCN game but when you put it in the REV there will be extra FUNCTIONASLITY involving the REVMOTE.

>.< got it -_-

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Have you read most of commonyoshi's posts?

And yeah, GDC started. Lets hope for at least a new screenshot. Although they probally will only say what they will release at E3.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yom Kais!

News flash: Nintendo CREATED the standard control pad with the NES when everyone else was using this blocks with a joystick and a button, or other bizarre dealies.

I'm sure people thought that the gamepad was weird for its time.

Nintendo also did the analog stick first, and ya know what?
People thought THAT was gonna be stupid, too.

Besides, you can't bash a controller you haven't USED.
You have no idea how intuitive it will be.

And dang, I love Zelda, too, but man, games have to have more ORIGINALITY, more INNOVATION, or they're continue to just wallow in depravity.

If NIntendo plays their cards right, people may start looking at our currently standard controllers as archaic, just as we look at huge joysticks and single button controllers as archaic.
There's a reason it's called the 'Revolution,' and, honestly, the gaming industry could use some waves in this vast ocean, 'cuz the waters are getting no fun to sail.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
First off, let me just say that it sounds like everyone could do well to take a few steps back. I mean, I get as passionate about my ideas as anyone, and as I writer (hopefully), I consider that to be one of my greatest strengths, but there seems to be a fundamental lack of respect here. I mean, I for one am not too happy about Nintendo delaying this game. I've said it before, I'll say it again if it comes up. I don't define my life around it, and I don't have a problem with people who agree with Nintendo's decision to delay it, because I respect the other side of the arguement. And that's the point, there's two sides to this arguement, otherwise it wouldn't be an arguement; two intelligent, equally plausible sides. If you differ in your oppinion from someone else, that's great because iron sharpens iron and you learn more about what you think by defending it, but if you can't disagree without calling someone ******** or insulting their intelligence, then do us all a favor and grow up or get out.

Regarding the idea that the game was delayed for other reasons than the Rev controller compatability, I would say that it seems as though it would have something pretty big thing to take six months. I would also note that since Nintendo neither has, nor likely will cite what other changes are being made, then it could just as easily be them trying to say that which will look best to certain individuals who are questioning waiting another six months (those already pissed off about the delay). Target audience. Then again, it could be genuine. I don't know. I just know what I think.

As far as the controller itself goes, I personally think that Nintendo is taking a big gamble. Theoretically it could literally revolutionize video games. In theory. Then again, it could be the next Virtual Boy. I'm not placing bets either way. I'll give it a fair try in person before I make my judgement, as it seems to me to be the only thing to do.

Personally, I feel this whole "Delay: good or bad" mentality is getting us nowhere. Obviously most of us are already set in our oppinions, most of which have been voiced many times over, and all further dissection seems to accomplish is to create more dissent. I mean, granted until E3 there isn't a whole lot of new info to discuss and I know forums are a place to vent, but perhaps we can find something to which there is less hostility attached?

I guess that's my two rupees on the topic...

Andy

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
the virtual boy was just somethiing Nintendo threw out to get something on the market fast. they didn't put the time and effort they're putting into the rev on it.

and are you still arguing based on the "delayed for Revmote" mentality?

Or did you see that miyamoto said the game was mainly delayed to make the game OVERALL a better experience? I for one am happy they're trying to make TP the best it can possibly be, both on GCN and Rev.

BUt like you, I respect the other side. People like you and CHill who are upset with the delays andhave lost interest...well, there's nothing I can do about that. If that's what you think, so be it.
However, the nice thing about liking the delays, is that I'm happy, and you're not.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
ChRed2AKrisp said:
are you ********?

if you read ANYTHING in the last 5 PAGES you'd know that its a GCN game but when you put it in the REV there will be extra FUNCTIONASLITY involving the REVMOTE.

>.< got it -_-
SOME of us have better things to do than just read five pages of posts. i dont really care though, i got my answer.:)

theaftermath

Smash Cadet
i've preordered my copy already ^.^ at EB Games. im pretty sure they'll have it for both systems, Burnout Revenge is for both xbox's but 360s version has more detailed stuff and online play, thats what Nintendo is probably doing with TP.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
No, it's for the CUBE. If played on the REv it'll have a few bonus features, but it is primarily a GAMECUBE game.

bolinp78

Smash Apprentice
When is this supposed to come out on GC? I know its been delayed and I know the info has probably already been posted in this thread but I'm lazy, thanks.

cowwa-f'n-bunga

Smash Apprentice
Renth said:
Zelda >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Any other game in the universe
What a brilliant contribution.

I am curious as to the specific Rev functionality that will be included. Sword swinging seems far fetched to me but it might be fun. Maybe you just use it to walk and everything?

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
cowwa-f'n-bunga said:
What a brilliant contribution.

I am curious as to the specific Rev functionality that will be included. Sword swinging seems far fetched to me but it might be fun. Maybe you just use it to walk and everything?
Probably upgraded graphics, sounds, and use of the revmote. I would guess it needs the joystick attachment for normal movement, walking around, etc. and would use the motion sensor remote for aiming your bow, slingshot, boomerang, swinging your sword, and all the other attack and special item uses. Shielding and Crouching could easily be covered by the two Z buttons on the joystick attachment, while pulling out different weapons could be used with the A and B buttons on the remote - although that only allows for two (maybe use the D pad instead).

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
y dont they just release it for the rev considering we have to wait so long? it would mean better graphics and other super neat stuff.<--yeah. i dont think the revmote will play too much into the game. remember the ds? a first all the games had touch screen as its center but now, they have made smarter choices and have even left it out of the game all together.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Paranoid_Android said:
Probably upgraded graphics, sounds, and use of the revmote.
Wrong. The only advantage of p[laying it on Rev instead of the cube is controller use. No change in graphics or sound.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
commonyoshi said:
y dont they just release it for the rev considering we have to wait so long? it would mean better graphics and other super neat stuff.<--yeah. i dont think the revmote will play too much into the game. remember the ds? a first all the games had touch screen as its center but now, they have made smarter choices and have even left it out of the game all together.
Have you even played MP:H?

Anyway, to be on topic, many pages back a few people were ranting about an NGC article (which I did, A LOT) which first reported the TP delay, as well as the Remote functionality. It was just about all speculation, but they listed just about every possible use for the Remote in a Zelda game.

Creature_85

Smash Lord
Has anybody else noticed that this topic is a long chain of some n00b making a comment, bumping the thread so a few random people can make observations or wonder about how things will work, debate for about half a page, and then stop posting so it can fall into obscurity again? This happens every two pages or so. If we're gonna keep using this topic, we should probably actually find something new to discuss, and if there is nothing, stop posting about it until there is something new to discuss.

Top Bottom